Behind the Facade (M) - (2 Parts)

Jorm

Title: Behind the Façade

Author: Raven C.

Fandom: Harry Potter

Rating: PG 13

Pairing: Snape/Vicktor

Genre: Romance (slash)

Spoilers: books 1-6 (takes place during book 6)

Disclaimer: All characters affiliated with the Harry Potter books and movie series are the sole property of J. K. Rowling and Warner Brothers studio. Vicktor is mine. (And yes, I know it’s not the normal spelling of the name.)

Summary: Snape is exhausted and sore from a long weekend pretending to be a death eater and comes down with a cold. His secret boyfriend Vicktor comes for a visit and lends a hand. (And perhaps a little more than just a hand, nudge nudge, wink wink.)

Author’s note: If anyone feels like drawing a picture of Vicktor (with or without Snape) I would love you forever! I can’t draw to save my life, but I would love to have a visual of him outside of my own mind. If you want a more detailed description of what he looks like feel free to PM or e-mail me or you can just draw your own idea of what he looks like.

Behind the Façade

The dying embers of the fire in Severus Snape’s living room at Hogwarts flared suddenly green and a rapidly revolving figure appeared amidst them. It slowed, and finally coming to a halt, stepped calmly out of the grate dusting ash from its sleeves. The man wore not a wizarding robe, but instead a pair of leather pants, motorbike boots, and a worn dragon skin jacket that looked very much second hand. His hair was pulled back into a long brown ponytail and his wand was stuck into a handmade sheath constructed of some strange black material that shimmered almost rainbow-like in the flickering light of the dying fire. Despite his odd appearance the man carried himself with a humble air of dignity. Looking about the room with calm interest, he smiled. It was a very neat room, with everything in its place and not a single item that didn’t have a practical use. Sofa, chair, a bookcase full of large forbidding looking volumes, and a small coffee table were it’s sole furnishings. It had a slightly neglected air, as though it was not often used. ‘That’s just like Severus.’ Vicktor Kabanov thought, shaking his head bemusedly. ‘This room wouldn’t tell anyone what he’s really like. Just another layer of the façade. It could belong to any one of a thousand potioneers alive today, or in the past hundred years for that matter.’ He made his way quietly across the room to a door on the far side and knocked softly on it. Getting no answer he pushed it slowly open and walked inside. This room was much different than the other; less neat, and with personal items like photographs sitting here and there on the dresser or bedside table. In the bed itself, covered by the thick black and silver quilt lay Severus Snape, dark silky hair falling over his sallow yet still strangely handsome face, mouth slightly open, his chest rising and falling gently with each sleeping breath he took. Vicktor stood looking lovingly down at him for a moment before sitting on the edge of the bed and brushing a few strands of hair gently off Snape’s face. Snape blinked and looked up at him in surprise.

“Vicktor!” He said in amazement. “What are you doing here?”

Vicktor chuckled, “I’m here to see you silly. Why else would I be sneaking into Hogwarts in the middle of the night?” He bent forward and gave Snape a long passionate kiss on the lips. “You came all the way from Russia just to see me?” Snape asked, breaking away at last. Vicktor shook his head with a mixture of exasperation and amusement. “No, I came to single handedly overthrow England.” He joked, “Of course I came to see you. People do occasionally visit their significant others you know?”

Snape stared at him for a moment and then chuckled, and then coughed. Vicktor’s smile changed quickly to a frown as Snape’s coughing subsided. “Are you all right, Sev?” He asked, Snape nodded, paused, and then shook his head with a sigh. “I was off all weekend… There was a small fight with some Auror’s, I’m just tired and sore, that’s all.” He pushed himself up onto his elbows and tried not to sniffle even though his nose was beginning to feel stuffed up. He didn’t fool Vicktor though. “Your getting a cold too, aren’t you.” The younger man said looking at him suspiciously. Snape opened his mouth intending to deny the charge, but was cut off by a sudden unexpected sneeze. “AatiSHOO! Eh… heh… hecktCHOO! ISSHOOO!” Which was followed by two more, he slumped back against his pillows breathing heavily.

(More to come)

Yippie!!! *Does a little dance* Snape! Snape! Snape!

"why must he always be gay" - It's so easy to see him as gay, he's kind of a poof. LOL! The story I'm working on has him straight though and I promise more is coming soon, I've just been having a rough period recently. In the next week though probably.

Aljana

Title: Behind the Façade

Author: Raven C.

Fandom: Harry Potter

Rating: PG 13

Pairing: Snape/Vicktor (not Krum)

Genre: Romance (slash)

Spoilers: books 1-6 (Takes place during book 6)

Disclaimer: All characters affiliated with the Harry Potter books and movie series are the sole property of J. K. Rowling and Warner Brothers studio. Vicktor is mine. (And yes I know it’s not the normal spelling of the name.)

Summary: Snape is exhausted and sore from a long weekend pretending to be a Death Eater and comes down with a cold. His secret boyfriend Vicktor comes for a visit and lends a hand. (And perhaps a little more than a hand; nudge nudge, wink wink.)

Author’s note: If anyone feels like drawing a picture of Vicktor (with or without Snape) I would love you forever! I can’t draw to save my life, but would love to have a visual of him outside of my own mind. If you want a more detailed description of what he looks like feel free to e-mail me or you can just draw your own idea of what he looks like.

Vicktor placed a hand against his cheek and began to move it up toward his forehead, but before it got there Snape pushed it rather roughly away. “I haven’t got a fever.” He said irritably, “It’s just a cold, I’ll be fine in a few days.” “Well at least you’ve moved from complete denial to admitting that you do have a cold.” Vicktor said with a slight half smile, “But maybe you should take a day or two off till you’re feeling better.” He added, a look of concern replacing the smile.

