Sneeze Fetish Forum

Official Secret Santa 2014/2015 Thread - PMs Sent December 2

bloom

Since there was so much interest in Sophie<3's thread even this early in the season, I thought I'd try to get this year's Secret Santa underway to give everybody time to enter and then get started! It always creates a lot of good new content for the forum, and Purple did a really great job organizing last year's, so I hope that this year's can be just as positive and successful.

The general idea is that you guys send me the form I will detail below and then I will match you up with someone, you write or draw something for them within their tastes, and then post it in the appropriate forum before the deadline.

So the involved dates will be:

November 30, 2014: Sign-up deadline

December 5, 2014: The date you will receive your matches

January 7, 2015: The deadline for posting your gift

Before I lay out the form I'll need you to submit to me so I can match you, I want to get the rules and guidelines out of the way first, just so everyone knows exactly what they're getting into by signing up. I know this section will probably end up being a little long, but I'm sure you guys understand that it's just because I want to be thorough and make sure everybody has the best possible time giving and receiving their gifts. I'm sure everybody will put in a lot of effort to make sure that their recipient will be satisfied with their gift – the forum's creators consistently turn out excellent stories and art and I'm positive the Secret Santa will be no exception.

• First, for written gifts, as with previous years, a rough 1000 total word count is a good guideline to ensure that everybody receives a substantial gift. If you prefer writing drabbles, that's totally fine! Just try to make sure that your drabbles total around 1000 words. It's also absolutely okay if you go above and beyond this limit and decide to write a novel, as long as you feel like you can get in within the deadline. For art, I don't think there's an easy way to make sure things are equal, so I will leave it in the very capable hands of the artists.
  • No 18+ content – it adds a layer of difficulty into the organization process and I'm just not sure I could accommodate everybody's preferences this way, so it's easier if we just leave it to stuff everybody can enjoy.
  • This goes without saying, but please make sure you respect your recipient's preferences. They're listed both to make sure it's easier for you to write and more likely that it will be something your recipient really enjoys!
  • Please try very hard to post your gift within the deadline date. I understand completely that things pop up, but if you are going to be late or need to drop out, please let me know as soon as you possibly can so that I can let your recipient know and make other arrangements for their gift. This is part of the reason I won't be participating; in the event of an orphan I will step in to fill a gap if I need to (but hopefully nothing like that will be necessary).
  • If you have any questions, comments, suggestions about anything, please PM me or post in-thread! But you should probably PM me if your question is about the person you're gifting to – you don't want to spoil the surprise, and acting as an intermediary is my job as the organizer, so it's no trouble at all.

Now, onto the somewhat more fun part of all of this: Filling out the form you need to PM me in order to participate! For members who are still Pending, I know you don't have access to the PM function yet, but you can absolutely still participate if you would like to. Just make sure you have your email address listed on your profile here and post in-thread that you would like to participate and I will be happy to contact you that way in order for you to fill out the form necessary for participation! (Don't post your contact details directly in the thread, though, this is against forum rules. Just edit your profile and put it in there that way.)

So, onto what I will need from you:

Giving

• Preferred medium to gift. Typically the Secret Santa involves mainly writing, but you can request art if you would like. I can't guarantee that you will receive what you request because it's partially dependent upon who signs up, but I will try my best to honor your preference here.
  • Tell me what you prefer to write/draw, original or fanfiction/fanart. If you like doing fanfiction/fanart, please list some of the fandoms you'd be most comfortable creating for. Try to be as inclusive as possible, just so we can cater to as many people as possible. Please specify whether or not you're willing to write/draw original and whether you're willing to write/draw fanfiction/fanart.
  • This is partially covered under the above bullet point, but also specify what gender(s) you would prefer to write stories/art of.
  • If there is anything you absolutely cannot stand to draw/write, tell me here. I would hate to match people if someone's likes make someone else uncomfortable so again, be as inclusive as possible – anything that makes you uncomfortable, be it specifically fetish-related or not (so things like mess, or certain fandoms or ships – just anything you don't feel comfortable with writing, for any reason).

Receiving

• Preferred medium to receive. Again, there's no guarantee your preference will be fulfilled here but of course I will do my best.
  • Tell me if you prefer original or fandom, and what fandoms you would be happy to receive if you're into fandom at all. Tell me what characters (or kinds of characters) you would like to see, too. If you have some kind of genre preference, feel free to state that as well (something romance-oriented, action, whatever – no guarantee your giver can fulfill it but I'll put it out there for them to give a whirl).
  • Let me know what gender(s) you would like to receive stories/art of.
  • List your likes, fetish-wise. Be as detailed as you can with this so that your giver understands exactly what you'd like! Anything you particularly like is totally fine to list with the exception of 18+ content. (And don't be embarrassed or anything - the only people who will see this are me and your giver.)
  • Conversely, detail your dislikes. Again, be specific. Anything that squicks you out or makes you uncomfortable that has the possibility of being involved in a story/drawing here should be listed.

