Sneeze Fetish Forum

A Singing in the Rain fic?

Rika

So my friend introduced me to the cheesie wonder that is Singing in the Rain...and I loved it. Gene Kelly is almost offensively talented, not to mention gorgeous! My friend mentioned that he was sick when he filmed the famous singing and dancing in the rain sequence, and (of course) i found this extremely interesting. I did a little online research and found this:

""Songfacts: You can leave comments about the song at the bottom of the page.

Arthur Freed was originally inspired to write the lyrics for this when he saw from his Seattle sheet music shop a man saturated by rain dancing past his shop window. Nacio Herb Brown wrote the music to this. It debuted in one of the first musical sound films, Hollywood Revue 1929, in which Cliff Edwards performed the song. Some years later, Arthur Freed, now a producer for MGM, wanted to increase the revenue from his old lyrics so he commissioned Betty Comden and Adolphe Green to construct a musical around his songs, which became the film Singin' In The Rain. Gene Kelly, who was sick with a cold, performed this famous rain drenched dance number in the movie over 2 days while struggling with a fever of 103 degrees. The rain was made up of a blend of water and milk to make sure it showed up on camera. "

...without too much embarrassment, I'll admit that the second to last sentence made me squeal and give a litle jig of joy. Gene Kelly filming, soaking wet, and sick. The whole idea is just obsenely adorable to me. So that brings me to the main point of this too-long post. Would anyone be interested in a fic portraying Gene Kelly's struggle? I have no idea where exactly to begin, but I'm itching to write, and I can't get this outta my head...the idea that this actually occured and is real is just too irresistible.

SOO...any takers?

PS: and if you don't know which scene I'm talking about, go (right now) and look it up on youtube!

Alright, gotta go,but please let me know what you guys think of this!

Much Love,

*~Rika~*

OOOHHHH OOOHHHHH! Huge Gene Kelly fan right here! I absolutely adored that man. Talented and gorgeous! :)

I always thought that was an urban legend, him being sick during that. He he. Guess I was wrong. :clapping:

Anyway, if no one else pops in and wants to write this, I will. However, you will have to wait until it's done, and right now, my writing is at a snail's pace. But, I would love to write that. I may have to borrow my friend's copy of that movie (No, I don't own it, which I should, jeez). Since it takes me forever to download videos on youtube. But, I would love the chance to write this!

My other favorite movie with him in it is Xanadu. I know he was older, but still a damn fine looking man! And who doesn't love Olvia Newton-John, right? That movie was so incredibly cheesy, it was great!

Edited to ask a question:

Should I write it about Gene Kelly and his struggle to film that scene while sick? I thought that was what you meant, but wanted to ask for sure!

Should I write it about Gene Kelly and his struggle to film that scene while sick? I thought that was what you meant, but wanted to ask for sure!

yep, that's exactly what I meant. :lol: Isn't this just fanfic gold? Haha I prolly won't be able to resist writing a bit about this too.

Anyway, I'd be thrilled if you wrote a fic around this! I can't wait to read it! :lmfao:

Well, my friend said she'd gladly lend me that DVD. So, YAY! Hopefully, I can do Gene Kelly justice. I guess we'll see. This is so much fun! Great idea, Rika! :lmfao:

I would really love the Gene Kelly fic. <huge Gene Kelly fan here> 17 years ago when my dance teacher told me Gene Kelly was sick while filming that number, I knew it would be something I wanted to read about. Now that I know there are other out there who are interested in writing one, I can't wait to finally have one small wish come true. ;)

WoOoT!! :D hehe I'm sooo excited for this. I know you'll do an awesome job, sneesee!

Thanks so much for taking on the challenge! :D

*~*~Rika~*~*

OOh YES PLEASE! I love that song (although rather embarrassed to say that I've never managed to see the film), and when I heard that story a while back (pre-fetish discovery) it made me very happy :huh:...and then confused lol. But yeah, rambling over, do please write!

• 2 weeks later...
:laugh: I love Gene Kelly! I just watched Singing in the Rain on TV again like...20 minutes ago. *lol* And of course i thought of this thread the whole time. I hope you do write it, because I was thinking about how gorgeous he is as i watched the movie...and what a body *dies*

Archived