Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Hostess of the Home (Narcissa Malfoy, SS for Property of Cora)

Dusty15

Happy Holidays, @PropertyofCora! I hope you enjoy this one :) I've never written Narcissa, so I hope I do her and her family some justice!

This is set in 1975, a year after Narcissa and Lucius are married.

--

The Hostess of the Home

Memories of Christmas at the Black family estate just outside of London had always been filled with an amber glow and feelings of warmth. Even visits to her Aunt and Uncle's looming London mansion, Grimmauld Place, seemed cozy now. There was something about the Malfoy Manor that kept the home feeling cold and dark, even if Narcissa commanded the veritable army of house elves to keep every fireplace and candelabra lit.

She'd been living in the Manor for just under a year. The estate belonged to her husband's family and he'd grown up in the rooms made of icy stone and slate floors. Though she'd added her own touch with some inherited tapestries and furnishings, it didn't feel like home quite yet. Perhaps, after a holiday celebration, it finally would.

It was for this reason that she'd invited her parents and her eldest sister Bellatrix, along with Bellatrix's husband Roldolphus, for Christmas Eve dinner. A bit of holiday cheer would make Malfoy Manor feel alive and would give her a chance to showcase her hostess skills for her mother, who had always valued raising her three pureblood girls with this important ability. Narcissa felt she'd always been the one who excelled in that area.

In the days leading up to the dinner, the home was abuzz with house elves polishing the ornate family silver and draping the massive four and a half metre tall tree with sparkling fairy lights and enchanted ornaments. Narcissa supervised, consulting with the cooks on the menu and selecting a rare, expensive vintage from Lucius' family cellar.

“You've outdone yourself, darling,” Lucius said the night before as he climbed into the four-poster king bed beside her and leaned in for a kiss. “Cygnus and Druella will be suitably impressed.”

“Even Bella, perhaps,” Narcissa replied, pressing her lips to his.

“Yes, even Bellatrix, I'm sure of it,” he agreed.

He reached out and stroked her long platinum-coloured hair, hand coming to rest on her cheek.

“You're like ice, dearest,” he exclaimed, reaching for her hands and finding them equally cold.

“It's this house,” she explained, snuggling further under the heating-charmed coverlets. “Close the curtains. It'll help the heating charms last.”

He reached for his wand from the bedside table, giving it a swift flick and sending the heavy drapes around the bed swishing shut.

“Sleep well,” he said, settling down under the covers on his own side of the bed. “Plenty to supervise in the morning.”

She murmured in agreement, rolling over to face away from him. She was unusually chilled, and the accompanying dry feeling in her throat and nose left her with a sense of dread. If she woke up sick tomorrow, the day would be ruined. There was no way she could cancel Christmas Eve, but a cold would certainly put a damper on her ability to play host.

Exhaustion soon won out over worry and she feel into a deep, heavy sleep.

When morning came, she woke to a cold and empty bed. The bed hangings were wide open and a chilly draught was spilling in from the uncovered bedroom windows. Lucius had clearly been up and out for some time, judging from the coolness of the sheets on his side of the bed. Narcissa sat up slowly, taking stock of her body as she stretched widely, shaking off sleep.

Her sleek blonde hair was stuck to her face and her eyes felt heavy with the residue of sleep. She blinked and gave them a small rub, clearing away some gunk. Her tongue gave an involuntary lick, whetting the moisture-starved lips and irritating some newly-formed cracks. Oh no...

She took a small testing breath through her nose and grimaced as it made a soft snorting sound. Definitely the start of a cold.

There was no use sitting in bed and sulking about it. Perhaps once she was up and active, the symptoms would fade away. Company was due to arrive at two and if the clock on the dressing table was correctly wound, it was half ten and she was already behind.

“Parmi!” she called.

There was a sharp POP! and a small house elf appeared.

“The mistress called?”

“Draw a bath and then set out my hunter green robes with the burgundy velvet trim.”

“Yes, mistress.”

The elf disappeared into the adjacent washroom and Narcissa slipped out from under the heavy coverlets. As soon as her bare feet hit the cold slate floor, she felt herself begin to shiver. With a flick of her wand, she summoned her slippers and dressing gown from the closet, sliding her feet into the plush shoes and wrapping herself in the silk robe. She took a moment to survey herself in the dressing table mirror. Her delicate up-turned nostrils were tinted the faintest pink colour and her steel grey eyes held a hint of dark circles underneath, but otherwise she found herself the picture of aristocratic beauty.

