Sneeze Fetish Forum

Break down of a sneeze- let's analyze

NewGirl

Well hi. I haven't written on here in a long time and i'm definitely not a "new girl" as my username suggests. I've been on this site a long while. If you've read any of my last posts (highly doubtful they're so infrequent), I take a very psychological approach to this fetish and it has boggled my mind for a long long time. I have a hard time accepting it and so I spend a lot of time trying to figure out where it came from, why it happens, and what exactly is going on. haha.

So basically, I (and not so cleverly) decided to break down "the event" into a few components and i've spent some time trying to decide which of these I enjoy the most, and which of these turns me on the most to try to gain some clarity into well... what makes sneezing so hot.

Anyways, here's what I came up with as the break-down of a sneeze:

Part 1. The pre-face, also known as the build-up. There's so many different ways that people react to this, it's honestly very interesting watching videos and witnessing people. Some people will announce "I'm going to sneeze", some will (if in conversation) say "hold on a minute or put up 1 finger", some will hitch their breath very audible, some will raise their hands to the face, or an arm up with no face yet whatsoever, some have no build up at all.

*Side note: I've come to the conclusion that if Part 1 is the part that really does it for you, you'll be able to tell if "false starts" turn you on just as much as a full sneeze itself. If a false start gets you just as excited as a real sneeze then, there you go, Part 1 is the part for you!

Part 2. The release. This is the actual sneeze itself and i'm sure there have been countless posts written about the sounds and sights of this part. We all know everyone has a different sound, facial expression, and demeanor in this "release" face.

Part 3. The post face. This one is a little bit interesting too and has much much variation. Post faces are just simply whatever the person does immediately after the release. Usually i've seen a sniffle or two, maybe a touch of the nose, but usually it's just audible, there's sometimes a "whew" or a comment made. Something else i've seen is the large exhale. I have a crush who builds up quite largely, and in that build up takes in a lot of air, therefore after the sneeze itself, he still has some air in his lungs to exhale, so there will be a large exhale following the sneeze. It's interesting.

Part 4. The blessing. This part generally happens simultaneously with part 3 or just immediately following. And for the sake of clarity, i'm hoping to specifically target people on here who are interested in seeing others sneezes, not sneezing themselves and subsequently being blessed by someone else. That kinda opens a different can of worms (blessing someone vs. being blessed).

So anyways, i'm talking here about the "social norm" to say 'bless you" to someone after they have sneezed. There's variation in this one too, and also, when i'm blessing someone, I generally change my tone a bit depending- I don't know about you guys but this part could definitely be my favorite, it's a weird phenomenon but there's something very sexual, and almost embrace-ish about blessing someone. If i'm blessing my crush I usually have a very "aww" tone to my voice, or like a "oh my goodness are you okay" kind of tone- in just those two words.

Part 5. The "thank you" from the sneezer. I also very much enjoy this exchange of thank you, and it usually accompanies a pretty low or nasally voice, or something similar. Also i've seen some people a little embarrassed about the fact that they sneezed and so the thank you has a tone of embarrassment or shyness.

*That pretty much sums it up. I'd love if you guys would weigh in and let me know which parts you think are the best. I'd love to hear "everything- it's all great" but i'm hoping you'll take this challenge and really dig deeper and see which of these sections you think really "seals the deal"- i've tried to imagine some without the other and see what that does for me to try to answer this question.

Thanks guys, hope this was entertaining, i'm sorry it's so long but hey, i'm hoping someone else out there is as interested in the WHY of it as I am.

:)

Me gusta part 1, definitely.

I like how you broke it down. Sometimes parts 4 & 5 don't even happen, but I like observing other people getting blessed. I just feel like an idiot when I do the blessing because for me it feels sort of sexual too (I like how you described it as an embrace) so I feel all self-conscious when I say it, and I never sneeze in public so I've never gotten blessed. But seeing and/or hearing (sometimes feeling!) the build-up is my favorite part, especially if it's very expressive. The release can be hit or miss, depending on if I like the sound of the person's sneeze. Post-sneeze stuff like a sigh, a "whew" :wub: or a comment are nice. And I love if the sneeze is acknowledged, whether through a blessing or some other comment - it just does something extra for me.

