Sneeze Fetish Forum

Telling a sibling

Lamborghini

Lamborghini

What do you guys think? Any experiances here? I've told two people already, but I don't see them so often. With my brother, it's a different thing. What if he sneezes? What if someone else sneezes in public, and he's around? It would be so akward and embarrassing. But we're really close, him and I, and I've already dropped hints about the fetish. Vague ones...but hints nonetheless.

What do you guys think? Should I go ahead and tell him? I was this close today to telling him, but chickened out. :blink:

Enzo

I told my sister....she thought it was cute actually. And I did tell her that family sneezes were mostly gross. Hers don't bother me in the ick factor so much, but I told her hers scare me because there's no buildup or warning or anything and I startle easily.

It all depends on how you think they will react. My sis is a bit into the whole hurt/comfort thing, so she was a bit more openminded, especially when she started reading some of my stories and seeing the fetish as an extension into that. I left a lot of the sexual part out, just cuz I'm not comfortable discussing that with anyone in my family.

I would never (never say never) tell my brothers.. But if you really would like him to know, and you just dont know how to tell, you could just do it in the easy way. Just ask him like it was totally normal if he doesn't think it can be quite cute when a girl sneezes, it makes you feel like protecting her etc.. Instead of just dropping the bomb and saing "ever heard of the sneeze fetish? Just makes me so horny when a girl sneezes"!!!

From there you can see his reaction and take it easy step by step :blink:

I wouldn't be telling siblings or any family.....at all. It could backfire on you.

Lamborghini
I wouldn't be telling siblings or any family.....at all. It could backfire on you.

In what way Mr. Sneezy? Like in the ways I mentioned?

Enzo

Look at it this way, Enzo, maybe your brother would be uncomfortable if you tell him this ... it's not just about you.

To me this fetish is a part of my sexual make up and personally I choose to keep my sex life private. I wouldn't particularly want to know details of my brother's sex life - so I know I'd feel awkward if my brother launched into such a conversation.

That's just me though. You and your family may be different.

Also, why do you want to tell him? What do you think you'll gain from this? Maybe you have a strong reason to want to tell, but my adivce would be to consider all the negatives first. Once told you can't untell.

I didnt have to tell my brother.... he already knew! :D He told ME! :blink: I was mortified... then very relieved. :drool:

Look at it this way, Enzo, maybe your brother would be uncomfortable if you tell him this ... it's not just about you.

To me this fetish is a part of my sexual make up and personally I choose to keep my sex life private. I wouldn't particularly want to know details of my brother's sex life - so I know I'd feel awkward if my brother launched into such a conversation.

This would be my reason for not telling - I don't think my brothers would want to know. I mean, I know they sleep with their girlfriends, but I really wouldn't want to know if they did fetishy stuff or anything. Not that I think it's wrong, but I just wouldn't really want to know. For that reason, I don't think I'll ever tell my siblings, even though we're very close.

Not having any siblings myself, it is hard for me to completely understand the sibling relationship, but I can understand that you want somebody to confide in. There have been times that I wanted to tell someone, but I don't think I'll ever have the courage too.

How he handles it all depends on the type of person that he is. I'm sorry if I'm prying, but have you two ever had any conversations about other fetishes? I would try to engage him in a conversation about fetishes first before you decide to tell him. If he doesn't react well to the idea itself, you know that he won't react well to your news.

Perhaps he already has figured it out. You said that you've been giving him hints, What hints have you given him? Maybe he has caught on already.

In the end it is your decision, you are the only one of us who knows what your brother is like, thus the only one of us that has any idea how he'll react.

I don't have any siblings, but I DID tell several family members, all of which promptly forgot about it. :drool:

I don't know, it's just not a big deal to me if someone knows. However, I don't tell anyone in my "dojo family" for some reason, although just about any other friend I have knows. Maybe it's because the Aikidoka and Judoka all sneeze a lot and I just like to watch. :blink: The men are all compulsive blessers and they say it to each other on a consistent basis. I guess I don't want them to feel uncomfortable sneezing around me. It's a different world in there, I swear.

~Akutenshi

I wouldn't tell any of my family just because I don't view it as anyone's business. And, I don't really see it as hiding anything, so there's no guilt factor going on there. It's simply a personal thing that I don't need to tell my family about. I tend to not tell my family all kinds of things about myself. They know the important stuff and we all get along that way.

My brother and I don't talk about sex. At all. His girlfriend and I, sometimes, but even that's squicky, cause guess who she sleeps with. :drool: blech.

