Sneeze Fetish Forum

Pre-Sneeze Rituals

gonnasneeze

I would like to use this poll to find out what pre-sneeze rituals are common:

1. Is your pre-sneeze ritual consistent for most all your sneezes?

2. Are you a sudden sneezer who has no ritual?

3. Do you announce an oncoming sneeze if others are nearby?

4. If you announce, do the words come out normally, or do hitched breaths cause you to stutter when you announce?

5. Are hitched breaths part of your pre-sneeze ritual?

6. What body language is part of your pre-sneeze ritual? (eg head tilted back, finger under nose, etc.)?

7. If you are near someone who is about to sneeze, what pre-sneeze rituals do you like to see/hear or do you prefer to see/hear none?

Thanks to those who reply.

No, sometimes it varies depending on the "size" of the sneeze.

Yes. Most of the time.

Heck no, This would emberass me.

4. If you announce, do the words come out normally, or do hitched breaths cause you to stutter when you announce?

*See above answer*

No, I take more of an huuuh...Huhhh. Slow deep breaths in.

6. What body language is part of your pre-sneeze ritual? (eg head tilted back, finger under nose, etc.)?

My dreary eyes that look like a goof ball, and I sometimes tilt my head back.

7. If you are near someone who is about to sneeze, what pre-sneeze rituals do you like to see/hear or do you prefer to see/hear none?

I like the hitched breathes and I really like the dramatic build ups.

~Tubas

1. Is your pre-sneeze ritual consistent for most all your sneezes? It depens. If I'm alone I tend to have quite long build-ups, but if I'm around people I always try to avoid attention by sneezing quickly and be done with it.

2. Are you a sudden sneezer who has no ritual? See above :rolleyes:

3. Do you announce an oncoming sneeze if others are nearby? Nope. Never.

4. If you announce, do the words come out normally, or do hitched breaths cause you to stutter when you announce? I have to try and talk through my build-up when I sneeze today. :bleh: I have never thought about it before.

5. Are hitched breaths part of your pre-sneeze ritual? Oh yes. My breath hitch a LOT, especially when I induce, or when I sneeze from sunlight. I sound something like "Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh".

6. What body language is part of your pre-sneeze ritual? (eg head tilted back, finger under nose, etc.)? Head tilted back, yes, eyelids fluttering closed, lips relaxing, that kind of stuff.

7. If you are near someone who is about to sneeze, what pre-sneeze rituals do you like to see/hear or do you prefer to see/hear none? The longer, the better! Announcing it by saying "I have to sneeze" or "my nose itch"... false starts...trying to talk through it...nose-rubbbing... :rolleyes: The build-up IS the best part of a sneeze!

I like to light a candle, smoke some patchouli and chant a couple of verses from the Bhagavad Gita.

Whatever gets you in the mood, right? :rolleyes:

I would like to use this poll to find out what pre-sneeze rituals are common:

I don't think so- it depends on the type of sneeze and where I am.

Occasionally.

Never :yes:

N/A

I think so.

6. What body language is part of your pre-sneeze ritual? (eg head tilted back, finger under nose, etc.)? In publis generally I think that I'm rubbing my nose a little bit prior to, and then steepling my hands in front of my face. Sometimes, wrinkled nose, head going back, putting elbow in front of my face.

Oh god.... hitching breathing, slackened face, fluttering eyelashes, head going back, voice getting shaky. They try to talk through it. No announcing unless "excuse me", or "pardon" or something like that.

I don't really have a ritual.

I'm not a sudden sneezer. I can feel it building, but I don't have a ritual.

Hell no, that's annoying.

See above.

No.

The only things I do at times are look at light to help the sneeze along and I generally raise a hand to cover. Pretty boring.

