Sneeze Fetish Forum

The scientific adventures of liz & mandy, an adventure club spinoff

Blah!?

I hope that title isn't too long...

Anyway, I have once again been dragging my feet on the actual Adventure Club, but I did manage to get myself to write a little spinoff story here. It doesn't feature any of the main four club members, instead focusing on fan favorite supporting character Liz, and my personal favorite supporting character Mandy. I don't really do much to introduce them here, so if you're not familiar with The Adventure Club I recommend you read at least a couple chapters from it:

http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=48534&hl=

I suppose there's not much more to say about it other than this is back to my usual weird machinations. If that sounds good to you, then dive on in!

-----

"Alright, hold still and smile like I told you."

"O-okay..."

Liz put on a toothy but nervous smile as Mandy held up a plain spray bottle. Mandy narrowed her eyes in concentration, raising the bottle until it was level with Liz's open lips. Glancing around nervously, Liz began to sweat.

"Is this going to hurt?" she asked, keeping her teeth together and her lips apart. Mandy slumped over in defeat, her arms falling to her sides.

"No, of course it's not going to hurt," she grumbled as she straightened herself up. Liz nodded apprehensively, but she spoke up again just as Mandy raised the bottle once more.

"Why not get someone else from the science club to test this for you?"

"Liz..." Mandy groaned, her shoulders drooping again.

"I mean, why me?"

Mandy hesitated, and then she closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. She sighed, shaking her head, and when she finally stood straight again she avoided eye contact with her recruited assistant.

"I needed a fresh set of eyes."

"But-"

Growing impatient, Mandy suddenly poked the tip of Liz's nose with the index finger of her free hand. Liz cringed, her head tipping back as she gave a quick yelp. Mandy took advantage of the opportunity and raised her spray bottle back up to Liz's open mouth. Pressing the nozzle down, Mandy sprayed a thin mist onto Liz's bared teeth.

"Ooh, Mandy!" whined Liz, shaking her head. "That was mean!"

"It was for the greater good, I assure you," muttered Mandy in response. She set the spray bottle down on the table behind her and then held up her left wrist. Staring down at her Quantum Science Watch™,  Mandy rapidly scrolled through the data that began to appear on the screen. Her smile widened with each passing second, after a moment she managed to pull her eyes away from the watch and clap her hands together.

"I've done it again, my dear Liz," chuckled Mandy, putting her hands on her hips. Liz smiled and bounced on her chair.

"Yay! Congratulations!"

She paused.

"Um... What exactly did you do?"

Too pleased with herself to be bothered by Liz's ignorance, Mandy turned a blank monitor to face her test subject and tapped her watch against it. The screen lit up and displayed a variety of tables and diagrams. The only part of it that made any sense to Liz was a 3D model of a set of teeth in the lower right corner.

"My personal hygiene nanomites are a complete success, just as I knew they would be. By the time I finish this sentence they will have eradicated all traces of plaque and tartar in your mouth," Mandy explained, jabbing a finger at the information on the monitor. Liz beamed silently, prompting Mandy to cock her head to the side in concern.

"You... You understood that, right?"

"Yeah!" Liz suddenly exclaimed, squirming excitedly. "This is so cool! No more messy toothpaste! Way to go!"

Mandy smirked to herself, looking down at her watch again. She scrolled through a set of options before pressing a button and grinning back up at Liz.

"Alright, I'll just call the nanomites back and you'll be all set. You can go hug your bunnies or whatever it is you do."

"Yay, bunnies!" cooed Liz, rocking back and forth in her seat. Mandy, however, quickly grew significantly less enthusiastic. She pressed a button on her watch again, then again and again, but she failed to achieve the results she wanted. After mashing the button repeatedly, the image on her watch was briefly replaced by a simplistic frowny-face before displaying a string of error messages. Turning to face the larger display, Mandy began to type furiously on the connected keyboard.

