Sneeze Fetish Forum

Hayfever in March? (F/F) (Secret Santa for: saulasneezes) - (3 Parts)

High on Lullabies

Huge thanks to Sigrith for beta-reading this for me and giving me plenty of encouragement along the way. Hope you like it, saula!

Prompt: A girl takes her girlfriend on a ski trip (or anything else, just an example) for the weekend but all she can do is sneeze when they get there. They try to figure out what she's allergic to.

If you want, I'd love the girls to be named Kara and Paula =]

Kara and Paula decide to go skiing for their first holiday together, during one of the warmest March's on record. Allergic Kara wonders if she should take her medication with her, but Paula talks her out of it. After all, whoever heard of hayfever in March?

Two days in to their holiday and it seemed Paula's completely unfounded promise was being pretty much vindicated. The girls had settled into their sparse but comfortable room and had their first skiing lesson. During which they'd both found out the hard way that it wasn't something that exactly came naturally to them. But thankfully they had a very patient (and very attractive, as Paula commented) French instructor called Dominique who managed to make it still seem like they were having fun and making progress even when getting a face full of snow for the umpteenth time!

Throughout this Kara's allergies had been pretty much incognito. She'd felt a nagging sensation like a faint, feathery tickle at the back of her nose when they were outside the area around the chalet, but as soon as they got a little way up the mountain it melted away with the ever-decreasing snowpack.

This lack of allergic activity had frustrated Paula. While she didn't delight in seeing her girlfriend suffer at the hands of her hayfever, which in mid-summer was often brutal, she couldn't deny the spark of excitement that went through her everytime they went somewhere that might invoke the Mr. Hyde-like-beast that was Kara's sneeze. Indeed they often joked about Kara's nose being a Jeykll-and-Hyde character; small and upturned at the base, with a definite curve to the bridge. It fitted well with her petite, slight frame and round face, both of which heightened the contrast to her sneezes which were almost always powerful, body-bending releases, which more often than not they came in fits preceded by long, tortuous build-ups.

With no skiing lesson today, Kara and Paula were free to do as they pleased. They watched the number of people heading up the lifts to the mountain and decided, despite Dominique's unflinching praise and encouragement; they couldn't face tackling the slopes alone just yet.

"So what do you want to do then?" asked Kara, flopping down beside Paula on their bed.

"I don't really mind, hun. But we could explore the area around the chalet if you want. Apparently there's a waterfall a couple of miles away that sounds beautiful"

"Okay, sounds like a plan to me" Kara smiled, "I'll just get some stuff together and we'll go."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The path to the waterfall was easy to find and the girls spent a couple of hours enjoying the sun, laid out on an exposed rock face and letting the sound (and a little of the spray) from the roaring water wash over them. Ever since they'd arrived the faint, feathery tickle at the back of Kara's nose had got a little bit stronger. She couldn't work out why but the occasional rub and pinch of her nose seemed to decrease its intensity so she didn't let it concern her.

As they got up to leave Paula said:

"Darling, would you mind waiting here a minute? I'll be right back!"

Kara watched as Paula headed over to a nearby bush and carefully parted the foliage, edging herself inside until she completely disappeared from view. She emerged again a couple of minutes later looking slightly worse for wear with several of the small leaves and petals hanging from her clothes, and also attached to her tangled long, blonde hair.

Kara couldn't help but giggle as Paula detached herself from the various parts of the plant she'd unwittingly collected.

"You know hon," she said "There's probably not a soul around for miles, I don't think you needed to make quite that good friends with the bush just to go pee!"

Paula blushed. "Maaaaybe..." She said sheepishly and they both laughed.

They started back to the chalet, deciding to go back a different way than they'd come. As they walked hand-in-hand along the path, Kara found the tickling at the back of her nose becoming ever more intense and what was worse it was spreading slowly down her nostrils. Her eyes began to itch in the corners and she rubbed at them instinctively, despite knowing it wouldn't help and then the roof of her mouth took its cue from her eyes and nose. She tried rubbing at and pinching her nose as she had before, but where relief had been before, there was now none. Kara snuffled uncomfortably, feeling stuffed up and irritated.

The congested sound made Paula look over at her partner. Kara's face showed little sign of the allergic fire that was now burning inside her.

"Are you alright, hun?" Paula asked, hoping her concerned tone would hide the excitement she was feeling inside.

