Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Blessings"("prof story" sequel) - (4 Parts)

tma

WARNING: Contains Sap.

ALSO WARNING: Not tons of sneezing yet- some but not much.

"He's not going to bite, you know." Erik said, coming over and gently kissing the nape of my neck.

"That's not what I'm afraid of " I maintained.

"Alright, I promise that Eleanor will keep William in line. And I promise that there won't be any pop quizzes." He laughed. I loved his laugh. Deep and light and melodious. Just hearing it warmed my heart and made me a little less nervous.

"You just laugh because you never had to take any of his tests."

He pouted slightly. "And here I thought that I gave the worst tests in the department."

"So sorry to disappoint you." I said sticking out my tongue just slightly between my teeth.

"Well I suppose that will give me something to aspire to. Maybe I'll just have to ask William for some pointers."

Suddenly a thought occurred to me. "I… I don't have to call him that, do I?"

Again the low, soft rumble of a chuckle escaped his lips. "What? William?" he asked, drawing out and emphasizing the name.

I felt my cheeks growing warm with embarrassment. I knew that although Erik was quite a bit younger than Dr. Kennedy, that he considered him a close friend. I had gotten over most of my qualms about dating a professor. Obviously I didn't take any of Erik's classes- although that didn't stop me from asking for lecture notes from some of his classes that sounded intriguing.

But Dr. Kennedy…he had been my toughest professor. His essay questions were infamous. I studied religiously and each and every exam I thought that I was going to fail. Although I somehow was able to maintain a 3.75.

Dr. Kennedy was in his fifties and was very distinguished, and was the head of the history department. There was No way that I could casually call him "William".

But I wouldn't hurt Erik for all the world, and if he really wanted me to…

Erik began to rub my back and said, "It's ok. I know that it's intimidating. You'll be fine. Honestly. If you are yourself, you'll be brilliant."

I gave Erik a quick hug and he said, "I'll pick you up here at 5:30 on Friday, alright?"

I nodded, and noticed that Erik seemed really tired, so I came around behind him and started rubbing his shoulders. "How is the manuscript coming?"

He sighed a little, "It's coming along. I just got all my term papers read and graded, so now I can just focus on finishing things up to send to the publisher."

"I can drop off dinners, if you want." I didn't want to be pushy, but I knew that he tended to ignore basic self care like eating properly and sleeping, etc., etc when intent on this type of project and if I could take care of something, so much the better.

"That's very sweet of you, but I'll be fine. I really hate having to ensconce myself- but unfortunately it's the only way. I promise that I'll be all yours on Friday."

"Or at least once we're back from dinner." I countered. Then, more seriously, "I know that you've got to get this done, and I know that it will be brilliant, but… I hope that it's not too selfish of me to say this. I'm… I'm gonna miss you." I said hugging him tightly.

"And I you." Erik responded a little choked up. Then he cleared his throat, gave me another quick hug and started toward the door. "See you Friday?"

I nodded and we said our goodbyes. Friday couldn't come fast enough.

"Right on time." I said, opening the door Friday evening wearing a short sleeved v-neck deep purple dress that ended an inch above the knee. It was Erik's favorite. And as he entered I saw him glance appreciatively at the dress. Then he got a dazed, far away look in his blue eyes.

I was puzzled, until I noticed the bouquet that Erik pulled out from behind his back and handed to me.

"Fahhh… ahem for you. EiShuh…Chuh…Eishuh… heeeeh…chmpt." He said, turning away and sneezing into a handkerchief.

I shook my head and chuckled, "What are you doing?"

"Well… I neee… needed something beautiful for such a beauty. EiShuh.. heh… Ishoo… Chmpt…excmpt. Cuse me." Those came a little stronger and he shook his head.

I ran and put the flowers into some water in the kitchen. Coming back I gave him a hug and said, "They're gorgeous. But I still think that you are crazy. Are you Trying to aggravate your allergies?" I managed to question, although truth be told, I adored the gesture and as long as he wasn't suffering too badly I secretly enjoyed the little allergic sneezes. Just strong enough to toss his head forwards and tousle his chestnut hair.

That brought a hint of pink to the tips of his ears- always the first to give a hint to his embarrassment.

Erik cleared his throat. "I… I'm sorry"

I shook my head, "No apologies.. They were beautiful and the gesture was lovely. Just looking out for you, alright?"

He nodded slowly, "Let's get going." I noticed that his voice seemed a little rough but I chalked it up to the combination of allergies, embarrassment and tiredness.

