Sneeze Fetish Forum

Secret Santa for Grey on a Sunday! - (5 Parts)

Evergreen

((this is for grey on a sunday.

prompt: George catches a cold and is miserable at work.

hope you like it))

part 1

Sickness. It was something that George O’Malley was quite familiar with. He dealt with sick people day after day. He knew how to diagnose and treat patients. He knew what to say to make them feel better. Hell, he knew just how to put his own nerves about a surgery at ease, but what he did not know how to do was to be sick himself. The last time he’d been sick like this had been years ago with his mom there to take care of him. Besides a couple awful hangovers, George had been healthy as a horse. That is, until today. Perhaps it had been the stress of studying for his intern exam again or maybe it had been the fact that crisis after crisis continued to happen at Seattle Grace and he, as the chief’s intern, was required to deal with each one as they came. Whatever the reason, two days after finding out he was no longer an intern and had passed to become a resident, his body seemed to give out, demanding the attention it had powered on without for weeks.

Now, for almost all other professions it was perfectly reasonable to call in sick and spend a few days curled up beneath the covers with a bowl of chicken noodle soup, but surgery was a peculiar animal of sorts, and it did not take kindly to being ignored. Surgeons were supposed to be badass and tough, able to withstand many things, including surgery and, unfortunately for him, including the flu that was going around.

“Hih’ehuhtsch’SCHOO,” he sneezed messily for the millionth time that day, gripping the sides of the sink as he supported himself, his body jerking down with the power of another sneeze. “UH’hutsch’uhhh.” Wrinkling his nose in distaste at the clearly visible spit on the surface of the sink, he walked wearily to a stall in the bathroom, getting out a fistful of toilet paper and emptying his nose into them until the crumbly paper was all but falling apart.

Moaning deep within his throat as his beeper sounded 911 to the pit, he sucked in a deep breath through his mouth, which he let out in harsh, congested coughs as he set off, trying to ignore how the room seemed to swim and how his head pounded deep behind his eyes. Scrubbing an eye with his fisted knuckle, he nodded a hello to the nurse who greeted him on his way down, his throat prickling painfully. Talking was not going to help that.

By the time he got to the pit, his forehead was drenched in a light sheen of sweat, which he feverishly swiped away, approaching Doctor Bailey, looking a little wild-eyed, his eyes glassy and fever-bright.

“O’Malley, we’re receiving an MVC with six people hurt. Some idiot decided to get drunk to ease the pain of his mother’s funeral, only to crash on the way over there. Paramedics warned us that he was DOA. Certainly ironic, isn’t it? The fool,” Bailey stated, seeming to either not notice or to choose to ignore his current appearance, his hair disheveled and his face flushed with fever, not to mention the crazy eyes. “You hear me, O’Malley?” she demanded after a minute, and he jolted a little, realizing she was waiting for an answer.

“Yes, sorry, Dr. Bailey,” he stated quietly, his voice not yet gone, although judging by the state of his throat, it wouldn’t be long before he was rasping out words.

“You ok?” she probed, never one for the soft and squishy moments, so as he nodded, she dismissed it, running out to the ambulance as it arrived.

He followed suit, taking the stretcher that Dr. Bailey instructed him to grab, murmuring a soft hello to Meredith and Izzie with Christina not far behind, as they ran past him, having obviously been paged too. He wheeled the woman into Trauma Room 1, his stomach rolling uneasily at all the blood. Now, he normally wasn’t squeamish. He was a surgeon, he couldn’t be, but something about the way his forehead bled down her face grossed him out. Swallowing hard, he was shocked as he felt her grab his arm feebly, opening and closing her mouth like a frightened guppy, trying to form words. Checking her chart, he focused on her, softly soothing. “Mrs. Mitchell, it’s going to be okay. I’m gonna take care of you.” After finishing that sentence, he had to wheel around quickly, directing a hard sneeze to his side, not wanting to contaminate his scrubs. “Hih’ehtschh’SCHOO.” He shook his head, fighting a sleuth of sneezes that wanted to come out, before he turned back to Mrs. Patterson.