"Y-yes" The response was uncertain, as if Kara was unsure whether her voice would betray the burgeoning reaction in her body.

"Are you sure? You sound a bit..."

"I said I'm fine!" Kara snapped

"O..kay" Paula let the word hang there, slightly shocked at her girlfriend's burst of anger.

They walked on in silence, punctuated only by Kara's ever more pronounced and frequent snuffling. The pieces of her allergic puzzle were almost all in place and the solution about to reveal itself. The tickling had now enveloped her whole nose, and she could feel pressure building in her sinuses. Her breath caught in her chest as a stronger wave of irritation flowed through her nostrils. She let go Paula's hand and managed to get out through staccato breaths, eight words that sounded like the sweetest melody imaginable to her lover's ears.

"Heh-Hang on, I-uh-think I ha-have to snuh-sneh-sneeze."

Paula turned and watched; Kara stood motionless a couple of feet away from her. Lips parted just a little, eyes flickering, allergic tears just starting to flow, and her nose...her nose twitched like it had just suffered an electric shock. Her nostrils flaring as the rapidfire rhythm of her breathing got deeper.

"heh...heeeh...huhhh..."

She raised both hands to her face as her eyes closed fully and head tipped back, brown ponytail swaying gently behind her. One last breath...

"HAHTISHOOO!"

Kara's body sprang forward, her hair whipping over her head to almost touch the ground as her torso bent in half. She reared back again almost instantly and her lungs drew in another great gulp of mountain air.

"HEHTISHOOO!"

She straightened up again, standing tense with streaming eyes and mouth half-open, hands just below her head, anticipating further sneezes. Paula could do nothing but simply stare at the sight before her, no matter how many times she had seen Kara sneeze before, she never failed to be entranced with its beauty and power. The hands came up again as Kara submitted herself to an enormous double.

"HAHTISHOO! HERSHOOO!"

She straightened up once more, feeling the pressure finally dissipate a little, and sniffled experimentally, trying to determine by the reaction of her nasal passages if another fit was imminent. She turned to Paula, but didn't smile at her as she normally did.

"I bet you're enjoying this, aren't you?" she said coldly.

"Kara, I..." Paula began, desperately trying to gather her thoughts having been snapped so quickly out of sexually charged bliss.

"No need to explain" Kara continued bitterly "I know this is exactly what you had in mind when you told me not to bring my-m" she stopped in mid-sentence, losing her words as the tickling in her nose reached another devastating peak.

"heh...my m-uh...huh" she tried again. She was determined to get the words out before she had to sneeze and was also smiling inside, knowing trying to talk through her build-up would be driving Paula absolutely wild. She swallowed hard and managed to get her breathing under control and somehow ignore the overwhelming desire to submit.

"My meds." She finished triumphantly and with that let go. The build-up returned more rapidly and violently this time, her allergy punishing her for daring to resist it.

"ha-haah-HEH...HEHISHOO! HATISHOO! HERESHOO! EHTCHOO!"

Four more huge sneezes exploded out of her, each raking her throat raw. She made no attempt to cover them this time, fully embracing each bone-jarring release.

Her eyes and nose were now streaming, her throat stung when she breathed in, the roof of her mouth was on fire, her sinuses felt like they were about to burst and every inhalation seemed like the pre-cursor to another enormous sneezing fit.

She was in the middle of one of the most intense allergy attacks of her life, had no idea what was making her suffer and above all, the person who was supposed to love and care for her more than anyone else, had deliberately denied her only chance of relief for her own sexual gratification. "How could she do this to me?" she thought. Distraught at her girlfriend's betrayal and ravaged by an unknown enemy, she did the only thing she could think of and ran; somehow staying on her feet despite being hardly able to see through the tears.

"Kara!" Paula called after her, shock turning to despair as she watched her lover disappear from view, "I'm sorry", she said more quietly. As if in answer she heard the familiar sound of a volley of sneezes in the distance which rolled around the silent valley like a far off thunderstorm. Paula wiped away a scattering of her own tears and slowly started to head in the direction of the sound.

~TBC~

Aww thanks so much guys! :) So glad you like it so far :).

Anyway, here's part two. I will warn you now there is no sneezing in this part! ;) I'm sorry about that, there is a lot of fetishy talk and backstory nonsense though. But enough waffling from me, here goes!

Part 2

Paula had been standing outside the door to their room for at least ten minutes. She'd put her hand on the handle more times than she could remember but couldn't bring herself to open it. A maelstrom of emotions and questions spun around her head.