"They don't appear to be answering my signal," she mumbled to herself, entering a series of commands at blinding speed. "But I should still be able to track them-"

Liz suddenly gave a loud snort, catching Mandy's attention. The scientific student turned around to see her test subject place her index finger under her nose and give it a quick but hard rub left and right. Letting her finger fall away, Liz shook her head and wrinkled her nose.

"Whoa!" she gasped, pressing her finger against her nostrils again. "I feel like something just went up my nose!"

Leaving the computer behind, Mandy rushed back over to Liz. She scrolled through yet more data on her watch, intermittently glancing up at her test subject. Liz's face became more and more pitiful by the second, her eyes fluttering and her nostrils flaring.

"Interesting," breathed Mandy, tapping her watch. "How do you feel?"

"AHHHH-CHHIIIOOO!!!"

Liz gave a loud, helpless sneeze, lightly spraying Mandy's left arm. She rubbed a finger under her nose again, this time more slowly but no less firm. The instant she stopped, however, she felt the face of Mandy's watch press into her lips. Liz gasped and sat rigid with fright, but after the watch emitted a buzzing sound Mandy removed it. Mandy wiped her watch clean on her sleeve and reached it back toward Liz just as she felt another sneeze coming on.

"AHHHH-"

Mandy shoved the face of her watch against the underside of Liz's nose just as she let out another powerful "CHHIIOOOO!!!" The watch flashed green for a second, gave an upbeat chime, and then added in a polite "gesundheit!" in a friendly, feminine voice.

"Ugh, thanks," Liz moaned cluelessly as she rubbed her nose again. She sniffed, staring at the watch for a second, and then she gazed miserably up at Mandy.

"Um, I should probably go. I think I'm having an allergy attack."

"Well, you're not," said Mandy, checking her watch and wiping it down again.

"W-what?" stuttered Liz, drooping over in her chair.

"I know what happened to the nanomites," Mandy explained, walking toward the back of the room. "They finished cleaning your teeth, and they, well... They moved on."

"Moved on?" Liz whimpered, visibly confused. "To where?"

"Let's just say they're being a little glitchy," Mandy elaborated, opening a locker against the far wall. "It would seem that at the present, they can't tell the difference between teeth and nose hairs..."

"N-nose hair!?" yelped Liz, scrunching up her face. "Ew! They went in my nose? Ew, ew, ew!"

Keeping her eyes squeezed shut, Liz frantically fanned her face with both hands. She bounced up and down nervously in her chair, oblivious to the clattering sounds that filled the room as Mandy prepared herself. Emptying the locker, Mandy removed a light exoskeleton and pulled it on over her arms and legs. After fastening the exoskeleton around her chest and securing the headset to her ear, she made her way back to her test subject.

"Liz, calm down," she commanded, raising her watch once more. Liz did her best to oblige, though she couldn't stop herself from trembling. She rubbed a finger under her nose as she watched Mandy fiddle with her watch, finally coming to a stop with her finger hovering over a digital button on the watch's face.

"I'm just going to have to hunt the nanomites down individually and shut them off. How are they treating you?"

"They're tickling my nose!" Liz whined, her loud, panicked voice cracking to a squeak. Mandy nodded with a near-silent grunt of acknowledgement, and then she pressed the face of her watch and disappeared in a sudden flash of light. Liz screamed, nearly falling out of  her chair.

"Mandy!?" she shrieked, pressing a finger to her nostrils.

"Liz, it's okay!" said Mandy's voice, coming from the nearby computer. "Contrary to how it may seem, I didn't blow up. In fact, just the opposite. I've miniaturized myself."

"M-miniature... What? How!?"

"My watch. There's an app for that."

"Why did you make an app for that!?"

"Because I can, Liz. Because I can. Now move your finger. I need to get inside."

Too exhausted and confused to ask any more questions, Liz let her finger fall away from her nose, revealing her teardrop-shaped nostrils. The near-microscopic Mandy redirected her exoskeleton's thrusters and began to ascend toward Liz's nose. As she approached, she noticed Liz's nostrils flare wide open for a second before relaxing. Knowing that her test subject was about to sneeze, Mandy set her thrusters to full power and zoomed toward the right nostril.