In the bathroom, the large clawfoot tub was filled with steaming water accented with pink glimmering bubbles. Dropping her gown and nightdress to the floor, Narcissa slid in, luxuriating in the warmth of the bath. The tension of the impending events of the day seemed to slip away along with the congestion in her nose and she was able to take a proper breath. She rinsed her gleaming hair and washed her pale skin, scrubbing until it glowed a healthy pink.

When she was finished, she drained the tub and wrapped herself in a thick fluffy towel.

The bedroom was a shock of cold air after the steamy bathroom and Narcissa ignored an urge to climb back underneath the warm bedcovers. Instead, she went with chattering teeth to her dressing table and reached for her green velvet dress robes.

No sooner had she extended her hand was she rapidly retracting it and reaching up to cover her nose as she bent at the waist, breath inhaling with a rapid, feminine gasp.

The air rushed back out with a sharp ehh-TSCHH! into the side of her wrist as she pressed it against her nostrils. She sniffed and gave her nose a good, massaging rub with her palm, watching herself in the mirror as her nostrils flushed pinker still.

Brushing the sneeze off as an effect of going from the warm to cool air, she refocused on dressing and getting herself prepared. Parmi reappeared to brush and dry her long hair as she sat at the table and applied her makeup, taking special care to conceal her pink nose and circled eyes. She thought briefly of taking a preventative dose of Pepper Up, but there was no more telling sign of illness than a cloud of steam pouring from one's ears so she deciedd against it.

Once dressed and made up, she surveyed herself for a final time in the full-length mirror on Lucius wardrobe. The green velvet robes were beautiful yet festive, complimenting her pale complexion. Satisfied, she went downstairs to check in on the day's preparations.

The main hall was bustling with two elves arranging a holiday display of flowers and evergreen bowers on the foyer table. Loops of garland wound around every rung of the massive staircase balustrade and continued along the chair rail of the front hall. Enchanted candles floated along the ceilings, creating a starry effect as they led toward the dining room.

Narcissa busied herself writing out the table place-cards and instructing her head house elf in the art of napkin arranging after she saw the dismal first attempt at place settings. By one in the afternoon, she had the drawing room set with a bottle of scotch for the men and the parlour with sherry for the ladies. A massive bowl of holiday punch adorned the buffet in the dining room and every chair was decorated with a red and green silk cover and fresh holly sprigs.

Lucius appeared, sweeping in wearing his winter cloak and already in his dress robes.

“Had to pop out on an errand,” he said with a smile. “Everything ready, darling? You look stunning.”

Narcissa nodded.

“Yes,” she started to say, but found her voice cracking with a hoarse-sounding rasp. She cleared her throat and tried again.

“Yes,” she repeated successfully. “Everything is perfect. Now just to wait for the others.”

They did not have to wait long. The deep tone of the door chimes rang out and the head house elf, Tommir, went to answer.

“The Honourable Mister Cygus Black and the Lady Druella Black, master,” he announced, leading Narcissa's parents inside and taking away their coats and cloaks.

“Cissy, dearest,” her father said warmly, leaning in to kiss her cheeks. His face was cold against hers and she tried not to shy away from it. She embraced her mother too, graciously accepting a gift box and passing it off to a waiting house elf to put under the tree.

“Do come in,” Lucius said to his in-laws, gesturing to the sitting room. “We're just waiting on Bellatrix and Rodolphus.”

Narcissa took a seat next to the fire, making small talk with her husband and parents as they shared a glass of wine. The heat from the fireplace was making her nose start to run slightly and she carefully pressed the back of her hand to her nostrils, giving a small sniffle and hoping it was undetected.

The door chimes rang out once more and she sprung to her feet.

“Do stay here,” she said. “I'll see them in.”

Tommir was already in the foyer with Bellatrix and Rodolphus.

“Master and Madam Lestrange, mistress,” he announced.

“Bella!” Narcissa exclaimed, putting on a smile although her nose was still threatening to run and was now building an increasingly urgent tickle. “You look beautiful, as always.”

Bellatrix, ever extravagant, was in a black fur coat with a massive collar and her hair all done up on top her head. Her more solemn husband wore black fur as well.

“Tommir will take your coats,” Narcissa said. “Mummy and Daddy are in the sitting room with Lucius.”

Bellatrix dropped her furs to the ground for the elf to pick up and strode forward, heels clicking on the stone floor.

“My little Cissy in her big house,” Bellatrix cooed, leaning in to hug Narcissa. “Lucius spoils you. How many house elves does this place have?”

“He does,” Narcissa replied. “We have eight.”

“Eight! That's just one less than us,” Bellatrix said with a smile. “We've done well, us Black girls.”

Narcissa smiled back, lips tight. She could feel her nose leaking around her nostril and turned away for a moment to press her sleeve against it.

“Shall we?” she asked, turning back and gesturing to the sitting room.

They joined their parents for wine and conversation. Narcissa seated herself back by the fire but soon regretted the decision. The glinting firelight coupled with the radiant warmth made her nose burn with greater urgency.

“Excuse me, won't you?” she announced, standing and making her way to the door with what she hoped looked like a casual pace. “I must check on the dinner arrangements.”

“Your elves certainly don't sound efficient if they can't manage without your meddling,” Bellatrix said with a laugh.

“Narcissa is just being diligent, Bella,” Druella replied, frowning at her eldest. “Elves must be properly managed if we are to expect their best work.”

Narcissa felt a swell of gratitude for her mother as she hurried out of the sitting room and around the corner into the hallway. Almost immediately, she pinched her nose as she pitched forward with a stifled sneeze.

Nhh-GHT!

Ducking into the nearby powder room, she flicked her wand to set a quick silencing spell and leaned against the closed door, shutting her eyes.

The torrent of heavy, itchy sneezes came quickly, sending her head bobbing up and down as each one burst out into her cupped hands.

Hurhh-TSCHHH! EhhTSGHTT! Nhh-TSCHHH! Tsh'SCHH!

“Merlin,” she said with a groan, taking a great sniff as the fit ended. Pressing some toilet tissue to her nose, she gave it a wipe and a sharp rub, quelling the last of the itch.

She checked her appearance in the mirror, fixing a bit of smudged mascara and making sure the shininess around her nose was blotted away. Once satisfied, she exited the powder room and found Tommir waiting.

“Dinner is ready, mistress,” he announced.

“We'll be in at once,” she replied. The sooner they could eat dinner and be done with it, the sooner she could be back to bed where she increasingly felt she belonged at this moment.

“Dinner is ready!” she said brightly as she reentered the sitting room.

“May I see you to the dining room, Lady Black?” Lucius asked, extending his arm to Narcissa's mother. Cygnus extended her arm in return to Narcissa. She smiled and allowed her father to accompany her. The men pulled out their chair and helped the ladies to sit before taking up their own places.

“This looks beautiful, dear,” Druella said to Narcissa, surveying the table decorated with sparkling silver candelabras and frosted pine bowers.

As soon as they were all seated, the first course magically appeared at each place. Five courses later, Narcissa was feeling both exceptionally full and very tired. Her head was starting to ache and her nose felt dry and clogged. A scratchiness in her throat threatened to make her cough at any moment.

She was grateful when Lucius declared the dinner a success and invited Rodolphus and Mr. Black to join him in the drawing room for a cigar and scotch.

“And Bella, mummy, will you join me in the parlour for a glass of sherry?” Narcissa added softly, trying not to strain her voice too badly. She was certain she was starting to sound congested.

The ladies gathered for their drinks, clinking glasses as Druella proposed a toast to her two “dear, faithful daughters”. Narcissa's mind strayed momentarily to thoughts of Andromeda, their other sister who chose to marry a Muggleborn and therefore cut ties with her family.

“Cissy has done well for herself, indeed,” Bellatrix said. “Not like Dromie and that dreadful Mudblood.”

“It's the holidays, Bella,” Druella replied. “Let's not even think of it. Narcissa, are you enjoying running your own home? You always had such a talent for it.”

Narcissa nodded.

“I am,” she said and paused to cough softly. Her voice felt muddled and hoarser than ever. “It's nice to have this to keep me occupied.”

“And Lucius treats you well?”