Would Kara even be inside? If she was would she still be mad at her? Did she really mean what she'd said earlier and if so what was going to happen to their relationship?

She was also amazed and angry that Kara would even think she might have deliberately advised against her bringing any anti-histamine with her. "I really thought we were past all that" she said quietly, her throat tightening as a tender memory flooded her mind.

One month earlier

"Hii...heh...huh..ow!"

Kara nervously tried to embrace the hitching of her breath before all thoughts of sneezing were suddenly banished by a stab of pain in her right nostril. The hand under her nose quickly withdrew, and with it a long, thin plastic clothes tag.

"Sorry love" Paula sighed and gently kissed the tip of her girlfriend's nose.

"It's no good" Kara said "I'm sorry honey; I'm just not a sneezy person."

They'd been together 3 months, having met in October at a friend's birthday, where they got drunk together on wine at the kitchen table and ended up kissing each other goodnight and vowing to meet up again in a more private and intimate setting. They studied at different universities, about 2 hours apart so could usually only see each other on weekends and holidays.

Now, it was the last weekend of the Christmas break and they were in Kara's dorm room, Paula leaning back against the wall and Kara lying supine on the bed with her head resting on Paula's legs. Paula had been trying to make her sneeze for the past half-hour, Kara finally agreeing to allow her to attempt this after several weeks of protest and insistence that she "just didn't sneeze". Much to Paula's frustration, her girlfriend seemed to be right. Every weapon in her sneeze-inducing arsenal had been tried without success. They'd started with pepper, but all that had done was burn and itch and meant poor Kara had to blow her nose constantly for several minutes to get it to stop. Next had been a feather which created a really annoying tickle making Kara wish fervently she would sneeze, but not actually pushing her nose far enough for her to do so. Finally came the clothes tag, which made her breath hitch and her nostrils twitch but still wasn't enough to cause her to figuratively blow the house down. Plus Paula's fingers had become none too nimble in her excited and nervous state so she was frequently catching the sensitive inside of Kara's nose in a painful manner.

"I can't believe I'm never going to get to see you sneeze" Paula said sadly.

Kara couldn't bear to see her lover looking so dismayed and forlorn, so she decided the time for honesty had come.

"Let me tell you a story" she said, "It's something I haven't told anyone about since it happened. But I love and I trust you, so I'll tell you. Just...promise me something first."

"Anything, darling"

"Promise me you'll never use this against me or for your own pleasure"

"I don't even know what 'this' is!" Paula giggled.

Kara didn't laugh. She reached up and put her hand on Paula's shoulder so she was looking right into her eyes.

"I'm serious, love" she said "Promise me".

"Alright, I promise never to use this against you or for my own pleasure."

"Thank you" Kara squeezed the shoulder and let go, took a deep breath and then began.

"I actually sneeze a lot more than you might think. The main reason you haven't seen me yet is because it's still winter. I'm not a naturally sneezy person anyway and I've learnt to stop myself in most situations, even when I have a cold. But..." she paused for a minute, still not quite sure whether she wanted to reveal this.

"Take your time, love" Paula said with a reassuring smile "I can see this isn't easy for you."

Kara smiled back uneasily, but made up her mind to continue.

"I have terrible hayfever" she said. Paula's heart leapt as the last word left her girlfriend's lips, but she managed to keep her exterior calm. "I'm allergic to most types of plants, some are worse than others but every year around April, when it starts getting warm, my nose starts tickling. Then it spreads to my eyes and the roof of my mouth and even the inside of my ears when it gets really bad."

Paula shifted uncomfortably feeling a growing ache between her legs as Kara spoke.

"My nose and sinuses flood and then I start to sneeze; big and powerful sneezes that really don't suit me at all, I hate them..."

"But why not tell me this before?" Paula interrupted; trying to break the growing sexual excitement she was feeling "I mean lots of people have allergies, right?"

Angst crossed Kara's face again.

"Sorry" Paula said quickly "You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to."

