Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Redemption" UPDATED July 31,'06 - (7 Parts)

tma

**Disclaimer. I do not own House :wacko: Nor do I make any money or fame or anything off of this**

If for some Bizzare reason you don't watch House, MD (you really should :blushing:) and you want to see a picture of the hottie that this fict. features go here (top left)

Hope people like this. There will be more to come.

It had been a long week. And he knew that it would get worse before it got better. House was constantly on his case. Not that he blamed House entirely. He had essentially betrayed House to Vogler. Reasons why and how things progressed to that point didn't matter. The fact was that it happened.

Chase sighed and ran his fingers through his golden locks. He had been assigned another list of illnesses to run through. This time everything that included rash as a symptom.

Having to pour over endless list of symptoms. The most tedious, most banal type of job in this line of work. Usually broken up or avoided if possible. It was only assigned to one person if it was a punishment. The longer the potential list- the bigger the punishment. Chase had been getting All the punishments lately.

He sniffed and cleared his throat-, which was a little sore. Chase made a mental note to grab some tea when he came to a good breaking point. His nose tickled a little. He absently scrubbed at it with the back of his hand and got back to work.

"So how goes it? What letter is our ace detective up to?"

Damn! For an old man with a limp Dr. house could be as quiet and stealthy as Any predatory animal.

Chase just shrugged and continued to work. At this point as little interaction as he could get with House was a good thing. Hopefully House would get bored and leave.

"Hmmm…. I think that I asked that in English. Let me check." House rattled the questions off in several other tongues, and then slapped his forehead. "How silly of me. It Was in English, but not British." House knew that Chase was Australian but it was still fun to try to provoke a response. Generally he would get one- whether a roll of the eyes, a shake of the head or the exasperated response "I'm Australian." House repeated the questions yet again, this time in a broad Cockney, getting up into Chase's face.

This time there was a reaction, but not the any of the normal ones. The tickle in Chase's nose had come back, stronger. Chase put his hand up under his nose and pressed up under the septum. It backed off. As did House.

"I'm up to D"

"Ah yes, a letter that I am sure that you are intimately familiar with. Hmmm…. Deceit, Defiance, Dodgy, Deaf, Dazed, Dopey…" House said with a pointed glance at the young doctor, who did have a dopey expression on his handsome face.

Chase's jawline had grown slack, and his blue eyes looked dazed and unfocused. "heeeeh…. Eehhh" two soft and shaky inhales. "EiTshhuuhh…EeehhShuh….huh… ah…EhTChmpt" he sneezed into his elbow.

"One D word that remains. Disinfect." Said House with obvious disgust. "Glad to see that you treat your lab coat in so Hygienic a fashion."

Chase looked annoyed but he kept it in check "Well since I'm obviously Not going to be anywhere but at this computer ah…all day. I th…awww..EitChuch…EiiiiShuh"

House shuddered. "Well don't leave your germs strewn all over the keyboard." Then he strode out the door.

Chase sniffed, rubbed his weary eyes and started back in. A couple of hours later Chase took a little stretch, and blew his nose. When he looked up, he saw a slight brunette in a lab coat peering in.

"C..Cameron?" he asked, clearing his throat.

"Dr. House wanted me to see how far along you were."

Chase sniffed lightly and rubbed at the spot between his eyes. "I'm finishing uhhh.. up with wiihh th" his voice wavered and hitched. "the EsShuh… Exgchmpt… Chmpt" he had managed to grab some Kleenex in time and tried stifling the last two into the Kleenex. "Cuse be. The H's" he said looking at the floor.

Cameron walked over and brushed the golden locks from out of his eyes. Suddenly she looked worried. "Chase, you're burning up."

He shrugged and started back into the list. "It's a head cold."

She nodded, but still seemed concerned. "Get some sleep when your shift is up, okay?"

He nodded; not about to tell her that House had him working doubles for the next week. No reason to kill her idealism about her boss. There wasn't anything that she could do anyway. The sinner had to perform penance as part of their absolution, and this was simply part of his.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fabulous! You really nailed it with those characters, especially House. Love the show, love the story. Can't wait to read the rest! :wacko:

Thank you guys Sooo much. I actually managed to type up part two. This is all that I have in the notebook so far.

