Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneezing when seeing others sneeze?

drsn

I find that seeing someone sneeze can sometimes makes me sneeze, kind of like when people yawn. Anyone else experience this? 

Sometimes when watching videos, it does.

Not quite similar to a yawn. It has to be many many sneezes.

It doesn’t necessarily make me want to sneeze, but sometimes it makes me want to induce myself later :)

Oh my gosh yes! Sometimes if I am reading sneeze related things on the forum or hear someone sneeze for a while, I tend to sneeze a little! 

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of those things that sounds like it's not real. Then again contagious yawning is a thing so. Hey maybe it works for sneezing.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s possible.

Certain emotions can cause the nasal membranes to shrink or swell and trigger sneezing as a result. If someone were to see other people sneeze, experience those emotions and have their nasal membranes affected as a result, it could happen like a cascade effect. Kind of like honeymoon rhinitis where some people sneeze as a result of being sexually aroused first.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/everyday-myths/sneeze-with-eyes-open.htm

Actually, what happens to me sometimes is I type the word "sneeze" into the search engine and - sneeze. 🤣

It can happen to me! But mostly if I think about sneezes a lot, rather than by witnessing other people sneeze, I think.

I don’t sneeze from seeing other people sneeze, but I do sneeze from thinking about sneezing. Case in point: I sneezed literally in between typing in the web address to come here a minute ago, and hitting “enter” for it to go through.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not a particularly sneezy person, but I am sure I sneeze more than my average when I am browsing the Forum or looking at other sneeze-related material online. Maybe it's just that I notice it more, but there does seem to be an odd correlation for me between seeing sneezing and sneezing myself...