He sewed up her wounds and accompanied her off to CT to check a place where her gear change had caused a dark bruise on her side, indicative of internal bleeding. Thankfully, the bleeding had resolved itself, because George was not thrilled about the idea of having to stand in an OR for hours all the while feeling this sick. Done with his duties for the time being, he made his way towards the on-call room, his forehead sweating again and his mouth sagging open, as he could not breathe through his nose. That’s when he ran into Lexie.

“Hey, George, do you have anything good? Because Christina hasn’t given us anything to do. I know, right, Christina not giving us anything. So, I’m bored and energized, because I actually managed to sleep eight hours last night!” she rambled on, oblivious to his current state.

That’s when the urge to sneeze overtook him, and so he brought his elbow to his nose, letting loose three painful sneezes. “Heh’unggschoo. HEH’huhhngsstt. NGSST’schoo.”

“Wow, bless you,” Lexie said, clearly startled, only to narrow her eyes at him. “George, are you okay?”

“I’m fide, Lexie,” he mumbled, his voice clearly congested.

Her brown eyes narrowed at him, her jaw set in defiance as she took in his appearance. His forehead was sweaty, his face was flushed, and the way he carried himself was just not right. It was a diagnosis anyone could make, but she felt a particular urge to find a way to cure him instead of just telling him the obvious: that he was sick. “George, you don’t look fine. And given the fact that you can’t even pronounce the word, I think you should be in bed,” she urged, clenching and unclenching the fist at her side, desperate to reach out and soothe him in some way.

“It’s doh big deal, Lex,” George insisted, growing a little irritated as his nose started prickling again.

“George, I can take a half hour to bring you home. You know what? I will.”

“Doh, Lexie, because that’s dot your job. Your job ihhh is to do whatever your resihhhh resident wadnts you to do. End of story. You should kdnow this by dow. You dew ihhhndterds are too preoccupied with thidgs that dodn’t concerd your job. Really,” George snapped, trying to ignore the slight pit in his stomach he immediately felt upon seeing Lexie’s pain stricken face. Knowing he was about to lose to his sinuses, he quickly brushed past her, leaving Lexie frozen for but a moment, a pained expression on her face.

tbc

((thanks, obsessed! you should definitely check grey's anatomy out. it's full of drama and hot men. what more can you ask for?))

part two

The ringing of her pager quickly snapped Lexie out of her funk, causing her to jump back into an action as an intern whose job was to learn about surgery and treat people who were suffering from life-threatening injuries, not to fret over her roommate, who she so happened to be in love with.

The hours passed by agonizingly slowly for Lexie after she arrived in the pit only to find Yang there, demanding she do sutures. She couldn’t keep from staring at the clock as she stitched up wound after wound, something her patients were quite aware of. After a few complaints, she forced herself to focus, although she still couldn’t fully wrap her mind around what George had said to her. Yes, he was sick, but she was just trying to help! He didn’t have to snap at her like that.

As the hours passed, her anger at his reaction continued to grow, so much so that a patient asked for her resident to be paged after watching her angrily sew up another woman’s wound.

Yang’s appearance was marked by a notable quieting of the nurses and residents alike. Yang had always been an intimidating force, even when she was an intern. Now, as a resident, she was quickly becoming the new “Nazi.”

“Three! You’re scaring patients!? First off, with that face, I didn’t think it was possible to scare anyone. And secondly, what do you have to be scowling about anyways?” Yang demanded, her voice flat and annoyed. Clearly, Lexie had interrupted something. Judging from the slight mussing of her hair, Lexie could tell Yang had been doing some time in a bed. Whether or not she was sleeping was a totally different story.

“Sorry, Dr. Yang,” Lexie murmured apologetically, hoping that’d be the end of things, but Yang had different plans.

“Whatever, three. Now tell me why you’re scowling. Someone who can make your face look like that is someone I feel I could be friends with.”

“George snapped at me when I was just trying to help him,” Lexie admitted explosively, before clapping a hand over her mouth. Had she really just whined to her resident about her boy troubles?

Yang’s lips curled upwards in a smile. For a moment, she even looked on the verge of laughing, but she stoically pulled herself back together. Clearing her throat, Yang asked evenly, “And why did he snap at you?”

