Sneeze Fetish Forum

Annual Sneezefic Challenge

Bongo

Okay, it's about that time of year again: The Annual Sneezefic Challenge :P;):proud:

I know it's not usually advertised here on the forum, but this year it is. Be excited. Be very excited. It's a really simple concept. There are 25 quotes, and you just have to write a sneezefic with one or more of the quotes incorporated. Then you submit it to the special group. Quotes and rules are posted below, and I'd be happy to field any questions. So you should definately try, it's fun. :P

Quotation Sneezefic Challenge

2006-2007

Theme: Quotations

Main Rule: All fics must incorporate one of the quote bunnies into the story, either in narration or in dialogue.

(Thank you to me211152004 for the suggestion!)

Issued on: December 31, 2006

Ends on: March 1, 2007

Challengers: symphonyflute & tarotgal

Quote Bunnies:

1. "Love, and a cough, cannot be hid." (George Herbert)

2. Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be." (Abraham Lincoln)

3. "The things one feels absolutely certain about are never true." (Oscar Wilde)

4. "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." (Oscar Wilde)

5. "Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed." (George Burns)

6. "I consider being ill as one of the great pleasures of life, provided one is not too ill.” (Samuel Butler)

7. "If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going." (Professor Irwin Corey)

8. "Never forget what a man says to you when he is angry." (Henry Ward Beecher)

9. "Don't live in a town where there are no doctors.” (Jewish Proverb)

10. "Worries go down better with soup than without." (Jewish Proverb)

11. "Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function." (Unknown)

12. "Ill deeds are doubled with an evil word." (William Shakespeare)

13. "Health is not valued till sickness comes." (Dr. Thomas Fuller)

14. "Man has to suffer. When he has no real afflictions, he invents some. " (Jose Marti)

15. "No one is a failure if they have friends." (Clarence, "It’s a Wonderful Life")

16. “A rumor without a leg to stand on will get around some other way.” (John Tudor)

17. "Not going home is already like death." (E. Catherine Tobler, "Vanishing Act")

18. "No matter what you do there will be critics." (Unknown)

19. "In the world of mules, there are no rules." ( Ogden Nash)

20. "A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water." (Carl Reiner)

21. "A misery is not to be measured from the nature of the evil, but from the temper of the sufferer." (Joseph Addison)

22. "My home is not a place, it is people." (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Barrayar")

23. "Sooner or later we all quote our mothers." ( Bern Williams)

24. "Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?" (Edgar Bergen)

25. "Good-bye. I am leaving because I am bored." (George Saunders)

Rules:

1. The most important rule is to have fun!

2. Even though this is a fiction group, this time around we will accept art pieces that incorporate the quote somehow as well.

3. Your entry (story or art) can belong to any type of fandom or involve original characters, but MUST contain one or more of the quote bunnies. If it doesn't, you can always just post it to the list yourself, just not under the challenge! =)

4. Duh, All stories and art have to have sneezing in them. lol.

5. Any type of sneezing is welcomed- allergy, sneezing, tickles in nose, it doesn't matter!

6. Name isn't needed, there isn't going to be any judging for this challenge specifically because it's just to have fun. You can submit a work anonymously, it's totally fine!

7. Any length and rating will do but please rate your story/art

Please include which plot bunny you selected, a rating, spoilers, disclaimer, and summary at the beginning of your story/art if applicable (full headings are appreciated by all)

8. Send all stories to: sfchallenge@beastlet.com

9. You may send the story in the body of an e-mail or as an attachment in practically any readable format. 10. If you wish to "code" your fic (put it in HTML format for us) you may use our basic template and send the finished version as an attachment

11. You may send your work of art as an attachment in any normal graphical format (jpeg, jpg, png, gif, bmp, etc.)

12. All entries must be turned in by March 1 by 11:59pm , Pacific Standard time (i.e. before it becomes March 2).

13. All entries will be released at approx: two days after the due date and will be automatically archived on the web after that (if not sooner)

14. Submit as many entries as you want to. You are highly encouraged to create more than one!

15. If you have further questions about this challenge e-mail sfchallenge@beastlet.com or post on-list

16. It's perfectly all right to combine plot bunnies! One minimum please!

17. Did we mention, have fun? lol.

Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!! Challenge time!!!

Really looking forward to it this year since my schedule was too hectic last year.

Seriously, it's a lot of fun for anyone who hasn't done it yet.

Archived