Sneeze Fetish Forum

5 Times House took Care of Wilson

aggedy_ann

Title: 5 Times House took Care of Wilson (yeah, I'm creative)

Fandom: House MD

Characters: Primarily House and Wilson, may be cameos by other characters in later chapters

Summary: I think the title explains it all; set in 5 drabbles

Disclaimer: Not mine

Rating: G

What can I say, I finished the comfort series and was feeling a void.

A/N for part 1: This takes place pre-infarction, liberties taken with when each started at PPTH, and all that stuff that hasn't been explained by the series.

Five times House Took Care Of Wilson

The First Time:

House had been working at Princeton-Plainesborough for a year when a new oncologist took the office next to his. A few days after the Wilson had started, he had been forced to go over to his office for a consult on a patient. He had taken a liking to the bright eyed, cheerful man, and for some reason, Wilson seemed to like him as well. He wasn’t going to question that, however.

They worked together for several months and found that they enjoyed each other’s company, and even began spending more time together outside of work, forming a comfortable kind of friendship, much to the dismay of Wilson’s wife.

Winter had hit New Jersey hard this year. Not that House minded. He enjoyed winter, more particularly, he enjoyed the random snowball fights in the parking lot or whitewashing unsuspecting doctors in the mounds of snow that surrounded the parking lot.

It was this habit of his that Wilson partially attributed to the state that he found himself in now. That, and the influx of cold and flu patients in the clinic. He had noticed as he was going to bed last night that he had a headache and a bit of a sniffle in his nose, but attributed it to a stressful day and the cold weather. This morning, however, had been another story. The sniffle had grown into full blown congestion, and he was glad that Abby had gone to visit her family in Maine for the week so he didn’t have to feel guilty about keeping her awake with his louder than normal snoring.

House had been busy all day with a difficult case and Wilson had had patients all day; of course, he had worn a mask to keep from infecting his patients if he was, in fact, coming down with a cold; so their paths had not crossed except for over a brief lunch.

“Hihh-chushhh, huhhruhhshhh…ruhhhshuhhh, huhhhshuuu.” He grabbed a tissue from the emptying box on his desk, blew his nose, and tossed the tissue into the filling trashcan under the desk. Massaging his temples, he glanced at the clock. Nearly 5. After he finished up a few things, he could drag his weary body home, crawl into bed and fully succumb to the growing realization that he was catching cold. He just hoped he could get out of the hospital without anyone stopping him.

His door burst open, that hope dashed. He looked up to see House standing there. “Hey, want to grab a bite for dinner? Maybe head back to my place, crack open a couple of beers? Devils are playing the Kings.”

“Umm, I think I’m just going to head home.” He hoped he was able to mask the congestion in his voice.

“Why? You told me today Abby’s in Maine for the week. You’re a free man.”

“I’m a bit tired. Think I might just head to bed early.” He tried to discretely rub his nose and block an oncoming sneeze.

“I won’t make you pay this time.”

“What about Stacy?”

“She’s at a law conference in Boston. C’mon, it’ll be fun.” House looked so eager that it was hard to say no to him.

But Wilson had to try. He opened his mouth to respond, failing and sneezing instead. “Uhshuhhh, hihhshuhhh…uhhhruhhshhh, ruhhhshushhh.”

House looked at him closely. The lighting was dim – Wilson must have a headache. The brunette’s nose was slightly red and tender looking at the tips, and the sneezes sounded rather congested. A glance at the tissue box on the desk confirmed that suspicion; the level had drastically decreased since yesterday, indicating that Wilson had been using the tissues rather frequently. “Caught a cold?” He perched on the edge of the desk.

Wilson blew his nose wearily. “Certainly seems that way. So I’d just like to head home and go to bed. Sorry. Maybe another night.”

“Take anything?”

“Tylonel. Cuddy forced some pseudoephedrine on me in the clinic. I’ll stop and get something on the way home.” Shutting down his computer, he stood up and reached for his winter coat.

“It’s really cold out. You’re not going to want to stop at the store. Come back to my place. I’ve got some cold medicine. We can order some food. If you’re really tired, you can crash on the couch or in the guest room.”

“I really should just go home. Wouldn’t want to infect you.”

“If you’ve got the cold that’s been going around, I had it two weeks ago. Damn sneezing kids in the clinic.” Wilson nodded his agreement. “C’mon. You don’t really want to go home to an empty house, do you?”

Wilson sighed. House, as usual, was right. He really feel like going home to his empty house right now. “Fine.” He picked up his briefcase and headed towards the doorway. He followed House to the parking lot, then followed in his car to House’s apartment.

