Sneeze Fetish Forum

One of Those Days (Secret Santa: for mads3rv3r)

ooo

Title: One of Those Days

Author: Me (Lizzie)

Fandom: Supernatural

Disclaimer: Not miiinnnee.

Spoilers: Nothing exciting.

Warnings: Ridiculous levels of sneeziness?

Author Notes: Secret Santa for mads3rv3r. I really really hope you like it! (P.S. I am totally in the middle of writing your other prompt, as well, but it somehow turned itself into this quasi-casefic and is kind of splayed all over my brain at the moment. But, I'll get there eventually, I hope! In the meantime, here is this.)

Prompt:

The sneeziest day of Dean's entire life. This is a day where he's going to need a nap at some point because he's so exhausted from sneezing and blowing his nose. He doesn't spend the day in bed or at the motel, either - he's out and about. Teasing/bitching/fretting/forehead-feeling from Sam are essential.

Happy Christmas in August, everyone!

Dean wakes up sneezing, and it's going to be one of those days.

His success in keeping quiet is sporadic, and it's not long before the half-stifled explosions pull Sam from his bed, groggy and confused.

'What's wrong with you?'

Dean's eyelids flutter, hand coming up to knuckle under his nose.

'hh - HH - xx'RRSHSH!' He manages a shrug, waving his hand, nostrils flaring. 'hhHH - TSCHshhsh!'

He showers sneezing, dresses himself sneezing; can barely button his jeans for holding Kleenex to his face.

'You allergic to something?'

'Dod't doh, Sab. hhHH - Uhh. Ughh.'

Breakfast turns out to be harder than you'd think.

'Cad I hahh - HH'TCHH! have a bacod hh'RRSHHSHH! dabb it, sorry, a bacod...hhh...'

When they split up for morning research, Dean throws scissors and gets stuck with scouring the public library. Privately, Sam thinks it's the safest place for him right now.

Dean's not so sure. It's bad enough being the guy who hangs out looking at death records, without drawing this much attention to himself. As he piles file upon book upon map, he stifles three squelchy sneezes, earns himself an irritated glance from three separate women and even one little kid who can't be older than seven, giving the evil eye from his bright purple beanbag throne.

'hh - ETCHSHshh!' The sneeze catches him by surprise, and it's only a surpreme effort of will that keeps the stack of books from tumbling from his grip.

'Dusty in here,' he remarks, to no one in particular.

He throws the librarian his best cocky grin as he passes, and gets a withering look in return. He stifles another sneeze, clutching tightly at his books, and heads for the table in the furthest corner.

When Sam turns up, Dean's surrounded by open books and sodden tissues. He rubs at his nose, sniffles; pulls out a tissue and blows, bubbling and long.

Sam watches with raised eyebrows. 'What are you doing all the way back here?' he asks, pulling one of Dean's books towards him and glancing over the contents.

'They're very hostile.' Dean frowns, fumbles suddenly for the tissue he's just blown his nose into. 'hh - rrXXrshh!'

'Gross, dude.' Sam catches a glimpse of the pinched-faced librarian, heading straight for Dean's table. 'Uh, time to go.'

As they hurry out the automatic door, Dean blinks at the light, passes Sam the keys with one outstretched hand. The other hand's busy hovering in front of his face, Kleenex at the ready.

'hh - xxZZrrSHSH! Uhh...hhh...'

'What is that, your hundredth sneeze today?'

'xx'RRSHHshh! I...hhh...'

'Three hundred twenty-two...' Sam pretends to count.

'Shut uhhh...'

'Seriously, Dean. You don't look so great.'

Dean pauses, mid-nose-blow.

'Sab, I swear on Jessigca Alba's ass, if you say that wodd bore tibe...'

Around eleven, Dean makes it nearly half an hour without a single sneeze.

Sam glances over, finds Dean rubbing at his nose, eyes watering, nostrils flaring.

'Hey - it's been a while since...'

Dean barely gets time to shoot him a death glare before -

'hh - HH'kk'ETSCHSHH!'