Hehe oh god I'm blushing like crazy but I love this kind of analysis so I'm gonna try my best! >/////<

For me it's mainly part 1 (everyone knows this) and part 3...I don't see all that much talking about part 3...but I agree with Anony, I like that sort of thing, it seems. I didn't really think about it too much before. ^^;

For me, there is a sort of Part 1.5, which I always think of as the threshold. It's the point between the buildup and the actual sneeze, when the occurrence of a sneeze is inevitable. It can also be like the very beginning of part three. The sharp little exhale. The "hih-" right before the "choo!" And maybe even the beginning of the "choo," the "ch." That part gets me wild. twitchsmile.gif

For me, there is a sort of Part 1.5, which I always think of as the threshold. It's the point between the buildup and the actual sneeze, when the occurrence of a sneeze is inevitable. It can also be like the very beginning of part three. The sharp little exhale. The "hih-" right before the "choo!" And maybe even the beginning of the "choo," the "ch." That part gets me wild. twitchsmile.gif

Mmm, yes. The more "parts" there are to the sneeze, the more I like it. :drool:

What i personally enjoy the most out of this model would probably be "Part 0" laughing.gif.

Like the anticipation before actually any of the buildup or face phase happens. The moment the person first realize they might have to sneeze. The more away from the actual sneeze the better. Yeah i'm weird blush.png. Otherwise i would go with Part 2. Because the sound is a really big deal for me.

1 and 2, combined. False starts may excite but then disappoint me when nothing follows, and release without buildup feels pointless to me. :lol: But I can live without parts 3-4-5, for me, they don't really matter.

You know, I'm glad that someone posted something like this. It makes one think :). I love part one, but I also like part four as well. It's pretty odd how some people don't like being blessed. It isn't an insult, it takes about 3 seconds to say it, and for me, it's a nice thing to say. I feel weird when someone sneezes and no one says that and they look around for a few seconds before sighing.

Anyway, this point of view you posted is a very good thing ^^.

I'm a bit like Mirf from this point of view. Wondering if a sneeze is even going to happen before any signs of it... and the sound of the sneeze itself. We've discussed this before, and I think I mentioned sitting in a café behind the glass and seeing a wonderful sneeze from someone going by, but hearing nothing because of the glass and being most frustrated.

In France there is generally no acknowlegement of a sneeze and certainly no blessing in this secular country and thus nothing to say thanks for.

Well I only enjoy part 1 if their is an actual sneeze or else I just feel disappointed so i'll probably say part 2. Also, I think part 2 is the same thing as part 1 just that there is an added bonus because you still get all the facial expressions but you also get a sneeze with it. I honestly don't care about part 4 or 5 because that whole exchange is just no big deal to me. I just assumed everybody was gonna say part 2 because this is a "sneeze fetish" and I thought it meant like the actual sneeze.

Haha, cool topic! :D The more I think about this... the more I waver to the part 3. The more confusion, sniffling and eye-blinking, the better. Especially if there's another sneeze coming... :twisted: But then again I also really enjoy a false start - probably because of the dissatisfied and uncomfortable feeling afterwads. But yes I love the parts before too, but there's something extra special about the post-sneeze thing... especially the lovely post-sneeze sniffle. Or if a person blows immediately after a sneeze. Or indeed the post-sneeze exhale. Or immediate cussing. :lol: Anything that signals that he has just sneezed, and is feeling uncomfortable. Now when I think of it, there is sometimes that lovely little sigh, a sort of exasperated sound - Yummmm :drool:

Personally I feel there are even more divisions than hitherto mentioned, especially if you assume that there is a high likelihood of a double.

I would put the Announcement as a separate section from both the pre-pre-sneeze , the pre-sneeze proper and the inevitability stage. [i also am unsatisfied unless at least one release is invoved]. For those of us living in countries where the Bless You [or possibly the Thank You] stages are comparatively uncommon, there is also [or instead] the Apology and the Commentary.

Both Announcement and Apology/Commentary are infinitely improved if partially delivered in the Sneeze-Affected Voice and then interrupted because the sneezer becpmes unable to speak through sneeziness. And of course with a double the whole thing repeats divinely.

