Sneeze Fetish Forum

What are your favourite fandoms?

W.I.N.

Okay, so this isn't a request or even an offer to write a fic, but I'm curious and halfway looking for inspiration. I noticed that books and TV shows don't get discussed much on the General Topics forum, so I thought I'd open up a thread here and see what happens.

What kind of things do you like to read and watch (books, TV, movies, etc.)? Do you think you'd be interested in reading sneezefic about all of your fandoms, or only a few? Why do you think that is? Do you "write" fics in your head that you never end up putting to paper?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm a total geek. I watch lots of sci fi and fantasy, but it doesn't always occur to me that the show I'm watching or the book I'm reading could have sneezefic applications. I also like police procedurals (CSI for the win!) and as my ever-growing fic on the board demonstrates, I rather enjoy political thrillers like 24. My first love is still sci fi and fantasy, though. I'm a long-time Trekkie, love Babylon 5, and read voraciously.

Okay, now it's your turn. Tell me what you like! Heck, tell me what you don't like, too. :twisted:

~W.I.N.

Just about any Anime Harem Commedy, Doctor Who (but only old school - 4th Doctor), Harry Potter (but of F's and almost no one seems to write about HG or GS) and I haven't tried, personally.

I think that it is probably *Fairly* obvious that I am Slightly in love with "House". hehehe... that and Bridget Jones Diary have really been the only two fandoms that I've managed to actually write anything with. Oh... almost forgot that I wrote "Remington Steele" once Ages and Ages and Ages ago and never posted anywhere.

There are fandoms that I like that I would read sf stories of but that I just can't seem to write myself. Some of those include: Harry Potter, Law and Order CI, Pride and Prejudice (although I wrote a Tiny drabble with that once), Horatio Hornblower, Superman (the series with Dean Kane), Princess Bride, and Scrubs.

Then there are fandoms that I enjoy but just really can't put with sf. Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, and Law and Order (the orginal).

Of course with all that being said- if there is an author whose writing that I Really enjoy I'll try things that I'm generally not into. The vast majority of the time I end up loving it. It might not SQUEEE!!! me the way that something else would but I'm still just completely in love with the writing and am Very happy to read it.

Hrm, Definitely Twilight, Meredith Gentry/Anita Blake, or basically anything with a good fantasy base to it, and Placebo. Don't ask me why, but I lurvs that band. That's where most my fics originate.

X-Files, hands-down! ;) I don't have TV hooked up anymore (just DVDs), so I can't say I'm up-to-date on any current shows. But West Wing was a favorite back in the day, as was Star Trek: Voyager (sooo nerdy, I know!) I really like reading fic of all three. Oh, can't forget X-Men either (but only Gambit, Logan, and Rogue fics float my boat, for whatever reason). Read a little Harry Potter, but have never quite warmed to HP sneezefics even though I adore the books. I definitely agree that certain fandoms are "off-limits" as far as sf goes, though (Narnia and LotR for me as well!)

Interesting question. I don't think of sneezefics in association with most of my favourite authors, I guess the kinds of stories I like to read just don't lend themselves to it. I like some sci-fi/fantasy a lot, but they appeal to a different part of my brain than sneeze fiction. I've always liked the idea of a fantasy novel in which a female sorceress, or maybe an apprentice, is allergic to her spell components or has to go on an epic journey through the wilderness during the height of hay fever season however...

My favourite fiction writers are probably Ian McDonald, Margaret Atwood and Frank Herbert, but I think the addition of sneezy characters would distract from the ideas, worlds, concepts etc they work with.

As for tv I'm pretty out of touch too, but I loved the West Wing and if someone wanted to write something in which Kate Harper or Amy Gardner had allergies that would certainly get my attention. Back in the day I liked Star Trek too, and if Deanna Troi had been allergic to something, or Kira Nerys, or Seven of Nine, that would have been fun too. Oh, and I saw Watchmen recently (which rocked) and if there was a fic in which Silk Spectre developed allergies to, well, anything really, I don't think I'd be all that upset :)

As far as my own writing goes I've never written fan fiction, I prefer to use totally original characters. Maybe I'll try something one day, but I worry that I wouldn't be able to make the character seem real, or the same as people expected/wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now my main fandom is Supernatural. I love those boys more that sugar. And I love sugar. I'd read anything about either of them (provided it's not AU. For some reason any form of AU hurts my stomach) but I prefer Dean.

I also enjoy House a great deal and will read most fics that center around Wilson, unless they are from a season I don't know.

Those are the only ones I can think of right off the top of my head.