We arrived at the house and Erik seemed to pause briefly with a fist held to his mouth. Then he exited the car and we rang the bell.

A tall, graceful woman in her late 40s greeted us warmly. "Erik, its been far too long." And gave him a quick hug. "And this must be Theresa." She said with a smile.

I simply nodded my head, "You have a lovely home." I said admiring the simple and tasteful décor.

Her smile broadened, "Thank you."

At that moment Dr. Kennedy strolled up and shook Erik's hand. "Eleanor, why don't you show Theresa the garden. I know that you've been dying to show off your new rose bushes."

Her blue-gray eyes sparkled even as she flashed her husband a look for teasing her.

"Would you mind a tour? Ignore my husband. I really Don't foist them on people."

"I'd love a tour." I exclaimed enthusiastically. "I have to confess before hand that I know next to nothing about plants. But I really enjoy a beautiful garden." Then I remembered Erik and looked over at him, biting my lip slightly.

"Don't worry. William will keep him company." Eleanor supplied.

Erik absently rubbed at the bridge of his nose. "Here I thought that I was finally going to be invited back there. You disappoint me."

She chuckled. "Nice try, but I know that you were hoping to corner William into an impromptu review of your last few chapters and this gives you a graceful exit."

Erik wrinkled his nose as if the idea was absurd. But then. "Huh..Retchoo… Etchoo… heh…EiTcoo.. exchmpt." He had turned suddenly and sneezed into the crook of his arm, while his other hand pulled out a handkerchief in which he managed to stifle the last sneeze.

"Bless." I said.

I noticed the puzzled look in Dr. Kennedy's eyes.

Erik blushed and murmured, "Excuse me."

"All right?" I questioned in a hushed tone, not wanting to embarrass him further.

In a regular tone he answered, "I'm fine. Evidently all this talk about the garden was getting to me." And then he winked.

I rolled my eyes at the remark as Dr. Kennedy ushered Erik off to the den.

Those didn't sound like his allergic sneezes. Although I obviously couldn't quite say that without seeming like I complete nutcase. Obviously I didn't mind playing nurse. It was just that resting tending to be a much better plan to get over illness than going over manuscripts "one last time".

But as I wasn't certain and didn't want to make a fuss in front of our hosts, I let it drop.

Yeah, I'm with Dom on this one, I don't care if you think it's sap or not, it's freakin' BRILLIANT! I love it. I do hope poor Erik is coming down with a cold of some sort? :laugh:

And thanks for sharing. You have been busy, haven't you tma? :blushing:

Sneesee- hehehe... *nods* I have been occupied- although I had some of this written a while ago just was slow in coming. And would I do that to Erik? :blushing:

*blush* thanks guys.

There will be more.

Eleanor was justifiably proud of her garden. It was breathtaking. It had just the perfect combination of manicured and natural. I couldn't tell precisely what types of flowers were in it. But the effect was lovely and I longed to sit out there on a blanket under a tree.

After the tour we came back in and sat down to dinner. Erik was to my right, Eleanor to my left, and Dr. Kennedy directly across from me.

Just before we ate Erik excused himself and headed for the bathroom. After a bit he came out, and I wasn't sure if I was imagining it, but his nostrils looked a little pink and his eyes seemed tired. Although with having had a tough week the cause was difficult to ascertain.

The conversation wasn't nearly as difficult as I had thought that it would be. Eleanor was a perfect compliment to her husband. The perfect hostess who seemed to effortlessly keep her husband in check and keep everyone comfortable.

I am afraid that I did allow myself to be distracted by soft little sniffs and throat clearings coming from my right.

After dinner Dr. Kennedy looked over at Erik and asked, "So, how was Theresa's cooking?"

I had no idea where that question came from but it was quite apparent that I was the only one that didn't get the connection (since obviously I hadn't cooked dinner that evening). Eleanor looked wryly amused and Erik's ears had turned a dull red.

He was clearly taken off guard, and tried to gain himself some time by clearing his throat and giving his nose a quick scrub with the knuckle of his right forefinger.

"Sh-she's an ex-excellent cook." He said, shooting Dr. Kennedy a look.

Meanwhile, I glanced questioningly over at Erik. Obviously I was the only person out of the loop and I didn't intend to let things stay that way.

"I'm certainly glad that you think so." I said with a deceptively sweet smile. "But why the sudden interest?"

A slight choking sound escaped Erik's lips- so I pressed on. "In fact, I don't remember the last thing that I made for you." At that Erik started coughing violently. Bullseye.

I went over to him and patted him on the back. "Refresh my memory." I said, rubbing his shoulders with a wicked smile.