By lunchtime, he's ceased any effort to hold back. The sneezes rip their way through him, harsh, wet, unstoppable; they wrench his body forward until he's trembling with exertion.

Sam frowns. He calls the waitress over.

'Can we get that to go, please?'

Sitting in the car, Dean squints in the sunlight, kneading at his temples.

'Headache?'

'Doh.'

Sam hesitates, timing his moment. Normally Dean would duck, but his eyes are squeezed shut, so he never sees it coming; just feels the giant palm brush his forehead before the sneeze snaps him forward helplessly.

'hhKK'SHHSHOOO!' He straightens, balled-up Kleenex pressed to a dripping nose. 'Aw, Sab.'

'No fever,' Sam muses.

'See, I'b -'

Eyebrows creased together, Sam interrupts him. 'Not yet.'

Sam drags them back to the motel, under the pretense of forgetting some scribbled-down instructions from Bobby. He sorts through his bag, watches out of the corner of his eye as Dean sits heavily on the bed. Dean sits, until he's lying; he lies, until he's somehow snuggled under the covers, pink nose poking out the top.

Sam hesitates. 'You want to stop here for a bit?'

Dean snuffles into the pillow. ''M fide.'

'I can look up some of this stuff on the net...'

''M fide, Sab. Dodn't deed a friggigg dap ligke a three-year-old.'

Within minutes, he's asleep.

Busy with his computer, it takes Sam a while to realize what's different. It's quiet.

He eyes his brother, puffy eyes and red-raw nose, oddly peaceful in his sleep. And even as he watches, Dean's nose twitches: once, twice, his head shifting on the pillow.

'hh - hh'tchshh!'

Dean snuffles, wriggles on the bed and starts to snore.

Sam stares, speechless.

When Dean wakes up, he's tired and irritable. He drags Sam to the nearest coffee house, where a smiling brunette brings them two mugs and a pile of napkins, slid subtly onto Dean's side of the table.

Dean eyes the napkins longingly and picks up his coffee instead, two hands curled around the circumference. Sam watches his nose scrunch, eyes squinting, mug tilting dangerously.

'hhHH - huuhh - uhh. Whew-hoo - hhKK'SHSHshhh!'

Scalding coffee over the bench, his hands, his shirt.

If Sam thinks that after that event they'll be done for the day, the thought doesn't last long. Dean at least admits that interviewing witnesses is going to be counter-productive, but apparently there's nothing to stop them traipsing back to the library, Bobby's notes in hand.

'hh'xxTCHH! - uhh.'

There's a young librarian's assistant watching curiously from behind the desk. Sam offers an apologetic smile, shifts the books on their table so that maybe the word 'Necromancy' isn't so highly visible.

Across the table, Dean fumbles for a Kleenex. Sam watches as he checks all the routine places - jacket pocket, inside pockets, jacket sleeve, finally finds one in the pocket of his jeans. He pulls it out, straightens it; fits it against his face just in time.

'hhHH - ehh - kkZZnnSHSH! Uh. Phew.'

Dean's blowing his nose when a sudden throat-clearing startles them both. It's the assistant, armed with a small box of Kleenex and a shy smile. She slips the box onto the table.

'Hope you feel better soon,' she offers gently, and turns to finish shelving a cart of books.

It takes Dean a few minutes to find the phone number, printed neatly in black marker on the side of the Kleenex box.

'That's a new one,' Sam comments.

Dean grins, clutching the box protectively. 'I've sdtill got it. hhHH -AHHTCHSHshh!'

Papers fly.

Sam begins counting down the hours until the library closes.

Over dinner, Dean honks determinedly into his last Kleenex, eyes Sam over the top of his steepled hands.

'You're - '

'hh HH'ggttSHH!'

Sam sighs, hands over his napkin.

'Okay, bedtime, sneezy.'

Dean waves soggy tissues in Sam's face. 'I'll bedtibe you.'

'Uh-huh.' Dean's face is grey-pale, and when his eyes flutter shut, Sam sneaks a quick palm to his forehead, cups his other hand on the back of Dean's neck. And there's the fever he's been looking for.