House unlocked the front door and switched on the TV, jerking his head towards the couch to indicate to Wilson that he should sit down. Wilson hung up his coat and suit jacket and slipped off his wing-tips before sitting down on the couch. He heard clanging in the kitchen, and was momentarily worried. Fortunately, it stopped after a few seconds and House came back in the room with a beer and a glass of orange juice. House set the beer on the coffee table and continued to the bathroom. Emerging a few seconds later, he handed Wilson a thermometer. “I’m assuming you know what to do with this.”

Wilson nodded, sticking the thermometer under his tongue until it beeped. He swapped House the thermometer for the orange juice and pills the older doctor held out.

“100.2°”

Wilson nodded, swallowing the pills. “I figured.” He sighed, rubbing his arms. House stood up and disappeared again, returning a few moments later with a couple pillows and a quilt.

“Lie down.” House set the pillows on one end of the couch and draped the blanket over Wilson. “There’s soup and tea heating up in the kitchen. Nothing fancy. Canned chicken noodle. I think the tea’s lemon or something. I’m not the greatest at this, so bear with me.”

“So far, you’re better than Abby.” He tried to laugh at that comment but quickly launched into a fit of harsh coughs. He felt House help him sit up and rub his back until the coughing subsided, then hand him his glass of juice.

“Just rest. Dinner’ll be ready soon, then it’s Hockey-time.”

Awww! This is so cute!

And, thanks to watching the entire first season of House MD in the past two days, I can safely say that House and Wilson would totally act like that! (pre-infarction, that is...) :lol:

Love it, and can't wait for more!

BTW, the ending to your former series was very :angry: and :lol: . Thanx!!!!

Well I love it when you're feeling a void. Please don't go out and get an interesting hobby or anything! :lol:

It was this habit of his that Wilson partially attributed to the state that he found himself in now. That, and the influx of cold and flu patients in the clinic. He had noticed as he was going to bed last night that he had a headache and a bit of a sniffle in his nose, but attributed it to a stressful day and the cold weather. This morning, however, had been another story. The sniffle had grown into full blown congestion, and he was glad that Abby had gone to visit her family in Maine for the week so he didn’t have to feel guilty about keeping her awake with his louder than normal snoring.

AWWWW!!! *snuggles Wilson*

She’s at a law conference in Boston. C’mon, it’ll be fun.” House looked so eager that it was hard to say no to him.

But Wilson had to try. He opened his mouth to respond, failing and sneezing instead. “Uhshuhhh, hihhshuhhh…uhhhruhhshhh, ruhhhshushhh.”

House looked at him closely. The lighting was dim – Wilson must have a headache. The brunette’s nose was slightly red and tender looking at the tips, and the sneezes sounded rather congested. A glance at the tissue box on the desk confirmed that suspicion; the level had drastically decreased since yesterday, indicating that Wilson had been using the tissues rather frequently. “Caught a cold?” He perched on the edge of the desk.

Wilson blew his nose wearily. “Certainly seems that way. So I’d just like to head home and go to bed. Sorry. Maybe another night.”

That whole thing was just TOO cute in SO many ways. House being all House enuthisiatic.... totally made me grin. god- the trying and failing to respond thing :winkkiss: SOOOO love that.

I just love how House was House (a Little less edge as would fit pre-infarction) but still was caring and nice and everything. Can't wait to see more.

Great start. Got very excited upon seeing the title. Gotta say though, I was hoping that it would be something like "five times House took care of Wilson and one time he didn't" (as in, one time House was sick!) but I have to say sick!Wilson is growing on me, thanks to your fics...so I'm really looking forward to the next part...

silentdreamer789

Thanks guys.

Vetanari - a hobby? What's that? I gave my life to Anatomy and Physiology this semester. Wilson and Chase and the other muses demand the rest of it.

Silentdreamer - Hmmmm...I didn't think of that. Maybe I'll have to write an epiloge...the one time House didn't...we shall see where this takes me.

And now lookie here, it's part 2:

The Second Time: (also pre-infarction)

House leaned back against the couch and propped his feet on the coffee table. Stacy was in Boston for a conference, leaving him to his own devices. Wilson had blown him off…date night with the wife, so he was left alone at the apartment to watch bad movies and drink beer.

Around 12:30, he heard a banging on the door followed by some odd muffled sounds. “Coming.” He called, dragging his tired body off the couch and heading to the door. He pulled open the door to see Wilson standing in the hallway, reeking of booze and stale cigarette smoke, crumpled handkerchief clutched in his fist.

“Thought it was date night.”

