Sneeze Fetish Forum

Should I Post?

stargazer

A few years ago I decided to write a fanfic for the 70s show Emergency! I just found it on my computer while I was cleaning up my files. Would anybody be interested in me posting it? :cowboy:

;)

Dawn

Edited to reflect gender and genre of story.

Sure!!

I've never heard of it, but I read sf fanficts from genres I don't know all the time. I'm sure that even if people don't necess, know the characters that they'd still enjoy it. :cowboy:

Well, I decided to go ahead and post my fic. This is my first attempt at writing anything. :cowboy: It is based on the 70's firefighter TV show Emergency! I'm hoping the formatting comes out ok. I pasted it here from Word.

Everything Is All Right

It’s 3:00 am, November 13th. The weather outside of Los Angeles County Fire Station 51 is windy and cold. It's the beginning of a big storm that is supposed to slam into Southern California later that day. Everyone in the station is sleeping. All you can hear in the sleeping quarters is the sound of the firemen and paramedics snores.

A few minutes later John Gage awakes from his somewhat restless sleep. He sits up in his bed, rubs the sleep out of his eyes, and looks at his sleeping partner, "Why can't I be asleep like Roy? I've worked as hard as him…maybe even harder these past few days."

Squad 51 was let go from the site of a downed jetliner about six hours earlier. They were working almost 18-hour shifts for the past few days and barely got any sleep.

"I'm tired but why can't I sleep?" He rubs his head and starts to get out of bed. On his way to the restroom, Johnny notices that his throat is dry and sore. He splashes some water on his face in the restroom and heads to the kitchen to get a glass of water. He finishes the whole glass and then gets another to take with him to his bed. When he returns to bed he tries to get to sleep but keeps tossing and turning. It’s 4:30 by the time he finally falls asleep.

"Hey Johnny, Johnny! Wake up. It's 8:00am" he hears while being shaken by Roy.

"What?" Johnny says sleepily. "I'm trying to sleep. I was up tossing and turning all night."

"I know, I heard you. Are you all right? I heard you get out of bed last night?"

"Yeah…I'm fine. My throat was just a little dry and sore, probably from the smoke from the jetliner. No big deal."

"Good, because it's your turn to wash the dishes."

Johnny gets out of bed and puts on his clothes. As he's walking to the kitchen, he puts his hand to his forehead and turns to Roy. "I think the smoke got to my head too. I've got a whopper of a headache." He then heads to the cabinet to get some aspirin.

"I know how you feel. I had one before I went to sleep last night. I took some aspirin and I feel fine now."

After he finishes taking the aspirin, Johnny decides to eat some breakfast…what was left of it anyway. The other guys in the station ate most of the pancakes and sausage. When he was finished, he started doing the dishes with Roy's help. He always seemed to get stuck with dish duty.

Outside the station, gray clouds start moving in and it is getting colder. The heat in the station turns on. Roy and Johnny are just starting to put away the dishes when the station's tones are heard over the speaker system. Squad 51, Squad 110. Missing hiker in the San Gabriel Canyon. Sierra Madre and Main. Sierra Madre and Main. Time out 10:27.

Both Johnny and Roy rush to the apparatus bay as Cap rushes to the radio "Squad 51 10-4. KMG365." Johnny and Roy get in the squad and put on their hats. As the door to the garage opens, a bolt of lightening strikes.

"I hope that's all we get from the storm right now," says Johnny as Roy drives the squad out of the station. "I don't want to go searching for that hiker in the rain."

Roy nods in agreement. "Neither do I."

15 minutes later Johnny and Roy arrive at the scene to see Squad 110 and a search and rescue team waiting for them. After a brief introduction, the men decide to divide up to search for the missing hiker. Since there would be no possible way for them to take the squad, Johnny and Roy head over to it to remove all their equipment.

Walking back to the squad, Johnny notices a change in the weather. Dark gray clouds are beginning to roll in along the canyon and the wind starts to pick up. "Hey Roy, <sniff> it's beginning to look like we will be getting more from that storm than lightening."

"At least it's only cold and windy. I sure hope that rain holds up. But by the looks of those clouds I think it will rain any minute," Roy adds looking up at the ominous clouds while getting a stoke out from the back of the squad.

