Sneeze Fetish Forum

what's the story, morning glory? (FFXV, Prompto, part 1/?)

Snapdragon

Title: what's the story, morning glory?
Fandom: Final Fantasy XV
Characters: (so far) Prompto Argentum, Ignis Scientia
Pairing: Gen with a hint of Ignis/Prompto and maybe Ignis/Noctis if you squint. Maybe others later, I ship all combos of the main 4 guys pretty much equally, so who knows?
Summary: Prompto's spring allergies are giving him trouble, and he receives comfort from an unexpected source.

Prompto knew he was doomed from the moment he'd set foot out of the campsite on his morning run. There's always a couple of weeks every spring where the blooming plants wreak havoc on his sinuses, and it seems he's not exempt from this even outside of Insomnia. The local plant life in Duscae is very different from Insomnia's carefully cultivated greenery, but it seems ragweed is universal.

By the time Prompto finishes his last lap and starts heading back to camp he's in quite a state. His nose is streaming and the way his contacts are scratching his itchy, tearful eyes is just about unbearable. "Heh... h'TSSCH! ht'CHSSsh!" He sneezes a rapid double into his cupped palms. Figures I wouldn't have tissues either, he thinks ruefully, wiping his nose on the back of his hand with a watery sniff.

Ignis is already preparing breakfast when he gets back to camp. Prompto feels his heart plummet to somewhere in the vicinity of his stomach. Sure, they get along well enough (for Noct's sake if nothing else), but he's always felt like Ignis doesn't think much of him at all. (And with good reason, says that ever-present little voice in the back of Prompto's mind, the one that's always telling him he's not good enough.)

It doesn't help that the guy is kind of intimidating. Prompto is pretty sure there's not a single thing Ignis is bad at - he possesses a ruthless tactical mind and nerves of steel and he can cook like a pro? Not to mention he's, like, model-gorgeous and doesn't have a single bad angle. It's unfair, is what it is.

And Prompto's, well... a total mess. In general, and also specifically at this very moment. He knows exactly how he gets during hay fever season - the redness around his eyes and nose that his pale complexion does nothing to hide, the perpetual runny nose that no amount of sniffling seems to satisfy. Not to mention -

"hh'tISCHH! aaISCHH!" Ah, there it is. The constant, gods-damned sneezing.

Ignis looks up from the camp grill as Prompto makes his untimely entrance. “Bless you.”

"H-hey, Iggy," says Prompto, trying to play it cool. He can feel a tickle in his sinuses, and he just knows there's another sneeze on its way; there's never just one. His sneezes always come in pairs, or even threes - sometimes even more, when it's one of those days. Which it looks like it's going to be.

"Morning, Prompto," Ignis says, turning back to his cooking. There's a bowl with a wooden spoon next to the grill, and a half-full punnet of fresh blueberries beside it that they'd picked up from a roadside fruit stall yesterday - blueberry pancakes? thinks Prompto, his stomach grumbling a little at the thought. He's sure they must smell heavenly, but his nose is too stuffed-up to pick up the scent.

He sniffs, trying to catch a whiff of the delicious pancakes - and is overcome by an unbearably itchy, prickly, sneezy sensation. "Hh'gnkt!" Prompto stifles into his curled fist, but the tickle still remains. If anything, it's even worse.

Don't you dare, he thinks to himself, but as usual his nose has other plans. One helpless, hitching breath is followed by another -- he throws his head back, eyes watering, bracing for the inevitable --

"hee’ESCHH! h'tiSSCH! hahh-- ahhISCHEEW!" He's overcome by a shuddery fit, doubling over with sneeze after trembling sneeze. "hh'ihh... hah'ESCHH!!"

Finally, finally, it's over, and Prompto is left winded, bent over with his hands on his knees, his eyes and nose streaming. He's so dazed he barely registers a warm, firm hand brushing his shoulder, while another tucks a handkerchief into his hand.

"Oh, Prompto," Ignis says, his voice low and soothing, running a hand up and down Prompto’s back. “There, you get cleaned up and I’ll fetch your antihistamines.”

“How did you--” Prompto begins.

“It’s my business to know everything,” says Ignis, giving Prompto’s shoulder one last squeeze before he leaves. Prompto dabs at his eyes and nose bashfully with the handkerchief, grateful to have something to hide his blushing face behind. This level of tenderness is something Ignis usually reserves for Noct alone -- a thought which makes him feel breathless and shivery for reasons completely unrelated to hay fever.

Ignis returns with a packet of antihistamines and a flask of water, which Prompto gratefully accepts. He downs two of the small, white pills and swallows them down with a gulp of the water, then drinks the rest of the flask down. Between the run and all the sneezing, he’s worked up quite a thirst.

His thirst quenched, Prompto looks up from the flask to see Ignis back at the grill - ever safety-conscious, he’d turned off the gas and put the batter aside to ensure it didn’t burn before coming to Prompto’s rescue.

“Hey, uh,” Prompto says, voice hoarse and a little shaky. “Thanks, Iggy. For, you know, everything.” He’s blushing again, and can’t quite bring himself to meet Ignis’ eyes when the Advisor turns to look his way.

“Think nothing of it,” Ignis says breezily, adjusting his glasses and brushing a hand back through his perfectly-coiffed hair. “But if you insist on thanking me - help me with these pancakes, then, and we’ll call it even?” He’s the picture of nonchalance, leaning against the grill with a hand on one hip, and Prompto almost wants to hate him for being so effortlessly cool.