"Yes." Murmured Dr. Kennedy. "For as much as we've heard about it the past week…" and let the sentence trail off.

This past week. The "ensconced" week. The week that he couldn't see me or let me bring him dinner? They had heard from him during That week? I was starting to put the pieces together and was feeling a cross between amusement and annoyance.

I looked over at Erik in time to see him give a slight shudder just before giving into a series of sneezes. "heeeh..Eichoo…EiShoo..huhReTchoo…chmpt." The last was stifled with another brief shudder.

He cleared his throat and mumbled a husky "Excuse me." As a blush began to stain his cheeks.

The annoyance that I had previously felt started to melt away. He was obviously sick and needed to get home. The grilling could easily commence another time, but now was not the time for it.

I stood up and made a move towards the doorway. "Well this has been a lovely evening, but I'm afraid that we have to be leaving."

Erik opened his mouth to protest, "I'm sorry, but…"

I swiftly interceded, "Your hospitality was wonderful but unfortunately I forgot this when I scheduled an early morning tutoring session. Cursed morning people. Erik, you really don't need to apologize to the Kennedy's on my behalf. It's my fault for not remembering. And seeing as how we are among friends; some things are understood."

Eleanor nodded and smiled giving us both quick hugs and wishes us well.

Dr. Kennedy shot Eleanor a glance and seemed to give me an assessing look.

"William will get your coats. Why don't you follow him, Theresa? Erik, I want to give you the mission safely caring home some leftovers."

"Will there be pie included?" Erik querried.

"Of course. That's why I'm sending William away. You can take a bigger slice." She said with an indulgent smile.

I walked with Dr. Kennedy to the front hall closet.

"Well played young lady."

"What?" then I noticed the gleam in his eyes. He knew what I had been about. "Thank you sir."

"You must forgive us old men with our academic pursuits, we often tend to forget that while trying not to bore or impose on others that we sometimes shut the door a bit too tightly."

I nodded. "It's alright. Erik is very fortunate to have good advice and wise counsel."

Dr. Kennedy automatically helped me into my coat and I was about to take the other when he said, "You know, he was So very eager to show you off tonight. You are a credit to him."

Wow! Tears started to pick at the corners of my eyes. That was all that I had dreamed of hearing, but never thought that I would. I swallowed and whispered, "Thank you sir."

YAY! Erik is gonna be sick! You know I will be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more! So, get crackin'! :blushing: Just teasin'! This is so yummy!

Two stories in one day - you're spoiling us! Not that I'm complaining or anything. I loved your other 'professor stories' - they're some of my favourite sneezefics - so I'm uber happy that you've written more. Erik with a cold... I'm melting at the thought of it! Thanks so much for sharing this.

"Bless." I said.

I love that you wrote that! One time during the last part of yoga when we were all supposed to be laying there in corpse pose being very quiet and tranquil, some girl broke the silence with a sneeze. Everyone laughed for a second, and the instructor said "bless." I was like oh, how pretty that sounds! I hope you'll continue with this. It's awesomely sappy!

yay!!! tma!!! :D I just adore your Erik character!! his adorable!! and he's always blushing....awwwww :laugh: hehehe :D

Thanks for writing about him again! I love it so far!!

:D Of Course he's always blushing.... he's cute that way. lol!

I am Really flattered that you guys are enjoying this- and Ren welcome to the forum- totally made my day to see that your first post on here was to this thread. I am Totally honoured and don't know what to say other than "thanks" :D

That was all I had in the "sacred notebook" but I have some more ideas and am planning on writing more this afternoon. The Plan (whether or not it happens is another story) is to post some more before wkend. Or by Mon. at Latest.

Thank you guys SO much for all the nice words. They really mean a lot. :laugh:

Alright... after getting brutely whipped... ^_^ (which I loved- since it was all in love. ^_^ ).

Anyway... here is more. Hope you guys have as much fun with it as I'm having. :laugh:

A/N- cookie if you get the book where the quote is from (isn't tricky- it's just that I'm goofy).

Partly as a concession to his pride, and partly due to the fact that it was his car, I made no comment when Erik opened the passenger side door for me before getting in to drive us home.

Just after he got into the car, Erik quickly turned, pulled his handkerchief out of his back pocket and stifled a pair of sneezes into it. "huh..EhTchmpt…eichmpt"

"Bless." I responded.

He cleared his throat, "Cuse be." He sniffed.

An awkward silence descended on the car and we continued on our way.