As soon as Johnny opens the side door of the squad to remove the drug box, he notices a slight tickle in his nose. He rubs his nose with his right index finger trying to get rid of the tickle. He reaches in the truck grabbing the handle of the box when a sneeze startles him. "Hechoo! <sniff> Wow, where did that come from?"

"Gesundheit. That sneeze better have been from the cold or wind. You better not be getting sick Johnny." By this time, Roy has moved from the back of the squad next to the side, where he is now watching Johnny like a hawk. "You better pray that you are not catching a cold. You know what happens when someone in the station gets sick…everyone gets sick."

"Yeah, I know. <sniff> Everyone will be mad at me for a month" Johnny says laughing. "Well, don't worry, it was just one little sneeze. It doesn't mean that since I sneezed once, I'm getting sick. How many times have you sneezed when you were not sick?" he says, laying the package of blankets on top of the drug box.

"True" Roy says taking the remaining equipment out of the squad and lying next to the already too big pile. "But remember when I had the sore throat? I only thought it was a sore throat. You knew I had tonsillitis. Remember?"

Johnny just stood there staring at Roy. He didn't want to remember that. If that was true, then that meant that he did have a cold and he did not want to have one. "Okay, let's get going before the rain comes." He grabs the biophone and drug box and puts them on the stoke that Roy had lain on the ground.

Johnny and Roy start walking on the trail. They only get five minutes up when it starts to rain.

Roy looks at Johnny and says "Well, so much for beating the rain. Let's just hope we find that hiker soon. It's getting cold."

Stopping in his tracks, Johnny says, "What do you mean getting cold? <sniff> It already is cold. I'm freezing."

Johnny was just about to make another comment when he spotted something orange down the cliff on their right. "Do you see that?" he says pointing toward the cliff. "Let's go see if that is the hiker <sniff>."

They both drop everything in their hands and walk over to the edge. When they get close enough to see, they notice that it is only an orange cone.

"Someone must have dropped that cone," said Roy.

"I sure wish that it was the hiker. Oh well, let's keep going Roy."

They walk back to their equipment and continue up the trail. By this time, it has really started to pour. Johnny and Roy are soaked to the bone. They are walking side-by-side carrying the one stoke with most of the equipment on it. Johnny again feels that familiar tickle in his nose. He desperately needs to rub it but his hands are full. He slows his pace and lets Roy get in front of him. He knows that he would be sneezing soon. The tickle is getting stronger. Roy, noticing that Johnny slowed down, also slows down his pace. He turns to his left and sees Johnny in the beginnings of a sneeze.

Johnny slowly closes his eyes, turns to his left, takes in a big breath and lets out two loud sneezes into the air. "heCHOO! <sniff> hechoo!" When he turns his head back and opens his eyes, he notices Roy is staring at him.

"So, just one little sneeze huh? That makes three." Roy starts walking towards Johnny. "You have a cold and don't lie about it."

"One sneeze, three sneezes. What's the difference? They are only sneezes <sniff> and I am not getting a cold" he says somewhat stuffed up. "Heh…hechoo! The wind must be blowing dust around" he says pointing to the blowing trees.

Rolling his eyes at his partner's comment, "Yeah, blowing dust. When it's raining? Come on Johnny, let's get going. I don't want to be out here all day and I don't think you should be out here any longer than necessary."

About 20 minutes later Roy finds a backpack lying next to a rock on the trail. He looks down the cliff and sees the hiker. "Hey Johnny, I found the hiker. Get on the handy talkie and let the other guys know."

Johnny puts his equipment down on the muddy wet ground and grabs for the HT. He is just about to call when three sneezes take over his body. He drops the HT, puts his hands over his nose and mouth and lets out three big sneezes. "HeChoo, hechoo <sniff> hechoo!" He bends down to pick up the HT when another fit of sneezes grabs his attention. These were the most powerful sneezes to come out of him today. "Heh-hechoo, heCHOO, HECHOO, hechhh!"

"Bless you Johnny. Are you alright?" Roy asks, genuinely concerned for his partner. "I've never seen you sneeze that much before."

"Yeah…I'm fine, and I do not have a cold" he says rubbing at his somewhat stuffed itchy nose. He finally gets to the handy talkie and lets the other men know that they have found the hiker and their whereabouts.