Queer as Folk, Boy Meets World, House, and there's nothing wrong with Harry Potter...

I personally pounce all over DBZ fics; Star Wars either TPM (that's Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan) or a game I've played (and am hooked on) called Knights of the Old Republic; and also FFVII. I :hug: Zack Fair and happy dance all over things with him in it. Anyone who writes those is guaranteed feedback from me.

Secondary faves would be Legend of Zelda, and Sailor Moon.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I'm in love with X-men. Love the (first two) movies, the comics, the cartoons. Write little drabbles in my head, or just play scenes that involve one of the characters sneezing.

I also like X-files, but I'm not as totally obsessed. Currently. I used to pounce on any X-files fic, sneeze or no, but my interests have changed.

The House of Night series is pure awesomeness. Love the characters, but for some reason, I haven't had the desire to read or write fanfiction pertaining to that series. I have no desire to see a sneezefic about it, either. I just like the way the authors write.

Aaand... Fantastic Four. I would pounce on any sneezefic written about Johnny, and read fanfics religously.

I think the moral of my story is that people NEED TO WRITE MARVEL-VERSE SNEEZEFICS. Not that I'm subtly hinting at anything, or being insistant. Nope.

Currently I'm obsessed with Heroes (although I was saddened by tonight's new episode) and basically anything that has Milo Ventimiglia in it makes me extremely happy. I also love LOST, Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, Scrubs, House, Back to the Future, Family Ties, Batman, CSI, Gilmore Girls, Psych....Yep. I'm pretty dorky. There's also The Bedford Diaries and Opposite Sex, which are two TV shows that got canceled that used to have Milo Ventimiglia in them. I thought that they were good.... :bounce::clapping:

• 1 month later...
Do you think you'd be interested in reading sneezefic about all of your fandoms, or only a few? Why do you think that is?

This is an interesting question. I'm a bit of a TV-aholic, but there are only a few shows I watch that I read fic for, and even less that I read sneezefic for. It's weird, and I don't completely understand it myself. Well, with non-sneezefic, if I'm watching a show that is incredibly well-written and satisfying to me as is I just don't feel the need to seek out fic for it. I feel that way about Mad Men, for example, as well as a number of HBO shows.

With sneezefic it's a little more unclear what gets me. I pretty much have to find the actor playing the character/sneezer drop dead gorgeous, which makes me feel a bit shallow. :D I enjoy sneezefics based on literature because I can make up what the sneezer looks like in my head, but if sneezefics are based on TV/movie characters I'm aware of, but aren't really attracted to, they don't do much for me. I wish I wasn't like this, because that would mean more reading for me, but what are you gonna do.

Right now the shows I'm the most into are Mad Men, Battlestar Gallactica, (I got into it just as the series was ending, unfortunately!) Dexter, and Supernatural, and Supernatural is the only one I really crave sneezefic for, because Dean/Jensen Ackles is like my dream man. I'd probably read X-Files sneeze fic too, but I'd prefer Scully (female) sneezing in that case. (Both of these shows lend themselves to writing hurt/comfort fic to start with, which could have something to do with it.) And that might be about it! Is anyone else as ridiculously picky as me?

well everyone who reads my fics knows that my 1# obsession of late is south of nowhere...I'd watch/ready absolutely anything involving spencer and ashley! as for the general question, I think I'd like any sneezefic that was based in a fandom I'm into...and those, in general, are anything involving girls kicking butt (aka buffy, charmed, heroes) or even just being strong empowered characters (aka south of nowhere, gilmore girls, west wing). I've written sneeze fics for several of those...gilmore girls, buffy (starring willow & tara, faith & buffy), and of course, south. but as others have said, if I like someone's writing style, I'd be more likely to check out other stuff they write, even if it's a fandom I don't know or love.

Guest Secrets

I love X-Men, Batman, Superman (other superhero stuffs, think Marvel). I also enjoy Twilight, Star Trek, some HP, and (though I've yet to find any), Pride and Prejudice.

Right now I'm in love with X-men. Love the (first two) movies, the comics, the cartoons. Write little drabbles in my head, or just play scenes that involve one of the characters sneezing.

-x-

Maybe you'd be interested in writing something similar to your drabbles -hint hint- I dream about it those things and I learned about X-Men through the stories here. Now, I'm hooked. Thank you SF!

Mod Note: Merged posts ~Mute

I think I'd like any sneezefic that was based in a fandom I'm into...and those, in general, are anything involving girls kicking butt (aka buffy, charmed, heroes) or even just being strong empowered characters (aka south of nowhere, gilmore girls, west wing).