I like to see the "desperate" expression building on their features and I really like the hitching breath. I also like it if they look like they can't decide if they want to cover or not. I call this the "indecisive hand waver." :yes:

1. Is your pre-sneeze ritual consistent for most all your sneezes? See answer to #2.

2. Are you a sudden sneezer who has no ritual? Yup.

3. Do you announce an oncoming sneeze if others are nearby? No, I'd never do that.

4. If you announce, do the words come out normally, or do hitched breaths cause you to stutter when you announce? N/A

5. Are hitched breaths part of your pre-sneeze ritual? Not usually, except once in awhile when I induce.

6. What body language is part of your pre-sneeze ritual? (e.g., head tilted back, finger under nose, etc.)? Probably just stopping what I'm doing, looking like I'm concentrating on something, maybe looking up at a light (if necessary), and lack of focus on the rest of the world. :yes:

7. If you are near someone who is about to sneeze, what pre-sneeze rituals do you like to see/hear or do you prefer to see/hear none? A distracted look; trying to talk through it; hitching breaths; rubbing their nose; sniffling. Things like that.

for the most part yes....unless there is a sneaker...

very rarely, one will get away from me, but i generally feel it coming and go through "the ritual"

if i dont want to scare them...but i really get a kick out of scaring people with my sneezes..as they are loud and quite sudden...

i can talk straight through the build-up and the sneeze itself if i really want to. no hitching for me.

nope

i always start to take a few breaths out of my mouth...it makes the sneeze come out..and then all of a sudden i pitch forward at the waist and steeple both hands over my nose and mouth. then i actually sneeze.

hmm...i love to see some facial expression...as i dont tend to have any big ones that i notice...and i love when there is movement...either pitching forward, turning away, covering the face...anything like that

Mostly.

My only "ritual" is a really deep breath for a buildup. None of the flailing around or associated noises other people do. :(

I'll usually just say "hold on," and turn partially away, but other than that, no.

I can speak normally prior to sneezing and pick right back up where I left off, albeit stuffily.

That, or a single, deep breath.

I put my hand in front of my face.

I prefer some warning from loud sneezers, since a sudden one can be rather startling. Just a simple " I have to sneeze" would do.

1. Is your pre-sneeze ritual consistent for most all your sneezes? yes

2. Are you a sudden sneezer who has no ritual? yes

3. Do you announce an oncoming sneeze if others are nearby? No

5. Are hitched breaths part of your pre-sneeze ritual? sometimes

6. What body language is part of your pre-sneeze ritual? (eg head tilted back, finger under nose, etc.)?Head tilted back

7. If you are near someone who is about to sneeze, what pre-sneeze rituals do you like to see/hear or do you prefer to see/hear none? none [zzzzzzzzzz....]

Thanks to those who reply.

1. Is your pre-sneeze ritual consistent for most all your sneezes? I'm not sure I really have a ritual

2. Are you a sudden sneezer who has no ritual? I rarely have sudden sneezes

3. Do you announce an oncoming sneeze if others are nearby? Never. They usually go away if I do that and then I look idiotic saying I'm going to sneeze and nothing happens

4. If you announce, do the words come out normally, or do hitched breaths cause you to stutter when you announce? See above.

5. Are hitched breaths part of your pre-sneeze ritual? Yes, I almost always hitch my breath

6. What body language is part of your pre-sneeze ritual? (eg head tilted back, finger under nose, etc.)? sometimes there is hand waving in front of my face, parted lips, twitching nose, a slight head tilt and some eye fluttering

7. If you are near someone who is about to sneeze, what pre-sneeze rituals do you like to see/hear or do you prefer to see/hear none? I like it when people announce their sneezes and I really like hitching breaths

1. Is your pre-sneeze ritual consistent for most all your sneezes? Not that I've noticed.

2. Are you a sudden sneezer who has no ritual? I rarely have a sudden sneeze without any prior notice.

3. Do you announce an oncoming sneeze if others are nearby? Nope. I don't dare. If I try to speak, the sneeze usually goes away.

4. If you announce, do the words come out normally, or do hitched breaths cause you to stutter when you announce? Again, I don't make a habit of sneezing and talking at the same time cuz sadly the talking will take over and the sneeze will retreat. However, there is one time I do remember that I was getting into it with my son. I was just rambling orders out to him and getting aggravated because of his behavior and the sneezes just started coming and they were literally breaking into my yelling at my son. It was hard to speak. :omg:

5. Are hitched breaths part of your pre-sneeze ritual? Not really. There were times when I had allergies way back when and the sneezes got up to eights and nines and as they would increase in numbers I would find myself hitching. However, that rarely EVER happens anymore. Usually there is some building with my breath, but you really can't hear it. And then inbetween sneezes there will be sharp sudden intakes of breath.

