Sneeze Fetish Forum

Second or third person

K.Matsuri

So I'm getting ready to write my first piece of sneeze fiction. It's going to be loosely based on being a camp counselor, which I got experience with this summer. Part of me really, reeeeally wants to write it in second-person perspective ("You this, you that"), but I haven't seen many - if any - second-person stories on here. Would third-person be a better choice? I'd love to hear your opinions - in the meantime, I'm outlining!

In my opinion, I usually find the third person most enjoyable for fanfics, however I have never seen any in the second person. That would be interesting to read. I think most people would read it either way, it's all up to you, and the way you like to write. I would read it either way, personally. :)

Personally, I think second-person usually sounds rather silly, and evokes memories of those awful choose-your-own-adventure books from grade school.

But, as always, a good story and good writing are much more important than any objective criteria.

Second person fics are Incredibly difficult to not have be cheesy- in my opinion (I echo ellwren's comment re: the choose your own adventure thing). I Did actually read one story (not sf) that was amazingly well written from that perspective.

BUT... you can always try it in second person and see how it feels to you...

Otherwise you could take what might seem like a "different" p.o.v. ... I wrote an orginal story Years ago that was about two characters exploring the fetish... from the non-sf characters p.o.v. which for me was really different and made it feel like a fun challenge.

Just a couple of thoughts. Best of luck!

Third person is commonly the way to go, for a number of reasons. But I think it would be kind of cool if you could pull off a second person one well. I wouldn't advise you do it as your very first one, though. Plenty of time for ground-breaking later :cryhappy:

Archived