"It's okay. I've come this far, you need to hear the rest. Before I met you, I was in a relationship with a guy called Jake. He was a total sweetheart at first and helped me out of a really tough situation, money stuff, you know. I couldn't afford a place of my own with the job I was doing then, so I ended up moving in with him. He was one of these guys who expected everything around the house to be done for him, and initially I was okay with that. He was bringing in most of the money and I owed him anyway. But then he lost his job, so I had to take on much longer hours and he still refused to lift a finger at home. It wasn't long before I put my foot down told him he could do his own damn housework! Then it started." Kara could feel emotion writhing inside her as she recounted the story. "It was small things at first, like refusing to move when I wanted to clean or little things of mine disappearing, but I didn't think much of it. Then one day it was just coming in to summer and I noticed my anti-histamines were missing. I asked Jake if he knew where they were but he said he didn't have a clue. So I ended up having to go to work without them and the pollen was really high that day and no matter what I did I just couldn't stop sneezing." Tears pricked the back of her eyes "It was so embarrassing, I'd never sneezed like that before, particularly not with so many people around and then when I finally got home..." she sniffled; the lump growing in her throat "He'd filled the house with flowers. As soon as I opened the door I felt a wave of summer garden sweetness wash over me. I could almost see it, the air was so thick." Her voice started breaking and tears sprang from her eyes.

"My...allergies just went insane; I honestly thought my head was going to explode. Everything...eyes, mouth and nose just burned...and...he was just standing there holding up a small box. Even though I could hardly see I knew...what it was. He said 'If you want these, you know what you have to do!'". Kara's body shook gently, symmetrical streams now rolling down her cheeks. "I tried...tried so hard to resist but I couldn't...just couldn't. I could hardly breathe I was sneezing so much and...my whole face was on fire. So I...gave in." The last vestiges of Kara's resistance broke and she began to sob uncontrollably. Paula was beside her in an instant, hugging her tightly. The body in her arms went limp, fully embracing the outpouring of emotion.

"Oh god Kara, that sounds horrific, I can't believe he did that to you." Paula said quietly, kissing her on the head. "But...why did you even stay? Why not run as soon as you realised what he'd done?

"

"I don't know!" came the wailed reply. Paula tightened her embrace and neither of them spoke for a while.

Eventually Kara got her crying under control and looked up at her girlfriend with red-rimmed eyes. "I stayed" she said, her voice still wavering "because I had nowhere else to go and I just didn't want to let him win, to allow him to control me. But by the time I realised I couldn't do it, it was...too late."

Paula kissed her forehead.

"I'll never let myself be used like that again." Kara said with new found steel.

"As long as you're with me, that won't happen." Paula assured her quickly "You mean so much more to me than that."

"You mean so much more to me than that." Paula repeated to herself, "and I will convince you yet." Renewed determination filled her and she turned the handle.

~TBC~

God, that's so sad...!

And not sad as in "memorising the names of every Pokemon Gym Leader" (don't look at me...), sad as in Toy Story 3 sad. Sad and sexy. Ahem.

But seriously, you write so well. Fantastic character development, great descriptions, awesome emotions.

I am in AWE.

Aww, that part just broke my heart. Beautiful story, great character development and sweet love story. And hot, too! :(

Oh, poor Kara! :laugh: I really like how much thought you've put into the backstory of their relationship, and I'm really interested to see where you're going with it from here!

Wow, thank you so much everyone :laugh: Really glad everyone is enjoying so far. Sorry I haven't been able to update for a while, I've been on holiday (as you might know). But Part 3 is in production right now and I should have more time now I'm back so watch this space! :yes:

As promised here is Part 3, hope you enjoy it! >:D

Part 3

The door opened slowly. Paula stepped tentatively into silence. Late afternoon sunshine had painted the room golden and dust motes danced where the rays fell. Paula looked across the room to the bed where Kara lay sleeping. Determined not to disturb her, Paula stripped off where she stood, throwing her sweater over a nearby chair, the rest of her clothes in their laundry pile and headed off to shower.

When she was done she padded over to the bed and heard her girlfriend’s gentle snoring, a legacy of her earlier allergy attack. She paused for a moment and couldn’t help but smile; Kara was at her most adorable when she was asleep. Sat on the other side of the bed, listening to the steady and comforting rhythm behind her, she debated what to do. “Do I show her how angry I am for being accused of being no better than Jake?” she thought “Maybe I should be compassionate and show her I really do care? Or could I simply pretend nothing ever happened? What to do, what to do….?”

She was disturbed from her musings by a rustling noise behind her and she turned to see Kara rolling over in the bed to face her. Paula froze, watching her carefully to see if she’d wake and shivering a little as the water on her skin evaporated. Her nose began to tickle and she shivered again, more violently this time.