“It was. Can I come in?”

House shrugged, stepping aside. “I’d offer you a beer, but judging by your breath, you’ve had plenty to drink. Plus,” he nodded over to the coffee table, “last one.”

Wilson brought the handkerchief to his nose, turning away from House. “Huhhrchishhh, hahchishhuhh.” He sat down on the couch and sighed.

“So, I’m guessing you and Abby had a fight; you went and sat down at a bar for the night, missed the time for your allergy pills, and for some reason, wound up here instead of going home.”

“Too far to walk.” Wilson shrugged. “Didn’t think I should drive.” He blew his nose into his soggy handkerchief. “And yeah, didn’t bring allergy pills with me, and with the smoke and desperate women drenched in perfume irritating my nose further, I feel like sitting there to sober up.”

He looked up to see House walking back into the living room. “I heard everything you said. Just thought I’d close the windows.” He slid a box of tissues across the coffee table to Wilson and clicked the air conditioning on.

“So what’d you fight about this time?” House pried. “And how much did you have to drink?” He turned and headed towards the kitchen.

“I had plenty to drink. Ihhhchushhh. And the usual. Work hours, starting a family. I don’t want to talk about it. Uhh-chushhh, huhhrushhhoo. Ugh.”

House set a glass of water on the table and headed down the hallway. “Neither do I.” He called. He returned to the living room, carrying a bottle of pills and a couple blister packets of pills. “Diphenhydramine or Chlorpheniramine?”

“Chlorpheniramine, I guess. Diphenhydramine just makes me sleep, Huhh-chuhhh doesn’t do anything for the symptoms.” He took the packet of pills House tossed him and swallowed one. “Thanks.” He looked quizzically at the two white pills House held out. “What’s that?”

“Aspirin.”

“I don’t have a headache.” Wilson protested.

“You will once the booze wears off.” House smirked. “Planning on spending the night?”

“I’m not up to driving. Unless you want to take me home, yeah. Abby’s pretty pissed; it’ll just be worse if I call her. You mind?”

“Nope. The couch is yours.” He grabbed some pillows and a blanket out of the hall closet. “Stacy’s doing some redecorating in the spare room, so that’s off limits right now.”

“Couch is f-fine. Hihhhchuhh. The sneezing will stop eventually. I promise.”

“Good. Say, you’re not going to be snoring like a chainsaw tonight, are you?”

“Considering it’s allergy season and I’m pretty drunk, most likely.”

House sighed. “This is what I get for taking care of you.”

“I’ll buy lunch tomorrow before I head home.” Wilson set the pillows on one end of the couch, lying down draping the blanket over himself as House slumped in the armchair.

“Deal.” He flipped through the channels to find another bad movie and kicked his feet up on the coffee table, watching as his drunk, allergy stricken friend passed out.

Awwwww!!! I can totally see drunk, rumpled, allergy-striken Wilson... and it is just so cute. Damn... I SOOOO have to be the 4th Mrs. Wilson- maybe if we move out to Utah and I could have him, and the s.o.- alternate or something :drool:

*snuggles Wilson- feels sorry for him feeling frustrated, down and miserable after Abby (growls at her)*

Anyway... thanks so much for writing this it is Mucho addictive!

Vetanari - a hobby? What's that? I gave my life to Anatomy and Physiology this semester. Wilson and Chase and the other muses demand the rest of it.

Well writing is my favourite hobby!

Anatomy......30 muscles in a dog's back leg.....learning the origin, insertion, inervation and action of all of them......and then moving to the front leg...... :dribble: I'm crying at the very thought of anatomy.... :drool: Must get.... :dribble:

Physiology was a bit more interesting in my opinion. I'm sure you're much cleverer than me! And you probably actually do some work occasionally.

Back to the wonderful Wilson. I presume he was sufficiently inebriated that he failed to cover at least some of those sneezes! :dribble: What a wonderful picture.

My god, I could just EAT this for breakfast. It is so cute. And I really, really adore reluctant caretakers. You do come up with some fabulous ideas, I think I shall have to bribe your muses to demand even MORE of your brain, if this is the result... :winkkiss:

But umm, yes...study is important too! :)

Awwwww!!! I can totally see drunk, rumpled, allergy-striken Wilson... and it is just so cute. Damn... I SOOOO have to be the 4th Mrs. Wilson- maybe if we move out to Utah and I could have him, and the s.o.- alternate or something :P

*snuggles Wilson- feels sorry for him feeling frustrated, down and miserable after Abby (growls at her)*

Anyway... thanks so much for writing this it is Mucho addictive!