“Because he’s sick. He’s really, really sick. And I just wanted to help him and take him home, but he told me that isn’t my job. But what is my job? I’m doing it, right? So why can’t I help him on top of it? Why…”

“Three! Do I look like someone who cares that Bambi hurt your feelings? No. So get back to work and stop scaring patients… That’s my job,” Yang stated bluntly, before briskly walking away, a grin cracking onto her face the moment she rounded the corner.

--

George was all but passed out when he heard the door open.

“I think he’s asleep.” Meredith. Damn.

“Bambi is just a baby.” Cristina. Typical.

“Man, I was gonna invite someone in here. You think he’d wake up?” Alex.

“Ew, gross! Cristina, be nice to him. He looks really sick. George? Are you asleep?” Izzie. He wasn’t surprised.

He didn’t intend to answer, just wanting them to go away, but his nose had other troubles. The first sneeze ripped out of him with no warning. “Hih’igshhh. The second was silently stifled, his shoulders jerking forward. And, for a minute, he thought he was going to sneeze a third time, but after a sharp inhale, it was gone.

Knowing his cover was blown, he rolled over to face them. Meredith looked uncomfortable. Cristina looked annoyed. Alex looked grossed out. And Izzie looked about ready to cry.

“George! God! Are you okay?” Izzie asked frantically, coming over before he could stop her and feeling his head.

“I’b fide, Iz,” he whispered, his voice raspy.

“Yeah, I think you’re sick,” Meredith offered unhelpfully.

“Dude, you think you could go be sick somewhere else? The new nurse gave me the sign earlier,” Alex asked insensitively, Cristina snorting in reply. Yeah, she would find something like that funny.

“Alex, no he won’t go somewhere else! Just take your skank to some supply closet or an empty exam room. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind,” Izzie stated, shooing him off. Alex huffed a sigh before leaving.

Mer looked relieved as her pager went off. “Right, I’ve got to go. Feel better, George,” she stated, before she too left.

Cristina didn’t even try to act worried. “Okay, Bambi, now that I know you’re alive, I can go tell three to stop crying.”

“Lexie was cryidg?!” he demanded, sitting up, only to regret that as the room swam. Ducking his head, he shut his eyes and braced his body against the bed, wishing he didn’t feel so damn sick right now. He felt Izzie’s hand against his bicep.

Cristina didn’t bother to answer, stifling a yawn into her hand.

Izzie jumped in after casting a glare at Cristina. “Don’t worry, George. I’ll stay with you.”

“Iz, I dod’t care if adyode stays with be. Cristina, Lexie was cryidg?”

“Well, I don’t know. I wouldn’t be surprised. What’s it to you? Apparently you went all psycho on her and hurt her feelings. Three just needs to grow up. If it were Mer or me that you snapped at, you wouldn’t see us getting all sad and mopey.”

“Cristina, maybe you should go,” Izzie piped in, looking to George as his face went from being pissed to being vacant, his mouth sagging open. “George?”

He didn’t respond, his breaths hitching desperately. “Hih… ih. Huh-uhhh. Hihhh.

“God, even your sneezes are dramatic,” Cristina stated, rolling her eyes as she turned and left, leaving just Izzie there, watching George sadly as he struggled to coax a sneeze out. After a moment’s thought, she stood and snapped the lights on, the brightness working immediately, causing him to direct wet sneezes into his hands. “Heh’etsch! Huh-uh’tschoo. ITSCH. ETSCHOO. Ih’gnnsttt.

“Iz, could you… Huh’utschuh. SHUH.

She held out the box of tissues she knew he was asking for, a frown deeply seated on her face as he blew his nose into three different tissues. “Bless you,” she offered sympathetically. “What can I do?”

Without letting himself pause and think, he matter-of-factly stated, “Get Lexie.”

tbc

I like this, and you're doing a great job at getting the characters interactions right. I absolutely love Alex... his comments... so perfectly him.

*stares at the awesomeness of sneezy/sick/irritated George* EEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! I am not worthy!!!!!!! :shy::P:twisted: I swear, I was having the worst day ever and I come on the forum to unwind and I see THIS!?!?!?! I think my mind just.......just...... :D

ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou a million times kristen!!!!!!!!!! :D Best Christmas in July/August ever!!!!!

