Sneeze Fetish Forum

labeling by sneeze types

Shay

Labeling  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should stories & obs be labeled according to sneeze type

• Yes, the type of sneezing should be included in the post title.
    • No, post labeling is fine the way it is.
    • I really don't care one way or another.
    • Other (please explain below)

Ok so far obs and stories are supposed to be labeled by whether it has male or female sneezing, and whether it has 18+ content. Does anyone else feel that stories and obs should be labeled by the type of sneezing in them as well, such as allergies, colds, or other (such as photic)?

I usually don't enjoy cold sneezes very much unless the cold is combined with allergies or something like that. So naturally I prefer not to read obs or stories with sneezing related to sickness. No offense of course to those that like and/or write about that type of sneezing. It would make it easier to find the stuff that I like if stories and obs were labeled by the type of sneezing in them. Does anyone else feel that way? If not I'll just go back to my corner and be quiet.

Personally, I would love it if the posts said what kind of sneezing the story had, but I also think it might be too much to ask to make people put even more information in their post descriptions, or even in their headers. So, maybe we could make it optional, or suggested-but-not-required? But yes, in a perfect world, I would love to have the type of sneezing listed in the description.

Abyssinia,

Barrie

For me a good story is a good story. But I *totally* get that the type of sneezing can be a big factor to some people that have a preference for one type as opposed to the other.

The only prob. that I see with requiring it is that it could be too much stuff to put into the thread. Right now 18+ and gender are required, and the Vast majority of authors also include if the story is fandom or org. and if fandom- what fandom it is. Like for example: "The Long Night" (f- 18+) "JAG" (No there isn't such a story, but....).

I agree with having it be in the list of suggestions though. Currently I have suggested that authors Try to put basic information at the beginning of the story (like a lot of other storyboards require). For example I think that summaries are nice sometimes because we are all into different scenarios. And if you aren't into a certain thing it's nice to know that it is there before getting halfway through the story. Sometimes with the summaries you can even tell what type of sneezing occurs.

But I can *definately* add type of sneezing to suggestion list for authors if people think that would be helpful. It is absolutely no prob. And for my own stories.... I'll try to put what type of sneezes occur. Maybe not in the title line- but def. at top of the story. Prior to actual story. :yes:

Yes perhaps it's too much to ask to put it in the post title, but it would be nice to at least have it in the begining of the post. Then if I click on it and it's not the sort of thing I'd like to read, then I'll know right in the begining of the post and can just move along. :yes:

I agree with tma, that for stories at least, it can be advisory but not compulsory. To be honest, I'm not sure I have a preference for allergies or cold-induced sneezing. If it's a good story, written in a way I like, then I'll probably like it no matter what.

As far as obs are concerned, I think people are more inclined to put that sort of information in the title of a obs topic, since most people's obs don't have a 'title' in the same way a story does (There are some exceptions though... :cry:). I'm not for making it compulsory information, I mean sometimes people can't be sure in the case of an obs what the cause is. But I'll certainly think about putting it at the top of my future obs/stories (if it's not already obvious from the title) now that I know it's a factor that some people care about. :yes:

Yes good point about obs, it's not always easy to tell what the cause is in an obs. Though if there is no cause mentioned I'm the sort of person that will just assume it's allergy related. :drool:

Personally, I think it doesn't matter. What makes me click on it is knowing the author is talented. I lose interest super fast in stories that are written badly. I'm hit or miss with obs anyway. So if it's photic, cold, allergies, or just random, it's all good. Just tell me about the sneeze in a nice way.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I'm not picky, so I voted for don't care either way. But, like tma, I also understand how some people might prefer one over the other, and would like to know before wasting any time reading something that won't trip their trigger. I do try in some of my titles (for obs anyway) to state if it's a cold, because I do know that a lot of people prefer allergy sneezes to cold sneezes. I don't care where the sneeze comes from, just let me know about it! :) Although, I'm always a sucker for a good cold obs or story.

I voted other, for a couple of reasons.

The first being, that people here are so thursty for sneezes they will most likely end up reading everything available just looking for something new materials :twisted: (this is true mostly for observations, less for stories, on stories labeling is more imporant and I think it's properly done).

Another reason is that I know (and this is true for myself) that I pick my observations not just by the title or labeling, but also by the writer (in fact, that plays an even bigger role in my choice than the "m" or "f" tag does).

And the third and most reason of them all, is that sometimes cute little titles that leave you wondering are fun, it's nice to be surprised with a silly remark that goes to an unexpected place and stealing the joy of that away by perfect detailed in depth labeling, goes against my curious nature :P

No, I agree with you. On the labeling at least. I don't get turned on by allergy sneezes nearly as much as I do by cold sneezes, but I'm also not really bothered by scrolling through the story and determining which it is.

Archived