Haha, cool topic! biggrin.png The more I think about this... the more I waver to the part 3. The more confusion, sniffling and eye-blinking, the better. Especially if there's another sneeze coming... aaevil.gif But then again I also really enjoy a false start - probably because of the dissatisfied and uncomfortable feeling afterwads. But yes I love the parts before too, but there's something extra special about the post-sneeze thing... especially the lovely post-sneeze sniffle. Or if a person blows immediately after a sneeze. Or indeed the post-sneeze exhale. Or immediate cussing. heh.gifAnything that signals that he has just sneezed, and is feeling uncomfortable. Now when I think of it, there is sometimes that lovely little sigh, a sort of exasperated sound - Yummmm drool.gif

^ What pig said.

I can't really point out a single favourite part of a sneeze, since I find part 1 - 3 pretty much equally important (I'm not that interested in blessing, unless it's a man blessing another man). I do, however, have a soft spot for drawing post-sneeze reactions.

The build-up is absolutely my favorite, so Part 1 definitely. <3 I could listen to a man's desperate, breathy, moaning build-ups forever and ever. I'm not even sure I would need an actual sneeze after all that, but it would be a bonus.

This is kind of like asking me which of my children is my favorite, but if I had to pick, it would be part 2, the release. This is not to say that I don't like the other parts, but without the sneeze itself, the other parts really wouldn't have any meaning. Even a pre-sneeze expression without an actual sneeze really only has meaning because it evokes the expectation of a sneeze. At least that's the way I see it.

This is kind of like asking me which of my children is my favorite,

That's so funny, Shy Guy. I would lean more to Part 1 because it can include build up, panic, struggle -- all the desperation aspects about the loss of control. And yeah, if the person never sneezed it would be a frustration.

Nes(ish)Girl, I hope you'll post more.

Oh, I am particularly into what I suppose would fall under part 1, but there's really a prelude even to part one, which may or may not happen, but includes all manner of warnings, comments about sneezes\sneezing, even knowledge of the sneezer's history. Anticipation, anxiety... all of those things leading up to the sneeze that imbue the act with tension. It's the whole tension-release aspect that turns me on, so the interesting part is really in the interaction or relationship between the phases. I like the release in the sense of it being an expression of power, force, energy, whatever, but most of the enjoyment for me isn't in the release as in that knot in your stomach when you know it's coming and you can't stop it, no matter how hard you try (trying to stop it is also something I like quite a bit).

Also, agreed with tisza... the announcement (especially delivered in sneeze-voice) is magnificent. That's probably the only reason I enjoy wavs as much as I do, really.

Geez, maybe I'm overdoing it a bit on the analysis. But yay for psycho-analyzing the fetish! I've got mine analyzed down to the fine details, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to go with the built-up, and the pre-built up. I also looooves the announcement. I'm gonna sneeze. It really gets to me.blushsmiley.gif

In Quebec, french-speaking persons like I am, we're supposed to say: À tes souhaits, but it's very uncommon so I don't get the whole saying or not saying God bless you thing and how it could be hot or not.tiredsmiley.gif

Part 2, the actual sneeze, can be tricky for me. Sometimes, even if the sneezing person is a really hot guy, the particular sound of it's sneeze could totally turn me off. I hate stiffen ones, especially if the person pinch his nose. I also hate the sneezes that are too forcefull when it's done on purpose. The sound has to be just right to turn me on. rolleyes1.gif I can totally go with a false start.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And there's something about the post sneeze part that I really like: the pink quivering nostrils, watery eyes, the sniffles, that sometimes announce another sneeze.wubsmiley.gif

Yeat, that's about it.

I would definitely have to say the pre-face, part 1, is my favorite. My favorite on-topic things to write/read are things that focus on the build up or having to hold back a sneeze for whatever reason. Sorry if this is too detailed, but hearing the breathiness and seeing someone's face and knowing their nose is bothering them is like ssfdasdfsladkfds xD There was one time where my boyfriend was going to sneeze and I saw it on his face, but he stopped it before it came out because sometimes it makes him dizzy. Later he actually apologized for holding back, knowing about my fetish, but it didn't totally matter; the pre-face is enough for me. xD;

Archived