He needs snuggles. Unfortunately (fortunately?) House isn't hte one to do so.

Anatomy......30 muscles in a dog's back leg.....learning the origin, insertion, inervation and action of all of them......and then moving to the front leg...... :bawl: I'm crying at the very thought of anatomy.... ;) Must get.... :drunk:

Physiology was a bit more interesting in my opinion. I'm sure you're much cleverer than me! And you probably actually do some work occasionally.

Back to the wonderful Wilson. I presume he was sufficiently inebriated that he failed to cover at least some of those sneezes! :D What a wonderful picture.

I'm just at the beginning of the course (stupid chemistry). It's going to be my biggest challenge I think. And then, next, I get to take advanced. Oh joy. And work...why do you persist in using words I don't understand. No, seriously, I spend like hours studying. It's like 3 or 4 hours a week for my other 3 classes and then like 10 for A&P.

And of course he was inebriated enough that there was not always coverage. Especially once he started falling asleep and the combo of booze and tiredness made him a little slower when the tickles struck. Mmmm....sleepy, sneezy Wilson. :)

My god, I could just EAT this for breakfast. It is so cute. And I really, really adore reluctant caretakers. You do come up with some fabulous ideas, I think I shall have to bribe your muses to demand even MORE of your brain, if this is the result... :twisted:

But umm, yes...study is important too! :innocent:

I don't think it's possible for them to have anymore of my brain. I sit there, trying to focus on classes or studying or homework, and Someone has to be wrongy at some point. Maybe when I need to focus, I should stop wearing the honeysuckle stuff that inspires such a reaction in Chase.

The muses and I are working on an arrangement...help me with homework and then I torture you. :twisted: I knew having doctor muses would pay off.

And I do love the reluctant caretaker vibe.

And now for the next part (and this is for tma, since I wanted to have 2 parts allergies and 2 parts cold, and couldn't decide what to do for the leftover part, so it's cold And allergies per her suggestion. As well as a few other things that we discussed.)

The Third Time:

House looked up as he heard his office door open. He was caught by surprise when he saw a floral arrangement with legs entering. “But, I didn’t get you anything.” He protested as the vase was set on a table.

A cough came from the man behind the plant and Wilson appeared, looking much more miserable than he had been the last couple days. House knew his friend had been fighting a cold for the last week, but he should be looking better, not worse. “Just take theb for dow.” He walked away from the flowers and closer to House, furiously rubbing his nose.

House took a good look at the flowers. “Lilies. Who’s the affair with?”

“I’m not having an affair.” Wilson gave a deep sniffle, wiggling his nose a little to attempt to alleviate the itchiness. “They’re from Bonnie.” His voice rose on the last syllable, and he swiftly brought his elbow up to his face. “Huhhrushhh, ruhhshhh…ahhhrushhhhuhh, ehhrishhh.” House watched as the sneezes didn’t stop with Wilson’s typical cold set, but continued into a harsh convulsive fit that lasted for several minutes, punctuated by short gasps for air in between.

“What’d you do to piss her off?” House asked when the fit concluded, digging in one of his desk drawers for a box of tissues. Locating said box, he slid it across the desk to Wilson so the younger doctor could tend to his drippy nose.

“Dothig.” Wilson gave his nose several loud powerful blows and sighed. “If you want to pursue this topic, can we at least do so in my office.” He jerked his head towards the flowers. “Away from those.” He suggested nasally.

House rolled his eyes. “Fine.” He grabbed his cane from its spot on the floor and slowly rose out of his chair. He stiffly followed Wilson into the oncologist’s office and draped himself in a chair. “So, what did you to to Bonnie?” He asked again.

“I told you. Nothing. She felt bad because I’m sick and wanted to do something nice for me.”

“Sure. Because a wife wants to do something nice for her husband, she sends him the flowers that he is desperately allergic to.” House said as the phone rang.

Not wanting to deal with handling the phone and maneuvering tissues to his runny, itchy nose and watering eyes, he hit the button for the speakerphone.

“This is Dr. Wilson.” He tried to hide the congestion in his voice, or, at least avoid sniffling.

“James, honey?”

“Hey, Bonnie.” House interjected. “Are you a complete moron or did Wilson here do something that he won’t tell me about?”

“House, shut up.” Wilson muttered.

“What?!” Came Bonnie’s voice from the speaker. “James, what is he talking about? And why is he talking to me? Do you have me on speaker?”

“James is a little busy with his tissues to hang on to the phone right now.” House gave his attempt at “helping.”

“House, be quiet. She didn’t do anything. I didn’t do anything. She doesn’t know.” Sighing, he reached for another tissue.

