Sneeze Fetish Forum

Secret Santa for Bongo

tFM!

Time for me to post my SS fic for Bongo. I hope you like it ^_^

Prompt

iCarly: Sam’s finally pulled a prank too far, and Carly and Freddie are upset with her. But when she gets sick, they have to find it in their hearts to forgive her, because she is their friend after all.

"So until next time..."

"Eat some corndogs!"

"Pretend to be a giraffe!"

"Make friends with aliens!"

"And always..."

"Always..."

"Always..."

"Trust llamas." Sam finished, a broad grin firmly in place as the red 'recording' light on Freddie's camera blinked off.

"Aaand we're clear." the dark haired tech producer announced, setting down his camera and greeting the web show hosts with high fives.

"Nice job guys."

“Thanks.” Carly replied, walking to the far side of the studio and grabbing bottles of water for the three of them. As she passed the water to her friends, Freddie began commenting on the girls’ antics throughout the show.

“…the lizard bit was genius! But…why exactly did you put dog food in Gibby‘s shoes?”

“Because,” the blonde girl countered, “his feet smell horrible! He took off his shoes in Geometry the other day and I thought I was going to pass out!”

“And turkey flavored dog food helps that how?”

“Oh, it doesn‘t help anything. I was just looking for fun new ways to express my anger.”

“Alright then… but how did you convince him to let you do it?”

“She didn‘t,” added Carly, smirking at her best friend, who was now drinking her water. “She told him that we were going to film him eating ten candy bars while we played European techno music.”

Sam couldn’t help but giggle a little at her own prank, smiling at the floor as she relived the look of horror on Gibby’s face when she scooped the contents of the dog food can onto his tennis shoes. Suddenly, she stopped laughing, breathing in sharply and stifling a sneeze into her right hand.

“huh-ksshh!”

“You OK?” Carly inquired, looking over and touching Sam’s shoulder lightly.

Sam sniffled a bit more before she answered. “Yeah. I’b fide.” Regaining her composure a little, she turned to face Freddie.

“Hey, Fredward. Even though I lied to Gibby, I actually did bring those candy bars. They‘re in my backpack downstairs. Go get them.”

“Why don‘t you do it yourself?” Freddie implored.

“Because I don‘t feel like doing it. Go, clown.” Sam commanded, rolling her eyes at the boy.

Freddie sighed, but turned and began jogging down the stairs to fulfill Sam’s request.

Carly looked to Sam, who was in the process of checking her cell phone.

“Did you seriously bring ten candy bars?” the dark haired girl inquired as she raised an eyebrow at the blonde.

“Of course not. I just like screwing with the loser.” she replied, casually rubbing at her nose.

“Then what did you-”

“AGHHH!!!”

Carly’s question was interrupted by a scream from Freddie, coupled with the noise of something breaking. With a shocked look, Carly took off after the sound, with Sam following half-heartedly behind her. When they arrived at the first floor, they found Freddie lying on the steps, with the top step broken underneath him. Carly quickly helped the younger boy to the couch, frantically looking him over to make sure he wasn’t injured.

“What happened?” she insisted, her brown eyes darting back and forth between Freddie and the broken step, and finally landing on the tools leaning against the steps. Next to them was the piece of wood that normally served as the step. She walked towards the scene, looking closely at the splinted wood. In place of the step that was normally there, a thin sheet of flimsy particle board was crudely nailed over the hole. “Who would have…” she wondered, but stopped herself mid-thought as the answer occurred to her. Dark eyes raced up to meet a pair of guilty blue ones that quickly looked down.

“You did this.” Carly challenged, walking towards Sam.

“Well… yeah.”

“What were you thinking?! You could have seriously hurt him!” the normally calm girl shrieked.

“I…”

“Carly,” Freddie started, deciding to speak for the first time since they had come downstairs. “It‘s OK. Really. I‘m fine. Just a little bruised, but…”

Ignoring him, Carly continued. “He‘s our friend! Why would you do something like that? How could you be so stupid?!”

