Behind the Facade part 3

Jorm

Title: Behind the Façade

Author: Raven C.

Fandom: Harry Potter

Rating: PG 13

Pairing: Snape/Vicktor (not Krum)

Genre: Romance (slash)

Spoilers: books 1-6 (Takes place during book 6)

Disclaimer: All characters affiliated with the Harry Potter books and movie series are the sole property of J. K. Rowling and Warner Brothers studio. Vicktor is mine. (And yes I know it’s not the normal spelling of the name.)

Summary: Snape is exhausted and sore from a long weekend pretending to be a Death Eater and comes down with a cold. His secret boyfriend Vicktor comes for a visit and lends a hand. (And perhaps a little more than a hand; nudge nudge, wink wink.)

Author’s note: If anyone feels like drawing a picture of Vicktor (with or without Snape) I would love you forever! I can’t draw to save my life, but would love to have a visual of him outside of my own mind. If you want a more detailed description of what he looks like feel free to e-mail me or you can just draw your own idea of what he looks like.

* The lethifold is taken from thhe version of "fantastic beasts and where to find them" that is available to buy.

A little while later Snape stepped into the Great Hall, then immediately stepped back out just in time to muffle a fit of harsh wet sneezes into the crook of his arm. “Eckshoo! Hupchhh! Eh…Eshooo! Ishoo! IckCHOO!” By the time the fit was over his head was pounding, his eyes were watering and his nose was running uncontrollably. He pulled out the handkerchief Vicktor had given him and blew his nose fiercely, which unfortunately didn’t help much. He sighed and stepped back into the Great Hall, Stalking, or rather attempting to stalk, but actually limping, past the house tables with his head down, and took his seat on Dumbledore’s left where he immediately felt the man’s and on is shoulder. He turned to see those crystal blue eyes looking at him with concern. “Severus –“ Dumbledore began, but Snape cut him off irritably, not at all the mood to be babied by the Headmaster himself. “Ib fide.” He grimaced at the congestion in his voice, cleared his throat and repeated, “I’m fine.” somewhat more clearly. Dumbledore, however, did not look convinced and for a minute Snape thought with horror that he was going to feel his forehead right there in front of the entire school, but instead Dumbledore merely poured him a large glass of Pumpkin juice and offered him some toast. Snape took the juice gratefully, but declined the toast. He stayed in the Great Hall only as long as he thought absolutely necessary and ate hardly anything. All the while he was sure he could feel Dumbledore’s eyes upon him. Not wanting to be noticed, he left by the back door that lead into the small anti-chamber where the first years waited to be sorted at the beginning of each year and made his way up to the Defense Against the dark Arts classroom through a maze of blessedly empty corridors. Once there he slumped into his chair massaging his temples. This was going to be a very long day, he thought with a sigh. And the fact that his first class was a double with the sixth year Gryffindors and Slytherins didn’t help matters a bit. Potter, Weasley, Granger, and Malfoy all at the same time. “This must be what Hell is like.” He muttered to himself and sneezed wetly again, this time not even bothering to cover his nose and mouth and consequently spraying his desk, as he was propelled foreword by the force of the sneeze. A minute later the bell signaling that first period was about to start rang and Snape winced as a sharp pain stabbed between his eyes. The corridors where soon full of the sound of many feet, which Snape thought sounded more like elephants or at least a large heard of centaurs than students. Nonetheless it was students and not elephants that soon flooded into his classroom, chattering amongst themselves, though Snape thought vaguely that he might have actually preferred elephants to this lot. “Quiet!” he snapped hoarsely and silence fell almost instantly. Snape couldn’t help but sneer a little at his ability to control a class with so little effort. He cleared his throat and began the lesson, trying hard to ignore the tickle that was beginning to build at the back of his nose. “Today you will be learning about the…” He paused, fighting desperately against the quickly growing need to sneeze. “About the… heh… the… eh…ehSHOO! IckCHOO!” He soon lost the battle however and doubled over with two forceful sneezes. Taking a deep breath against the throbbing in his temples, he straightened up and glared at the class, as though daring them to even think out about blessing him and continued. “Today you will be learning about the Lethifold, or Living Shroud. It is one of the most dangerous and stealthy magical creatures that are known to us.” To his dismay the tickling sensation had returned and he could tell he would not last long without being forced to sneeze again. He wanted very much to yell in frustration, but instead continued as calmly as he could with the lesson. “Very few have survived a Lethifold attack, and many that do are plagued by terrible nightmares that frequently result in insanity. The Lethifold resembles a… a…” he gritted his teeth and forced back the impending sneeze as best he could as the class looked on expectantly and somewhat confusedly. “It resembles a shadow or black cloak. IckSHOO!” he barely managed to finish the sentence before sneezing. He turned back toward his desk and blew his nose as quietly as he could, someone behind him snickered. He whipped angrily around and saw Draco Malfoy smirking at him. “Do you find something I said amusing, Malfoy?” he hissed dangerously. “No Sir.” Malfoy said in his most innocent voice. “Good.” Snape snapped before Malfoy could say anymore. “Now, does anyone know the only effective way of defending against a Lethifold attack?” As usual the only hand in the air was Hermione Granger’s, which was not only in the air, but was also bobbing up and down and had I fact shot into the air before he had even finished his sentence. Snape glared at her. “Anyone other than Miss Granger?” He asked acidly, forcing himself not to add, ‘the know it all’, he thought for a minute about venting some of his frustration by calling on Harry, but quickly realized that he really didn’t have the energy for the insuing argument that would no doubt follow that action. “Very well,” he sighed, “Go ahead Miss Granger.” “The only effective defense against a Lethifold is the Patronus Charm, Sir. And it was discovered by Flavius Belby, who is the first know wizard to survive a Lethifold attack.” Hermione recited very quickly, Snape glared. “Very good, Miss Granger, I see you’ve memorized your entire text book as usual.” He snarled before once again being forced to double over with yet another fit of sneezes. “ISSHOO! ATISHOOO! ICKCHOO! Heh… heh… HehSHOO!” When he finally straightened up again he found that the entire class was staring at him. “What are you looking at?!” He snapped, flushing slightly, “Open your books to page one hundred and fifty and read the chapter on Lethifolds a summary will be due on Wednesday… Well, what are you waiting for?” There was a sudden flurry of books being pulled out of bags and flipped through in search of the correct page. Snape stalked back to his desk and blew his nose again, when he looked up he noticed that Malfoy was still watching him, though he quickly turned away when he met Snape’s eyes. From there the day went quickly down hill, with Snape unable to keep from sneezing at least twice every few minutes and frequently with more than that. Thankfully his other two classes before lunch where with first and second years who were too afraid to even look him in the eye. When the lunch bell finally rang and the last student had scurried out of the room, Snape let his head fall heavily forward onto his desk with a moan, his whole body ached. “I do not have the flu!” He muttered forcefully to himself as though his saying would make it true. “I’m afraid I’d have to disagree with that Severus.” Said quiet voice from the doorway. Snape jerked his head up in surprise and winced at the intense throbbing it caused in his temples. Dumbledore stood in the doorway, his face full of concern. “I think you had better take the rest of the day off and get some rest, I should have said so the minute I saw you in the Great Hall this morning, but I had other things on my mind.” “But what about Malfoy?” Snape asked. “He was in your first class, was he not?” Dumbledore replied, raising an eyebrow. “I imagine he has probably already noticed that you’re ill.” “But –“ Snape began. “Do not misunderstand me, Severus.” Dumbledore interrupted him. “I am not asking you to take the day off, I am telling you.” There was absolutely know way to argue with this and Snape knew it, so he nodded and got wearily to his feet, allowing Dumbledore to guide him gently back to his living quarters.

(Not to toot my own horn (Toot Toot!) but I may have acctualy drooled well writing this!)

Oh Glorious!!! I love him batting heads with Dumbledore! And I adore the "I don't have the flu!" and Dumbledore walking in just then to disagree! Brilliant! As usual, can't wait for more!

Aljana

KYA! This was really hoooooooot! *as I had to search for the other one first. LOL! Read the first...anyho!* GAH REALLY awesome! And HEHEHE!

He wanted very much to yell in frustration.

I SOOOOO been there! :innocent:

Heart you~!

Archived