"It looks like will have to wait for the other guys to get here before we try and go down the cliff. We'll need them to hold the ropes while we go down" Roy says, slowly walking back to Johnny. When he gets back to the equipment and gets the items he will need, he notices how bad Johnny looks. Besides his reddened nose, he notices that Johnny is shivering. Although he himself is shivering from the cold rain, he wasn't as bad as Johnny. "Are you sure you are all right?"

"Yeah…hechhh. <sniff> I'm just sneezing. Its not like I just fell down and broke my arm" he says sarcastically.

They both start getting the ropes and equipment ready for the decent while waiting for the other men to arrive.

Ten minutes later the others arrive on the scene and help get the hiker up the cliff.

Since Roy is driving the squad, Johnny ends up riding with the hiker in the ambulance to Rampart Hospital. The ride is short and Johnny is able to control his sneezing all the way there. He ends up not sneezing the whole trip.

The ambulance and Roy arrive at the hospital at the same time. After the hiker is in the emergency room, Roy and Johnny head over to see Dixie, the head nurse. Just as Johnny is about to say hi, he feels a tickle in his nose. He puts his hand up to his face, turns to his right and lets out a soft sneeze "hechoo! <sniff> Excuse me."

"Bless you Johnny. Are you getting a cold?" asks Dixie with a concerned look on her face. She is just noticing how bad he looks.

"No" he says as he turns to his left to see Roy shaking his head and saying yes to Dixie. He looks back at Dixie. "I am not getting a cold. Don't believe anything my partner says. I am not getting a cold and he knows it. I'm going to re-stock our supplies." He then looks at Roy, "I'll meet you in the squad." He then turns and leaves.

"So Roy, honestly, is Johnny getting a cold? Dixie asks while finishing up some paperwork.

"Yeah…I think he is. He doesn't believe me though. It's the same situation that I was in when I had a sore throat and Johnny told me I had tonsillitis. I didn't believe him. Why should he believe me?" Turning to go back to the squad, "I'll convince him yet. See you around." Roy then heads back to the squad to find Johnny sitting inside in the middle of a long drawn out sneeze.

"Heh…heehh…heehh…heehh…hehchoo!" Johnny then leans his head back against the seat.

"Bless you" Roy says as he enters the squad.

"Thanks." Johnny says turning up the heat in the squad. He then picks up the radio. "Squad 51 returning to quarters."

Back at the station, Roy and Johnny get out of their wet clothes and head to the kitchen for a hot cup of coffee.

"So Johnny, how are you feeling?" asks Roy while he pours himself and Johnny a cup. By looking at him, Roy can tell he isn't feeling that great. He hands Johnny his cup and they both walk over and sit down at the table.

"I'm perfectly fine. I'm just a lit…lit…" His voice starts to get higher in pitch as he tries to get the words out before the inevitable sneeze he feels building up inside him comes out. "Litt..." He hurriedly puts his cup on the table, turns to his left and cups his hands in front of his face. "Hechmmp! Excuse me. I'm just a little tired." He then picks up his cup and takes of sip of his coffee.

Just then, Cap walks in. "Hey, how is that hiker doing?"

"He's doing fine. Dr. Brackett said his injuries were not that serious."

Johnny adds to Roy's comment, "Just a broken leg. <sniff> He'll be out of the hospital in a few hours." He then feels another sneeze coming on, but can't stop it. "HehCHOO!"

"Bless you. Are you coming down with a cold Johnny?" asks Cap startled by Johnny's sneeze. "You'd better get some rest. With this rain, we will need to be alert. There will probably be a lot of runs today."

"That sounds like a good idea Cap. I'm going to go lie down." Johnny then heads off to his bed. He gets to the doorway of the garage, turns around and adds, "Oh and Roy, I do not have a cold."

Johnny ended up sleeping for an hour and a half. He slept the whole time and did not sneeze once. Roy, concerned for his partner, did check up on him once though. He knew better than to believe Johnny.

The storm outside the station was getting worse. It would possibly be considered the worst storm for that year. There seemed to constant lighting and thunder. The rain never even slowed down. Flood channels throughout the valley were getting high and there were many swift water rescues. The rain soaked freeways as well as the surface streets were also causing many traffic accidents.

