Sneeze Fetish Forum

Forum Banner

Vetinari

45 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the default forum banner as it is currently (i.e. Blue with Logo and the words "Sneeze Fetish Forum")

• Yes, I like things as they are
    • No, I would prefer a change
  2. 2. What would be your default preference

• I like things as they are with the blue board with the words Sneeze Fetish Forum and the Logo
    • I would like the blue-grey IP.Board setting as it is now to be the standard setting
    • I would like the blue-grey IP.Board setting to be standard but I would like the logo to be added
    • Other, please explain below

The question of the forum banner has been raised on a number of occasions in the past. Some members feel that having the words "Sneeze Fetish Forum" across the top can be problematic and can result in privacy issues. The staff have recently discussed the matter (thanks Lynne for raising it) and feel that perhaps a change would be in order.

Currently there are two "skins" that can be used.

• The default setting (the one that appears automatically when you are not logged on to the forum). This is blue in colour and has the SFF logo, created by SusieQusie alongside the words "Sneeze Fetish Forum".
  • The IP.Board Pro setting. This has a more blue-grey banner with the words "IP.Board from invision power" across the top.

After discussion amongst the staff, the easiest solution to the problem would be to change the default setting to the IP.Board option. This would mean that when you open up the forum the automatic appearance would be the darker grey-blue setting. It will still be possible to choose to use whichever you like though, when you are logged in. HoL is also willing to look into the possibility of adding in the Logo to this banner but without the words "Sneeze Fetish Forum".

If you wish to go an look at the IP.Board setting as it currently is, go to the very bottom of the forum, right down in the corner, left hand side, you will see a little box with the words: IPB 2.2.0 Default

It has a drop down option. If you click on the drop down option you will have a choice of the normal "Default" setting or IP Board Pro

Please let us know what you think about this. If you have any further suggestions, we would be happy to hear them or if you feel that this poll is flawed in some way just let me know. Thanks.

Wow I'm glad you guys are considering this. This has almost gotten me in trouble so many times. It actually almost did today!

Thanks for voting and commenting. Nothing has been changed of yet though, what is currently possible has always been available (though people may not have been aware that an alternative was available). The most likely change would be to have the IP board as the standard if the consensus is that that would be better. Anyway, carry on!

If it can be done- I'd like it with Banner- but just the symbol. Haven't completely woken up though, so not sure with voting on which one that is. *blush*

It really doesn't bother me though either way- hubby knows, and have our own house, so...

Ooooooo, I really like the new setting. Definitely makes me less paranoid, and it looks so sleek and classy. :laugh:

If it can be done- I'd like it with Banner- but just the symbol. Haven't completely woken up though, so not sure with voting on which one that is. *blush*

That isn't any of them at the moment. I'll check with HoL whether that would be possible. In the meantime, if anyone else wants this, probably as well to hold off from voting until we get back to you.

I have (accidentally :blushing: ) shown that it's possible to have the logo alone on the IP Board Pro skin :drool: Please follow Vetinari's instructions in the first post to display the IP Board Pro skin if you would like to see how this looks :blushing:

Just so you know, I will be changing the colours so it blends in better, if this option is chosen :zippy:

I really like the banner with just the logo! Well done HoL! Even if it was by accident :yay:

Honestly, as long as we have options to change our personal settings, I don't really mind that much what the default is. I just don't want to have to have SNEEZE FETISH plastered across the top of my screen.

I liked it better with just the logo too. This feels too much like walking down the street and having a total stranger jump out of the bushes and yell "SNEEZE!!!" >:D

as long as we have options to change our personal settings, I don't really mind that much what the default is.

Even thought we can change our personal settings to display the sneaky one, the page might still pop up accidentally in the default setting if people haven't logged in yet. So, I think changing the default banner to something less obviously fetish-related is worthwhile and could prevent some embarrassing situations.

I'm amused that people are concerned about the banner and the HUGE words "Sneeze Fetish Forum", but that nobody ever says anything about people's enormous sig pictures saying things like "Cold Whore" or "I Love Sneezing" or stuff like that. If you're afraid to get found out, maybe you should cut back on that sort of thing as well.

But anyway, before this turns into a threadjack... I didn't vote for the IP Board Pro setting becoming the default one, but it may be a good idea after all. It looks more generic and more "professional" at the same time.

ETA: I cnat tyep.

nobody ever says anything about people's enormous sig pictures saying things like "Cold Whore" or "I Love Sneezing" or stuff like that.

Incidentally, for anyone worried about this sort of thing as well, there's an option available in your profile settings to turn off signatures. Maru makes a good point that if you're worried about the banner there are a few signatures around here equally as "fetishistically flamboyant" :D

nobody ever says anything about people's enormous sig pictures saying things like "Cold Whore" or "I Love Sneezing" or stuff like that.

Incidentally, for anyone worried about this sort of thing as well, there's an option available in your profile settings to turn off signatures. Maru makes a good point that if you're worried about the banner there are a few signatures around here equally as "fetishistically flamboyant" :D

That is a good point, and it is a bit silly that we're so worried about one and not the other, but it would likely be a lot easier to explain away a signature or two that got spotted by someone than the banner of the actual forum. When it's someone's signature people who might get a glance at the forum are probably more likely to think it's just that individual having a "weird" signature than it is that they'd apply it you. Whereas the banner automatically applies to anyone visiting the forum and would be much harder to explain to someone without admitting to the fetish.

I'm not picky about the default, but I would really, really miss the blue if the other became the default and this wasn't available. I originally voted for no change -- mostly because I hate it when my online stuff changes, but just the symbol in the corner seems like a nice idea.

I'm the same as polychrome, I don't like my sites to change their format/appearance. I voted no change as well. I too like the symbol though, it's a really minimal change and if it makes the others happy, then so much the better <_< I never go on this site in public or where I could be seen though so I don't have an issue with "I HAVE A SNEEZE FETISH!" broadcast from my screen. I don't know why it's such an issue, do people use library computers to check the site or something? :S

Ooooo, I like this new skin! Definitely makes me feel less paranoid. Because, I mean, you could be in your dorm room by yourself... but your roomie could pop in and catch you at any moment. :wub:

On a related note, I've been wondering if the minimized bar could say SFF instead of Sneeze Fetish Forum as well? In the past I've managed to minimize my screen fast enough, but if someone comes close enough, I get worried that they may read the little words at the bottom. Oh, nosy parents. <_<

Anyway, thank you so much for giving us more options! :wub:

Okay, just to clarify what I've done so far. We now have 3 skins:

- Black with just the logo

- Blue with just the logo

- Blue with the logo and text (this is currently the default)

All that remains is to decide which of these will be the default skin, which we will do in a few days when we decide the poll has enough responses <_< For the minute it looks like the blue with just the logo will be the default, but that could change. Either way, any member can now set which option they'd prefer when logged in using the instructions in Vetinari's first post. The default will only appear when not logged in, or for newly registered members who have not yet set a preference :wub:

I like having the option to change it around or not, as your mood takes you.

I use the black board, have used it ever since my sister started running here in time and no time :rofl: but the black board with the logo? Awesome. It's really elegant and classy. I approve. :drool:

I agree that it'd be really great if the actual window title was changed from "Sneeze Fetish Forum (Powered by Invisionboard): to just 'SFF' so that if it's minimized it isn't clear what site you're on...

Okay, this poll has been running for nearly 2 weeks now, so I think that's probably long enough for everyone to have had their say who wants to :P. Therefore based on the results from now on the default will be the 'Black Board' skin. Thanks for your votes and opinions everyone :)

Archived