Oh, I forgot about The West Wing! Speaking of girls kicking butt (and taking names!) - CJ was so, so awesome. Pretty much that entire cast was, really.

And I meant to add in my last post that another thing I tend to go for, in general but *especially* in sneezefics, are the strong types of characters you mention. I love to see the little flickers of vulnerability in them; it makes them even more attractive/interesting to me.

I love the Twilight fandoms, as well as original. I just love it, love it, love it. And M only.. although I don't mind F. Eh. I just love Edward, that may have something to do with it.

I prefer all human SFs too. But I'll accept the other things. =D

I'm not much of an anime person though...

My fandoms tend to go in phases, but also, what I like in my fandoms in general and what I like to read sneezefic about aren't always the same. (For example, I adore Gibbs sneezefic, and I love the characters of Gibbs, Ducky, and Abby--I haven't seen Ziva yet--but as a fandom in general, I'm kind of "Okay, it's fun" about NCIS.) Also, I've pretty recently come out to myself as bi, so I'm first starting to enter the whole world of female sneezing as a turn-on (like "South of Nowhere" which I've never seen, but have read some pretty hot fic about).

Sorry. I just kind of realized that doesn't say much of anything. Um...I guess look in the "Which actor plays the best cold" thread; those are also pretty much my answers. :-/

~Me

oh gosh... my fandom list grows and changes so quickly...

*Final Fantasy VII is my all-time favorite, with all of its spin-offs (Crisis Core/Dirge of Cerberus/etc). I read and write more on this than any other.

*Harry Potter is my close second as far as reading and writing fic.

*Saiyuki

*DragonballZ is fastly becoming a fav...

*Legend of Zelda... any of them, but with a special fondness for Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess

i also tend to really like Star Wars, House, Lord of the Rings, and the Kim Harrison Rachel Morgan series. i just have to be in a mood to really enjoy them as far as fic is concerned.

Guest SwedishDoll1

Great question! I LOVE the Buffy and Spike fan fictions already on here, but I would love to see some Gossip Girl fan fic with Chuck sneezing...yum, maybe even Phantom of the Opera with Girard Butler *drool, and also some Gilmore Girls with Milo Ventimilaga (yes I got that from the pic above). Batman is always good too and same with Howls Moving Castle, just Christian Bale in general (god i'm boy crazy). And I doubt any have you ever heard of it, but theres this great cult movie called The Heathers, i would lovvvve fan fic of that too with Christian Slater yum.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh I totally LOVE Saula (Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul) and Kaula (Paula abdul and kara DioGuardi) Those 2 fandoms are my life =] lol

But usually when I get into a book/movie/tvshow I make up little sneeze fics about them in my head, not always, but most of the time.

Great question! I LOVE the Buffy and Spike fan fictions already on here, but I would love to see some Gossip Girl fan fic with Chuck sneezing...yum, maybe even Phantom of the Opera with Girard Butler *drool, and also some Gilmore Girls with Milo Ventimilaga (yes I got that from the pic above). Batman is always good too and same with Howls Moving Castle, just Christian Bale in general (god i'm boy crazy). And I doubt any have you ever heard of it, but theres this great cult movie called The Heathers, i would lovvvve fan fic of that too with Christian Slater yum.

There are people in this world who have never seen Heathers?

Regarding my own tastes, I am into male sneezing, and colds. If I know and love your writing, I'll read stories that don't fall into this category, but my I admit that my fetish preferences are specific.

I like original fiction best, but some fanfic is great. The quality of the writing is the most important.

Oh, and slash is hot, except when it pairs squicky people.

TV: X-Files (Mulder, obviously. I like MSR, but other pairings are fine, except for Mulder/Krycek, Mulder/Fowley, and Reyes/anyone, because she represents everything awful about the later days of the show.)

Doctor Who (any doctor... although the first would be interesting, but not sexy, because he's just too grandfatherly.)

Torchwood (esp. owen or ianto)

Buffy (esp. giles or spike. or oz.)

Firefly

House

Other TV I haven't read in sf/fanfic, but enjoy: Battlestar Galactica (new series > old), Daria, Dead Like Me, Freaks and Geeks

Books: Almost any classic literature, or any really well-written, excellent contemporary fiction. At the moment I could really go for Jane Eyre (Rochester), Wuthering Heights (Heathcliff), Pride and Prejudice (Darcy), Bleak House.

Maybe I'll list movies later. I watch far, far too many movies to think about it now.

Against my better judgment/in spite of reason: Star Wars (Qui/Obi, despite the three newer films sucking immensely), Harry Potter (Remus/Sirius.)

Archived