'hh HH - hh'GTSHHshhh!' It's rough, messy, caught hastily in the bedcover. Sam turns to find the Kleenex box, and by the time he gets back, Dean's cocooned in blankets, breathing slow and even. Sam hides a smile, tucks the box next to Dean's arm.

'Night, Dean.'

Face buried in the pillow, Dean mumbles something that might be a reply.

Sam brushes his teeth, turns off the lights, crawls into his own bed. Dean getting sick means long days and even longer nights as the fever climbs; he may as well get some rest while he can.

Dean shifts on the bed, rolls over; pulls the covers tighter around his shoulders, starts to snore. Sam sighs, pushes his head deeper into the pillow.

'hh- hh'kktchshh!'

Sam groans.

Dean falls asleep sneezing, and it's going to be one of those nights.

When they split up for morning research, Dean throws scissors and gets stuck with scouring the public library. Privately, Sam thinks it's the safest place for him right now.

I adore your wording throughout this- especially 'Dean throws scissors'. And then the little boy giving the evil eye from his beanbag chair throne. Mmmm. So lovely. Such great writing.

Plus, Dean taking a nap is just the friggen' cutest thing ever.

:wub:

This is basically the hottest thing ever, just so you know!

I really like how you came full sneezy circle with the first and last lines, haha. The only thing that could possibly make this even better were if there was a story about Dean's second sneezy day! I see you're writing another fic, though!? Somewhat of a casefic? Be still my heart! I loooove casefics.

By lunchtime, he's ceased any effort to hold back. The sneezes rip their way through him, harsh, wet, unstoppable; they wrench his body forward until he's trembling with exertion.
Sam hesitates, timing his moment. Normally Dean would duck, but his eyes are squeezed shut, so he never sees it coming; just feels the giant palm brush his forehead before the sneeze snaps him forward helplessly.
It takes Dean a few minutes to find the phone number, printed neatly in black marker on the side of the Kleenex box.
'Okay, bedtime, sneezy.'

'Uh-huh.' Dean's face is grey-pale, and when his eyes flutter shut, Sam sneaks a quick palm to his forehead, cups his other hand on the back of Dean's neck. And there's the fever he's been looking for.

'hh HH - hh'GTSHHshhh!' It's rough, messy, caught hastily in the bedcover. Sam turns to find the Kleenex box, and by the time he gets back, Dean's cocooned in blankets, breathing slow and even. Sam hides a smile, tucks the box next to Dean's arm.

^ Favorite parts.

But I LOVED EVERY WORD.

Awesome job!

:):D:):D:D;):heart:

WHOA SNAP.

I…you… WOW.

I can hardly make coherent sentences. Not that anything I say makes sense ever. But. Wow. I liked it. A lot. A whole lot. But mostly, I liked: Bright purple beanbag throne. Hostile library-goers. Sam pretending to count (three hundred twenty two!). THE NAP. The phone number on the Kleenex box. Your uber hot sneeze spellings. Ridiculous levels of sneeziness. EVERYTHING.

AND WAIT WHY IS THAT THE END??? DEAN WENT TO BED SNEEZING AND WITH A FEVER SILLY!! THAT MEANS THERE SHOULD BE MORE!

(The second sneeziest day, perhaps?)

This Christmas in August deal is the best thing to happen to me all summer! (When I say it like that I feel like I have no life…)

And I too am excited at the mention of you writing more fic!! YAY CASEFIC!

Well ... an accurate description might be: THAT WAS HOT!!

:D Thank you! So glad you thought so.

Ooooh, lovelovelove. Very hot. <3

Thank you so much! I'm really glad you liked it.

I adore your wording throughout this- especially 'Dean throws scissors'. And then the little boy giving the evil eye from his beanbag chair throne. Mmmm. So lovely. Such great writing.

Plus, Dean taking a nap is just the friggen' cutest thing ever.

