Sneeze Fetish Forum

Dumb question for those who write stories

Blah!?

For those of you who write original sneeze fiction, do you ever try to base your sneezers on people in your real life that you want to see sneeze? I was just wondering, since I try to do this sometimes when I write my own stuff. (Which will probably never be posted here unless I get a major self-esteem boost)

Just asking... :bleh:

The one and only sneeze fic I wrote had characters heavily based on (read: modeled after :bleh:) myself and D. So I agree with Aku; that writers write what they know ^_^

Writers write what they know, in my opinion. Most of my original characters do have SOME basis from a "real" person. :bleh:

Yeah, pretty much what Aku said! ^_^

My orginal characters that are "modern era"- I definately know that they are based on real life people. As I'm sure that other's would attest to it is a "starting point" but then the characters take on their own personality.

Some of my Regency era stuff- based on my fantasy image of my "ideal" Regency gent which began Many years ago as my idealized image of what I wanted in a guy. *I have since learned that it is what I want in a Fictional guy. lol! :bleh:* I have evolved this one particular character over time to where it is the same character in different settings- but honing his personality as I am getting to know him. *if that makes Any sense*

Actually, one of the reasons that I almost never write Obs. is that I like to save them for transfer into fics I write. The other reason is that I'm really lazy, for those of you who were wondering >_>

Since I don't really write sneeze fetish fiction that much anymore (maybe one every couple of years :) ) this post might be a bit off topic, but I still still wanted to answer the question and give my own two cents. :P

Whether for sneeze fetish fiction or "normal" fiction, I generally try to avoid writing about people I know or creating characters based on people I know, especially people off the net, as much as possible for the most part. Sometimes (though definitely not always :P )some of my protagonists (in my non-fetish stories) resemble me to a certain extent, while other times I might make characters who are in some way the complete opposite of one of my major personality traits, such as having a character thriving on something that I personally would fear, find disgusting, etc. Other times the characters are a certain way because whatever story I am writing requires that they be a certain way. And I also sometimes like to write about characters who are just really fucked up, extremist, or otherwise bizarre in some way, so I'd think of a character that is just really messed up in some way, build upon his insanity so that he has at least some depth (to the extent that I can give him depth and make him more than just some kind of caricature, considering that most of my stories are around 20-50 pages), and then figure out what kind of a story I can put him or her into. Obiviously, characters in this third category are people that I probably would never want to meet if they existed in real life; however, they're still fun to write about and if someone else wrote them I'd probably get a kick out of reading it. :bleh:

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely tend to base it on sneezes I've observed in real life, although imagination always plays a part.

Since meeting my husband, and being able to "examine" and pick up details of his sneeze, I definitely use elements in my characters -- his way of staring into the light and blinking with lips parted to bring on a sneeze. He's also the first and only man I've ever met who actually catches several little breaths in a row before he sneezes, which I've been tempted to bring back into my fiction.

Archived