“I don’t know what?” Bonnie asked, somewhat anxiously.

“Hold on. He’s going to sneeze again.” House told her.

“Huhhchushhh, uhhchuhh…huhhchuhhh, huhhrchushhh…uhhhrushhh, ruhhshhhh…ruhhhshehhh, hhaahhrishhhahhh.” He blew his nose as thoroughly as he could, not caring how it sounded. After all, both House and his wife had been listening to him sneeze and blow his nose for the past week.

“James, what don’t I know?” Bonnie was more suspicious. “What’s going on?”

“It’s nothing.” He cringed at hearing how congested he sounded. “I got the flowers you sent.”

“Don’t try to change the subject. What is going on?”

Wilson sighed. “I’m not. It’s just, you sent me lilies, and I’m rather allergic to them. I just never thought about telling you.”

“Why not?” House asked.

“Because it never came up. Now be quiet. Or be useful and find me an antihistamine.”

Grumbling under his breath, House stood up and left the office as Bonnie began apologizing profusely to Wilson. At least he didn’t have to sit there and listen to them. He headed for the clinic and pestered Cuddy until she gave him a couple Claritin samples and some saline to try to flush the irritants from Wilson’s eyes in a way that wouldn’t damage his contacts or corneas. As thanks for the drugs for Wilson, he told her to stop by and pick up the lilies later. He was sure Wilson wouldn’t mind, and he sure as hell didn’t want them.

He knocked on Wilson’s office door and came in. Wilson was sitting, hunched over, at his desk, gently rubbing at his eyes. “Stop that. You know that makes it worse.” He handed the pills to Wilson, watching as he took one. “So what did the wife have to say about all this?

“That she was really sorry and had no idea and would make it up to me tonight.”

“Why didn’t you tell her before this? Aren’t health issues something a wife should know about her husband?”

“She knows about the major things. She knows about my asthma and that I’ll go into anaphylaxis if I’m stung by a wasp. And she’s seen that I have seasonal allergies. This is one I never thought of specifically mentioning; I never really thought it would be an issue. I mean, I’ve never bought her any flower arrangements with lilies in them. I figured she would have picked up on that.”

“She’s not that observant.” House commented wryly. “Come over to the couch and lie down.” He commanded.

“Why?” Wilson was wary.

House sighed. “You’ve got your contacts in, so any antihistamine drops are out. Your eyes are pretty red and judging by the way you’ve been rubbing at them and around them, they itch pretty badly. So I got some saline solution to try to rinse them out.”

Wilson nodded, standing up. “Hold o-unnshooo, uhhhshuhh…hitschuhhh, itschhhh.” He managed to hold back the last one somewhat and blow his nose again before walking over to the couch. He lay back and held one eye open and then the other while House flushed them out with saline.” He blinked several times and closed his eyes. “Ugh. Thanks.”

House sat down in Wilson’s desk chair and kicked his feet up on the desk. “You know you’re an idiot, right?” He asked.

“Shut up, House.”

“Go to sleep, Wilson.” He rolled his eyes as his friend scrubbed at his nose and drifted off for a nap.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was SOOO... :laugh::lol::innocent::jawdrop::cryhappy:

I just LOVE how House kept asking Wilson what he did to piss off Bonnie- that is so him, and him asking her (to be "helpful", of course :heart: )

Not wanting to deal with handling the phone and maneuvering tissues to his runny, itchy nose and watering eyes, he hit the button for the speakerphone.

“This is Dr. Wilson.” He tried to hide the congestion in his voice, or, at least avoid sniffling.

Awww!! that was so cute *big sappy grin*

House sat down in Wilson’s desk chair and kicked his feet up on the desk. “You know you’re an idiot, right?” He asked.

“Shut up, House.”

“Go to sleep, Wilson.” He rolled his eyes as his friend scrubbed at his nose and drifted off for a nap.

OMG- Perfect!

*Goes back to re-read.*

Thanks Kastrel and tma.

And now, Part 4: (with a Chase Cameo)

The Fourth Time:

Wilson flinched as he heard the door click open. He inwardly groaned as he saw House enter, looking rather annoyed. He winced as he heard the door bang shut.

“Wilson, why is it so dark in here?” He reached for the overhead light switch.

“Don’t.” Wilson protested. “Please, don’t.” He carefully rubbed at his nose with his knuckle.

House noticed that he sounded somewhat nasal and spotted the handkerchief lying on the desk. “Got that cold that everyone else has? Well, except me. And Cameron. God, that woman has spent the day attacking Foreman and Chase with Lysol and not letting them within 10 feet of her. Of course, spraying them with Lysol, just makes them cough and sneeze more.”