“I‘m sorry. ” Sam mumbled quietly, staring at the floor as hard as she possibly could. “I…I don‘t know why I… I‘m sorry.” she finished, sniffling discreetly.

“Sam,” Carly sighed, anger still present in her voice, which had lowered to almost a whisper, “maybe you should just go home.”

“Carly…” said Freddie nervously, trying (and failing) to find words that might resolve the conflict at hand.

The blonde looked up. “OK.” she answered the other girl simply, walking past her and Freddie, out the door, and into the ever present Seattle rain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the end of 8th period the next day, Sam had managed to evade both Carly and Freddie, avoiding them in the hallways, in class, and even at lunch, for which she simply wasn’t present. Freddie was uncharacteristically ready to forgive her, and attempted to persuade Carly to do the same. He was partially successful; though she was still angry with her friend, she regretted yelling at her and kicking her out to walk home in a thunderstorm. She spent the day trying to come up with a way to approach Sam and apologize, but nothing she thought of seemed right. When the final bell rang, she stood at her locker, shoving books into her bag as Sam approached.

“Hey.” Sam muttered quietly, her eyes refusing to meet Carly’s as slightly shrunk away from her friend. The darker haired girls’ expression softened, and she walked closer to Sam, whose eyes had taken on a far away look, which puzzled Carly for a few seconds until she sneezed quietly into her hands.

“heh…het-cheiw!”

Carly frowned as she glanced over at the blonde girl, taking in her appearance for the first time since the night before. Her nose was a shade of light pink, and she had dark circles under her eyes. “Is she normally that pale?” Carly wondered to herself as she watched her friend cough harshly into the sleeve of her hoodie.

“Sam?”

At the use of her name, Sam glanced up guiltily at Carly with tired blue eyes.

“Are you OK?”

Sam opened her mouth, as if to speak, but before she could answer, she inhaled sharply and stifled a sneeze into her cupped hands, bending at the waist. She sniffled quietly, and looked at Carly again.

“Yeah.” she replied unenthusiastically

Carly couldn‘t help grinning sympathetically at her. “Right…” she began in a soft sarcastic tone "because that was convincing.”

"Whatever." Sam responded, grabbing her Biology book and shoving it into her bag before starting off down the hall.

"Wait!"

Carly rushed after her friend, grabbing her arm to stop her.

“What?”

“Where are you going?” the brunette

“Hobe.”

“What?”

“Hobe.” Sam repeated a little bit louder, slight frustration evident in her now congested voice.

“Wha-?”

“By freakig house, OK?” the blonde girl snapped, not yelling, but just on the verge of it. The expression wore on her pale face showed clearly that her sore throat had not welcomed the sudden vocal strain. She grimaced, sniffling, and paused for a moment before speaking again.

“I‘b really sorry…about everything.”

“I‘m sorry too. I shouldn‘t have freaked out like that.”

“Doh, really. I‘b sorry. You had every right to freak out. I was…stupid.”

Carly gave a tiny smile. “No you weren‘t. I mean, was you did was… less than intelligent, but you weren‘t stupid.”

Looking up, she smiled back at Carly. “Good to kdow.”

They stood silently in the vacant hallway for a few seconds, with Carly finally breaking the awkward silence.

“Ummm… hug?” she asked shyly. Sam rolled her eyes good-naturedly, walking closer and hugging Carly. After a few moments, Carly backed away.

“You‘re like, really warm.”

“Your point?” Sam responded, sniffling yet again.

“You‘re sick.”

“No I‘b dot.”

“When you can‘t pronounce your m‘s and n‘s, you‘re obviously “dot” OK.”

“Whatever. I‘b fide.” she contended, barely finishing her sentence before contradicting herself yet again. “heh-chiiew! het-ishhew!”

“Mhmm. Just keep telling yourself that. Regardless, you‘re coming home with me.”

“Why?”

“Because. Your mom typically spends most nights getting drunk and making out with random Italian guys, or raiding other people‘s trash. She‘s not going to take care of you.”

“I don‘t deed to be taked care of.”

Ignoring her, Carly continued.