Mmmm, sneezy George:) And so true, a great show filled with drama and hot men...what more could you want? :D Loving this so far!

Ooh, this is great. I love your characterisations, and the focus on the original five! Your Alex is so funny ;)

And I looooved George's sneezing fit when the lights turned on. Yummy.

((wow, thanks everyone. ickydog2006, i'm glad you liked alex. i tried to figure out what he'd say in such a situation and that's the decision i came to. grey on a sunday, you're so welcome! i'm glad you like it! and sorry if i'm taking too long getting the parts out. i haven't gotten the entire thing written (super sorry about that, by the way), but i intend to get them out as quickly as possible. 27jaredjensen, i'm glad you like it! if only i could fit mcsteamy in here somehow. haha. i might try. ooo, i thought it'd be a sort of interesting thing to have in the fic. a coaxed out sneeze is always quite sexy, in my opinion. (: ))

part three

“Cristina,” Izzie called as she followed a motivated-looking Cristina towards the pit.

“Nuh uh, Izzie! I know you’re on the pit, but I want this surgery. It’s the perfect aortic dissection. The guy’s so close to dead that they’re thinking of calling it,” Cristina rambled, her surgery-crazed eyes meeting Izzie’s as she mistook Izzie’s expression of disbelief for one of dedication to her job in the pit. “What do you want? I’ll give you anything!”

Izzie smirked slightly, glad that she’d withheld her comment about how Cristina could have the stupid cardio case when she noticed how desperate Cristina was. “I want Lexie,” she stated bluntly, causing Cristina to snort.

“You want three? Sure, go ahead and take her. She’s got the ‘someone-ran-over-my-puppy’ face anyways,” Cristina said, grinning smugly as she figured this meant she won.

--

Lexie was still furiously suturing when she heard her name being called. She looked up with wide eyes, like a child caught with their hand in the cookie jar. “I wasn’t scaring patients, I swear!” she gasped, the man she was stitching up desperately meeting Izzie’s gaze.

“What? Oh, whatever. That’s not why I’m here. You’re needed in the on-call room. Important, important case,” Izzie said cheerily, shooing Lexie away from the older man who looked relieved to have her taking over his stitches, probably because she wasn’t scowling.

Lexie opened her mouth to ask why she was needed, before she figured it was some crazy Yang thing, where she’d get there and be instructed to grab Yang a sandwich or something. With her scowl deepening, she stalked towards the on-call room. She opened the door with a look that wasn’t at all like her typical self. What she saw quickly made that look waiver and then collapse into one of concern.

“George?” she sputtered out.

He was curled up on one of the beds, his forehead covered in sweat, his body trembling visibly, his lips already chapped from breathing out of his mouth and his nose looking quite reddened. “Ledxie. I’b sorry for beidg ad ass earlier,” he whispered, his voice barely present as he directed a deep cough into his hand.

“Jesus, George. It’s fine. I mean… It’s not fine. I was just trying to help and you totally shut me down,” she spoke quickly, her thoughts coming out in a jumbled mess, her mind elsewhere as his breath started to hitch. She was still working through her feelings when a sharp sneeze caused her to jump.

“HehSTCH. Huh’etschuh. ETSCH. I thoudght you said id was fide,” George mumbled with a small smile, trying to lighten the mood.

“Shit, sorry. It is fine. I’m sure I’d be in a bad mood, too,” Lexie replied, a small smile curling onto her lips as she closed the gap between them and sat gingerly next to him, placing a hand to his forehead. Her eyebrows knitted in worry as she felt how hot his forehead was. A shiver ripped through him, causing his teeth to chatter violently for a moment.

“God, Ledx, you thidk you could’a laid off the cold drinks before you touched my forehead?” he asked, utterly oblivious to the fact that her hands were their normal temperature.

Lexie, not wanting to worry him, simply murmured an apology. “Why’d you have Izzie come get me, George?” Lexie asked innocently, staring at his sweaty hair and feeling that this might be the moment that he professed love for her, something she’d been waiting for, praying for. God only knew how much she loved him.

