Sneeze Fetish Forum

Benedict Cumberbatch in radio drama (M, flu)

VoOs

So I found a radio drama in which Benedict Cumberbatch plays a barrister with a bad case of the flu.

The drama is called "Rumpole and the Explosive Evidence". There is coughing, sniffling, nose-blowing, stuffy talk, cold talk in general, ...I'm only 5 minutes into it as I'm writing this, annnnnd... Yes. There's the first sneeze as well, at 5:10. Beautifully acted. (Edit: it was not the last one. Not by far. And there is contagion. And Ben's character blessing another man.)

Ffffffffffffff. Damn this man. I want my ovaries back. dribble.gifblowup.gifstretcher.gif

I'm afraid I can't post a link to the drama, but there are sites where you can download it. See third post in this topic.

ANYWAY. There is a drama with Cumberbatch acting out a rotten cold. That's what I'm trying to say here. <o>_____<o>

...And that's yet another Holy Grail down. *DEAD*

Edited by VoOs

Just to say it is on Youtube posted by romangirl188.

For non-Cumberbatchers it's actually very funny [possibly only to the British]. Though the connoisseur will note that though it is set in the 60s Ballard is already head of chambers, which we know didn't happen till at least the latter stage of Rumpole's career.....

Thank you, Tisza.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=D1txkLZE3zA <--- here's the first part.

doh.gifheh.gif

For non-Cumberbatchers it's actually very funny [possibly only to the British].

It's funny to this non-British Cumberbitch as well. Just sayin'. wink_kiss.gif

Edit: And now I've heard a sniffly Benedict hush a crying baby.

They're kidding, right? They can't have him fulfill my every fetish fantasy in rapid succession like this. x_____x

Edited by VoOs

Oh, now that that was just fantastic! A great play on its own (and I'm an American, Count, if one with a bit of a British sense of humor), PLUS the loveliness of its, uh, deus ex machina, shall we say? ;)

That said, a question for the Sherlock fans on the board: did the character of Rumpole-the-younger remind anyone else of various incarnations of Sherlock Holmes? At first, I thought it was just a matter of BC's voice, but considering I don't EVER think that Martin (from "Cabin Pressure", another radio series with BC) reminds me of Sherlock even in the slightest, I think it must be more than that. The dry tone and lack of tolerance for fools, perhaps? In any case, it made the play that much more enjoyable, if for no other reason that now I've got a pretty good idea in my head of what Sherlock would sound like with a particularly obnoxious cold. :twisted:

"Well, I wish you could die without making so much noise!"

heh.gif

And the bit where he hushes the baby is so adorable.

@myownprivatesfc: Yes, he does remind me of well... his Sherlock. Stubborn as a mule, tendency to be dramatic and lack of tolerance for fools certainly. And the dry tone of course. Uhm... hopes up for season 3?

innocent.gif

Oooohhh my GOODNESS! What is this amazingness before me?!

First James McAvoy, then Tom Hiddleston, now BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH!?!? (Ahem, Michael Fassbender, get on board...)

I - I - I don't know w-what to do...

This radio drama is so great though, I think I might have to start listening to the rest of them!

Excellentexcellentexcellent find! <3

Holy alsdkjsdfhjasfh I cannot watch this at this moment but by god I'm coming back ASAP. *deep breaths* Oh god, I've wanted something like this so, SO badly. :cryhappy:

(Ahem, Michael Fassbender, get on board...)

YES. YES. GOD, YES. stretcher.gif

As for Mr. Cumberbatch, I can't say that I find him superduper attractive (*hides from potential pitchforks*), but this is a FANTASTIC find. I approve. thumbup1.gif

And the bit where he hushes the baby is so adorable.

It slays me. Yeah, yeah, I know: men with small children, it never gets old, but just... his voice and the little noises he makes... ;_____; *replays for all eternity*

Also, that part when Rumpole was talking to his wife in bed? Sleepy murmuring. <3 *whimper* His voice is so low and rich and melodious, I could listen to it all day and never get tired of it.

God, I will be able to recite the entire play word by word before this weekend is over. (Okay, maybe not the first court meeting, that was just obnoxious. :laugh: )

Edited by VoOs

Edit: And now I've heard a sniffly Benedict hush a crying baby.

They're kidding, right? They can't have him fulfill my every fetish fantasy in rapid succession like this. x_____x

That was my favorite bit, right there. wub.png Dare I say I found it even hotter than the (veeeery well acted) sneezing?

Great find, VoOs!

EXCUSE ME WHILE I DIE HAPPILY, MY GOD. stretcher.gifstretcher.gif

The sneezes are so well acted and he's all snuffly and miserable and lkasdjf;lkfjds;lfjsd;lfk

This is sort of off-topic, but... Always, your signature. I know where it's from and I know what he's actually doing, but... NNGH. No. Benedict, you can't rub your nose all allergic-like while standing in a field like that. It's not fair. frusty.gif

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh~

VoOs.... Good FIND~ <3

And thank you for the link <3 xD

This is sort of off-topic, but... Always, your signature. I know where it's from and I know what he's actually doing, but... NNGH. No. Benedict, you can't rub your nose all allergic-like while standing in a field like that. It's not fair. frusty.gif

Oh VoOs, I agree with you. He simply shouldn't be allowed to do anything like that at all unless actually meaning it. wallbash.gif I guess we'll just have to use our imaginations for now. yes.gif

:whistle: *quietly slides her allergic!Luke notes over to VoOs and Always* whistling.gif

Edited by myownprivatesfc