Sneeze Fetish Forum

Trying to break my mental block is not going well (F, self)

peach2218

I have been wanting to sneeze in front of other people for a while now. Mainly at work, where I know basically everyone is a blesser but doesn’t make a huge deal out of sneezing. 

While at work overnight, I had this very faint tickle in the back of my sinus. I kept gently sniffing throughout the night to try and coax it into a sneeze, but it never even came close. 

I just walked out to the parking garage not even 5 minutes ago, got into my freezing cold car, and sniffled a bit more. Whatever was tickling my nose last night came back with a vengeance and I sneezed once into my elbow. Two syllables and a little bit high-pitched at the end, “Hih-tchew!” I felt a little tickle still, so I sniffed gently and ended up sneezing a double, identical to the first sneeze. Sniffed again, and a fourth sneeze came shortly after. 

I literally never sneeze that many times. Maybe a double if I’m lucky, but for the most part I’m a single sneezer. My mental block must be ridiculously strong, and my body just refused to let me sneeze in front of people and held on to all of the tickliness until I was alone. I’m kinda disappointed. 

Even now as I’m typing this, I still feel a faint tickle deep in my sinuses. Maybe tonight will be different and I’ll be able to let them out! 

If you still find it difficult, do you think sneezing in front of other people when you have your back to them would be easier for you to let go?

5 hours ago, solitaire-au said:

If you still find it difficult, do you think sneezing in front of other people when you have your back to them would be easier for you to let go?

I think so. There were several moments when I was alone in a room with people just outside the (open) door, or I was at a computer with my back facing a few people, and I still couldn’t get it to come out. 

I definitely am self conscious about the pre-sneeze face and having people watch me as it’s happening. I was planning on just turning and doing it into the collar of my sweatshirt if necessary butttt I didn’t have to worry about that because it never came. 

I know how crazy this is gonna sound, but one of the things that actually really helped me break my mental block on sneezing was browsing sneeze related stuff on my phone in public. I know that's probably going to sound absolutely mortifying, but it's actually not so scary if you do it if you're standing with your back to a wall or with no one in your immediate vicinity. For me it actually helped a ton and now I'm not nowhere near as self-conscious about sneezing as I used to be. 

29 minutes ago, Its All Sternutation said:

I know how crazy this is gonna sound, but one of the things that actually really helped me break my mental block on sneezing was browsing sneeze related stuff on my phone in public. I know that's probably going to sound absolutely mortifying, but it's actually not so scary if you do it if you're standing with your back to a wall or with no one in your immediate vicinity. For me it actually helped a ton and now I'm not nowhere near as self-conscious about sneezing as I used to be. 

I browse the forum in public, does that count? 😅 On slow nights at work or during little breaks (like now), I’ll occasionally hop on the forum. 

I started browsing sneezeblr and sneeze stuff on youtube (with sound off) and it started helping me with my mental block. Not sure if it works for everyone. If you already occasionally browse the forum in public, idk if it'd help you, but I guess it'd be worth a shot

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 9:39 PM, peach2218 said:

I definitely am self conscious about the pre-sneeze face and having people watch me as it’s happening.

This perfectly describes my mental block. I have started sneezing in public in places where I know no-one. However, it is still impossible for me to sneeze if anyone I know is around. The logic behind this is that I feel like I have a certain persona around people I know: being a strong-willed, reliable, dependable, high-achieving, highly- disciplined person. I associate sneezing with loss of control, which doesn't match my persona.

14 hours ago, Jessica said:

This perfectly describes my mental block. I have started sneezing in public in places where I know no-one. However, it is still impossible for me to sneeze if anyone I know is around. The logic behind this is that I feel like I have a certain persona around people I know: being a strong-willed, reliable, dependable, high-achieving, highly- disciplined person. I associate sneezing with loss of control, which doesn't match my persona.

Mine is mainly because I’m already self conscious about my appearance, and I don’t want to make a gross face 😅

@peach2218 Perhaps if you were prepared, and covered your face with a tissue or handkerchief as soon as you felt the urge to sneeze, do you think that might help? I.e. if people can’t see your pre-sneeze face apart from your eyes?