Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Exactly Counts as "Fetish" Fiction?

KawaiiKitty

I looked to see if this question had been asked already and I didn't see it but I'm really tired right now so don't shoot me if it's there and I missed it.

What exactly counts as "fetish" fiction? I noticed that many stories have "adult" themes, or are about characters which have the fetish. In my personal preference I prefer to read sneezing stories that don't have adult themes in them and I don't write a lot of adult stories as a result. For me it's very much about the reason for the sneezing, and the events leading up to the cause of the sneezing and one character taking care of another. I don't care about the characters getting off on it, because I know I sure do and that's all I want. :blushing: But does a story which is simply about someone with a cold being taken care of count as "fetish" fiction if there's no shagging?

In case I babbled a little bit there, here is the question:

For a story to be considered "fetish" fiction, does it:

A. Require adult situations as a matter of course.

B. Just need to be about sneezing situations, and does not require shagging.

Thanks for any help. I write a lot of crap, and I would post it if I thought it would help me be a contributing member of the forum. But if it's the sort of stuff people would rather not see, i'd rather refrain from filling up space! :laugh:

hehehe... if it doesn't then I'm in trouble.:blushing:

Very few of the stories that I write are R rated. Most of them do not Directly have one character having the fetish. I am a PG "fluff" girl. And I my ALL means will read PG cute and cuddly cold ficts *grins

I think that as far as people reading in general goes.... I think that people would read and comment. What "people" are in the mood for changes. Sometimes orginal ficts seem to be "popular", sometimes fanfic, sometimes "fluff" and sometimes Wickedness". That is why I love it here- we have a nice variety. :laugh:

I guess I consider "fetish" fiction anything to be written with the express purpose of entertaining people with that particular fetish. For instance, if I wrote a story all about tickling and massaging feet and then posted it on a foot-fetish board, it would be fetish fiction, 'cause that's exactly what I wanted it to be used for/read as.

Well, that is a very good question, and I don't think I have a very good answer. I guess that fetish fiction involves anything having to do with sneezing. I think that a lot of us tend to write one of our characters as actually having the fetish, becuse we know what it's like. I think a lot of us also write about the sexual aspects of it. But, I don't think that means that a fetish piece has to have the 18+ material. In fact, one of my stories so far doesn't have either character with the fetish, or at least I don't come out and say it. It's simply going to be about his cold, and then eventually she catches the cold.

I guess I can only speak for me. I do like venturing on the naughty side of this fetish. And I love being able to express my own feelings about sneezing through my characters. So, I guess that's mostly what I write. But, I have read some stories that have tickled my fancy with no 18+ marking, and no mention of either character having the fetish. And those are lots of fun to read, too!

I think we can count any piece of fiction written by a sneeze fetishist for the purpose of indulging in that sneeze fetish as a piece of sneeze fetish fiction.

Many of us enjoy 18+ stories with characters who are also turned on by sneezes. That makes the story more obviously a sneeze fetish story, and perhaps those stories are the most easily classified.

The only thing about making stories not 18+ is that they would be less obvious as being a part of some fetish. We've all done searches and found good sneezing stories out there that may be worthy of being fetish fiction but were probably not written by sneeze fetishists.

If you write non 18+ fiction there is little to distinguish yourself from those kinds of random stories on the Internet.

I don't think that's a big problem though, as long as you state clearly that your intentions are to write for the Sneezing Fetish community then people will know that the preponderance of sneezes in your story was intended as more than just a plot device.

hehehe... if it doesn't then I'm in trouble.;)

Very few of the stories that I write are R rated. Most of them do not Directly have one character having the fetish. I am a PG "fluff" girl. And I my ALL means will read PG cute and cuddly cold ficts *grins

I think that as far as people reading in general goes.... I think that people would read and comment. What "people" are in the mood for changes. Sometimes orginal ficts seem to be "popular", sometimes fanfic, sometimes "fluff" and sometimes Wickedness". That is why I love it here- we have a nice variety. :cry:

That's the word I was looking for. "Fluff"! I love fluff. :(

But I don't think anything I write could be suitable for "fetish" fiction at all. I'm not saying that to elicit people to go "Aww, KawaiiKitty, don't be shy, post your stuff. We looove you." because I post plenty of my stuff on other sites so I am not looking for extra attention or anything. :o I kinda wanted to post stories so that I'd be making a positive contribution to the forum-so I'd only post anything if I thought OTHERS would enjoy it, not for my own ego.

I love to write about colds but it takes a while to get there, I spend a lot of time establishing the background story and how the cold came about and I spend far too long describing the onset of the cold rather than getting on to business.

And of course it's really fun putting stories like that out there in the "normal" (ha, ha) world and nobody knowing WHAT was going through my mind when I was writing it!!

Heh, heh that reminds me...what am I doing typing in here? I've just gotten to the "good bit" in one, and I should be working on that...

You could always either post it with a disclaimer re: amt. of sneezing (I've done that and have seen other authors do that) or you could even post it in "Off Topic".

We've had some authors (really talented ones) that have had entire "chapters"/ sections with No sneezing in them. These chapters/sections are more of "setting the scene" or advancing the plot. I personally Love some of these stories and I know that there are other people that do (I don't know that there is a Ton of us- but there is Certainly more than just me). We Completely do not mind "waiting" or not having every part be "fetishy".

So.... if you get it to where you feel like you'd want to share..... *grin*

*Hopes that I'm not scaring you by trying to get you to share.* Not that I LOVE to read fluff or anything :(;)

But I don't think anything I write could be suitable for "fetish" fiction at all. I'm not saying that to elicit people to go "Aww, KawaiiKitty, don't be shy, post your stuff. We looove you." because I post plenty of my stuff on other sites so I am not looking for extra attention or anything. :( I kinda wanted to post stories so that I'd be making a positive contribution to the forum-so I'd only post anything if I thought OTHERS would enjoy it, not for my own ego.

I love to write about colds but it takes a while to get there, I spend a lot of time establishing the background story and how the cold came about and I spend far too long describing the onset of the cold rather than getting on to business.

Um, personally, I would love to see anything you write about colds! And if you spend a lot of time "developing" the cold, even better! So, I say if there's any colds or sneezing in any of your stories, go ahead and post. That's just MY opinion! ;)

Ha, catching the cold is half the fun! :D

Sometimes when I'm writing, the "sneezing" bits will get lost because I'll start getting "plotty" in other areas and the sneezing just won't go with whatever I'm doing. I've tried to work sneezes in at various points when this happens but I find that they sometimes ruin the flow, sooooooooo, I just put up a disclaimer and leave them out of that part.

I'd personally like to hear all about the onset of a cold, sneezing or not, because I am a SHAMELESS cold whore and dig every aspect of it.

Of course, posting is entirely up to you. :)

~Aku

And of course it's really fun putting stories like that out there in the "normal" (ha, ha) world and nobody knowing WHAT was going through my mind when I was writing it!!

Heh, heh that reminds me...what am I doing typing in here? I've just gotten to the "good bit" in one, and I should be working on that...

Buu, yeah, like the others say, no excuse! >O Post your stuff! I've only posted one story, and the first two "chapters" had a total of THREE sneezes in them. Pssh! That was nothing! I bet your stories are cool, and now I wanna reaaad theeeeem~ *whines in hopes you'll post at least one*

In a sentence, the correct answer is B. IMO, the best stories are ones where the sneezing is the main feature, and anything else is just icing on the cake. Of course, I'm biased since I'm under 18, and therefore magically barred from reading anything marked as 18+ material :D

Archived