6. What body language is part of your pre-sneeze ritual? (eg head tilted back, finger under nose, etc.)? sometimes there is hand waving in front of my face, parted lips, twitching nose, a slight head tilt and some eye fluttering

7. If you are near someone who is about to sneeze, what pre-sneeze rituals do you like to see/hear or do you prefer to see/hear none? I just like to watch it build. See there mouth open slightly, nostrils start to widen and eyelids start to close and flutter. :blush: I like it if they're able to announce it. And hitching is ALWAYS hot during a continuous fit.

To answer this I would have to say that yes my pre-sneeze ritual is consistent for most all your sneezes. When I feel a sneeze coming on I pinch the bridge of my nose real hard and this will stop the sneeze in it's tracks most of the time :P Also yse there are normally hitched breaths as part of my pre-sneeze ritual :P

1. Is your pre-sneeze ritual consistent for most all your sneezes? Not that I've noticed.

2. Are you a sudden sneezer who has no ritual? I rarely have a sudden sneeze without any prior notice.

3. Do you announce an oncoming sneeze if others are nearby? Nope. I don't dare. If I try to speak, the sneeze usually goes away.

4. If you announce, do the words come out normally, or do hitched breaths cause you to stutter when you announce? Again, I don't make a habit of sneezing and talking at the same time cuz sadly the talking will take over and the sneeze will retreat. However, there is one time I do remember that I was getting into it with my son. I was just rambling orders out to him and getting aggravated because of his behavior and the sneezes just started coming and they were literally breaking into my yelling at my son. It was hard to speak. :laugh:

5. Are hitched breaths part of your pre-sneeze ritual? Not really. There were times when I had allergies way back when and the sneezes got up to eights and nines and as they would increase in numbers I would find myself hitching. However, that rarely EVER happens anymore. Usually there is some building with my breath, but you really can't hear it. And then inbetween sneezes there will be sharp sudden intakes of breath.

7. If you are near someone who is about to sneeze, what pre-sneeze rituals do you like to see/hear or do you prefer to see/hear none? I just like to watch it build. See there mouth open slightly, nostrils start to widen and eyelids start to close and flutter. :twisted: I like it if they're able to announce it. And hitching is ALWAYS hot during a continuous fit.

Dawnie. . .I'd love to be nearby when you are about to sneeze. You should get an "Academy Award" for pre-sneeze body language. Sounds like you put on a great show. :drool:

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, but I have 2 styles. If I'm alone, I simply breathe in really deeply and then let the sneeze(s) come. If I'm in public, I tense up, put my hand right over my nose and mouth, and sneeze.

I'm never a sudden sneezer. I don't have much of a ritual, but I ALWAYS know when my sneezes are coming and always choose to let them come (in private, certain public times) or make them go away.

No no no!!!!! *mortified* LOL

N/A

If I have a cold, yes. Otherwise, no. Just one big, deep breath to prompt the sneeze.

Head tilts a bit back, if I'm in public I have my hand over my nose and mouth. When I sneeze my head jerks forward slightly. I always exhale really loudly afterwards, doesn't matter if I've stifled or sneezed openly.

Breath hitching, hands moving up to mouth and nose area, sniffing a lot, sneezy expression on face, taking about sneezing, etc. All of it!

1. Is your pre-sneeze ritual consistent for most all your sneezes

I don't really have a ritual...just try to get prepared!

Most of the time yes if sudden is 2 or so seconds.

I don't sneeze in front of people. But I probably would if I did.

Unknown

Nope

Never really noticed.

I'm not fussed. Love conversations being interupted if that counts.

1. Is your pre-sneeze ritual consistent for most all your sneezes? yes

2. Are you a sudden sneezer who has no ritual? no

3. Do you announce an oncoming sneeze if others are nearby? no

4. If you announce, do the words come out normally, or do hitched breaths cause you to stutter when you announce? eh no

5. Are hitched breaths part of your pre-sneeze ritual? yep

6. What body language is part of your pre-sneeze ritual? (eg head tilted back, finger under nose, etc.)? head tilted back usually.. slightly.. and i get into a good posture. all proper like. lol

7. If you are near someone who is about to sneeze, what pre-sneeze rituals do you like to see/hear or do you prefer to see/hear none? usually announcing that theyre going to sneeze.. or a hitched breath :mellow:

Archived