I don't understand why people tell their family members about the fetish. I'm not trying to imply that it's wrong or bad. I just genuinely don't understand. I'm not comfortable with my family knowing what gets me hot in bed. I suppose if I had a sister who I was close to I might consider it. But I have two brothers, and I think it would be weird to tell them. They're mean enough to me as it is. They don't need more ammo.

Enzo, if you do get up the nerve to tell your brother, let us know how it goes. I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm always interested in hearing reactions to fetish confessions. :cry:

Lamborghini
I don't understand why people tell their family members about the fetish. I'm not trying to imply that it's wrong or bad. I just genuinely don't understand. I'm not comfortable with my family knowing what gets me hot in bed. I suppose if I had a sister who I was close to I might consider it. But I have two brothers, and I think it would be weird to tell them. They're mean enough to me as it is. They don't need more ammo.

Enzo, if you do get up the nerve to tell your brother, let us know how it goes. I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm always interested in hearing reactions to fetish confessions. :lol:

Oh, it's not a confession. :lol: We're not doing anything wrong, being attracted to sneezing. But thanks for your reply. :lol:

Thank you guys. I've read over your replies, and I have decided not to tell my brother, for now at least.

And a special thanks S L. :cry: I especially like what you said.

Enzo

• 10 months later...

I told one of my sisters, the one who's 7 years younger than me. I thought before that this fetish would be a secret that I'll carry to the grave, but that obviously didn't happen. I was reading the Diary of a Sneeze Fetishist, when my grandma came in and instead of acting casual, I quickly minimized the screen and acted real nervous. That was stupid because my grandma barely even speaks English, but I was so scared, I couldn't think. :bawl: So then my grandma told my mom and sisters that I'm going on some private site. I said that it wasn't anything bad, I'm just reading about some woman on the Internet, who has a weird quirk that I've always had but never told anyone about. Then I was left alone, but one day about a week later I was looking at the diary again and my sister came into the room. I minimized the screen and tried to cover it up, but she saw "Diary of a Sneeze..." on the bottom, and realized that my quirk has to do with sneezing.

She's been bugging me about it for months and trying to persuade me that she won't think I'm crazy because of some quirk that has to do with sneezing. So one day I showed her the diary and she looked through it and said that there's nothing to be ashamed of (she's always been an open-minded kid :laugh:). We spent that whole day talking about sneezing. :laugh:

The next day, my sister decided to find out for herself if I'm normal or not, so she told our mom some made-up hypothetical situation, that she had some dream where she was watching a movie about a woman who gets turned on by sneezing. Our mom, having been taught that paraphilias are not normal, said that the woman needs to go for treatment. My sister was panicking all day and later told me about this and said that I have to tell our mom, so that she can give me the help I need. :bawl: I didn't think I need help because the fetish is so much fun to have, but she somehow persuaded me to do it. I called my mom, who was at my grandparents' house that day, and told her in a very awkward manner that I have the same condition that the woman my sister told her about this morning has. She thought at first that it was the product of my vivid imagination, since I'm one of those people who always thinks they have a disorder after reading about one. I convinced her that it's true, I've had this thing since kindergarten and my mom said that we'll talk about it later. We never really talked about it, except for one really awkward conversation several months later. :blushing: I was like, "Oh crap, she remembers!"

To this day, I think telling my mom was stupid, but I don't regret telling my sister. I thought she'd look at me funny every time someone sneezes after that, but it's not a big deal to her. She told me that she only remembers about my fetish every few months for like a few seconds: Oh yeah, Esther has the fetish. Whatever. She was a great person to come out to and I trust her not to use this secret against me. :D Who knows, maybe one day I'll tell my other sister.

• 4 years later...

My Twin sister knows & although she would NEVER tell, she has teased me about it in the past, but my Mother & Father have since put a stop to that.

I also had an adopted sister at some point & time who knows & I only told her because, I though that she would be around for a long time...but she has since choosen to live elsewhere. I can only hope she never speaks of it again, but I doubt even she remembers.

My Father & Mother also know & they found out by mistake. I ended up making a bigger deal out of it then was even necessary & I looked like a fool. My parents are doctors, I should have known they'd be understanding! My Father is a Medical Doctor & my Mother is a Psychologist. They recently started working in Africa, so I don't see them very often, but when I do, I always some sort of Fetish related question that my parents are willing to answer for me. If it's REALLY important...I'll actually call them to ask & it's really no big deal. I've been told that discussing it is rather healthy. biggrinsmiley.gif

Archived