I am pretty sure that covers more or less everything (she said, after having written a thousand words on the subject heh.gif ), but please, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask in-thread or via PM! I will probably bump this thread a time or two after the initial posting just to make sure as many people as possible see it and can join if they're interested. Thanks for reading and participating! biggrin.png

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, thank you to Mint for undertaking the organisational aspect of this year's Secret Santa!

For members who are still Pending, I know you don't have access to the PM function yet, but you can absolutely still participate if you would like to. Just make sure you have your email address listed on your profile here and post in-thread that you would like to participate and I will be happy to contact you that way in order for you to fill out the form necessary for participation! (Don't post your contact details directly in the thread, though, this is against forum rules. Just edit your profile and put it in there that way.)

Secondly, just a reminder that Pending members can edit their profiles by following the instructions in this post

Have fun everyone!

I just wanted to mention an odd glitch that happened to me earlier today on the forum; I had a PM notification pop up, but when I clicked on it, I had no new PMs. I just want to make sure that nobody tried to PM me and the software bugged out and your PM never made it to me. :lol:

So, I have entries from PuddinPop, FreeFluShots, Sitruuna, and KickingUpTheDust - if you tried to PM me and you're not one of those four people, go ahead and send it again because I have no idea what happened with that bug there. There's a chance it was nothing but I wanted to post here just to make sure because I wouldn't want anybody to get left out because of a forum glitch!

I am so looking forward to this.

Mint, you are a babe for organising it this year.

YE GRONK.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS. I love this time of year on the forum~ This is seriously one of the most fun things I look forward to all year long! >w<~ Thanks for hosting, Mint! You're the bomb~

I'm new. I'm sorry. Email is in my profile. Here is the info you requested:

Giving

Preferred medium to gift. Story / Fan fiction

Tell me what you prefer to write:

Fan fiction: harry potter (teacher generation), Gargoyles, Les miserables (Calvert), Reign, Star Wars (prequels/ obi/qui)

specify what gender(s) you would prefer to write stories/art of. Male

If there is anything you absolutely cannot stand to draw/write, tell me here.

LotR, intimate scenes

Receiving

Preferred medium to receive. Story

Tell me if you prefer original or fandom, and what fandoms you would be happy to receive if you're into fandom at all. Tell

HP: sneezing Remus or Snape

Star Wars: sneezing qui-gon

Les Mis: sneezing Javert

Reign: snnezjng Castleroy, or Bash

Let me know what gender(s) you would like to receive stories/art of. Male, please

List your likes, fetish-wise.

Messy; needy, but unable to ask; feverish; weak; vulnerable. No messy sex, please (squicky)

Okay, I sent my information to you just now, Mint. It really looks like I'll have to write my story on Christmas Eve, but oh well! :laugh: I just really wanted to participate again this year, so I'll make it work!

Also: Come on, everybody, we need more people participating! You know how it is: the more the merrier! ;)

I didn't get to do last year's for whatever reason, so I'm beyond thrilled to be participating again! It's always so much fun ^_^

I'm glad there's been as much interest as there has. :D I've got eleven entrants so far and I'm hoping for loads more! :dancesequence:

Frenchposie, when the time comes for matches, I will email you. For the rest of the non-validated members who would like to participate, don't detail your stuff in-thread - just post to give me a head's up that you want to join and that your email is in your profile and I'll contact you that way. (You haven't done anything wrong, frenchposie, this is just what makes it a little easier for me!)

I would love to participate, and I have added my email in my profile smile.png

Thanks for organizing this, Mint!

Email sent, in case you wanna take it off your profile since I've got it now!

SO SIGNING UP. Be on the lookout for my PM, it will probably take me until at least the end of the month to fill out XD (jk jk but a day probably)

So, this glitch with the PM notification popped up again, and again, I don't know if someone was trying to contact me. I'm sorry, I really have no idea what's going on. If everybody could do me a favor and post in-thread that they've PMed me before or after they do, that would be really helpful, because yeah, I dunno why this has happened twice now.

I have entries from: PuddinPop, KickingUpTheDust, Sitruuna, FreeFluShots, MaiMai, kendaahhll, matilda3948, Paws, BlackScatter, Sophie<3, frenchposie, Possum, Dusty15, sapphiremint, Indescribable, Daisoku, PetalsAndThorns, Emily, Maru-chan, ickydog2006, gryffin, A440, and Masking.

If your name isn't on this list and you've tried to PM me, post in-thread and I'll contact you. I'm really sorry this has happened twice now but if it's a software thing I don't think there's much to be done about it, so I gotta work around!

Archived