Sneeze Fetish Forum

I've got a story that I'm serializing

The Sneezster

I have the whole story, it is all finished, some 30 pages of it. But because I landed up writing it by hand, it was taking me a while to get around to typing the whole thing. Sarub suggested that I serialize it, so I don't have to wait until the end is typed before I post the beginning.

So, I posted the first bit. Is it better for me to post subsequent parts in the same thread, or ought I to start a new thread with each bit, labeling them "Part 2", "Part 3", etc.?

What do you all prefer?

I thought it was forum rules that instalments of the same story are kept in the same thread...but now I can't find where the heck I would have read that! So now I don't know if that's true or I imagined it out of my own head!

Now, I would like to know the answer to this too because I started putting all my instalments in the same thread and now I don't know if that's best-maybe people won't know to look there?

Yeah, we'd prefer it in one thread, but its currently not a rule or anything we are enforcing at the moment, but to keep everything nice and organized and easy to find, we do encourage people to do that if they're going to have a series. ;)

OK, then. Follow-up question. I started a thread that began my story, and called it "But I Don't GET Sick -- Part I". Can I edit the thread title, to change the "Part I" to "A Serialization"? Can anyone?

I personally like stories better posted in installments of separate threads. It just seems neater that way to me. When a new installment comes out you have a whole separate area for it.

Otherwise you can just click on the last page of the single thread and hope that the next part of the story is there but depending on how many comment's it's racked up maybe have to click back a couple of pages. And you'll probably have to scroll down to find it even if that's not the case. I know it's not a huge deal or anything, but it makes a small difference to me.

Plus just having the comments only apply to one installment at a time seems much more organized to me.

I personally like stories better posted in installments of separate threads. It just seems neater that way to me. When a new installment comes out you have a whole separate area for it.

Otherwise you can just click on the last page of the single thread and hope that the next part of the story is there but depending on how many comment's it's racked up maybe have to click back a couple of pages. And you'll probably have to scroll down to find it even if that's not the case. I know it's not a huge deal or anything, but it makes a small difference to me.

Plus just having the comments only apply to one installment at a time seems much more organized to me.

Okay, I'm going to be a total twat and say the opposite thing! ;)

I like to be able to find the whole story under the one thread. If I start reading a chapter and I like it, I don't have the patience to go hunting around the board for the rest of it. I want to be able to scroll down and continue right then and there.

But, as I always say, thats just me...

Okay, I'm going to be a total twat and say the opposite thing! ;)

I like to be able to find the whole story under the one thread. If I start reading a chapter and I like it, I don't have the patience to go hunting around the board for the rest of it. I want to be able to scroll down and continue right then and there.

But, as I always say, thats just me...

You do have a point.... if you're getting into a story late and there are already multiple installments I can see how that would be frustrating. I check the forum often enough that I don't generally have a problem with that.

Maybe if each segment thread was updated with a link to the new thread once it comes out that would make things easier.

I like to read them on the same thread, but I can see why people put them on seperate ones. I'm trying to post the second chapter of a story, but can't figure out how to change the title to reflect it. So I may give up and post it seperately. So I think there really isn;t much of a choice for non-mods.

For the most part, its not really a big deal, and if people want to post it in the same thread, that's fine, or start new threads for new installments, then that's their prerogative. Though if its one of those things where a person is writing a serialized story and posts Part One, then waits six months to post part 2, it might get annoying having to search through 20 pages to find Part 1 if you never read it or if you don't remember much about it, so I guess in cases like that the author, if he/she doesn't want to post it in the same thread, could maybe post a link to the previous installment. *shrug*

Archived