Sneeze Fetish Forum

A Thought...

Empathic Mystery

This came into my head a few moments ago, and I had to write it down somewhere, so I thought here would be a wonderful place.

Barnes and Noble held all but a handful of people on this rainy Saturday afternoon. A little girl's voice could be heard from the children's section, and a pair of elderly ladies poured over The Ultimate Guide to Knitting, pointing at the illustrations and exchanging hushed comments. The adjoining café seemed nearly empty, save a dark figure buried behind a paperback book with an indistinguishable title. I ordered a hot chocolate with extra whipped cream and silently scoffed at the exorbiant prices on the menu while I waited for my drink.

After paying for it, I continued down the counter to the napkin dispenser, when the soft hairs on the back of my neck began to prickle. Idly, I ran a hand through my loose brown curls, taking a few napkins with my free hand, a bag hanging from the hand that held the hot chocolate. A lovely sound almost caused me to drop my drink, the napkins, and my new book, as I bit my lip to suppress a low moan.

The stranger behind the book released a trio of moist sneezes, turning to his right, away from the window, and bringing his hand to his face. "Ihh... Ieesshoo! Hup-Tschooo! Hehh... Heiii... Heiii-Schooo!" Swallowing hard, I used the napkin in my right hand to wipe up a few drops of the hot chocolate that had spilled in my right hand. Normally, I was not this uncoordinated, but it was amazing what a few perfect sneezes could do to my dexterity.

"I must have failed my reflex save," I muttered to myself, thankful that I had not spilt any of the creamy liquid on my blue jeans or black, worn sweatshirt. He looked up from the book and caught my eye, his nose a pleasant shade of pink, and his eyes slightly watery.

"What was that?" he asked, assumedly to me, since I was the only person nearby. He looked incredibly sexy, wearing black pants and a black muscle shirt, covered by an unbuttoned black dress shirt. Floppy brown hair brushed against his ears and fell into his eyes, giving him a boyish look, though his body spoke otherwise. My cheeks flushed, turning much the same colour as his nose, and I looked around, before issuing a stammered reply.

"Umm... I said I must have failed my reflex save. It can be a challenge to carry a bag, a cup with near-boiling liquid, and a few napkins." I tried to infuse the situation with a bit of humour to gloss over my reaction to his sneezes.

"That's what I thought you said," he replied with a smile. "Maybe the dice just don't like you." He gave me a lop-sided grin, and gestured towards his table, deep brown eyes sparkling with amusement. "Or maybe you just have low dex. At any rate, would you like to join me? That is, if you don't mind sharing a table with a man sporting a rather nasty cold."

Of course I nearly melted on the spot, and could only nod numbly and slide into the seat, successfully managing to place my cup on the table before I could spill anymore. We made small talk while I waited for my drink to cool enough so I could taste it.

Up close, I could make out the title of his book, Assorted Poems of Pablo Neruda. Smiling, I took a sip of my hot chocolate, tilted my head a bit and asked, "You're a fan of Pablo Neruda?" He shook his head. "Actually, it's a fake cover. I'm really looking at hentai right now." He winked at me, then laughed aloud, sliding the book across the table to me, and opening it to an ear-marked page. "My favourite poem of his is 'Pido silencio.' It's amazing."

His enthusiasm, sense of humour, and appreciation for poetry nearly made me swoon. As if I wasn't already a puddle of goo, he held up a finger to me and started to speak. "Hold on, I think I'm going to sneeze again." Frozen like that, he stared out the window at the rain that lashed itself against the glass, then took three hitched breaths, his chocolate eyes closing.

The world seemed to stop, and I could barely breathe as I watched him with rapt attention. A look of frustration slipped across his handsome features, and I ventured a guess. "Stuck?" He nodded, and scowled adorably. "Yes. I hate it when thahh... hehhh... Het-Schoo! Eh... Ehh-kisschh! Hept-Txxxncht!!"

Stifling the last sneeze into his hand, he sniffled a few times, looking from me to the coffee counter through watery eyes. "Coud I hab your lasd dabkid?"

I climbed over the table and covered him in passionate, absorbing kisses, hands exploring his body, creating my own poetry with him. Then I shook myself out of my fantasy and realised he had asked me a question. "Of course," I replied, handing him the napkin and squelching the desire to follow my thoughts. I covered my desire by taking a few sips of my drink, hoping my feelings were not transparent.