“To say sorry,” he whispered, coughing roughly again, huddling deeper into the covers and tilting his head so that he could look at her. “Hey, you ok?” he asked, having sworn he’d seen a look on her face he’d never seen, one that was heartbreakingly sad.

“I should be asking you that,” she replied, choosing not to answer his question, as she gently ran her fingers through his hair, before standing up. “Do you need anything?” she asked abruptly, not wanting to be there anymore. This was just torture. She wanted to kiss his forehead and his cheek and his lips… She wanted to kiss it better, but he just wanted to apologize, which he already did. If there was nothing else he wanted her here for, she’d rather leave.

“No, I’m ok,” George muttered, hiding the disappointment on his face well. He didn’t want her to leave. He so desperately wanted to tell her he needed her to take care of him, but he held it in, knuckling his nose angrily as it started acting up again. “Heh’tschhhhh” It was a more exhausted sort of sneeze, and he looked at her pitifully as she edged to the door.

“Bless you. Page me if you need anything,” Lexie whispered, unable to hide the slight tilt of her lips downwards as she opened the door and heard no protest, just another resigned sneeze and then silence.

tbc

((man, i'm so sorry this keeps taking forever. i'm working and my classes are crazy, so i haven't had much time. i'm shooting on one more part after this. it should be up by wednesday.))

part three

Almost immediately upon leaving, Lexie began a staring game with her pager. He would page her, right? He had to. But… He didn’t like her like that. The only reason he’d requested for her to come in the first place was because he wanted to say sorry. That was over and done with, although she sourly wished he’d say sorry again.

Lexie was doing her best to find Yang, so she could get to work when she ran into Alex.

“Iz said you were babysitting the baby. He grow up all of a sudden and realize he can wipe his own snot?” Alex asked insensitively, smirking at his own wit.

“Alex, he’s actually sick,” Lexie found herself defending George only to set her jaw. “He didn’t want me there, so I left.”

“Huh. Whatever. So you’re not doing anything? You wanna go grab a drink?” Alex asked with a smirk.

Lexie, already frustrated, shot Alex a glare. “No, no I don’t want to grab a drink. You go away!”

Alex shrugged his shoulders, wondering aloud how baby boy could even land Lexie, as he walked away.

--

Izzie was eating lunch when Alex came over, looking more than a little irked.

“What’s the matter?” she asked thoughtfully, eating another spoonful of granola.

“Lexie wouldn’t get a drink with me. Hey, Iz, you wanna get a drink with me?”

Izzie laughed for a second, shaking her head, only to purse her lips, her eyebrows drawn quizzically. “Wait… How do you know Lexie wouldn’t get a drink with you?”

“I asked her. She said no.”

“You went back into the on-call room and asked her with George right there? Jesus, Alex. A little tact.”

“No, she wasn’t with George.”

Izzie frowned, only to stand up, looking very much like a girl with a mission.

“Wait, so you’re gonna leave me here?” Alex whined.

“Go flirt with the coffee cart girl. She likes you. You’re welcome,” Izzie offered, setting off to go find George.

--

George was in the midst of a coughing fit when Izzie stormed in, slapping him over the head. “Why are you so dumb?” she demanded, only half angry as George followed up the coughs with three harsh sneezes: “Heh’ihshh. Heh’TSCH’uh. Huh’shuhhh.”

“Wait, why ab I dub?” George asked hoarsely, grabbing a tissue from an already half-empty box and emptying the contents of his nose into it.

“Because you ran Lexie off. What did you do?” Izzie asked, sitting down next to him, her anger slowly fading into pity.

“Nothidg. She asked why I had you get her. I told her that I just wadted to apologize.”

“Did you tell her this before or after you had apologized?”

“After. Why? Hih’uh’SHUH.

“Bless you, you stupid, stupid man.”

“Whad?”

“You pretty much told her you didn’t want her to stay, because you’d already done what you intended to do.”

“Shit. Really? Why are gihhhhhhh IH’TSCH’uh. Hut’SCHOO. Why are girlds so crazy?”

“Bless you. Now, you page her and say you need her to stay with you. You like her, don’t you?”