When Johnny wakes up, he is feeling a little hungry. After all, he barely any breakfast and he never had lunch. Rubbing his itchy nose, he gets out of his bed and goes to the kitchen to get something to eat. Inside the kitchen, he finds Roy and Chet playing a game of checkers. "Good afternoon fellas! Who's winning?"

Just as Roy is about to answer, the station's tones come over the speaker. Station 51. Traffic accident. Sunset and Flower. Sunset and Flower. Time out 14:35.

Roy rushes to the radio. " Squad 51. 10-4. KMG365." He then punches the door opener and hops into the squad. Johnny is already in the squad putting his helmet on when Roy gets in. "How are you feeling Johnny? Are you up to this?"

"How many times do I have to tell you? I feel fine. There is nothing wrong with me." He grabs the paper from Roy and looks to see where they are headed.

While traveling to the scene of the accident, Johnny starts to violently rub his nose. Roy, watching where he is driving, notices this out the corner of his eyes. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing. My nose is just itchy. Can't a guy scratch where he itches?" he replies getting a little bit angry with Roy. "Why are you acting like my mother? <sniff> I am perfectly fine. How many times do I have to tell you? I am perfectly fine. Now leave me alone please."

"Fine. I will."

They finally arrive at the accident scene. It is a solo vehicle accident. The driver of the car started to hydroplane and ended up hitting a light pole. They get out of the squad, get all their equipment out and walk over to the car. The rain is slowing down a little but is still coming down quite heavy.

Already soaked, Roy turns to Johnny and says, "Will this rain ever let up? Pretty soon I'll be joining you with a cold." Johnny is just about to reply when Roy throws in "I know, you don't have a cold."

While Roy is checking the vitals on the patient and was putting a splint on the patient's broken ankle, Johnny is hooking up the biophone. "Rampart, this is Squad 51." He is just about to finish when a sneeze bursts out of him. "Hechoo!" He then finishes his sentence. "How do you read?"

"Squad 51 this is Rampart" comes the voice of Dixie over the biophone. "Go ahead."

"Rampart, we have a female victim, <sniff> approximately 26 years old, lacerations to the head and a broken ankle." Johnny then grabs the paper that Roy wrote down the vitals on and continues to give Rampart the information. "BP 140 over 90. Pulse 110. Respiration 26."

"51? Start an IV with D5W and transport immediately."

"10-4 Rampart." Johnny is just about to hang up the biophone when he hears Dixie ask him a question.

"Johnny, how's that cold doing? Are you feeling any better than you were this morning?"

"I don't have a cold and I'm feeling fine." Just then, he starts to feel that familiar tickle coming in his nose. I'll see you. . . hechoo! I'll see you in a few minutes Dixie." He then hangs up the biophone. "Roy, Dixie says to start an IV with D5W and to transport immediately."

They both get the victim into the ambulance and head to Rampart.

After arriving at the hospital, Roy and Johnny gather their equipment from the car accident victim in the emergency room. Johnny starts removing the oxygen tank. He all of a sudden feels very weak and dizzy. He puts his hand up to his forehead, walks out of the emergency room and over to a waiting room chair. Still wet from the rain, he begins to shiver even though the hospital is warm. He then feels a sneeze coming on. "Not again." He puts his hands over his nose and mouth and takes in a deep breath. "Hechoo <sniff> hechoo…heh…hechoo…choo… hechhh!" By this time, his eyes are watering and his nose is running. "HeCHOO!"

While Johnny is sitting in the waiting room, Roy is finishing up getting their equipment together. He walks out of the emergency room and begins searching for Johnny. He walks over to the waiting room and finds Johnny in the middle of a sneezing attack. "Bless you Johnny. When you are done and ready, I'll be waiting in the squad." He then starts to go to towards the exit.

"I'll be right behind you. Hechoo! Just give me a minute <sniff>. Oh, and Roy, I think I have a cold." He says rubbing his itchy nose.

Roy smiles at him then goes to the squad. He is sitting there for only a few minutes when he feels a tickle in his throat and coughs a few times.

About 5 minutes later he hears Johnny at the squad door "Okay, I'm ready." He gets into the squad and looks at Roy. Roy is sitting in the driver’s seat, arms crossed over the steering wheel and his head is lying on his arms. "Hey Roy, are you all right?" he asks, noticing that something looks wrong with him.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Are you ready to go back to the station?"