After he delicately wiped his nose, he offered it back to me with a cute grin. Half-tempted to take it back, just to tease him, I wrinkled my nose and protested jokingly. "Ew, after you just used it to clean up after your sneezes?" He brandished it, like a weapon, waving it around as I pretended to be disgusted. "1D6 points of damage!" he exclaimed. There is something to be said for moments of silliness.

While we both recovered from our fits of laughter, he sniffled intermitently, and closed his book. "It's a bit chilly in here, and not much better out there... but I know somewhere warm and comfortable," he began, running a beautiful hand through his soft hair.

"Oh?" I asked, arching a brow. Inside, I felt about sixteen years old. Was I really having an encounter with a sneezy, sexy, intelligent man? It was hard to believe. His answer broke my reverie.

"Yes, actually. My apartment isn't too far from here, if you'd like to come over for dinner. I'm only having spaghetti, but it's one of the few dishes I know I can make without burning down the kitchen." Again, he gave me his trademark smile, and I couldn't say anything but, "Yes."

"Yes, what?" he teased. "I don't remember asking a question. I'm pretty sure it was a statement." My cheeks turned scarlet, but he rescued me. "But I like that answer, even if I didn't ask a question. Shall we?" With this, he stood, tucking his book away in the pocket of his jacket that rested on the back of his chair. Putting it on, he smiled again and offered me his hand.

I rose, half-full cup of hot chocolate and book in tow, and took his hand. It promised to be an interesting evening.

So... let me know what you think. I haven't written anything in first person before, so I'm not sure, but this just came into my mind, and I wanted to write it out. It's the kind of thing that I would love to happen, and I could actually see happening. :P Oh, and if you don't follow D&D, I apologise for the references. If you want an explanation, just ask.

~Me~

I LOVE this. :P

I love the interplay between the characters. Oh- and especially the part where the main character slips into fantasy and then back to reality. Oh- and I just love your descriptions too.

I've missed your beautiful work. If you are so inspired- I would Adore it if you'd continue.

You just put my love of things in ONE story! B&N, my fantasy of meeting nerdy sneezy guy there as well came close, wonderful sneezes, just - excellent! :P Must I say, I love the way you write as well. I find it terribly hard to keep mine in first person, but you do it beautifully!

This is great Skada... so true to life and well written (I personally don't like fantasy stories). Please continue to share their adventures with us!

Very well done dear, you are always so good at painting the most vivid picture of scenes. It is almost as if you are there.

Though I am not sure a dirty napkin would do a d6, maybe a d4 :P:drool::drool:

awwwwwwwww that was so CUUUUUTE :drool: (sorry.... it just gave me a nice warm fuzzy feeling like a much-needed hug). It's a very sweet story :P:drool:

Very well done dear, you are always so good at painting the most vivid picture of scenes. It is almost as if you are there.

Though I am not sure a dirty napkin would do a d6, maybe a d4 :P  :P  :P

I'm thinking that because of the effects his use for the napkin had on her... it should increase the damage points :drool: If he'd used it to wipe up some spilled coffee, maybe a d4, but when you add the sexual aspect of him using it the way he did.... I think that merits a d6 :drool: We have far too much time on our hands LOL

This was wonderful!! I especially love the way you wrote the fantasy part in...a great read!

Thanks so much.

Guest Oleander

Beautiful! I really liked the whole fantasy/reality part... and the description was awesome! I literally felt like i was in that world. Please write more!! :drool:

I love this, the story was wonderful and I would love to see it expanded and continued. However, I don't think that the napkin would do so much damage.. rather, I think it would do maybe 1d3, but there would be a fortitude save of DC 12 or so to catch the cold, as well as something to the effect of the main character being considered shaken, or flat footed, due to the circumstances.

For? Ok, delay your action for me to cast something to lower her Con, then :twisted: .

Add my praises to the list, girl ;) .

*then takes his lute and starts playing and chanting with Rosie*

f.-

I am not into male sneezing, and I have not played D&D since before most of you were born, but that was exceptionally well written!

Rob

Wow, thank you, everyone! I'll have to think about continuing it. I don't want it to get cliché, so I'll have to poke around in the dimly creative corners of my mind and add some sort of twist or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't find male sneezing interesting or stimulating at all (to be honest, I'm usually repulsed by it), and I _still_ found that absolutely riveting.

Are you published? And if not, why?

Archived