"Liz, sniff!" she commanded, hoping her assistant still had enough willpower left. Luckily, Liz managed to hold out for a second and then suck in a deep breath through her nose, pulling Mandy in just before sneezing. Mandy shot toward the nearest sturdy-looking nose hair and threw her arms around it, holding on for dear life.

"AHHH-CHHIOOOO!!!"

Mandy slid down the scraggly hair as air rushed through Liz's nostrils, but she managed to keep from falling. She released the hair and boosted herself up to a stronger, thicker hair where she could rest for a moment. Switching off her exoskeleton's thrusters, Mandy held her watch up to her face and spoke into it.

"Alright, I'm in," she said, taking a quick look around. "Now, don't move, don't rub your nose, don't sniff, and whatever you do, don't sneeze!"

"But I can't help it!" moaned Liz. "I have to sneeze really bad!"

"Fine, but at least warn me before you do!"

"Okehh... Uh oh... Sn-sn-snee!"

Mandy dropped prone on top of the nose hair and wrapped her arms and legs around it just in time to secure herself. Liz reared back her head and then bobbed forward with a powerful "AHHH-CHIIIOOO!!!"

"Gesundheit!" chirped Mandy's watch, its voice projecting through the computer speakers as well. Liz lifted a finger to her nose, but she remembered not to rub just before her knuckle touched her septum. Without offering a blessing of her own, Mandy began to ascend higher into Liz's nose, pulling herself up from one hair to the next.

"Oooh, tickly nose!" Liz whined, resisting the ever-growing urge to rub a finger under her nostrils. "What's going on, Mandy?"

"I need to save my thruster power for emergencies," Mandy explained, stopping to sit on a stable nose hair as she spoke. "Conveniently there's enough hair in here for me to climb pretty easily."

"Oh, this is so embarrassing!"

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. But that does give me an idea. I could make a second batch of personal hygiene nanomites specifically for trimming-"

"Mandy, no!"

"Okay, fine! But I'm getting you nose hair clippers for your birthday every year for the rest of your life! This is what happens when you stand in the way of science!"

"You're so mean!"

Ignoring the rest of Liz's complaining, Mandy resumed her ascent. She leapt from hair to hair, occasionally bracing herself against Liz's nasal membranes as she climbed. Liz was handling the ordeal surprisingly well, especially once Mandy discovered what her nanomites had been doing.

A purple and gray spherical machine hovered amidst a net of nose hairs. A fluffy purple brush was suspended horizontally between two arms protruding from the machine's sides, and it was diligently scrubbing each of the surrounding hairs until they were squeaky clean. Once it finished a given patch, it floated higher up into Liz's nose to continue its work. Reactivating her exoskeleton's thrusters, Mandy shot upward toward the nanomite and landed clumsily on top of it.

"I have you now!" she muttered to herself, opening a panel on top of the machine. All of the controls and displays inside were perfectly sized for a tiny operator. Mandy had miniaturized herself to build the initial prototype relative to her own proportions, and micro-mass production took care of the rest. Attempting to determine the cause of the nanomites' glitch, Mandy punched a few buttons and watched the screen inside as some garbled information scrolled across. She was glad the machine was ignoring her for the time being, but Liz had no such luck.

"Ahh... M-Mandy, I'm going to... I'm going to sn-sneeze!"

Mandy ignored Liz's words as she focused on the nanomite, leaving her watch to respond instead.

"Please reconsider, Elizabeth."

"Well, ahh... It's... It's n-not really... Not really up to me."

The face of Mandy's watch changed to a minimalistic concerned expression. A series of web pages appeared on the computer monitor for Liz to look at, but she was far too distracted by the tickle in her nose to notice.

"According to the following sources, saying the word 'grapefruit' can prevent a sneeze, as can touching the roof of your mouth with-"

"AHHHH-CHHIIIOOOOO!!!"