"Yes. Hechoo!" He grabs the radio "Squad 51 returning to quarters." He puts the radio back and looks at Roy. "What's wrong with you? <sniff> You don't look very good."

"I'm fine," he says rubbing his nose. "I'm just a little tired."

They then head back to the station.

When they arrive back at the station, all the other men are cleaning up the engine. Roy and Johnny get out of the squad. Johnny then goes over to the guys and starts talking to them. Roy heads to the kitchen to get a glass of water and an aspirin. Ever since they arrived at Rampart with the car accident patient, he has been feeling a little achy and has a sore throat. After taking the aspirin, he heads to the restroom to splash some water on his face. He looks at his reflection in the mirror and sees Johnny standing behind him.

Johnny was talking to the guys for about 5 minutes. In those minutes, he couldn't keep his nose quiet. He was sneezing almost every 30 seconds. "Well guys, I'm not feeling very well. I'm going to go lie down for a little bit." After sneezing so many times, he desperately needs to blow his nose. He heads to the restroom to get some tissue. That's when Roy sees him in the mirror. "Hey Roy, what's wrong?" he says noticing how pale Roy looks. He puts his hands to his nose and mouth and sneezes. "Hechoo…heCHOO! Are you feeling okay?"

Roy looks at Johnny in the mirror. "I'm just worn out. That's all. I could really use some sleep." He takes a towel and dries his face.

"I know how you feel." He walks over to the counter, takes a tissue and starts to blow his nose.

While Johnny is blowing his nose, Roy feels a slight tickle in his nose. That tickle confirms his suspicions. He too has a cold. He was hoping that he was just run down from lack of sleep, but no such luck. The tickle in his nose is getting stronger. He doesn't want Johnny to know that he has a cold so he tries to hide his sneeze. He tries to hold it in, but can't. He takes in a breath and sneezes as softly as he can into the crook of his arm. "Hampph."

"Well Roy, I don’t know about you, <sniff> but I am going to lie down for a little while."

Roy is just about to answer when he feels another sneeze coming on and is hoping that Johnny would leave. Johnny wasn't moving. The tickle in Roy's nose is getting stronger. Hoping to get rid of the tickle, he starts to rub his nose. Instead of stopping the sneeze, it makes the sneeze stronger. He keeps trying to hold it off but it isn't working. The sneeze is going to come out. Johnny wasn't leaving, but he does turn around. That is good enough for Roy. He puts his hand into a fist and brings it up to his nose and mouth in an attempt to stifle the sneeze. He then takes in a deep breath and sneezes. What Roy didn't know was that the minute he closed his eyes to sneeze, Johnny had turned back around. He sneezes again. "achoo! Hampph!" He could feel Johnny's eyes on him. Seeing Johnny looking at him, "Before you say anything, yes…I have a cold. He brings his fist up again and lets out another sneeze. "Hachoo!"

"God bless you!" He rubs his itchy nose. "When did this happen Roy?" <sniff>

"I started feeling bad after we brought that car accident patient in to Rampart." He takes a tissue and blows his nose.

"At least I have someone to enjoy this cold with." Johnny gives a smile and heads to the sleeping quarters. "I sure hope he caught that cold from me," he says to himself. "It serves him right for bugging me all day." Johnny gets to his bed and lies down.

By the time Roy gets to his bed, Johnny is already asleep. Roy sneezed three more times before finally lying down and falling asleep.

Luckily for the two paramedics, there were no more runs that night. They both finally got the sleep the desperately needed and deserved.

• 5 years later...

Okay, realizing that this thread is *checks* over five years old...hey, this was great! I'm not hugely into (read: obsessed with) Emergency!, but I do like it, and this...this was just fantastic. All the yumminess, plus the bonus of Roy getting sick, too. Fantastic! Thanks so much for posting it (five years ago)!

~Me

Even though it's been 5 years, thanks to all the new kudos. I appreciate it! :whip:

Do you appreciate it enough to tell us what happened after Roy got sick...? *puppydog eyes*

~Me

Do you appreciate it enough to tell us what happened after Roy got sick...? *puppydog eyes*

~Me

If I knew, I'd definitely tell everyone. However I have no clue. LOL This may be a fic to update if/when I get the change. I'd just need to get back into the show.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived