Sneeze Fetish Forum

I want to get back into using handkerchiefs...

Ali Marie

But for some reason...I'm weirdly hesitant, as in like nervous. I'm honestly not sure why. I used handkerchiefs as a teen/young adult with no problem. So I find it odd that I'm having a hard time recommitting to the choice?

Maybe I've just become less comfortable with people pointing it out? Or maybe I'm worried because people will think it's unsanitary?

I was the same way, but got over the discomfort gradually. At home, l used them so often that it became very natural, so using them in public--stores, train, supermarket etc. became ho-hum. People DO stare sometimes so l don't make eye contact unless l want to. People also stare at a nice piece of jewelry or a nice sweater or nice anything else, so it's often out of admiration, or their liking someone's choice of handkerchief as much as anything else. To start again--if you don't unfold it fully to blow, there's very little to see, and most won't notice. Try that and you'll feel less uncomfortable. Or get used to displaying it in a back or front pocket or shirt/blouse front with some showing. If you are out walking or sitting in a coffeeshop, just keep it in your hand as a "comfort" thing and get used to people seeing it. I started doing that when travelling where nobody knows me--the anonymity really helps and you get used to the act of having one in in your hand fully unfolded and people seeing it. After awhile you'll be more comfortable. Don't be afraid to flaunt them a little in a subtle, natural way. If l'm at the cash register in a store, l'll intentionally put my money or credit card in a pocket of my go-bag under a few used or open handkerchieves and take them out and let them be seen as l fumble for the money or card to pay. Believe me--the cashier will notice. It's a nice flaunt and what a nice rush. 

I always use the same side of my handkerchief for blowing so that the used side is seen only by me. To the casual viewer, the other side--the unused side--appears entirely pristine, even if it's quite soiled. If it's quite used, it's time for a fresh one. If l see a woman and she's using a snotty handkerchief, it's also a nice rush. On a date once, l took out a very large attractive handkerchief to use, and as l finished using it, she asked with a smile, "Do you always use a handkerchief or are you just trying to impress me". Using a handkerchief has benefits. i told her, "Yes--l always use them and yes--l am trying to impress you". 

Edited by midnight in paris

I understand the struggle, but after a number of years of not wanting to use my hanky in public I finally thought, NO, it's what I want to do, and if others want to comment or whatever, I do not care! Handkerchiefs are much better, they are more robust and are more environmentally friendly. So go for it.

I agree with hankie sneeze i too use hankies in public all the time and love it.i am strictly a hankie user all the time do not use paper it they are gross.

On 4/11/2023 at 4:21 PM, Ali Marie said:

But for some reason...I'm weirdly hesitant, as in like nervous. I'm honestly not sure why. I used handkerchiefs as a teen/young adult with no problem. So I find it odd that I'm having a hard time recommitting to the choice?

Maybe I've just become less comfortable with people pointing it out? Or maybe I'm worried because people will think it's unsanitary?

I got back into using handkerchiefs last year after several years and (even during some bad colds) never had anyone act grossed out by it. 

A few people have made mention but mostly just that it is unusual or quirky or "seems very adult"

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2023 at 12:21 AM, Ali Marie said:

How are doing with using a handkerchief now? Just wondered if you are comfortable with it by now. Hope you' are!

9 hours ago, midnight in paris said:

How are doing with using a handkerchief now? Just wondered if you are comfortable with it by now. Hope you' are!

I have not started yet, unfortunately. I have not yet gotten comfortable.

12 hours ago, Ali Marie said:

I have not started yet, unfortunately. I have not yet gotten comfortable.

Don't be discouraged. You had no problem before and it will happen again. I would start at home/away from others and use only handkerchieves. After awhile it just seems easy to do. In public/around others, start slowly and go from there. A quick blow here and there at first, with very few people nearby. Store aisles and shops are good for choosing how many are around. A busy aisle is different than say, a quieter aisle. People often stare, but it's no different than someone admiring your jewelry or hair style. Get pleasure with some innocent flaunting. A small audience is a desirable thing. Why be self-conscious. Everyone has to blow his or her nose. A tissue or a handkerchief is part of that. Just act natural and matter-of-fact. Enjoy your handkerchief collection.

On 4/11/2023 at 6:21 AM, Ali Marie said:

I actually use them despite them being soaked all the tjme ieven let them be visible on the desk while tgeir wet

18 minutes ago, Céline said:

I actually use them despite them being soaked all the tjme ieven let them be visible on the desk while tgeir wet

You should keep some extras in your bag or desk drawer so you can start a new one when one becomes too wet to use. Do you use womens' or mens' or both? It's really nice that you leave them out where they can be seen. Melt....

10 hours ago, Céline said:

Like what @midnight in paris has said really, you should keep extra hankies in a bag or drawer at work. I bring a small bag of hankies for when i work away all week, i bring about 25 with me. But im also melting at the thought of your snotty handkerchief on the desk though.

Also @Ali Marie  I'd just take the advice from @midnight in paris about using your hankies, thats exactly how i started over 29 years ago.