Sneeze Fetish Forum

What do you like in fetish fiction?

Geist

What do you like in fetish fiction?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like in fetish fiction?

• It has to have a plot for me to read it, sneezing or not!
    • A plot is good, but there has to be a lot of sneezing, too!
    • Plot? What plot? Just make them sneeze, dammit!

I usually go for a plot when I write. Or at least interaction between characters.

I don't always have a strong plot (i.e. a problem that requires resolution or something) but there is something in the stories besides the sneezing, usually conversation between characters, sometimes deep, sometimes just chatter. But there is an actual story to be read in mine; the some of my stories with some editing could be posted without any sneezing at all, and there would still be a story there.

I've noticed that when I don't have much of a plot, there is more character developement.

And yeah, a lot of the time, the plot is where a cold or allergy spoils plans and they have to make new ones, but...hey, it's a sneezefic.

I think I've only written one story where sneezing was the plot. It was a Percy and Oliver fic, (not Percy/Oliver) and it's about their first year at Hogwarts and Percy's embarrassment the first time he has to sneeze in front of Oliver. (any yes, they're both 11 in the story; I would have preferred to write them older, but it is not logical to assume that Percy went seven years before he had to sneeze in front of Oliver)

Anyway, anyone who wants to read my stories, they can be found here: Brigidmn's page

edited to expand on this

Guest RosieC

I do definitely prefer a plot, but lots of sneezing :)

I prefer it when it's described really thoroughly about the sneeze building up on the person, and them trying to hold it back...:)

I'm starting to get the idea that plot is more important to the women than the men . . . very interesting, indeed! 

Not to me, not really.

Assuming i'm in the story reading mood...I always want the fetish fiction stuff I read to usually be about nothing. Just normal everyday situations. I really have no use for fantasy fetish fiction, it does nothing for me. And the reason for this, I think is because my fantasies are always things that could happen....I'm not having sex with elves, I'm not casting spells on anyone… I'm just somewhere where SOMEBODY is sneezing.

But, I agree with frack about getting annoyed with certain stories where it looks like the writer wasn't even trying. The whole point for me, is I would just like it to be written well...but the plot itself isn't really all that important to me. For example, I've always liked that story on Tarotgal's site. It sort of has a plot, but not really...it's just some guy who sneezed a lot in school that day. I don't need sneezing characters to be on a mission or anything, in fact...some of that stuff kind of annoys me. When I used to lurk and just read stories, with the long ones I remember I just used to skip down to the sneezes and that was it for me. I have limited attention span, and like I said...I really just have to be in a story reading mood.

But, I mean...I recognize people who really try hard to write a good story. And I envy them when they can do it. The only stories I've ever written are these little scenarios...which are ultra-personal, and I probably won't have the courage to post any of those for a very long time. :twisted: Besides, scenarios are just little things that amuse me. Not sure how thrilled anybody else would be to read about my personal sneezing sexual fantasies. That's my problem with a lot of fanfics. I really don't care much for those either. I would maybe if I wrote it, but the stuff I watch usually doesn't amuse anyone else.

So yeah, plot's not that important...but just try a little. :)

Hmmmmm......just because a story is about a sci-fi or fantasy charcter does not make it "not a normal situation", so to speak. What's wrong with boinking Elves anyway? :) (i'm just ribbing you, Susie! :twisted: )

Most of mine do not have this fantastic huge plot . . . . but I DO strive to make them well written and interesting. And I think they are. The characters may not sneeze every two sentences, but they DO sneeze when it is called for.

BUT.........................

Sometimes, I just want to make them SNEEZE, dammit! :twisted: Hell, even *I* have those moments where I say, "fuck this writing......Muses....have some pepper....have some pollen....have some germs....SNEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!" :laugh:

I think a lot of this depends on moods and such. Sometimes you wanna read...sometimes....you wanna get off . . . . :):laughbounce:

~Frack

It actually wasn't a question . . . . :):twisted: 'Tis a fact given the word "FETISH" in the forum title.... :laugh:

~Frack, off to write smut.

As for me, I need a plot. But then it can be a sneeze from allergy, from a cold or just because it was about time to sneeze. Well, people sneeze from time to time without any reason :twisted: So why not in a book, too?

I need to "know" the person that is sneezing, I need to know a few details of him or her, that's why I love reading the plot and not just a story that starts with sneezing and ends up with sneezing.

*nods* for me the details highten the experience especially as I just Love particular scenes or character types. And in order to get to know the character they have to be described.

I totally agree frack- about just saying "to heck with writing more background- just Sneeze already" :twisted:

I am working on a couple of things and it is driving me nuts- I want "build up" and background to set things into a context that I like- but then again- I just want to torture my male character too- so I am divided.

even when I want just a quick story so I can "get to the point so to speak" there has to be a little bit of plot and character description so I can see it. An excellent example in addition to all the fine examples given before is Starpollen's "Stargazer Lillies" plenty of descriptin and plenty of sneezes :bleh:

even when I want just a quick story so I can "get to the point so to speak" there has to be a little bit of plot and character description so I can see it.  An excellent example in addition to all the fine examples given before is Starpollen's "Stargazer Lillies"  plenty of descriptin and plenty of sneezes :bleh:

Credit where it's due, that story was written by Angelis. Not that Starpollen didn't write many good stories too.

I pretty much agree with Susie, alhough I like some fantasy stories too. Plot and deep characters are not something I look for in fetish fiction.

For me, a plot is important, good descriptive narrative is ultra-important - all my senses have to be engaged, even ones I don't have. I want to know what the characters are thinking, smell what they can smell and hear what they can hear (especially at certain times in the story :angel: :);) ). Even if a story doesn't "trip my trigger" in a fetish sense, if it has a good plot I will still enjoy reading it.

An important thing is that a well-crafted story doesn't have to be long or involved, there are stories out there that are beautiful in their simplicity, it just has to engage with the reader. I hope all that makes sense

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before or not but eather way I think it's a wonderful question Frack :) .

For me plot is important but only to a point. What I find far more important is drama. I want the story and the sneezes to be exciting :cry: and descriptive :P .

I don't just want to know that someone sneezed :shy: , I want to know why they sneezed :blink: . What caused it if they know, whats going on inside there mind when the sneeze is coming, are they afraid :) , releaved or what has you :bleh: .

Inquiring minds want to know :bleh: .

I guese what I'm saying is I want my sneezes to have substance :lol: .

Archived