Finally I broke the silence. "About tonight…" I started hesitantly. I didn't want to get into an argument but obviously the topic would have to be raised. Better to get it over with, I figured.

"I'm sorry." We both managed to say almost in sync.

I chuckled with the irony of the situation and the light feeling that I now had having gotten that out of the way with such good results. "I was hoping that you wouldn't be too upset with me for getting us out of there early. I know how much you were looking forward to spending time with them."

He looked over at me with a rueful grin. "Actually, I believe that I owe you one. I'm stahhhh.. starting to…" he wrinkled his nose a little, "get ahhh Etchuh…huhReShuuh."

Thankfully we were driving on quiet roads, so Erik simply turned his head quickly and tried to sneeze into his left shoulder. His shook his head a little to clear it, and then pushed up his glasses; a little gesture that I always found adorable.

"To get a cold. Yeah, that is true, excepting that I'd change the tense on that verb from the infinitive to just past tense to be more accurate."

Erik shook his head, "Again you presume too much. I was Going to say that I was starting to get a headache. I would have thought that by now you would have learned about trying to put words in my mouth." He said with a little smirk.

Of course I couldn't resist countering, "And I would have that by now you would have realized how persistent I am when it comes to taking care of you."

"You meant obstinate, didn't you?"

"I just have endurance."

"Stubbornness."

By this time we had pulled into my driveway. We got out and I went over to him and putting a finger over his lips, and looking him straight in his beautiful blue eyes I said, "Faithfulness."

Evidently I had won my point because he just drew me closer to himself.

"Lie down." I commanded, full of my newfound power. Erik merely looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I chuckled seeing the humor in the situation. "Alright." I said, "Erik K Hansmeier would you Please lie down?"

He shook his chestnut head and smiled while scrubbing at his nose with his right fist. "Getting Seussian on me now, are you?" and then he went over to the couch and sat down.

"Well I'm glad to see that you are well versed in literary classics. And you can shake your head all you want, at lease you are sitting now."

Erik raised an eyebrow and said nothing.

awwww!! I am So happy that you are enjoying this. Not entirely certain where it is going to go storyline wise- but I know that there is definately going to be more.

• 3 weeks later...

This is lovely! I can't wait for more. I'm a sucker for sap, and you can't get better than sick and sneezy sap! :)

yay!!! :rolleyes: I just love his blushy and stubborness!!!! ohhh and i adore how he tries to sometimes talk through his sneezes its so cute and funny and stubborn-like hahaha :bday: Its wondeful tma!!!! thanks for bringing back this character cuz I love him!!

Thank you guys SO much for all the really nice compliments. I am so glad that you are liking this. I :P Erik. He is just too sweet. lol!

Here is some more. I'm not Quite certain how I'm going to go from here. Will have to see.

I repeated myself , starting to feel a little warm.

"Well… I don't see any coffee."

I shook my head and grinned. "Nope. No coffee. I'm certain that you've had More than enough of that this past week."

At that, he ducked his head, "Guilty as charged." He said with a little sniff. "Hmmm… well, if it's not coffee, and it's not tea…" he gave me a pointed look over the rims of his glasses, and I felt myself start to blush. "In that case, I just might Have to get up." He said, and slow grin starting to grow as he began to rise.

I noticed that as he started to get up, he scrubbed lightly at his nose. I knew that his nose was still a bit ticklish. I found myself divided. Thankfully Erik didn't seem to be feeling awful. And that was good. But… well- it made it a little harder for me to know how to react. Part of me wanted to fuss over him, another part wanted to ravish his slightly trembling lips with my own and tell him the way that he made me feel.

As I was mulling this over, Erik's features transformed themselves. Eyelashes slowly fluttering, blue eyes looking distant and misty behind his wire frames. His right hand automatically reaching into his back pocket as his left was held up towards his mouth. Oh god… his mouth. What was I thinking? I didn't quite know. All I knew was that despite myself, despite my trepidation at seeming perverted or odd or disgraceful, I was mesmerized. Drawn like a moth to light. I watched as it took hold of him and he threw back his chestnut head and succumed.

"huh… Etchuh…huhReTchuh Chmpt." He ducked his head a bit, and pushed back up his glasses, which had managed to slide down a little. That was another gesture that for some reason I always found endearing.

He cleared his throat and said "Excuse me" his voice a little deeper and just slightly raspy. Then he lifted his eyes to me and must have wondered at the look on my face. "Are you alright?"

I didn’t' know what to say. So I drew him close to me and gave him a hug. Buried in the safety of his embrace I just nodded.

• 6 years later...

Archived