Sneeze Fetish Forum

Is there a sensible place to brainstorm story ideas?

ticklywombat

I like writing, and I would like to finish the longer story I started a year ago (!) and maybe some of the other weird ideas that are bouncing around my brain. But I don't write well, or very much, when it's just me staring at the computer trying to put words in an order. I need people to talk to about my ideas!

Maybe this isn't the place for it at all, but I thought I'd ask. All the story boards seem to be mostly for posting finished/in-progress stories rather than talking about stories, and I am a wombat with anxiety... Anyone got guidance for me?

Thanks!

While I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, you might want to try posting in the threads in the main "Observations, Stories, and Art" section (aka here). I posted there a few years back with a poll inviting people to vote on stories ideas I should work on for National Novel Writing Month and got a decent amount of responses, so if you title your thread something like "Need Advice/Opinions for stories I'm working on", you should hopefully get some people responding to you.

Good luck! I know how hard it can be to get an idea out of your head and down on paper, so I wish you every success!

9 hours ago, Wig_Powder said:

While I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, you might want to try posting in the threads in the main "Observations, Stories, and Art" section (aka here).

That is absolutely correct.  That's totally where you want to go if you want to talk about story ideas, look for trades, all of that good stuff!

Good luck @ticklywombat looking forward to see what you post!

• Mr_G locked this topic