“Oh yes, very,” she said. “I'm very happy, mummy.”

“I'm pleased to hear it. You seem tired today, dear. I hope all this planning didn't wear you out.”

“No, not at all,” Narcissa replied, trying to surreptitiously give her nose a small rub as she felt an itch prickle inside. “I was happy to host. I did so want to show you both the home I've made here.”

The itch was tingling sharper now, threatening to develop into a sneeze.

“Would you both excuse me?” she asked. “I need the ladies room.”

She stood and nearly ran for the door.

In the hall, she turned down towards the powder room but found the door shut. Her nose was near betrayal now and she pressed a palm against it, hoping to fend off the explosion. Footsteps came from the direction of the drawing room. Utterly embarrassed to be caught sneezing her head off in the hallway, Narcissa ducked around the corner behind a tapestry into a nearby alcove between the hall and the dining room meant as an access way for the house elves.

Unable to fend off the itch anymore, she immediately bent forward, nose pinched tightly between slim fingers, stifling a sneeze.

Nhttt!

The footsteps in the hall stopped and she stifled again, this time unable to contain the sound entirely.

Ngh-GHSTT!

“Bless you?” a voice said tentatively. Lucius.

His hand reached out through the tapestry and he stepped behind it.

“Narcissa!” he said, finding her in the dark alcove with her mascara streaming in dark lines down her cheeks and her nose still pinched in her fingers.

Ngghh-TSGHCH!

She pitched forward again, stumbling, and he caught her in his arms.

“Bless you! I thought you seemed a bit off colour.”

She was still stuck in the cycle of a sneezing fit, unable to do anything but shake her head in irritation before she was pitched forward again, sneezing against her husband's shoulder.

Ehh-TSGHHT!

She managed to stifle it a little but not entirely. She moaned, embarrassed, but still was unable to speak. She fanned her hand in front her nose as she inhaled sharply.

“Here, darling,” Lucius said, digging in his pocket and pulling out a fine silk handkerchief. He held it over her nose just in time for the next outburst.

Ehh-tshGHGHTTT!

“Steady, love,” he said, pinching the cloth carefully around her nose to clear away the moisture.

Tsh-GHTT!

“Bless you! My goodness.”

“I'm so sorry!” she said, voice shaking as she finally was able to speak. She took the handkerchief from her husband's hand and wiped her own nose once more.

“How long have you felt ill? You were so cold last night.”

“I'm fine, Lucius.”

“Narcissa...” he said, voice carrying a hint of a warning.

“Fine. Since last night,” she replied. Her cheeks flushed with hot embarrassment.

“And you managed that spectacular dinner regardless,” he said, leaning in to kiss her brow. “What a wonder. Should I have Parmi fetch some Pepper Up?”

“I can't have steam floating from my ears all night!” Narcissa exclaimed. “I couldn't bear it.”

“You don't look well at all,” he said. “Why don't I make your excuses and you go up to bed? I'll send Parmi up with the potion and some tea.”

“But my mum and dad....and Cissy,” Narcissa replied. “I have to- hehh-tsGHT!

“I think that's your answer,” Lucius replied. “If they aren't suitably impressed by your dinner hosting, then sitting in the parlour sneezing while you make small talk isn't going to make any further impressions. Go on. I'll see that they don't stay too late.”

Narcissa nodded in defeat.

“Thank you,” she said, rubbing her irritated nose once more and giving it a sharp pinch. “Thank them for coming”

“I will. Get some rest, darling.”

He kissed her once more and then watched her head down the hall towards the staircase.

Narcissa retreated to her rooms and was met by Parmi who was already turning back the bedclothes and laying out her warmest nightdress.

“There is tea and a Pepper-Up for mistress on the nightstand,” Parmi announced.

Narcissa dismissed the elf and shed her dress robes in favour of the nightdress. Then, she climbed into the bed and under the blankets with their warming charms recently reset. She swallowed the goblet of Pepper Up and took a few sips of tea, feeling her dry throat soothed by the warming liquids.

She was asleep before she even realized it. It wasn't until later, when Lucius climbed into bed and wrapped his arms around her that she woke, but it wasn't long until his gentle breathing and warmth sent her right back to sleep. Maybe the house finally did feel like home after all.