Mandy held on to the nanomite as yet another powerful sneeze surged through Liz's nose. The tiny machines were clearly resistant to being blown out, and just as Mandy predicted, the nanomite's thrusters were strong enough for it to completely resist the force of Liz's sneeze, allowing it to continue its work as if nothing had happened. Once the air current dissipated, Mandy hit the nanomite's emergency stop button and leapt onto a nearby hair as the machine shut down. The deactivated nanomite fell straight down, snagging on a net of nose hairs before it could exit Liz's nostril.

"Well, that's one down," Mandy muttered to herself, gazing deeper up into Liz's nose. "How many to go?"

"Thirty eight in this nostril, and forty one in the other," informed the watch, its voice pleasant as ever.

"What!?" gasped Liz, slumping in her chair. "Oh, Mandy, I can't do this all day. My parents will get worried, and if I'm sneezing this much they'll make me go to the doctor with you still inside my head, and... And... This is really, really weird!"

"Patience, Liz," said Mandy, brushing herself off. "You can't rush science."

"But Mandy..."

"I believe Elizabeth's logic is sound," noted Mandy's watch. "These time constraints could pose a problem. The nanomites are ascending farther into Elizabeth's nose more quickly than you can shut them down by hand, even in this nostril alone. There is no way to know for sure what they will do once they finish, for lack of a better term, cleaning. I suggest devising an alternative solution."

Mandy let out a hum of concentration, rubbing her chin with her fingers. She leaned back and stared upward again, watching a few nanomites as they scrubbed away at Liz's nose hairs. Of course the fact that they mistook hairs for teeth was an issue, but the root of the problem was that they ignored the initial recall signal.

"Hey," Mandy began, lifting her watch, "have you made any progress on the communication error?"

"I have a hypothesis," replied the watch. "It is possible that while the nanomites failed to respond to your commands, their peer to peer network may still be functional. If you can manually input a shutdown order into one of the active nanomites, it should propagate to the remaining units."

"I don't know what any of that means, but if it might work, please try," pleaded Liz, squeezing her eyes shut. Her outstretched finger hovered shakily under her nose, desperate to rub. The farther the nanomites progressed up her nose, the more fiercely they tickled, and the harder it was to hold in her sneezes.

Snapping her fingers, Mandy activated her thrusters once again. She held up her watch and gave it a nod, though she neglected to provide Liz any sort of warning as she took off again. Mandy rocketed up toward the nearest nanomite, whipping through a series of hairs that sent a tickle shooting through Liz's nostril in her wake.

"M-Mandy, I..." Liz breathed, barely able to give a warning of her own. She reared up, drawing a deep breath, and Mandy just managed to clamp down on a nose hair before Liz thrust forward.

"AHHHH-CHHIIOOOOO!!!"

"Gesundheit! You are doing well, Elizabeth. This will all be over soon."

"Yeah, she sneezes on me four times and you congratulate her," grumbled Mandy as she pulled herself back up. She took off toward the nanomite again, continuing to mutter under her breath.

"Sorry, Mandy," whimpered Liz, her nostrils flaring helplessly. "My nose is really tickly right now, and it's making me sneezy."

"Do not fret, Elizabeth," comforted the watch as Mandy straddled the nanomite. "You sneezed on me when my face was pressed directly against your nostrils, and I am not upset with you."

"Aw, you're sweet," cooed Liz, starting to squirm a little.

"You are literally incapable of being upset," interjected Mandy, briefly glancing at her watch.

"That is irrelevant."

Mandy furiously punched a series of buttons in the nanomite's control panel. She began to sweat as she felt Liz's breathing growing more and more erratic, a sure sign that she was about to sneeze yet again. A bit of extra light flooded in as Liz's nostrils flared, and then the nasal passage darkened again as she relaxed.

"Muh... Mandy... I think... I think this is going to be a big one," Liz hitched, her voice increasing in pitch with each word. Mandy wiped her brow on her sleeve as she finalized the shutdown command.

"Just a few more seconds."

"I... I don't... I don't think I caahh..."

"Liz..."

"Aaahhh..."

"Liz, no."

"Aaaahhhhh..."

"Don't sneeze, Liz!"

