Sneeze Fetish Forum

Your annual sneeze count

atchoum

your annual sneeze count  

91 members have voted

1. 1. how many times would you sneeze per year on average?

• I never sneeze
    • 1-20
    • 21-50
    • 51-100
    • 101-200
    • 201-300
    • 301-400
    • 401-500
    • 501-600
    • 601-700
    • 701-800
    • 801-900
    • 901-1000
    • 1001-1250
    • 1251 - 1500
    • 1501 - 2000
    • 2001 - 3000
    • 3001 - 4000
    • 4000 - 5000
    • more than 5000

Lamborghini’s post about how many times we estimate we have sneezed in our lives made me think of a poll on everyone’s estimated annual sneeze count that was on the forum until one spring clean.

It’s spring again, so perhaps it’s the right time to put it back. It’s a pity I didn’t save it, as there were over 50 responses, giving some idea of the difference there is between individuals.

We can work out quite a few annual sneeze counts from Lamborghini's thread (for example it seems that his annual count would be about 800 ... ?), but it gets interesting when there is a fair number of answers.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there really people who sneeze under 20 times a year? Having done the math, I'm safely above the 2000 mark myself...

I would say over the last several years I have sneezed 200-300 sneezes a year on average. However the way this year is going will probubly end up with between 300-400 sneezes for the year.

I am not a sneezey person overall, but I do sneeze more then some people!

im between 3000-4000 per year. i swear it doesnt seem like that many, until i do the math...

That's really quite amazing. I thought I sneezed a lot... I wish I knew you in real life...

I'd have to put myself in the "more than 5000" category. While I can go through several days only having three or four singles, every now and then my allergies kick my ass, and I'll have fits of 10 or more (happens once or twice a week during the year, and three or four times per DAY during allergy seasons). And when I'm sick, it's a toss-up. It's either non-stop, or I hardly have any until the cold is ending.

I'm guessing I'm in the 1250-1500 category.

I'd love to meet the person who votes number 1 :):laugh:

thats it. im moving to Canada.... Morningsmith, you can meet me in real life, and Lynne, Ill be hiding in the bushes.... :)

Hiding in the bushes? Woman, as if I wouldn't invite you in!!!! (I have a vicious cat though, be warned)

well i sneeze about 6-8 times a day usually, plus i like to induce quite a bit..so i voted for 2000-3000..or whatever the hell the numbers were.. :D

• 2 weeks later...

501-600. Go days at a time without sneezing, and the most I've ever done in a day is probably 20 or so, with the worst cold ever.

I am about 1,000 per annum. We counted my wife's sneezes for a six month strech a couple of years back, she is about 2,400-2,450.

• 8 months later...

Well, I'm nearly a year late on this, but thought I'd chime in. I wavered between the 901-1000 category and the next higher one, but decided on the former

as regarding my natural sneezes. I can induce well which of course increases the number, but naturally I probably sneeze 2 to 3 times a day, mostly in the morning.

i have massive allergies :twisted: and i get around 4 or 5 extremely sneezy colds ;) a year and i also like to induce, so i think somewhere around 3000-4000 is about right. i rarely go a day without sneezing ;) , but i love it so it doesnt bother me at all. :D but it does seem like my nose is perpetually tickling or running or red. :lol:

Its difficult for me to estimate. I decided for category 801-900. I have no allergies, do not induce and colds are rare. Beside this I noticed in a week when I counted my sneezes, that there days complete without sneezes and others with a lot.

Hope that a lot of people will participate for getting an representative result.

Does this include induced sneezes?

I took it to mean natural sneezes, so I said close to 800, but I may have underestimated now that I think about allergy season.

• 10 months later...

I recently stumbled across an estimation of how many times the average person sneezes in a year : 200 old article on abcnews.com detailing that the average human sneezes approximately 200 times per year,old article on abcnews.com claiming that the average human sneezes approximately 200 times per year.

While this would seem to be at the low end of the spectrum, it does sound quite plausible, and explain how we can go for months frequenting the same person, and never hearing them sneeze.

I thought the post was also interesting because the author was counting her own sneezes, and looked as if she could equal the so-called annual average in a few weeks. The link is here:

http://ithimble.com/post/79558834/standard...tion-of-sneezes

From the poll above, the 200 mark seems to be about the lower third of those board members who have replied.

Are there really people who sneeze under 20 times a year? Having done the math, I'm safely above the 2000 mark myself...

I would probably fall in that category, I have no allergies, I never get sick, I can't induce, and on the rare occasion I have to sneeze I don't in front of other people, ever. Sadly I only sneeze around once every two weeks usually :(

Jeepers cats... I usually sneeze 7 times each time, and I have maybe an average of 4 to 6 fits a day, depending on the season. That's a lot. I don't think I've ever counted before.

I've been counting this year, and I'm around 28, I believe. Last year I think I hit 25. THere have been some years where I had as little as 3 or 6.

Archived