Wilson attempted a smile, which faded as the tickle in his nose intensified. He set his elbows on his desk, cupping his hands over his nose and bracing his head there. “Hehh-exchhmmpt, hehh-exxxchht…huhh-chhhmmpt, Huhh-nngxxtt.

House looked at him quizzically. He’d never seen Wilson sneeze that way before. It was as if he was trying not to move his head. Almost as if… “Wilson, are you getting a migraine?”

“Getting one? No. Got one? Yes.” He reached for the handkerchief and blew his nose. “And yes, I’ve got the cold that’s going around. And, I know you want to complain about Cameron and the Lysol, but if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to try to get through my clinic hours.” He slowly stood up from his desk, stopping and gripping it as a wave of nausea and dizziness went through him, and he felt the congestion in his head shift.

He felt House grip his arm and force him back into the chair. He looked curiously at House as the grizzled man picked up the phone on the desk. “You’re not going to make it through clinic hours.” He pointed out, punching in a number. “Cameron? Want to get out of the office for a few hours?” Apparently Cameron agreed with him, because the next words out of his mouth involved her going to the clinic and being Dr. Wilson. Wilson relaxed slightly, knowing that someone capable would cover for him. “Put Chase on.” Was House’s next command. Apparently, Cameron had some issues with that as Wilson heard an exasperated sigh from House. “So disinfect it after he hangs up. Put him on.”

House looked at Wilson and rolled his eyes. Finally, he started speaking on the phone. “Took you long enough.”

“Sorry.” Chase responded. “I had to wrestle the phone away from Cameron. What do you need?”

“Can you bring a vial of sumitriptan and a syringe to Wilson’s office? Also, see if you can snag a pillow and blanket from the on call room and an ice pack.” He paused and looked at Wilson. “Have you taken anything for your cold?”

“No.” Wilson replied weakly. “I was tired this morning, but I didn’t really start coughing or sneezing until a few hours ago.”

“If you’ve got some extra cold medicine, bring that. Otherwise, see if Foreman’s got some.” He hung up the phone. “Cameron is going to take your clinic hours; Chase is coming with some stuff for your migraine and hopefully, your cold.”

Wilson nodded, rubbing his nose and bracing himself for another set of sneezes. “Exxchmmtt, hehchmmpt…ixxchhxxt, hichixxt.

“Think you can walk over to the couch to lay down? Or do you need help?”

“I can make it.” Wilson blew his nose and slipped his handkerchief in his trouser pocket. He slowly started to stand up, then stopped and sat back down. “Between the migraine and the sinus congestion, I think I could use some help.”

“Can you wait for Chase to get here?”

Wilson nodded, massaging his temples and the bridge of his nose gently. 5 minutes later, Chase knocked and then opened the door. He looked at the two men at the desk. “Where do you want everything?”

“Pillow on the couch, set everything else on the desk for now.” He watched as Chase did as he was instructed. “You have cold medicine?” Chase nodded and handed it over, sniffling. House opened the packet of pills and handed them to Wilson who swallowed them. “Now I need you to help me move him to the couch.”

Chase nodded, moving to the opposite side of Wilson. The two of them helped the brunette oncologist stand up and guided him to the couch to lie down. Chase went back to the desk for the blanket and medicine, pausing to sneeze roughly into his sleeve.

“Bless you.” He heard Wilson mumble softly.

“Thanks.” Chase came back over to the couch with the sumatriptan and handed an alcohol wipe to House.

House told Wilson to loosen his pants and expose his hip slightly. He reached down to swab the spot with an alcohol wipe, a grimace of pain crossing his face. Chase had prepared the syringe and got ready to hand it to House. House shook his head. “The couch is too low. I can’t…I can’t bend down that low today.” He mumbled, stepping aside. Chase nodded; this explained why House hadn’t moved Wilson to the couch before he got there. He took the spot that House had previously been standing in and bent down to inject the contents of the syringe into Wilson’s hip. When he was done, he pulled Wilson’s pants back into place as Wilson buttoned and zipped them back up.

“Thanks.” He murmured softly, burying his head into the pillow and suppressing another 4 harsh sneezes.

“Bless you.” He grabbed the ice pack from the desk and handed it to Wilson.

“Thank you. You can go now.” House informed him.

“Chase stepped away from the desk and indicated to House to follow him. Sighing, House stepped away from Wilson. “What?”

“He going to be okay?”