“Why am I so cold suddenly?” she thought, and looked up. A blast of cold air from the A/C unit above enveloped her head, freezing her still wet hair and causing the sensation in her nose to expand. Knowing a full blown sneeze was sure to wake Kara, she pinched her nostrils closed, determined to stifle whatever might come out. She twisted her nose gently with her hand, trying to soothe the cold-induced urge, but it only seemed to make her want to sneeze all the more as the insides of her nostrils rubbed against each other. The tickling quickly reached its zenith and cold coated her lungs as she inhaled deeply.

“Heh-mmph! Het-umph! HET-mph-sh!” Each element of the triple was more difficult to silence as it progressed. Kara shifted in her sleep, “mmm, bless you love” she mumbled but didn’t wake. Despite not allowing herself to sneeze properly, the sensation in Paula’s nose calmed and she released it from the vice-grip. She gently tried some experimental breaths and, with no further explosions seeming imminent, began to work her way off the bed to find some clothes. She crawled over the soft duvet, constantly checking behind her to make sure Kara was still in dreamland. About half-way across she was drenched in cold once more; a swift breath from the A/C unit danced over her bare back and her skin exploded into goosebumps. A huge shudder vibrated up and down her spine and the tickling flared in her nose more strongly than before.

”Stifle! Stifle!” her mind urged, but her frozen body failed to respond and two huge sneezes tore through the silent room.

“Hehshoo! Hachoo!”

Paula sighed as relief swept through her nostrils and, not hearing anything, continued to make her way off the bed. She’d just reached the edge when a sleepy voice came from behind her:

“Paula?”

She froze once more, all the composure she’d worked so hard to build vanishing instantly. A huge part of her didn’t want to turn round; too afraid of what she might be about to hear. ”Come on.” she assured herself ”You can do this. No-one ever made love work by running away.”. Taking a deep breath, she arranged her face into as plain and controlled expression as she could and turned to face her lover.

“Heya” she said, wishing she could get the unsteadiness out of her voice. Kara stretched and yawned hugely.

“Hey” she said, and smiled.

Paula stared dumb at her for a second, trying to process what she’d just seen.

“Kar..”

“Pau..”

They began, stopped and smiled at each other. An awkward silence followed both of them too keen to give the other the chance to speak first. Imbued with courage from Kara’s apparent positive reaction to seeing her, Paula started:

“Kara, I’m sorry…” trailing off as she then tried to work out what she was actually apologising for.

“Paula” Kara said “you have nothing to be sorry for, I never should have accused you of trying to take advantage of me. I was just…really hoping that we could enjoy this holiday together with no ‘interruptions’. Then it happened and because you’d promised me it would be okay and I knew what me sneezing meant to you, something in my mind just screamed that it was like Jake all over again. I knew deep down that it wasn’t, but I was angry and the attack was intense, so I just went along with it. Please forgive me.”

Paula just about managed to resist the temptation to launch herself across the bed and hug Kara as tightly as she could.

“I do and I love you, it’s just that…” she paused choosing, her words carefully. “I feel... I almost have to deny part of who I am to be with you. Ever since you told me what happened with you and Jake, I’ve basically avoided the topic of sneezing wherever I can for fear of hurting you and now it seems I’m managing to do that anyway.” She looked at her then; staring into eyes still bloodshot from their earlier allergic encounter.

“I can’t go on waiting forever” she continued, emotion gripping her voice. “I know that sounds selfish and I’m sorry, but to me, love means being able to share everything you are with someone and right now I don’t know if I can do that.” Tears welled up in her eyes and she snuffled thickly to try and keep them back, looking at the floor.

“Well”, Kara said slowly, “maybe it would help…to explore with you a little.” She took one of Paula’s hands in her own and squeezed it “I have wanted to, you know, since that time I told you about Jake and…gosh, darling you’re *freezing*!” Kara suddenly realised the hand she was holding felt more like ice than flesh. “Get under the covers and I’ll help warm you up” she said, tugging her lover’s arm gently. Stiff from the cold and still more than a little unsure, Paula slowed obeyed; the wet towel left behind on the bed. She slid under the duvet, an almost painful, fiery sensation coating her skin as it disappeared under the soft fabric. Kara slipped her arms around her girlfriend’s slender frame and pressed their bodies close, enjoying the fruity scent of Paula’s just-washed hair.

