Sneeze Fetish Forum

Do you like congested talk in sneeze fics?

Jorm

Do you like congested talk in sneeze fics?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Um... what it say?

• Yes! I LOVE congested talk! And lots of it!
    • Ugh, no! I hate congested talk in fics!
    • I like some, but too much gets annoying and tiresome.
    • I don't care either way.

I vote the same. I love it , but not when its everything and you have to decipher it all.

¤ would be a good fic character now¤

:wheels:

Guest Amoris

I tottally agree. I love to read a little congested talk in a good fic, but when the whole thing is in this style it just gets annoying.

I personally have the utmost WUB (love) for stuffy nose talking, but I can see where you're coming from there.

I generally only like it sparingly. I mean it can be rather adorable and such in does. Because *blush* sometimes it can get rather hard to dechiper it.

When I write I use it very sparingly- mostly because I don't like thinking how to write it. lol! Sometimes I'll just say "said congestedly, or "his voice sounded thick" or something else to generally give the idea that the person sounds that way.

But.... I just thought of this. I suppose that people that love that particular aspect muchly might love to write it and read it too. Because then they can actually "read" the way the person is talking. Kind of like sneeze spellings and such. *Just a thought*

I wouldn't say I hate it but that's closer to my position than anything else. I certainly wouldn't miss it if it were gone. It's not like we need a reminder that the person has been sneezing; you might as well plop "Now remember, I'm a fisherman . . . " right into the middle of Old Man and the Sea. Sneezing is exactly what we read for, and we're absolutely transfixed by it, the congested talk becomes unnecessary as a reminder. And I've never seen it serve any other real purpose.

Now as for the spice analogy, why not overuse it when cooking? After all, it might make somebody sneeze

! :twisted:

I voted for some, but it has to be well written. I am completely and totally turned off by a fic where the author makes "congested talk" out of words that would NEVER sound different whether one was congested or not. Since when did the letter "v" sound like a "b" when you're congested? I don't get it man, and these weren't typos because they happened repeatedly.

I voted for some, but it has to be well written. I am completely and totally turned off by a fic where the author makes "congested talk" out of words that would NEVER sound different whether one was congested or not. Since when did the letter "v" sound like a "b" when you're congested? I don't get it man, and these weren't typos because they happened repeatedly.

Amen.

Amen.

Thanks, sista.

AND...who says the word "cold" like "code" when they're sick? Seriously! Hold your nose and try it, man. It doesn't work. "Cold" comes out just fine.

CHRIST.

Eh, I don't like it. It gets on my nerves and makes the fic hard to read. I guess it just looks like a misspelled word or bad grammar to me.

I don't even care for it sparing unless someone does it with incredible finesse.

~Akutenshi

"Uranus will be for you what you want it to be." --> that's reassuring. :twisted:

On the subject at hand... I voted for #3, but I do enjoy the congested talk spelled out (most of the time). It's when, as others pointed out, it becomes ridiculous and is either unrealistic or just overdone, that it's annoying.

You said it. :twisted:

How right you are :twisted:

I adore stuffy talk in real life, and I do like a bit of it in sneezefics, but only if it's the easy to decipher kind. And just adding adjectives and adverbs that suggest stuffiness works fine too.

What I really hate is writing it, because I like using it in sneezefics, but I'm just never sure how much to do...

Well, I have never really thought about this before, but it is an interesting question. I voted for some, but not too much. Of course, this question has now made me VERY self-conscious about my fiction, and how much stuffy and congested talk I put in mine! :twisted:

(Note to self-try to ease up on the congested talk, snice a majority of these people find it distracting! :blink: )

Well, I have never really thought about this before, but it is an interesting question. I voted for some, but not too much. Of course, this question has now made me VERY self-conscious about my fiction, and how much stuffy and congested talk I put in mine! :P

(Note to self-try to ease up on the congested talk, snice a majority of these people find it distracting! :innocent: )

Ditto :laugh:

some congested talk or talk of being congested can be hot/sweet/erotic when done well - too much disgusts me and consisting of entirely congested talk irritates me to the point of no end.

• 4 months later...

I voted for #3 I like some, but too much gets annoying and tiresome.

Its cool sometimes but after a while it does get annoying and sometimes its even a little hard to figure out what they are trying to say. It gives me a headache after a while...a little here and there is okay though.

You said it! :P

I don't like it especially, if it's over-used that's particularly bad. If there's some, then I'll put up with it, but it doesn't do much for me. I'd much rather have someone try and describe the way the character sounds due to the effects of the cold. :wub:

I do like it, but too much annoys me. More to the point, words that shouldn't be spelled differently-- "hab" for "have", "code" for "cold", etc--annoy me. If you're not sure, pinch you nose as say the dialogue. M, N, and NG are the only things that need to be changed.

I do like it, but too much annoys me. More to the point, words that shouldn't be spelled differently-- "hab" for "have", "code" for "cold", etc--annoy me. If you're not sure, pinch you nose as say the dialogue. M, N, and NG are the only things that need to be changed.

THANK YOU!

:)

Archived