As he got further along, he noticed that his cold was progressing too. He was alternately freezing and burning, his head was throbbing, and he was miserably congested and achey. Exhausted- but determined Not to ask for a reprieve. He just had to keep at it. He rubbed at his face. "Must keep eyes open" he thought.

A rap on the glass jerked him awake. It was Foreman, and he didn't look happy. "Enjoying hiding away in here? We need that list, and for some reason House thinks that we need you in on the brainstorming."

"Nod done yed." Sniffed Chase, continuing with the list.

Forman gave him a look. "How far along are you?"

Chase looked down at the list. "I'b ub to B"

"What! What have you been doing?" Foreman yelled, coming over to look at the screen. He immediately realized the miscommunication and calmed down. "Oh… you're up to P" he said emphasizing the letter. Then he looked over at Chase again, noting the glassy look in his eyes and the paleness- with a flush to his cheeks and nose.

"Hey, want me to let House know that you're going home? I can finish this."

"No." Chase shouted hoarsely, then proceeded to start coughing.

When he had finished, Forman continued, "Chase, the guy might be a jerk, but he's Not a monster."

"Oh yeah, I'b shuuuh… sure that House would be very glad to leeeh… led be Go" Chase said placing extra emphasis on the word go. An uncontrolled shudder racked his body. "It's juuuh uh… just a ahhh…"Chase's voice trailed off as the tingling sensation in the back of his sinuses grew stronger. But not strong enough.

"Look up."

"Hmmmm?" Chase looked puzzled.

"Just do it. But first, take these." Foreman said shoving a handful of tissues at Chase.

"Okay." As he slowly raised his eyes, the bright lights of the office hit them. Now he knew what Forman was thinking. As the light hit his eyes, the tingling became unbearable. His eyelashes fluttered and his nostrils flared. ""Eiiii Chuh EhhhShuuh..IshhhHuh" they kept coming, bending him at the waist. When he had finished Chase sheepishly murmured a "Beg your pardon."

"Bless you. You were saying?" asked Forman with a cocked eyebrow.

"Not worth giving House a reason to sack me."

Foreman nodded. Unlike Cameron, he understood that line of reasoning. "Well just be sure to get some R&R when you get done. I know several of the nurses that would Love to be your Florence Nightengale" he said with a wink.

That actually forced a grin out of Chase. "Thanks"

**I am determined that the next part Will have House in it. And more Chase torture. Definately.**

I don't have cable (and don't want it!), so I don't watch this show, BUT....I do love your writing I really LOVED the fic!!! I hope that you will continue!!!

~Frack

I don't have cable (and don't want it!), so I don't watch this show, BUT....I do love your writing I really LOVED the fic!!! I hope that you will continue!!!

~Frack

It's cable for you? Because for me FOX available locally. Just curious.

Edited to add that I really love this story :wacko:

would anyone who doesn't watch, like pics of the people in the story? Just wondering because I like to know what people look like when I read some of these stories. :yes: (I know there's a pic of Chase already)

Oh man I am freaking out! :laugh::laugh::lol::laugh::laugh::lol::drool: I think I just melted into a puddle on the floor and that's bad because I have class in fifteen minutes! :yes: Oh well, it was well worth it!!!!!!! I can't wait for more! :D

Oooh... cuteness! I love House - although being English it does still weird me out hearing Hugh Laurie speak in an American accent - he will permenently be Bertie Wooster to me. And also, I remember Jesse Spencer from 'Neighbours' (cheesy Australian soap opera), which is disconcerting. Still, he is undeniably hot, which is why I though this was wonderful. And your writing, of course.

*huge blush* I am Thrilled that people like it! *big grin* :laugh::lol: Am working on more.

I was so hoping that I got the interplay between House and Chase- and Chase and Foreman.

frack- am psyched that you liked! :drool: And it is definately possible to love stuff that you don't know the characters. I love your ficts too - even though I don't always know the fandom. :yes:

Vignette- I started watching it since I noticed Hugh was in it. I basically knew him as the Prince Regent (among other characters) in Blackadder. So I was a little weirded by the American accent also. But (in my humble little opinion) the jabs and extremely dry humour just seem like such a Brit. thing.

scarlet dragon- Love the avatar!! :laugh:

There Will be more- but possibly not till later in the week/early next week- but this muse Is pestering me Big time. lol!