“How’s that?” she whispered.

Paula kissed her for an answer, then immediately thought she shouldn’t have. She knew she should be tempering joy; things would probably just carry on as they were if she didn’t, but right then it didn’t matter. She closed her eyes and savoured the moment.

“Paula…” Kara’s voice sounded softly in her ear once more. Eyes still closed she turned her head and instinctively found her lover’s mouth, kissing her quiet.

“For a while today” she said, “I wasn’t sure I’d ever get to feel this again, so please, just let me have this moment.”

The embrace around her tightened significantly as she finished this statement and she felt the gentle, tickling touch of Kara’s hair against her shoulder and neck.

“I know you’re not him”, Kara’s voice was slightly muffled, “and I’m not going to try and make up for not leaving him when I should have done by doing it to you. You don’t need to worry about that.”

Paula tried to turn and kiss her on the head, still without opening her eyes but instead ended up with a lock of Kara’s hair inserting itself deep into one of her nostrils. An intense tickle immediately formed as the soft strands stroked the inside of her nose. She shrank back quickly but the damage was already done. She tried to stammer out a warning through the rapidly building sneeze.

“Kuh..Kara, I’m-eh…heh…Hehchoo!”

Kara heard the noise above and her head and the back of her neck were immediately coated by a fine mist, like the spray from standing at the base of a waterfall. She shuddered slightly but said nothing, keeping her face buried in Paula’s neck.

“Oh darling, I’m so sorry. I promise I didn’t mean for that to happen, I was trying to kiss you and some of you hair went up my nose and I just couldn’t help it.” Paula couldn’t seem to get the apology out fast enough, embarrassment and fear for how Kara would react taking control of her mouth.

“It’s okay.” Kara said, then looked up at her and smiled at the deep shade of scarlet now engulfing her girlfriend’s face. “I didn’t mind. I guess in a strange sort of way it was…quite nice, like stepping out into a misty morning or something. Though I have to say when you talked earlier about sharing everything you were with me, I didn’t think this was what you had in mind!”

Paula blushed even more, but smiled back.

“I guess maybe it’s even shown me a little of why you find it sexy…” Kara went on, “and I did mean what I said before about wanting to share more of this with you.”

Paula looked about ready to burst with excitement.

“I don’t know if I’ll be comfortable with it.” Kara cautioned her “but I want to try at least.”

Paula kissed her; long and slow.

“Thank you, this means an awful lot to me.”

Neither of them spoke again. Both digesting everything that has happened and enjoying the warmth of each other’s embrace.

“So…what do you want to try?” Paula asked after a while. “I mean I tried all the usual methods of making someone sneeze on you before and you managed to resist them all!”

Kara thought for a moment.

“Well” she said, pausing for another huge yawn “I did have one idea. It’s related to what happened earlier.”

Paula stroked her hair; a wordless encouragement.

“It’s been a long time since I had an attack as bad as that, and never this early in the year. I want to know what did that to me. So if you can gather some possible plants…I’ll let you test them on me.”

Paula looked at her, a little unsure.

“Okay”, she said slowly, “If you’re sure that’s what you want I’ll do my best. Though I don’t even know where I’d start looking!”

Kara smiled, “I’ll let you work that out for yourself. I never said I was going to make this easy for you!”

Paula made a sour face at her.

“Oh come now, love! It can’t be that hard. Why not try the path we walked earlier? It must be along there somewhere!”

Kara disentangled herself from her lover’s arms and pushed gently at her.

“Go on then, off you go. It’ll be getting dark pretty soon anyway.”

“Okay…” Paula thought Kara seemed to be embracing this new found desire a little too readily. “What are you going to do while I’m gone?”

“More sleep, of course!”

“I should have known…” Paula said and they shared a laugh.

She threw on some simple clothes then leaned over Kara and kissed her full and deep.

“See you later, I love you.”

“I love you too, happy hunting!”

Kara watched her go then turned over and stared intently at the ceiling, her mind whirling:

“Do I really want to do this? Am I sure I’m ready? How do I know I’m doing this for me and I’m not just being used again?”

She closed her eyes but sleep refused to take her; refused to let her escape the doubts and medley of excitement and dread she was feeling over her girlfriend’s return. She tossed and turned for what seemed like hours, frustrated as the same questions and memories danced though her head continually.

Sleep did come eventually, but the relief she craved did not come with it.

Archived