:heart:

You're so lovely. :heart: And haha, you picked the one line in that fic that I rewrote, like, eight thousand times. Yay that it finally came out right! I'm so glad you liked this, I'm all smiley-happy now - thank you so much.

Poor Dean. He's trying so hard to be tough, and he's just failing.

And poor Sam, for putting up with him!

Hehe, I love Dean trying to be tough but failing. It's just so much fun! Thanks for commenting :) I'm really glad you liked it.

This is basically the hottest thing ever, just so you know!

I really like how you came full sneezy circle with the first and last lines, haha. The only thing that could possibly make this even better were if there was a story about Dean's second sneezy day! I see you're writing another fic, though!? Somewhat of a casefic? Be still my heart! I loooove casefics.

:blushing: Thank you! And hee, full sneezy circle! You're so awesome.

His second sneezy day! I think this particular fic is finished for me, sorry, but you're totally free to imagine whatever you want :D And hee, yes, the somewhat-casefic. It's actually more just that the story has some semblance of a plot beyond Dean being pathetically sick, haha. ANYWAY that's enough rambling from me - thank you for taking the time to comment! :heart:

I LOVED THE STORY! please keep writing.

Thank you! I'm really glad you liked it. And don't worry - writing is pretty much my drug, I don't think I could ever give it up!

Aww, poor sneezy!Dean. :cryhappy: I really enjoyed this quite a lot! :D

Thank you so much! So glad you liked it.

'Okay, bedtime, sneezy.'

^ Favorite parts.

But I LOVED EVERY WORD.

Awesome job!

Thank you so much! It's awesome that you took the time to tell me your favourite parts. I'm really glad you liked this :)

Aah! So good!! The sleeping one was adorable. And the library bit was funny and cute!!

Love love love. And your spellings!!

:heart: :heart:

Thank you so much! Spellings are always kind of trial-and-error for me so it's lovely when people comment on them :heart:

WHOA SNAP.

I…you… WOW.

I can hardly make coherent sentences. Not that anything I say makes sense ever. But. Wow. I liked it. A lot. A whole lot. But mostly, I liked: Bright purple beanbag throne. Hostile library-goers. Sam pretending to count (three hundred twenty two!). THE NAP. The phone number on the Kleenex box. Your uber hot sneeze spellings. Ridiculous levels of sneeziness. EVERYTHING.

AND WAIT WHY IS THAT THE END??? DEAN WENT TO BED SNEEZING AND WITH A FEVER SILLY!! THAT MEANS THERE SHOULD BE MORE!

(The second sneeziest day, perhaps?)

This Christmas in August deal is the best thing to happen to me all summer! (When I say it like that I feel like I have no life…)

And I too am excited at the mention of you writing more fic!! YAY CASEFIC!

:blushing: Thank you!! I love your comments, they always make me smile. Thanks for all the detailed feedback :heart:

And um, you know, I never say never (like the Energizer bunny! Or is that something else?) to continuation requests because who knows when an idea will eat my brain, but I'm pretty sure this one's finished for me. Sorry! You can totally use your brilliant imagination to create many lovely days of deliciousness, though ;) And, haha, that not-really-a-casefic. Such a mess of words right now - but I am going to pass my mid-semester exams (yes I am!) and then I am going to get it sorted out. *is motivated*

YAY that you're enjoying Christmas in August! I'm so thrilled everyone's having as much fun with it as I am :heart:

Oh and PS - I love your signature at the moment :D

I don't... even... there was so... :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

How did you manage to find SO MUCH CUTENESS and SO MUCH HOTNESS and put them together into this NEAT NEAT SHINY POLISHED GLIMMERY GLEAMING AMAZING WINNING package?

This is maybe going to be a weird compliment but usually it's the sneeze spellings that send me over the edge but you DESCRIBE the sneezes and the nose-blowing SO WELL. Like you chose exactly the right words to really really evoke images and sounds and yes. I don't know, I've never seen that done so well as here. :heart:

The scenes you chose... the full-circle-ness... Sam's amazing amazing awesomeness with the sneaky forehead feels and the tolerance for "must do work" Dean and OMG Dean sitting down which gradually led to Dean falling asleep all snuggled up in bed with his little red nose poking out being all, congestedly, "Geez Sam, as if I would need a nap, what's your problem," and OMG THE BOX OF KLEENEX WITH THE PHONE NUMBER ON IT :heart: :heart: annnnnd, no there were so many parts.... ack, the whole thing is one big good part.