“He’s fine. The only reason I asked you for help is you don’t sneeze as loud as Foreman, and I didn’t want to leave him alone to get the triptan. Now get back to work.”

Chase turned and headed for the door, shaking his head. Just when he thought he could figure out the gruff older man, something like this would happen to throw him for a loop.

House settled in Wilson’s desk chair in order to man the phone while his friend slept off the migraine. The cold, of course, would take longer to get rid of.

“So disinfect it after he hangs up. Put him on.”

“Sorry.” Chase responded. “I had to wrestle the phone away from Cameron.

Bwahahahahah!

Messy cold phones....... :)

“I can make it.” Wilson blew his nose and slipped his handkerchief in his trouser pocket. He slowly started to stand up, then stopped and sat back down. “Between the migraine and the sinus congestion, I think I could use some help.”

Poor Wilson again. So much suffering........ *sigh*

brigidmn, your stories are great as ever!

Awww!! There's nothing like suffering Wilson, loony cameron, sneezy chase and Wilson and gruffly nice House to completely put a big grin on a girl's face. :yes::laugh::D

Am Loving it!!

Wow! You managaed to make all the men suffer in one short fic! What a gift! Can't WAIT for the last part...and hoping for a sequel...

silentdreamer789

Thanks everybody. I hope you're ready for part 5. (Also there is an epilogue, but it is not one time House took care of Wilson, but rather something different that I think y'all like.)

The Fifth Time:

Wilson reclined on House’s couch, catching the beer House tossed over. “How was Denver?” House asked. Wilson had just returned from a 10-day oncology conference in Colorado.

“It was nice. I wish it had been winter, though. Lectures are much better when intermixed with time spent on the slopes.” He tried to discretely rub at his nose, sighing.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. Just been a little stuffy since I got back. Which is weird, since you’d think if I was getting sick, it would have progressed by now.”

“It would have.” House sat next down next to him, shoving his hand against Wilson’s forehead. “You don’t feel warm. What’s wrong?”

“I’m just a bit sniffly and sneezy. My ears have been bug…hihhcheshhh…bugging me a bit. Uhhchushh, huhhshuhhh.”

“Bless you. You’re not sneezing like you do when you’re sick.” He put his face next Wilson’s and peered intensely at him. “Your eyes are red; they itch?”

“A little.” At the power of House’s suggestion, he felt the irritation in his eyes intensify and he reached up to rub at them, only to have House knock his hands away.

“It’s allergies.” House pronounced simply.

“It’s not allergies. Mine are done by the time yours kick in. And since you called me in Denver to complain when yours started flaring up, that means that’s not what it is. Huhschuhhshh.” He took a tissue from the box House had on the coffee table and blew his nose. “And yours don’t seem to be bothering you right now.”

“That’s because I’m loaded up on antihistamines.” He paused as Wilson sneezed again. “It’s allergies. That’s the only explanation.”

“I don’t have fall allergies.” Wilson reminded House, sounding slightly annoyed.

House rolled his eyes. “You did learn in medical school that you can develop new allergies over time, right?” Wilson nodded. “Then why is it so hard for you to believe that you’ve acquired new allergies in the past few years.”

“I didn’t have a problem last year.” Wilson pointed out with a sniffle.

“Actually, yes, you did. There were a few days where the pollen levels were astronomical, and I noticed that you were a bit more stuffy and sneezy on those days.”

“Huhschushhh. It does sort of feel like allergies.” Wilson admitted, slowly.

“Sounds like them, too.” House paused as Wilson blew his nose again.

Wilson rubbed fiercely at his nose, making a face.

“What’s wrong?”

“Itchy.” Wilson whined. “My nose itches, my eyes itch, my ears itch. Itchy.” He rubbed his face with his hands.

House slowly got off the couch and limped to the bathroom. A minute later, he was back with a bottle of pills. “All I’ve got is Benadryl. I know it doesn’t do much at alleviating your symptoms, but…”

“Don’t care. It’ll knock me out so they won’t bother me.” He reached for the pills and washed two down with the beer.

“I guess that means you’re sleeping here tonight.”

“Guess so. This should render me unconscious in about 20 minutes.” He got off the couch to collect the pillows and blankets that House kept in the linen closet for when he spent the night. Wilson settled himself on the couch while House moved to the armchair.

“Need anything else?” House asked.

“No. I’m good. Thanks.” He closed his itchy eyes and rubbed his nose again. 15 minutes later, he was sound asleep and snoring as House tossed popcorn at him trying to get it to land in his open mouth.