George’s cheeks visibly reddened at Izzie’s inquiry, and he was grateful at another itch in his nose to prevent him from answering. “UH’TSCH.

“Gesundheit. I’ll take your school-boy blush as a yes. Now, you go get her. I have to go check on some patients, but if I don’t get a report from the nurse’s station across from here that Lexie came back, I will disown you. Got it?”

George pouted slightly, only to dial Lexie’s pager number. He couldn’t ignore his heart beat racing a little, his palms sweating as he waited to see whether or not she’d come.

tbc

Okay, YOU my friend are a genius! Every time I re-read this story it feels like im watching an actual Grey's anatomy ep.!!! And also, I just can't get enough of the LexiexGeorge chemistry!! And everyone is just so perfectly written! And don't stress yourself out, I know how difficult school and classes can be! :laugh: Thanks sooo much again for this wonderful story! :(

((so this hasn't been proof read or anything, and i am so late to dinner, but i wanted to get it posted. hope you like it! sorry for the wait!)

part three

Lexie had been staring at her pager for so long, she was a little unsure if it had actually beeped or if it was her pathetic imagination trying to make her believe that George was going to realize he loved her.

Confirming that it was, in fact, George, she swallowed hard, her stomach fluttering much to her chagrin. He probably just needed something. There was no way that this page meant true love, no way at all, as much as she wished it did.

After forcing herself to walk calmly to the on-call room, she paused only a moment outside of it, before she worked up her nerve and opened the door.

“You paged?” she asked levelly, careful not to seem excited. While this greeting probably made her sound bitchy, she didn’t much care. She was in a bad mood. Even as a friend, he was doing a bad job at acting like he cared about her.

“Yeah” was all George could muster out as he slowly sat up, his body wracked with a violent chill, making him look absolutely pitiful.

Lexie didn’t let her resolve fall that quickly. She set her jaw, narrowing her eyes a little bit. “How are you feeling?” she asked, sorely tempted to ask what he wanted, but unable to muster that much courage (or, rather, bitchiness).

“Fide,” George replied, scrubbing his nose with his knuckle, shivering again.

“So… Did you need anything?” Lexie probed, hovering at the door of the on-call room.

“I bead, doh. Dothidg id particular,” he replied, directing a few rib-rattling coughs into his hand.

“Okay, well, I should be going then,” Lexie murmured, surveying him sadly.

“Ledxie, waid,” George called out, trying to ignore the itching in his nose until he could convince Lexie to stay.

“What, George?” Lexie asked, her voice soft and expression resigned.

“I could use sohhhh ihhhhhhh HIH’TISH’UH. Heh’ETCHH. KSH.” he broke off, sneezing violently, dissolving into a string of hard coughs after the sneezing subsided.

Lexie couldn’t help but step closer, her lips pressed tightly together as she resisted mothering him.

“Sorry. I could use sobe cobpady,” he offered hopefully.

“I don’t know, George. I’m pretty busy,” Lexie lied.

“Please? It would bean a lot, Ledx,” he tried again.

“Why’s that, George?” she asked before she could help herself.

He paused, taken aback, before he answered honestly, “Because I feel better whed you’re here.”

Lexie smiled brightly, feeling angry as tears came to her eyes. She usually wasn’t so much of a baby, but here George was telling her he felt better when she was here, not Izzie, not Mer, her. She walked over to him, sitting next to him and nearly tackling him in a hug.

--

George was shocked as Lexie clung to him as if she was drowning and he was a life raft. “Hey, Ledx, are you ok?” he asked, finding how happy she’d become a little peculiar.

“I should be asking you that,” she replied, her voice a little husky.

George didn’t really intend on breaking the hug, because Lexie seemed to need it for some reason or another when his nose decided it had other plans. He pulled back from the hug frantically, barely able to direct three hard sneezes away from Lexie. “Het’TSCH’uhh. KSHH. HEPT-SCHOO.”

“Bless you,” Lexie said, her eyes a little moist, but her lips curved into a genuine smile.

“Thadks,” George replied shyly, grabbing a tissue and blowing his nose gingerly into it.

