Sneeze Fetish Forum

Should serialized stories be made in one thread or multiple threads?

Jorm

One thread, or multiple threads?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think stories posted one section at a time should be contained to a single thread, or posted seperately in multiple threads?

• Contained to a single thread
    • Posted seperately in multiple threads
    • Don't really care

I was thinking about it too, and like I mentioned I think it all really depends on how you're reading the story.

If you check back often and you're reading each segment as it comes out, then I think it's much easier to have them in separate threads.

If you only check the stories occasionally and want to see all the segments at once then you might be more comfortable having them all in one thread.

Personally though, I've been annoyed by the single thread theory for a few different reasons. Some of them I've already mentioned, but also there have been a few different occasions where I've completely missed the posting of a new segment to a story that I didn't realize had been updated.

I kind of assume whenever I see that a thread has new posts that they're just comments or responses that I probably don't care about.

As for my opinion on the subject? Read The RavenDS's post-it is put far more succinctly and intelligently than I ever could...but yeah, all that-ditto for me.

I was just discussing this with the Staff. No offense to those who do this, but I personally find a new post for each chapter highly annoying. I don't like having to sift through all of that. From a Mod standpoint, it makes the board appear cluttered and chapters/posts get out of order.

Put it all in one thread.

I voted for a single thread. I think that Raven mentioned two Excellent reasons why a single thread is better.

I can understand writers/readers frustration with a single thread in terms of not being able to know (in some cases) when it is updated. But I still think that it is still preferable.

However.... *correct me if I'm Totally wrong about this* I believe that Staff is looking into ways of making it easier for people to let other people know about updates.

For me- not being able to see about the updates is the Only current downside to stories being all in one thread.

A single thread is better, and I would love to post them that way, on the condition that in the title the writer can indicate that a sequel has been added. And that does not work - or maybe I just do not know how to do so ...

C

OR.... if it is too complicated for Staff to change title editing priviledges- (which I can see where it could get really difficult and tricky). Maybe.... if stories go all in one post and then Kudeos threads are separate??

I know that this might be a pain to have to start a separate thread to leave a comment about a story that you like, but... the advantages would be that entire stories would be together without "interruption", and you would be Easily able to see when an update was made.

Just an idea.

There must be some sort of forum setting for how many posts are required to gain the priviledge of unlimited edits. If they could just lower that number....

Is that the way it works with this forum software? I'm not quite sure because I don't have any other experience with it. I thought before that this was PHPBB, but I see at the bottom of the screen that it's Invision Power Board.

Archived