1. 1. Are you a "sneezer/runner"?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know or not sure
  2. 2. Are you a "blocker"?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know or not sure
  3. 3. Are you either, depending on the season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know or not sure

I read all this strange medical stuff on allergies, because it interests me from personal, fetish, and medical perspectives. So I thought I'd poll all of you allergic people and find out who's what.

Definitions:

"Sneezer and runner" -- primarily allergic symptoms of sneezing and runny nose

"Blocker" -- primarily allergic symptoms of stuffy nose

Either -- Depending on the time of year or your allergy season, you could be either one.

For more information, see http://www.whiar.org/docs/ARIA_PG.pdf (page 20, Figure 2)

Guest G Sneeze

lol, sneezer and runner. XD Sneezing while running? Sure, ok. Just kidding. ;)

I picked 'Don't know'/'Unsure'. I suppose it sorta depends. I can be random when it comes to these things, so... if that makes sense.

My new doctor recently informed me that I have allergies. So I'm assuming I'd be classified as a "blocker" because my nose is quite often stuffed up.

I am not a sneezy person so I never associated a stuffy nose with allergies before. To me, nasal allergies meant a sneezy, itchy, or runny nose.

In fact, I don't even know how my doctor could diagnose me so promply as he did. I went to the doctor because I was SICK of course. It shocked me when he stated almost as a matter of fact "You have allergies, yes?" when he has never seen or treated me before. I had assumed most doctors would associate the sick with being congested and nasally.

I don't deny, however, that my nose is often stuffy and I often breathe with my mouth. I also have asthma which compounds it. I still haven't determined exactly what I am "allergic" to since I don't have violent reactions such as sneezing or runny noses.

My new doctor recently informed me that I have allergies. So I'm assuming I'd be classified as a "blocker" because my nose is quite often stuffed up.

I am not a sneezy person so I never associated a stuffy nose with allergies before. To me, nasal allergies meant a sneezy, itchy, or runny nose.

In fact, I don't even know how my doctor could diagnose me so promply as he did. I went to the doctor because I was SICK of course. It shocked me when he stated almost as a matter of fact "You have allergies, yes?" when he has never seen or treated me before. I had assumed most doctors would associate the sick with being congested and nasally.

I don't deny, however, that my nose is often stuffy and I often breathe with my mouth. I also have asthma which compounds it. I still haven't determined exactly what I am "allergic" to since I don't have violent reactions such as sneezing or runny noses.

i used to think exactly like you did. I personally don't have allergies, but Jodi does, and exactly like you, just gets congested, doesn't get sneezy/runny/itchy.

She also has asthma too.

In fact, I don't even know how my doctor could diagnose me so promply as he did.

I still haven't determined exactly what I am "allergic" to since I don't have violent reactions such as sneezing or runny noses.

Allergies can be easily diagnosed because there are quite typical physical signs that accompany them. (I could go on and on about this, but everyone would be bored to tears! :laugh: )

It's likely that you're allergic to dust mites. . . they're indoors, in your pillow and mattress. Because you'd be exposed to them at least 8 hours a night, you'd have chronic allergic symptoms (stuffy nose) all the time. Just a thought. (I'm allergic to mites, among other things, and this was how I was in the fall/winter.)

Are you going to get allergy tested?

Edited by Trillium
Allergies can be easily diagnosed because there are quite typical physical signs that accompany them. (I could go on and on about this, but everyone would be bored to tears! :D )

It's likely that you're allergic to dust mites. . . they're indoors, in your pillow and mattress. Because you'd be exposed to them at least 8 hours a night, you'd have chronic allergic symptoms (stuffy nose) all the time. Just a thought. (I'm allergic to mites, among other things, and this was how I was in the fall/winter.)

Are you going to get allergy tested?

Yeah that might be it. My dad and brother have allergies, and they've recently done everything they could think of to allergy-proof our house. Including buying those expensive air filters, buying a brand new vacuum cleaner, and also special covers for the mattresses and pillows to help block out dust mites.

I don't pay much attention to my own nose since I'm not a sneezy person. Perhaps I should attempt to start noticing my own condition instead of obsessing over other people's ones. :lol:

King_of_the_ruins: Ah that's good to know I'm not the only one at least :D