“So how are you feeling?” Lexie asked, placing her hand against his cheek and frowning at the fact that it had become hotter.

George grimaced and shivered.

“That bad, huh? Let me go see if I can get you some medicine,” she said softly.

--

Lexie was back in a matter of no time, some hardcore decongestant in her hand. One glance at George told her that he was asleep, his body curved a little uncomfortably, his mouth hanging open as he breathed in and out, a rhythmic and deep pattern. She almost didn’t want to wake him, but she knew he’d be able to sleep more comfortably if he could breathe right, and, besides, this stuff would knock him out in no time. With that in mind, Lexie sat down next to him, laying a hand on his back and leaning in close. She resisted the urge to kiss his forehead and instead gently called his name.

Judging from how fitfully he woke up, he really was quite feverish. “Ledxie? How lodg have I been asleep?” he asked, panicking as he tried to get his pager.

“Not long, George. Calm down. I just came back with your medicine. It’ll help you breathe, and it’ll knock you out,” Lexie soothed, rubbing circles on his back, relishing this moment of closeness as he let himself sink back into the mattress, grabbing her free hand.

“Dod’t leave be,” he begged, and Lexie smiled, pouring the right dosage of medicine into a cup. She’d had the choice between a liquid and a pill, but thinking his throat would be sore, she went with the liquid route.

“I’m not going anywhere. Now take this,” she urged, pressing the dose of medicine into his hand. He gratefully took it, screwing up his face at the taste, which still managed to make itself present despite the fact his nose was severely blocked up. She handed him the water, trying not to seem too happy at the present situation. He needed her, and she wasn’t going to lie and say that didn’t feel damn good, but he was sick, really sick, and she wasn’t going to celebrate that.

“I’b cold,” he whispered after a moment, shivering to prove his point.

Lexie debated getting him a blanket, but judging from how tightly he was grabbing her hand, he probably wouldn’t let her leave, so she peeled the covers back and slid in next to him. “It’ll be okay, George. You’ll warm up soon,” she promised, nearly unable to believe it as he snuggled in close to her, wrapping his arms around her like she was some sort of stuffed animal that comforted him.

“I love you, Ledxie,” he said all of a sudden. “You’re the best girl I dow.”

She held her breath, wishing he’d say more. He didn’t need to say anymore though to make her wildest dream come true. It started with a hug and a kiss on the cheek, but she pulled back a little, able to feel his breath on her cheek as they both hovered there for but a moment before he hesitantly placed his lips to hers. His mouth tasted like decongestant, and he radiated feverish heat, but it was perfect. The kiss lasted just a few seconds before he pulled back.

“I’b sihhhh. EHT’KSHOO. I’b sorry. I’m going to gihhhhhhh TSCHOO. HET’TSCH. To get you sick,” he apologized, looking at her with a mixture of shock and awe.

Never before had Lexie been smooth. She’d always been nerdy and unsure of herself and just downright awkward, but in this moment, she was able to say without question, “It’s worth it,” before pulling him back into a kiss. They kissed for a solid thirty seconds, before he pulled away, his eyes clearly heavy, the medicine kicking in. “Sleep,” she urged, able to grin like a school girl as he nestled his head into her neck and fell asleep.

--

A few hours passed before she had to leave, but soon her pager went off. George, who was very much so knocked out, went on sleeping as Lexie disentangled herself, grinning as she exited, knowing that the medicine hadn’t kicked in enough when the kissing happened to be attributed to it. He had to mean it. He had to love her.

She couldn’t help but laugh as she ran into Alex, who doubled over with a harsh two sneezes as she neared him. “HUH’TSHUH. HUH’TSCHHHH. Shit, Ledxie, I think your boy god me sick.”

“Better rest up, Alex,” she advised, silently finishing in her head: “because no one is going to be taking care of you.”

He sniffed wetly as she kept walking, and while Lexie should have been dreading the thought of getting sick, she knew it wouldn’t be bad if George was there to kiss it all better.

The End.

Edited by request ~ obsessed

Aww! :boom: The perfect ending! And Aleeeex.... :D:D:D This was just so awesome thankyou so much much for this awesome fic full of awesomness from a very awesome person!!! :D

Archived