Mandy punched the final button so hard she thought she might have broken it. Knowing there was no time to lose, she grabbed the nearest nose hair and held on for dear life. She fully expected to be blown clean out of Liz's nostril, but after a few seconds nothing happened. Mandy knew better than to let go, but she relaxed somewhat and took a look around.

"Whew, that was a close one!" sighed Liz, allowing herself some relief with a quick, gentle rub under her nostrils. Mandy ignored her test subject and watched as the nanomites above fell harmlessly into Liz's nose hairs. She let out a sigh and slumped against the nearest nasal membrane.

"All nanomites are confirmed deactivated," informed the watch, putting on a smiley face.

"We still have to get them out of here," Mandy muttered under her breath. Giving little thought to Liz's wellbeing, she climbed through the nose hairs until she reached the nearest nanomite. Sticking a hand into the machine's brush, Mandy plucked out a feathery purple bristle and held it tightly in her hand.

"Alright Liz," she said, sitting down on the nearest nose hair and scooting up toward its base. "There's one last thing I need you to do."

"But isn't that it?" Liz asked, feeling puzzled. "My nose isn't tickly anymore."

"Just trust me. There's a petri dish on the table across from you. Go pick it up."

"Okay..."

Liz did as she was told, rising from her chair and walking toward the table. She picked up the empty plastic dish, clueless as to its purpose. After a few seconds passed without hearing from Mandy again, Liz held the dish a bit closer to her face to inspect it. Then, without warning she felt a sharp tickle deep inside her right nostril.

"M-Mandy!? What's g-going ahhh..." Liz tried to ask, but the tickle in her nose came on far too quickly for her to utter a complete sentence.

"Just a second, Liz," said Mandy, tickling Liz's nasal membrane with the feathery bristle. She stroked it up and down against the soft, moist wall, occasionally moving it to tickle the nose hair she was sitting on. Feeling Liz start to tremble, Mandy knew she was almost finished.

"Ahh-Aaahhh-AAAHHH-!"

With an irregular buildup, Liz prepared for a particularly massive sneeze. Her head tipped back with each breath, and she froze at the peak of her arched back, her shoulders tensing. After holding her breath for a second, Liz thrust forward so far that the tip of her nose bumped lightly against the base of the petri dish.

"AAAHHHHHH-CHHHHIIIIOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Liz's nostrils sprayed a mixture of nanomites, boogers and Mandy into the dish. She continued to hold it obliviously in her right hand as she reached her left index finger up to her face and furiously rubbed her nose. The tickle in her nostril had been so intense that for a moment she completely forgot about Mandy and her tiny machines, focusing solely on removing the irritation from her nose.

"Whew, good job, Liz," Mandy chuckled, glancing around at the piles of deactivated nanomites surrounding her in the dish. An apology never once crossed her mind as she glanced back at her test subject. Mandy's smile quickly disappeared as she stared back up at Liz's teardrop-shaped nostrils, filled with glistening nose hairs. They flared wide open, and before Mandy could even raise an arm to shield herself, Liz sneezed into the petri dish a second time.

"AHHH-CHIIIOOOO!!!"

Liz's sneeze released a light mist of spray that would have been insignificant to any properly-sized person. Mandy, however, was completely drenched. At a loss for words, she raised her hands above her head and then flicked them downward, removing a layer of spray from her arms. A minimalistic smile flashed on the face of her watch.

"Gesundheit, Elizabeth!"

-----

And that's all, folks. I don't know if I'll make an actual spinoff series with these two or not, but either way this story was a lot of fun to write. A little self-indulgence every once in a while isn't so bad. As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated, and above all I hope you enjoyed reading!

"My watch. There's an app for that."

:lmfao:

Another light, fun read from you Blah! I love your creativity, too. Teeth-brushing nanomites that malfunction and move on to nose hair? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT? So clever and funny :D

Also, I think Mandy is now my favorite character.

I hope you do end up making this into a series. I love sneezy Liz and Mad Scientist Mandy. They make quite a fun pair. I love your stories.

Archived