If I had to die, I'm glad my death was so lovely.  UHM THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!  This is literally everything I have ever wanted, I don't even have words for how happy I am.  It's so hard having such a rarely appreciated favorite character sometimes, but you just made it so worthwhile.  Wow.  

23 hours ago, PropertyofCora said:

If I had to die, I'm glad my death was so lovely.  UHM THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!  This is literally everything I have ever wanted, I don't even have words for how happy I am.  It's so hard having such a rarely appreciated favorite character sometimes, but you just made it so worthwhile.  Wow.  

:D I'm so glad you like it! I was nervous writing her because the Death Eater crew has never been in my cast of characters in terms of interests, but I did a bit of brush up on the family tree and tried to channel my best aristocratic badass lady ;) 

I loved this too!! The malfoy family is like the best ever. Your writing them was great! It IS hard when you have fav characters that are rarely represented in fan  fic let alone fetish fics!

This was amazing! I especially love your descriptions; you create beautiful imagery without being overly flowery. Tbh, Narcissa never especially appealed to me fetish-wise, but I think you've changed that with this fic. And the way Lucius found her and sent her to bed all sweetly just made me melt. Very well done!!

Despite of being a HP Fan I never really paid attention at Narcissa but now I read your fic and I absolutely love it! Especially how Lucius acted when he found her! OMG, how sweet was that? So lovely :heart::heart::heart:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I'm super late to the party but yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. I have super conflicted feelings about Lucius and Narcissa because I recognise that they are responsible for some awful things, but aside from that I really enjoy their marriage. Possibly I have spent too long in AU-land...

Anyway! This was delightful and it made me very happy.

The whole atmosphere of the fic was perfect for the sort of domesticity that would occur in the pureblood-bubble. It was weirdly comforting.

I also liked the level of detail you gave to Narcissa's awareness of her own body and appearance, and how that let you build a gradual, full image of her burgeoning cold.

On 20/12/2016 at 8:28 PM, Dusty15 said:

She took a moment to survey herself in the dressing table mirror. Her delicate up-turned nostrils were tinted the faintest pink colour and her steel grey eyes held a hint of dark circles underneath, but otherwise she found herself the picture of aristocratic beauty.

^^^noice.

a good, massaging rub

Also verrry nice. *purrs*

she surveyed herself for a final time in the full-length mirror on Lucius wardrobe

For some reason I really like the detail that the big mirror is on Lucius' wardrobe. It just fits them.

“Eight! That's just one less than us,” Bellatrix said with a smile.

Ooooooh, Bella. That's very Bella. I appreciated how much effort you obviously went to to build a picture of the Black family- they've come together very nicely. And this is a lovely image of how Bellatrix would have been pre-going totally off the rails.

The torrent of heavy, itchy sneezes came quickly, sending her head bobbing up and down as each one burst out into her cupped hands.

Ohh, that's a potent image. Totally pulling out all my sense-memory/empathy there. Nicely done.

“May I see you to the dining room, Lady Black?” Lucius asked, extending his arm to Narcissa's mother. Cygnus extended her arm in return to Narcissa. She smiled and allowed her father to accompany her. The men pulled out their chair and helped the ladies to sit before taking up their own places.

Ahh, so posh and yet believable.

Druella proposed a toast to her two “dear, faithful daughters”.

Ouch. But again, it feels accurate.

The footsteps in the hall stopped and she stifled again, this time unable to contain the sound entirely.

Ngh-GHSTT!

“Bless you?” a voice said tentatively. Lucius.

*internal shrieking* Guh, exploit my shameful needs, why don't you? Augh, that whole scene behind the tapestry turned me to MUSH.

“How long have you felt ill? You were so cold last night.”

“I'm fine, Lucius.”

“Narcissa...” he said, voice carrying a hint of a warning.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

“And you managed that spectacular dinner regardless,” he said, leaning in to kiss her brow. “What a wonder.

*face squish* I know i shouldn't but I looooove them.

She was asleep before she even realized it. It wasn't until later, when Lucius climbed into bed and wrapped his arms around her that she woke, but it wasn't long until his gentle breathing and warmth sent her right back to sleep. Maybe the house finally did feel like home after all.

:wub::wub::wub:

*Buries face in hands* Don't even look at me, just... thank you.

Archived