Sneeze Fetish Forum

Chase Drabble

aggedy_ann

Just some Chase Crack

Fandom: House MD

Characters: House and Chase

Summary: Ummm…there really isn’t one. Ummm…House is going to get to the bottom of why Chase keeps sneezing and interrupting the DDX.

Written because Chase won’t leave me alone to write Expecting Comfort because he feels that I need to write something about him.

Disclaimer: Again, I do not own the cast and/or characters of House MD; rather they own me.

“It could be Lupus.” Cameron suggested.

“It’s never Lupus.” Foreman countered. “My money’s on Encephalitis.”

House turned expectantly to Chase, expecting him to give the third possible explanation. “And Wombat?”

“Eh-chuhh.” Chase pressed a crumpled tissue from his nose and pulled another from the box. “I’m sorry. What was the question?” He asked thickly, rubbing his eyes.

“The patient. You know, the sick person we’re treating.” House looked at him as if he were even dumber than normal.

“Right the patient. Umm, something autoimmune.”

“What specifically?” Cameron asked, somewhat more patiently than House or Foreman would have.

“Ummmm, myalgic encephalomyelitis. Eii-ihhshuhh. Pardon.”

“Sure. Pick the one with no specific test.” House snapped. “Foreman, Cameron, do an LP and an MRI. Check ANA and do a CBC while you’re at it”

“What do you want me to do?” Chase asked, blowing his nose carefully.

“Stay the hell away from the patient since we don’t want to infect them with whatever virus you’re carrying.”

“Fine.” Chase sniffled, rubbing at his nose.

Cameron and Foreman left the office to go do the labs House requested. House pulled the nearest medical journal over to him and began to pretend to read it in order to avoid House’s penetrating stare. “Eii-chhehhh, hih-chehhh, uhh-ihhhcheshh.” Unfortunately his nose had other ideas.

“Alright Wombat. What is wrong with you? If you’re sick, you could have shown some consideration for your co-workers, namely, me, and stayed home.”

“I’m finde.” Chase blew his nose again. “It’s just a couple sneezes.”

“22 since you’ve come in this morning. More than just a few sneezes. If you’ve got a cold, you should have stayed home.”

“Doesn’t feel like a cold. Just a sneezy day, I guess.” He looked up to notice House sitting next to him. “What?”

“Symptoms.”

“Doing a differential on me now?”

“Symptoms.”

“Sneezing.”

“Duh.”

“Congestion.”

“Again, duh.” He looked closely at Chase. “Eyes itch at all?”

“A little.” He reached for his crumpled tissue again. “Eiichuhhh.”

House waited for him to blow his nose before pressing against his sinuses. “Hurt at all?”

“No.”

“When did the symptoms start?”

“Noticed I was a bit stuffy yesterday, worse today, but I don’t feel sick.”

“Eyes been watering?”

“A little.” Chase rubbed his nose with the back of his hand.

“History of allergies?”

“Some, back in Melbourne. But not a pro…ihhchhh…not a problem since I moved here 4 years ago.”

“I think it’s hay fever.” House concluded.

“I just told you, I’ve never had allergy problems in the states, except for animal dander. I doubt that’s the case now.”

“You Did go to medical school right? Remember the part where they discussed that allergies can occur at any time? Exposure is the key. Eyes are red and watery, you’re sneezy and congested, yet don’t feel sick; you’ve been rubbing your nose; you’ve even got that little ‘allergic crease’ starting on it. I can get Cameron in here for a second opinion.”

“Hiichuhhh, uhhchehh, chishhoo.”

“And you’re up to 27 sneezes.” House got up and walked over to his desk. Returning to the conference table, he threw a packet of pills down. “Diphenhydramine. I’d recommend you take it, especially as I’m sick of listening to you sniffle and sneeze.”

Sighing, Chase reached for his coffee and downed the pills. “Thanks.”

House rolled his eyes. “Please. It was to keep my sanity, not to help you. I’ll write you a scrip for Allegra. In the meantime, you can go and research what may be causing the patient’s symptoms other than Lupus or Encephalitis.”

Grabbing the tissue box from the table, Chase headed over to the computer start the task House had assigned.

:D :D *grins like a total goof* sneezy Chase. :laugh: Of course you needed to write him. And sneezy allergic wombat is Very fun :hug:
Ahhh, another "House" gem! Great start, thank you! :laugh:

Thanks....I was hoping if I wrote something with him in it he would patiently wait until his turn. *glares at muse* Apparently not, though, since he keeps distracting me.

:D :D *grins like a total goof* sneezy Chase. :laugh: Of course you needed to write him. And sneezy allergic wombat is Very fun :hug:

And now, there's another rabid bunny bouncing through my brain involving the end of the episode with Hector where House has him in the offoce. Wombat just isn't very patient these days; he wants his representation. Just remember who has control of the keyboard, buddy.

Oh I am learning more and more about House as time goes on.

This was cute...I really liked the bit at the end where House says that he didn't care about helping Chase, just that Chase was annoying him! :laugh:

This is great! Oh, I love Chase and House...they are such a great combo.

I am on edge about next season...I just can't wait to see what they do with the cast!

Please, continue! You have an excellent style and your sneezes are divine! :)

This is great! Oh, I love Chase and House...they are such a great combo.

I am on edge about next season...I just can't wait to see what they do with the cast!

Please, continue! You have an excellent style and your sneezes are divine! :)

Thanks. I'm pretty nervous about next season too.

This drabble is just a one shot, but don't worry. Chase will be having his own section in the comfort stories, plus there's a few more bunnies bouncing around in my brain as Chase tries to see if he ca overpower the other muses. Geee...I wonder if that's why it's hard to sleep lol.

Triffic stuff. It's never lupus, is it?

Is the next seaason Number 4? I'm only on series 2. Can you not get Channel 5, KK? No, probably not.

Triffic stuff. It's never lupus, is it?

Is the next seaason Number 4? I'm only on series 2. Can you not get Channel 5, KK? No, probably not.

Thanks.

In the US, the next season will be 4 (and season 3 is out on DVD 8-21....can't wait to see if Finally they will include a sneeze in the bloopers...all my favorite shows never seem too :wheels:)

and, no, it's never Lupus. Although IF the series ever has to end, that would be a good diagnosis for the series finale. Can just see the shock on House's face as Yes, it is Lupus lol.

*GLEE* I think that says it all, really. :rolleyes: Poor sniffly, allergicy wombat. :bounce: And of course as always I love the interplay between House and, well, everyone. XD

Thanks Fifs. You know I'm having fun with the Wombat. And I'm discovering that I Love to write House. Gives me a chance to be all snarktastic XD

There are not enough emoticans to express how much i love this. Poor Chase, he always gets such a rough deal. Love the fact that House is so short with him. Just wanna hug him and take him home! Was also re-watching season 3 today...the little moment between the two *don't want to spoil it* made me grin from ear to ear. Love the combo of those to.

Love it

Sara

X

Archived