Sneeze Fetish Forum

Secret Santa in July

ooo

Woo I did the form! I'm very excited to see where this goes. Just wondering: How will the givers remain anonymous to the receivers when they get their story? Or will it be non-anonymous once the story is written? If this is part of the surprise, you don't have to answer.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@blush - I was wondering if maybe we'll pass the stories on to ooo and she'll post the stories herself or something, since she's coordinating everything. I guess we'll find out though :D

I also did the form :blushing:

Woo I did the form! I'm very excited to see where this goes. Just wondering: How will the givers remain anonymous to the receivers when they get their story? Or will it be non-anonymous once the story is written? If this is part of the surprise, you don't have to answer.
@blush - I was wondering if maybe we'll pass the stories on to ooo and she'll post the stories herself or something, since she's coordinating everything. I guess we'll find out though :blushing:

I also did the form :lol:

Thanks guys, I got both your forms! Getting excited now!

Uh, with posting - I...hadn't totally thought that through yet. I'm making it up a little as we go along. :D I'm thinking once the stories are written and posted you can reveal who you are (because Secret Santas / Kris Kringles don't usually stay secret, do they?). Or maybe people would prefer to remain anonymous...

*goes off to ponder*

Yay I am so excited for this!! It's going to be a good birthday weekend:) I'm going to have to fill out a form tomorrow- I'm going to be thinking about it the whole time I'm at work!

Whenever I've done secret santa, we've revealed at the end, but I guess it depends on what everyone else thinks!

I agree with 27jaredjensen. Every time I've done secret santas (IRL and online), the secret santa keeps themselves a secret until they give the gift. Once they give the gift, they're no longer anonymous. The anonymity isn't usually to keep the person from knowing who their secret santa is, but usually just to keep a fun element of surprise involved.

That's just my own personal opinion, but I like the idea of revealing who you are at the end, unless people would strictly prefer to remain anonymous.

Hmm, okay. Every secret Santa thing I've ever done has been anonymous (or encouraged to be anonymous anyway :D) unless people decide to spill the beans. I'm happy enough either way :blushing:

This looks like fun! :D I'm excited. And I like the idea of outing ourselves at the end. The few secret-Santas that I've observed in my time had some people attempt to guess the authors, but... I'm bad at guessing, so I think a reveal is good.

Hmmm... with the proposed deadline of mid to late August, I'm afraid I won't be able to participate (I'm going to be so busy in the first half of August :D )... but...if for some reason this changes, for example to mid-September... please let me know. I'd love to sign up. :blushing:

Really awesome initiative, ooo! :lol:

Hey everyone - just about the anonymous thing, we're going to run it so the Secret Santa is revealed when posting the fic. If anyone's worried about the lack of anonymity, feel free to contact me about it - we can work it out so that I post your fic for you (with my username, that is), maybe, or whatever makes you feel comfortable. Where there's a will there's a way, and so on ^_^

Oh, and just to clarify in case there was any confusion... this is not at all just a SPN thing. It's for ANYONE who wants to participate in a fic exchange! ^_^ ooo and I both just happen to be in the middle of SPN fics, so that's why it's linked from there, but any fandoms/original fic writers are welcome!

I'm SO psyched for this! OK, filling out the form right now. So, wait, when we post the story, we say who it was for?

Also, quick question about the form. Can I split my "to give" list into things I think I'd be good at writing and things I don't think I'd be good at writing? Because there are some fandoms which I ADORE writing, but I sometimes make the characters OOC accidentally, and I don't want to disappoint anyone.

I'm SO psyched for this! OK, filling out the form right now. So, wait, when we post the story, we say who it was for?

Also, quick question about the form. Can I split my "to give" list into things I think I'd be good at writing and things I don't think I'd be good at writing? Because there are some fandoms which I ADORE writing, but I sometimes make the characters OOC accidentally, and I don't want to disappoint anyone.

Oh, hi again! I just got your form, and yep, what you did with it was absolutely fine. I'll try really hard to give you something you think you'd be good at writing if that's what you want. :heart: But on the other hand, if you adore writing for them I can't imagine you'd disappoint anyone!

Haha, okay, thanks :bleh:. I mean, I don't mind doing one of the other fandoms - I love all of the ones on my list, really - I just really don't want to have someone be all excited about a fic and then discover that the character's voice doesn't quite match up to the TV show's/book's dialogue. :heart: I would feel really guilty.

I love the idea! Sent you mine, great chance for me to start participating more here anyways!

What happens if we want more details about who the person we're writing for wants? :drool:

Would you be able to organize something for that? (:

What happens if we want more details about who the person we're writing for wants? :wub:

Yep, I think that's the next stage. For now, I think ooo is sorting through all the submission forms, and then after July 27 everyone will be matched up and then people will be asked for specific prompts, which the authors will then receive.

Savvy? :drool:

Ummm..... I know this is going to sound reeeeally stupid but, how do you PM people? Sorry :drool:

What happens if we want more details about who the person we're writing for wants? :heart:

Yep, I think that's the next stage. For now, I think ooo is sorting through all the submission forms, and then after July 27 everyone will be matched up and then people will be asked for specific prompts, which the authors will then receive.

Savvy? :wub:

Yep, exactly that :heart: If you still need more information after you've received the prompts, you can totally PM me and I'll pass the questions on to your recipient. Hope that helps!

Ummm..... I know this is going to sound reeeeally stupid but, how do you PM people? Sorry :drool:

Uh. Huh. It's possible you can't, actually, because you're still "pending" (I'm a bit iffy on that though - staff?). There's usually a link on the top right hand corner of the page that says "0 (or 1, 2...) new messages" and you click on that and that opens your inbox. Or that's the way I do it, at least! But failing that, I notice you have your email in your profile - if it's okay with you, I can email you and we can do it that way instead?

Ummm..... I know this is going to sound reeeeally stupid but, how do you PM people? Sorry :wub:

Uh. Huh. It's possible you can't, actually, because you're still "pending" (I'm a bit iffy on that though - staff?). There's usually a link on the top right hand corner of the page that says "0 (or 1, 2...) new messages" and you click on that and that opens your inbox. Or that's the way I do it, at least! But failing that, I notice you have your email in your profile - if it's okay with you, I can email you and we can do it that way instead?

Oh that would be great!!! :heart: Ya, I figured it was cuz im still pending lol but if its okay with you I'd love to do it through email!!! :drool:

Ummm..... I know this is going to sound reeeeally stupid but, how do you PM people? Sorry :wub:

Oh that would be great!!! :heart: Ya, I figured it was cuz im still pending lol but if its okay with you I'd love to do it through email!!! :drool:

Done! :heart:

If there are any other pendings with email addresses in their profiles I'm happy to do the same for you if it suits. Just post here to let me know and I'll get right on to it!

ETA: If you're a pending without an email address in your profile, I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to post it here, so, uh...don't do that. :lol: I don't really know that we can get around that but if you're still really keen on participating that might be something you'd have to ask the staff about? Sorry for the lack of helpfulness/accurate information.

I'd like to participate as well, though I'm fairly certain I can't PM either. I do have my email address up, though! So if it's not too much trouble, I can do it via email.

I'd like to participate as well, though I'm fairly certain I can't PM either. I do have my email address up, though! So if it's not too much trouble, I can do it via email.

Done! :drool:

Just sent the form!!! :drool: Thanks again!!! ^_^

Yay... can't wait to see who I got... it is like Christmas. Are we/can we post these stories in the story section or are they just for the specific person?

Archived