“Plus, I make amazing soup. Come on.” she finished, taking Sam’s hand and half pulling her to the door.

“I‘d rather have bacon.” she muttered, allowing herself to be dragged by Carly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours later, the two girls sat in Carly’s living room, watching an old episode of Girly Cow. Sam was sprawled on her side, a partially eaten bowl of soup beside her on the table, as well as numerous used Kleenex scattered on the floor beside her. Carly sat on the other end with Sam’s feet in her lap, paying little attention to the cartoon that held her friend’s complete and undivided attention. She studied the girl carefully, watching her as if at any moment she might need something else, at which point Carly was ready to spring up and get it for her. She had just begun to fall asleep when Freddie threw open the door, shouting Spanish phrases.

“Hola chica! Como estas? Que pasa?”

“Freddie!” Carly hissed as Sam stirred, blinking and shifting positions to look over at the latest arrival to the Shay apartment.

“Yo Benson. What‘s up?” she inquired, yawning at the confused looking tech producer staring down at her and Carly.

“I could say the same.” he retorted, raising his eyebrows as he looked back and forth between the girls.

“I think you did. In Spanish.” Sam mumbled before laying her head back down on the pillow, her eyes starting to flutter shut yet again.

“I thought you were fighting?” Freddie mouthed at Carly, still slightly bewildered at the scene in front of him.

“We made up.” she answered simply, looking at back at Sam before speaking again. “She‘s spending the night here. She‘s sick.”

As if on cue, Sam sneezed again. “I‘b dot sick!” she growled hoarsely, hugging her pillow tighter.

Freddie grinned at the stubborn blonde girl, grabbing a blanket from the chair on the opposite side of the room and covering her before her sat down in front of the couch.

“You guys are awesome.” Sam murmured, half asleep. Freddie and Carly smiled and glanced at each other briefly, and then back at their blonde friend, who had slowly slipped into peaceful unconsciousness.

Whoa, this sounds exactly like the show! I’m impressed:) Not that I still watch that show, or anything…I used to watch it. Yeah. Anyway ^_^ I'm loving all these SS fics, nice job!

I've never seen the show, but this was a really sweet fic. I love the two of them looking after Sam so well even though they're not particularly impressed with her at the time!

While I'm a little ashamed that I'm in college and I watch this with my roomate, I can totally put that aside for total excitement! I love this fic so much! The iCarly episode ended just like they do in the show, they speak like they do in the show, and I can totally see everything to happen. Thank you so much!

While I'm a little ashamed that I'm in college and I watch this with my roomate, I can totally put that aside for total excitement!

don´t be ashamed i also love iCarly although i´m nearly 30 years old and my husband 34 :D

and i love this fic sooo cute <3

I haven't watched this show in a while, but from what I remember, you did an amazing job with it, it was just like the show! :)

AWWWW THIS WAS ADORABLE. Such a cute ending, too! You got the randomness captures perfectly, with the show's quirky humor and the personalities of each character. Just excellent!

That was great :laugh: On target with the show. I think Dan Schnider would like it if you sent it to him :twisted:

Plus a fun little iCarly fact having to do with colds 'n stuff: in "iFight Shelby Marx", in one part, Jennette McCurdy (Sam) had a cold the day of shooting. During a webcast and a school scene. No sneezes, but she's obviously congested.

That was great :D On target with the show. I think Dan Schnider would like it if you sent it to him ;)

Plus a fun little iCarly fact having to do with colds 'n stuff: in "iFight Shelby Marx", in one part, Jennette McCurdy (Sam) had a cold the day of shooting. During a webcast and a school scene. No sneezes, but she's obviously congested.

How do you know? I feel like actors in shows we like should tell everyone when they're sick. Like in the bloopers. :D

How do you know? I feel like actors in shows we like should tell everyone when they're sick. Like in the bloopers. ;)

Dan Schnider's blog, DanWarp. He puts up fun facts about some of the iCarly episodes, and he did then for "iFight Shelby Marx". It's under scene 11, and scene 10 I think.

Link: http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2009/08/icarly...ght-shelby.html

Archived