And the Epilogue:

One Time They Took Care of Each Other

Wilson leaned back against House’s couch, pulling the worn blanket tighter around him. The weather in New Jersey had changed rapidly, leading to a major wave of cold patients in the clinic. And of course, doctors were not immune. He pulled a tissue from the box sitting on the couch next to him and blew his nose as he heard the shower shut off.

He heard a trio of harsh sneezes echoing off the bathroom walls, followed by House emerging a few minutes later. He noticed that the House did not look as recharged as he usually did after a shower. House rubbed his hand across his nose and sniffed loudly.

“You okay?” House looked at him, daring him to go further. “You look rather tired.”

“Fine.” House insisted, and Wilson could hear a hoarseness in his voice that had not been there earlier. He joined Wilson on the couch. “Feeling any better?”

Wilson quickly shook his head, hastily plucking another tissue from the box. “Huhh-huhhcuhhshh, uhhchushhh…Chushhooo, huhhrushhhooo. Not really.”

He noticed that after he had finished sneezing, House started rubbing his nose a bit more. Knowing that House would deny everything at this point, he figured he’d have to find another way to prove House was sick,

“So, it’s been pretty busy at the clinic lately.” He stated. House merely nodded, and Wilson noticed his jaw clench slightly, then relax. “Sorry Cuddy kicked me out of there; I know that means more hours for you. Although who did you give them too? Chase? Cameron?”

“Chase.” House said, quickly.

Wilson nodded. “So what did she say to you about relieving me from clinic duty?”

House gave his nose a firm rub before responding. “She said that we couldn’t have you in the clinic, coughing and sn-sneezing all the time and in-infecting paah…patschuu, hatshchuu, huh-ehshhshahh…patiendts.”

“Bless you. Take anything for your cold yet?”

“I don’t have a cold.” He paused and blew his nose, wincing at how congested he sounded and how tender his nose was rapidly becoming. “How did you know I had a cold?”

“It’s winter, unless it’s fall, you don’t usually sneeze half a dozen times in 15 minutes. Take anything?”

“Yeah. After the shower. Probably hasn’t kicked in yet.”

Wilson nodded. “Why don’t you go and get a blanket and join me on the couch. I’ll make a couple cups of tea.” He picked up the nearly empty tissue box. “See if you can dig up another box of tissues as well. I think we’ll need them.”

House nodded, slowly rising from the couch and heading towards his bedroom. Wilson went into the kitchen and began brewing 2 cups of tea. When those were done, he returned to the living room to see House sitting on the couch with a blanket wrapped around him. A fresh box of tissues and a bag of cough drops sat on the coffee table.

Wilson managed to deposit the steaming mugs of tea on the coffee table before succumbing to a violent sneezing fit. Shaking his head afterwards to clear it out a little, he joined House on the couch, wrapping his blanket around himself and blowing his nose. He handed House a cup of tea, and the two of them propped their legs up on the coffee table.

House flipped through the TV channels until he found a movie that they both could agree on. Wilson reached over and pressed his hand against House’s forehead. House brushed it away. “Can’t feel my fever; you’ve got one of your own. Ehhschahhh.”

Wilson nodded. “Forgot.” He took a quick sip of his tea, setting it on the end table rapidly. “Huhmchushh, upchushhh…huhhrushhh, uhhrushhhuhhh.”

Sighing, he leaned back against the couch.

“I think we should just rest.” House pointed out. “Damn patients.” He broke into a harsh coughing fit. Wilson reached over and snagged the cough drops, handing them to House. “Thanks.”

The two men sat on the couch wrapped in their blankets, watching TV, until they both nodded off. Their colds would be a perfect excuse to call in sick tomorrow and spend the day resting and watching old movies.

Beautiful.

But now it's like the day after Christmas, all the presents are gone and the excitement os over...... :laugh:

What am I going to do now?

Nice. Loved the epilogue...taking care of each other, very good, and sooooooo sweet. Even got a bit of House denial in there - brilliant!

silentdreamer789

Thanks everyone.

I don't think you'll need to worry about that; Chase is getting rather relentless as of late. Ignore the boy for one fic, and honestly! He is just So needy. :cryhappy:

Thanks everyone.

I don't think you'll need to worry about that; Chase is getting rather relentless as of late. Ignore the boy for one fic, and honestly! He is just So needy. :cryhappy:

:lol::angry::angry::omg:

Hey,

Ohhhh, I hope you have written more House fics, these sound good! I loved them all!

Love

~*Jillo*~

There's more by me floating around on the board somewhere. Also, going to pimp out tma for a minute here...hers are phenomenal (also floating around on the board).

Plus there's more fics coming...since someone wouldn't let me sleep until I started a new one.

Archived