Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Noises at the Hearth" - Howl's Moving Castle Fic (m)

Garnet

Here you go, I saw this movie with some friends last night and damnit, Howl begs for allergic torture. Haven't read the book, I don't have time, so this is based purely on the Miyazaki film (which was confusing, but good).

Howl: http://comic.tyfo.com/comic/dmtj/2005324154332/images/1.jpg (no decent pictures of his birdy self, sorry)

Calcifer: http://loveyue.com.ne.kr/Howl/Cera/BESTANIME+chi004.jpg

--------------------------

The muffled click of the door being wearily pushed shut in the wee hours of the morning was not an unfamiliar sound to the denizens of the castle. It was this way nearly every night, for as long as Calcifer could rightly recall. The scrape of taloned feet over the floorboards and rustle of feather-heavy limbs dragging in their wake were similarly common sounds, and it was only natural to hear the slow creak of the chair complaining beneath the nightwalker's weight as he sank down.

It was their nightly ritual, but as the days progressed it was becoming less of a time to unwind, and moreso a period of exhausted relapse.

"Hey," Calcifer prompted, the tiny flame creeping out from between the logs to peer at his friend and master. "You look like something the cat coughed up."

Howl offered him a tiny smile. "We don't have a cat."

Calcifer 'hmmph'ed. Well, he knew what he'd meant. He scootched away warily as Howl propped his claws up upon the hearth and sank backwards with a dull groan. "I'm getting tired of this."

"You should be," Calcifer scolded, sparking briefly at one of the talons as if to implicate that he really didn't appreciate the feet in his face. Howl hardly moved. "Any more excursions like that, I'll be choking on feathers forever. You want to end up trapped like that, like some of those other wizards?"

"Hnh."

It was a small, noncommittal sound, but nevertheless Calcifer’s comment seemed to have inspired some range of thought and motion from the wizard. Picking his head up, the heavily feathered Howl began to draw in upon himself, absorbing those claws and feathers and wings with no small amount of effort until he was more man than bird once more.

Which wasn’t to say that he looked much better. Patches of soot and blood still smeared his pale skin and fine clothes, and little pools of that dark ruby substance still lingered behind him amongst the dust and shed feathers.

He’d inhaled far more of that horrible black carbon than he would have liked, as well, to the point where he could feel the soot and ash and smoke clogging his lungs and burning inside his nose.

To hell with this. Howl crinkled his nose sharply and allowed his head to drop back and the faint fluttering in his sinuses to culminate into a sharp tickle.

“Hih…hh… Hih’ihtshuu!” He sneezed abruptly, throwing his slender body forward and making Calcifer squawk with dismay as the flame ducked away from the resultant spray.

“Hey, hey, turn your head, pal!” He complained loudly. “It’s bad enough I have to deal with Sophie threatening to dump buckets of water on me without unexpected showers from you.”

Allowing a faint grin to creep over his features despite the nagging prickle of another sneezed in waiting, Howl laughed hoarsely. “Sorry, I’ll try to-hhh! Hh’KSHHuu! Heh’Kschht!

To his credit, the wizard had made a little more effort that time, but judging from his living habits and general state of exhaustion, Calcifer was not surprised that he was forced to duck beneath one of his logs again, grumbling.

“You’re not getting sick, are you?” The fire demon prompted cautiously when it appeared safe to peek out again. Howl was bent over in his chair, rubbing fervently at his nose with blue eyes squeezed shut.

“No, it’s ju—uhh… Hih’IHTSHhuu! Just dust,” Howl muttered, still cringing faintly. Damn.

The flame scowled at him with as much expression as he was permitted. “Well good, you can’t afford to be sick at a time like thi—hey, hey,” he broke off, retreating warily as the young man’s breath hitched and nose began to quiver again. “Are you going to do it again?

“Heh’IHSHHuu! I’m sorry, Calcifer, you know I really can’t stop once I st-- .. Heh’HIEShhht! Start.” True, although the explosions did feel enormously relieving to his abused sinuses when they came, the sneezing was beginning to hurt a little in the aftermath. “Heh— HIASCHHuu!

“Jeez, you’re gonna wake Sophie up!” Calcifer hissed, and blinked in surprise when his words seemed to give Howl definite pause.

Swiping at his nose cautiously, the wizard spared a glance towards the curtain that his self-proclaimed cleaning lady slept behind. He flinched, and buried his nose into the crook of his arm to contain the next flurry of irritated sneezes into near silence.

Calcifer frowned. “Bless you.”

Howl sniffled, stifled a quick cough, and offered his companion a drained smile. “Thank you,” he murmured, rising unsteadily to his feet. “Heat up some water, will you Calcifer? I’m going to take a bath.”

And sneeze out the rest of this in peace, Howl mused to himself as he began to climb the creaking stairs. The annoyed grousing of the fire demon in the hearth was a familiar sound.

-----------------------------------

Okay, now I have to see this thing! :rolleyes:

That was cute and sexy and awesome all at once! *giggles like a dork*

Nothing like not being able to stop once you start.....:(

~Akutenshi

SQUEEP!! Thank you so much! The thought of sneezy Howl just makes me want to die with happiness. I love Howl muchly! This story was VERY well done and you had both characters down so well. I am most impressed.

awesome, thank you!

But you should take the time to read the book, Howl is sneezing in it very much! I hate the thought they didn't put this into the movie :laugh:((((

A very nice fic indeed! Where did you see it? Is it still in theatres or can you rent it now?

I saw it at my university. The student union building plays films that have left theaters but haven't hit video yet, usually for very cheap. It's awesome.

• 3 years later...
Guest SwedishDoll1
A very nice fic indeed! Where did you see it? Is it still in theatres or can you rent it now?

I saw it at my university. The student union building plays films that have left theaters but haven't hit video yet, usually for very cheap. It's awesome.

This movie is the best its one of my favorites :P

• 2 years later...
awesome, thank you!

But you should take the time to read the book, Howl is sneezing in it very much! I hate the thought they didn't put this into the movie :P((((

do they by any chance spell out the sneezes? *hopeful*

• 2 years later...

LOL This is great. It's been so long since I read this fic and I found it while watching Howl's Moving Castle!!! On accident too XD

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the e-book and I got to the chapter where Howl sneezes and I have re-read it several times! I don't even know if I'm gonna continue the reading after that part. Akdhcbclei

Archived