There Will be more- but possibly not till later in the week/early next week- but this muse Is pestering me Big time. lol!

NOOOOO! Can't....... Wait........ That........ Long.......... :yes:

OMG!!!!!! That is so totally amazing! You absolutely NAILED the characters and the interplay between them all. It was like reading a script from the real show!!!!!!!! Which I adore! I love House and Chase! I can't decide which I like more. I'm in awe of you!

Aljana

ooooooh... tasty! :laugh: and so well-written! makes me want to watch the show... but they probably don't broadcast it in the Netherlands...

O Heaven and that man is One Hot Potato... :yes:

Ok.... here is some more. Obviously I am not going to end it where I stop here. But I have to figure out exactly how to get from where I am to where I want to go. lol! Anyway.... I am Sooooo happy that people like this, and I hope that this section does not disappoint anyone.

A few hours later Chase decided to take a break. His fingers had started shaking, and he couldn't seem to keep focused on the monitor. He sniffed and poured himself some hot water. As he sat dunking the tea bag into the steaming water, his mind started to drift.

Back to the day when everything changed. No, not the day when House confronted him about telling Vogler. The day when his father came to the hospital. The day that both worlds collided. He loathed the fact that now everyone seemed to know about his home life. And why? So that House could have something else to toy with. It hadn't made a difference. He hadn't be accepted either way. He knew from experience how to lie low, how to wait things out, and that is what this would take. He just couldn't let House gain the upper hand again. He couldn't show any weakness.

As he brought the steaming mug up to his lips, he breathed in the rising mist. It felt good. It was even clearing his sinuses a little. Unfortunately the clearing process was making his nostrils twitch. The steam tantalized and teased his sensitive nose, coaxing out several harsh, wet sneezes. "huh…. EisChuh… Isshoo… EiTchuh… eistchoo" . He sighed and blew his nose.

Suddenly the door thrust open. There was the source of his ponderings.

"I'm sorry. You are going to have to forego high tea today. We need you in the office."

Chase looked perplexed.

"Don't worry, we'll get a note to the Queen excusing you," continued House.

Chase rolled his eyes. Suddenly a wave of dizziness overwhelmed him. He shut his eyes, gripped the table, and quickly thought of a cover that would buy him a little time to regain his equilibrium.

"Do you want me to bring anything from here?" He picked up the list that he had been working on. "I'm up to U. Do you want…" In a split second the look on his face had changed from focused to vague. House noticed and threw a Kleenex box at him, which Chase missed. "EiiiChuh…. Chuh… huh… eiTchmpt"

"Bless." The way that House spat out the word it sounded more like a curse. "And No thank you I Don't want your germs. I like not being sick- kind of funny that way. Besides, I thought the oath was 'do no harm' not 'infect everyone in a half mile radius' "

"You read the oath?." Chase responded in mock surprise.

"I was bored. Cuddy was lecturing me about something." House answered with a shrug. "But as Fascinating as this conversation is, we should be getting back to discuss a Patient. Trivial little thing, that. By the way, nice catch, Sparky." House picked up the box and threw it back to Chase, who blushed and caught it.

As they walked down to House's office, the dizziness struck again, and Chase started to lose his balance. A life time of having to stay on guard and balance his reactions enabled him to pass it off (hopefully tolerably enough) as tripping over his feet. Which of course was commented on in usual House style.

When the came to the office, the white board was already filled with notes. Cameron looked over, giving Chase smile and a concerned, questioning look.

"Fine" Chase mouthed to her. Cameron just offered back a disbelieving look, and the brainstorming commenced.

As the process went on it was clear to everyone that Chase was Not fine. His responses were slowed and often unclear. He kept stifling sneezes into tissues, that he crumpled into a pile. He was visibly shaking. But House didn't let up, and Chase wasn't going to stop until he was told. This was a showdown, a test of wills.And whatever Foreman or Cameron personally thought they were both bright enough to know not to interfere. They just went on as if nothing was amiss- Cameron passing a nervous glance over at Chase every once in a while.

Archived