“O-oh. Sure,” Prompto replies. “Just - I’ll be right back, okay?” He dashes off into the tent before Ignis can say a word.

(tbc)

Oh my lord, WHAT GAVE YOU THE RIGHT. :lol:

Man, I can feel Prompto's embarrassment over his, ah, "issues" from here, I must say.  I certainly wouldn't want lose my shit in front of Ignis like this.  Shit, he's really cute.  He's so fucking cute!  Helpless.  Ridiculous.  GOODBYE. :sillybounce: 

2 hours ago, Geist said:

Oh my lord, WHAT GAVE YOU THE RIGHT. :lol:

Man, I can feel Prompto's embarrassment over his, ah, "issues" from here, I must say.  I certainly wouldn't want lose my shit in front of Ignis like this.  Shit, he's really cute.  He's so fucking cute!  Helpless.  Ridiculous.  GOODBYE. :sillybounce: 

Aaaaa, I'm so glad you enjoyed! Prompto is ADORABLE, I couldn't resist the temptation to torment him just a little.

Aahhhhhh~ Prompto is such a cutie!!  This is such an interesting pairing, I don't see it often I would love to see more <3

:shocking:

WHAT... WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?!? 

OHGOD. This... I can't... WORDS!?!?!

Lemme try... Ok. THOSE SOUNDS. ALLERGIES. PROMPTO ALL FLUSTERED. 

I've read this THREE TIMES and just... well done, luvy. Well done. 

:rip: 

PROMPTO MY BABE!! Yes.  Just, yes.  This is so stinkin' adorable and I'm so happy.  I only got into FFXV recently, so I'm still learning the characters (and Prompto is by far my favorite) and I can already tell that you captured him perfectly.  I love his embarrassment and frustration, poor guy.  Also HELLO THOSE SPELLINGS.  Those are perfectttt.  Seriously EXACTLY what I imagine him sounding like.  Thank you for this. <3 

15 hours ago, Akahana said:

Aahhhhhh~ Prompto is such a cutie!!  This is such an interesting pairing, I don't see it often I would love to see more <3

Thank you! <3

10 hours ago, Kisa said:

:shocking:

WHAT... WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?!? 

OHGOD. This... I can't... WORDS!?!?!

Lemme try... Ok. THOSE SOUNDS. ALLERGIES. PROMPTO ALL FLUSTERED. 

I've read this THREE TIMES and just... well done, luvy. Well done. 

:rip: 

Omg, I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! <3 Flustered Prompto is such a cutie~

5 hours ago, alias said:

PROMPTO MY BABE!! Yes.  Just, yes.  This is so stinkin' adorable and I'm so happy.  I only got into FFXV recently, so I'm still learning the characters (and Prompto is by far my favorite) and I can already tell that you captured him perfectly.  I love his embarrassment and frustration, poor guy.  Also HELLO THOSE SPELLINGS.  Those are perfectttt.  Seriously EXACTLY what I imagine him sounding like.  Thank you for this. <3 

Aaaa, thank you! Prompto deserves all the love <3

7 hours ago, Coffee Mug said:

Oh no this is just too much!! Gaaaah!! 

Thank you for reading! :D

Eeeeee! This is so good!! :D 

I love Ignis' unflappable competence, and poor Prompto trying /so hard/ to keep it together, and the touch of compassion there, with Ignis helping him out. And I adore your spellings, too, ughhh! Sounds just right. I'm so reading this again another dozen times, yes. <3<3

8 hours ago, TrapRose said:

Eeeeee! This is so good!! :D 

I love Ignis' unflappable competence, and poor Prompto trying /so hard/ to keep it together, and the touch of compassion there, with Ignis helping him out. And I adore your spellings, too, ughhh! Sounds just right. I'm so reading this again another dozen times, yes. <3<3

Aaaa, thank you so much! <3

Literally everything TrapRose said. I am not familiar with this fandom really at all, but I loved the characterization here so much~ I'm such a sucker for situations where Person A is sick/miserable and doesn't expect care from Person B, and then Person B surprises them completely and Person A gets all flustered about it. There's something so heartwarming about it~ And your sneeze spellings are seriously choice. I can hear them in my head and it's wonderful :heart:

I am 100% excited for any new parts to come in the future >w<

55 minutes ago, BlackScatter said:

Literally everything TrapRose said. I am not familiar with this fandom really at all, but I loved the characterization here so much~ I'm such a sucker for situations where Person A is sick/miserable and doesn't expect care from Person B, and then Person B surprises them completely and Person A gets all flustered about it. There's something so heartwarming about it~ And your sneeze spellings are seriously choice. I can hear them in my head and it's wonderful :heart:

I am 100% excited for any new parts to come in the future >w<

Wow, thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, even though you're not familiar with the source material :') (I definitely do rec FFXV if you ever get the chance to pick it up!)

I'm also a sucker for unexpected caretaking scenarios - to absolutely no one's surprise, probably :lol:

This was SO hot, I can't even handle it!! <333333 While all the boys are wonderful, I gotta admit that Prompto is my favorite of the bunch. :inlove: This first part was seriously adorable, I hope you continue with this, Cashew. :biggrinsmiley:

On 21/05/2017 at 3:18 PM, JQLovesSneezes said:

This was SO hot, I can't even handle it!! <333333 While all the boys are wonderful, I gotta admit that Prompto is my favorite of the bunch. :inlove: This first part was seriously adorable, I hope you continue with this, Cashew. :biggrinsmiley:

Thank you so much! Prompto is a total cutie and SO much fun to write, I definitely mean to keep on with this!

• 10 months later...

Archived