“I feel fine.” Snape snapped, “Besides, if I don’t show up to teach a number of the students will no doubt become suspicious.” He continued in a calmer tone.

“But –“ Vicktor began, before Snape cut him off, shaking his head and saying. “It’s no use. Potter and his friends know too much already and Draco Malfoy suspects even more, though I don’t think even he has guessed how close on my trail he really is. No, I can’t afford to miss even a day, not after I’ve already been gone all weekend.” Vicktor wanted to argue this, but one look from Snape told him it was no use. He sighed. “All right, all right, but can’t you at least take it easy? Just assign them some reading or something?” he asked. The only answer he got was another set of sneezes. “Escheww! Ickchhhh!” He sighed again and dug his handkerchief out of his pocket, it was a suprisingly elaborate one, red, with gold dragons embroidered around the edges and a coat of arms bearing a large bear and a crossed sword and staff in the center. He handed it to Snape who took it gratefully and blew his nose, then stifled a large yawn. Vicktor ruffled his hair a little and smiled. “I think you ought to go back to sleep, especially if you’re set on teaching tomorrow, you look pretty tired. I didn’t mean to wake you up in the first place anyway.”

“What about you?” Snape asked.

“What about me?” Vicktor replied, not quite sure what Snape was getting at.

“Well, I doubt I’ll really be in the mood for…” he paused, “What I mean is that I don’t think I’m going to be much… fun, so I didn’t know if you would want to bother staying.” He looked at Vicktor uncertainly. Vicktor gave a sigh of exasperation. “What, do you think the only reason I come to see you is to have “fun” as you put it?” he shook his head, “You really are a fool sometimes, you know that? I come because I like you, Sev. And your being sick (He got a glare from Snape for this, but ignored it.) just makes me want to stay all the more so I’ll know for sure there’s someone taking good care of you.” Snape stared at him. “Now, if you don’t mind, I’ll get into something a little more comfortable and join you in bed?” He finished. “Why would I mind?” Snape asked in surprise. Vicktor shrugged, “Just thought I’d ask.” “You needn’t have.” Snape said. “Well, good, that’s settled then.” Vicktor said, “Scoot over.” Snape shifted obligingly over so that he was taking up less of the bed and a few minutes later Vicktor, now in just his under-shorts and a light T-shirt slipped in under the covers next to him. Snape snuggled up next to him and Vicktor wrapped his arms tightly around the smaller man and gave him another kiss. Snape fell asleep almost immediately, but Vicktor remained awake watching him somewhat sadly, love always seemed so foreign to Snape he thought, the fact that someone could love him for himself and not just for the admittedly great sex they had always seemed to surprise him. “You’ve had it hard haven’t you?” Vicktor asked the sleeping man next to him, pulled him a little closer and fell asleep at last.

Snape woke the next morning to find himself still wrapped in the strong warm arms of his lover, he snuggled closer to him sniffling, and found he could no longer breath through his nose at all. Without thinking he let out a low moan and sat up. “Sev?” Came Vicktor’s sleepy voice from beside him and he turned to see that he had propped himself up on his elbows and was frowning at him. “I’m fine.” Snape said quickly, amazingly managing to keep most of the congestion out of his voice. “You don’t look fine.” Vicktor said his frown deepening. “In fact you look like you might have a fever.” He reached up to place a hand on Snape’s cheek, but it was quickly swatted away. “Forget it.” Snape said, “It doesn’t matter even if I do, which I don’t.” he added with a firm glare. “I told you I can’t afford to miss class, Malfoy is too suspicious of me as it is. Now move over so I can get up.” Vicktor sighed and did as he was told; knowing it would be pointless to argue. Snape winced the moment he stood up and quickly sat back down holding one of his knees. “What’s the matter?” Vicktor asked in alarm. “Nothing.” Snape grunted, “Just an old wound, the fight with the auror’s must have reinjured it. It’ll probably be fine once it loosens up.” “How did it happen the first time? Vicktor asked curiously. “A three headed dog tried to take my leg off because I tried to get passed it.” Snape replied standing up again and forcing himself not to wince this time. He limped to the dresser and pulled on his usual flowing black robes, ten turned back to Vicktor. “You’ll have to stay here I’m afraid, the students would probably panic if they saw a stranger in the castle what with the war and all. I’ll be back around noon and we can have lunch together.” “What about breakfast?” Vicktor asked sitting on the edge of the bed. Snape sighed, “I’d love too, but they’ll be expecting me in the Great Hall.”

I am sorry, childofthesneeze!

I like your story very much, but it is hard for me to think of him as gay (because he is sooo hot).

Please are not angry with me... :(

Fabulous! You've really got Snape's character down pat. I love how he insists he has to teach and that nothing is wrong. Will you show him in class? Or just when he gets back? There is more right? Please? :( I love Viktor's speculation on his rough background and his reason for not believing anyone could love him. SOOOO Cute! I love it. Do continue!!!!

WOW...I am...I mean...I am surprised and... oh god...I start to cry... :cryhappy::D:blushing:

Ok, I will calm down...*takes a deep breath* ok, I prefer allergies and, oh who would I like to see him with...*thinking* I don't know...Is there anyone else he could be with than me? :rolleyes: *joking*

Mhh...I don't know...perhaps a new person, a new teacher for example.

I think you are more creative than me so I will just let you go and stay here excited, waiting for your story. :drool:

Oh Yay!!!!! Can't wait! As you say, sneezy and embaraassed Snape, can it get any better? Yummm!!! I'm so happy you have the same tasts as me. And you are a fabulous writer!

Aljana

Archived