AND YOU'RE TAKING THE OTHER ONE TOO MAYBE? AGHGHHGHGHHH.

*breathes*

And the scenes, like there were so many tidbits that leave so much open to the imagination, too. So many blanks to fill in. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Thank you times sixty-three!

Erm...ok, so I'd like to find the words to praise the awesomeness of your writing and this fic, but somehow I seem to have run out, sorry! So for now I'll just say that this is amazing and full of such lovely little expressions and turns of phrase, as well as all the sneezy goodness of course!

So, yeah, sorry for my useless non-comment! Just didn't want to read without commenting at all... No doubt will be re-reading this soon, and hopefully I'll manage to be a bit more coherent next time! XD

Loving the Secret Santa oh so very much, thank youuuu!!

E x

I don't... even... there was so... :lmao::lol: :lol: :lol::heart:

How did you manage to find SO MUCH CUTENESS and SO MUCH HOTNESS and put them together into this NEAT NEAT SHINY POLISHED GLIMMERY GLEAMING AMAZING WINNING package?

This is maybe going to be a weird compliment but usually it's the sneeze spellings that send me over the edge but you DESCRIBE the sneezes and the nose-blowing SO WELL. Like you chose exactly the right words to really really evoke images and sounds and yes. I don't know, I've never seen that done so well as here. :heart:

The scenes you chose... the full-circle-ness... Sam's amazing amazing awesomeness with the sneaky forehead feels and the tolerance for "must do work" Dean and OMG Dean sitting down which gradually led to Dean falling asleep all snuggled up in bed with his little red nose poking out being all, congestedly, "Geez Sam, as if I would need a nap, what's your problem," and OMG THE BOX OF KLEENEX WITH THE PHONE NUMBER ON IT :heart: :heart: annnnnd, no there were so many parts.... ack, the whole thing is one big good part.

AND YOU'RE TAKING THE OTHER ONE TOO MAYBE? AGHGHHGHGHHH.

*breathes*

And the scenes, like there were so many tidbits that leave so much open to the imagination, too. So many blanks to fill in. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Thank you times sixty-three!

Do you know how happy you make me? I feel like I can't tell you enough. :heart:

I read this comment and spent the next half hour dancing around my kitchen and beaming like I'd had plastic surgery to fix my mouth that way. Seriously. It's lucky I'm living alone for a couple of weeks!

That's not a weird compliment at all and actually a really lovely thing to say, thank you! ;) I totally agree with you on the sneeze spellings usually being the most button-pushing part, but I do have a lot of fun with all the delicious sneezy words there are out there. And hee, the phone-number-Kleenex box! That was totally a last-minute addition but possibly my favourite part, in the end. Thank you so much for letting me know you liked all those things :laugh: I'm so ridiculously thrilled that you were happy with it!

In conclusion: You're welcome times six billion, and thank you thank you for leaving me such an awesome comment. I've had such a wonderful time Secret Santa-ing for you! You're amazing.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Ummm.....this was full of drool-worthy moments. Simply adorable!

:D Thank you! I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Erm...ok, so I'd like to find the words to praise the awesomeness of your writing and this fic, but somehow I seem to have run out, sorry! So for now I'll just say that this is amazing and full of such lovely little expressions and turns of phrase, as well as all the sneezy goodness of course!

So, yeah, sorry for my useless non-comment! Just didn't want to read without commenting at all... No doubt will be re-reading this soon, and hopefully I'll manage to be a bit more coherent next time! XD

Loving the Secret Santa oh so very much, thank youuuu!!

E x

Thank you so much! You're awesome to take the time to leave me such a lovely (and not at all useless) comment :heart:

Archived