Sneeze Fetish Forum

(M) nurse practitioner in critical hospital setting

peach2218

I’m just getting home from another shift in the ICU, and remembered this brief obs from a few hours ago. 

I got a very sick patient in the middle of the shift, and I was busy running around the room carrying out orders. The critical care NP,  30s male with short dark hair and short, well maintained facial hair, was beside me putting a special line into the patient to monitor blood pressure. I was two feet away from the NP, our backs facing each other, when I heard a sharp inhale and a “heh-mmmph.” I blessed him without missing a beat (I’m getting bolder, I know) and he thanked me. 😊 I was briefly horrified at the idea that it wasn’t a sneeze at all, and just a dramatic stifled cough that I had blessed, but the little hitch at the beginning reassured me that it was a sneeze. He was wearing a mask and barely had time to turn away from his work. I’m curious to know if he stifles on a regular basis, or if it was just because he was in the middle of a sterile procedure. 

Anyway, there’s just something about sneezes from other medical workers that gets me. It’s like a split second lapse in control/professionalism and I really enjoy it. 

• 2 months later...

Little update—

The same male nurse practitioner was working last night. He was sitting in a little hub next to a patient room about 4 rooms down from where I was sitting. I wasn’t paying him much attention, but then I heard a clearly male sneeze from down the hall. It sounded pretty wet and desperate, 3 syllables. Really nice. As if that wasn’t awesome enough, I heard another deep male voice say bless you. 

It was J, a 25 year old male nurse that I’ve written a few obs about. He blesses just about everyone, but that male on male blessing was extra sweet. It’s my favorite thing. 🥵

Great obs’s.   

When I’m the nurse sneezing, I don’t like because I just feel so self conscious about anything that could represent illness in front of patients.    But when it’s other HCW’s, I enjoy it.   

21 hours ago, aggedy_ann said:

Great obs’s.   

When I’m the nurse sneezing, I don’t like because I just feel so self conscious about anything that could represent illness in front of patients.    But when it’s other HCW’s, I enjoy it.   

I literally never sneeze at work unless I’m alone in a patient’s room, they’re intubated and sedated, and it’s stifled. That’s it. 

I’m trying to work on my mental block and maybe let a sneeze or two out in the med room or at my charting hub, but it has yet to happen.