Sneeze Fetish Forum

Reasons behind my fetish

Poppy

Reading a thread got my inspired to post an old book I found that I think was one of the reasons behind my fetish.

This is a part from Junie B. Jones (my past favorite series)

92129306yr1.jpg

So I was wondering, do you have any things you would think that contributed to your fetish in your childhood?

Anything? :P

~Tubas

Yep, ohhhh yep, the Sesame Street bit with Count von Count when he was counting pot plant flowers and kept sneezing...then he was counting his sneezes. I LOVED that one...sadly though, it wasn't on very much. LOL.

I would say though that by this time my fetish was already in place, but I can't honestly recall anything specific that actually contributed to it prior to this time.

Oh HOO, if you look in the "media" section, you'll find a topic about the Ghostbusters cartoon that I started. The episode linked in that clip DEFINITELY got my fetish fired up more than anything I can remember!

~Aku

Well, I know a lot of TV shows and this one book I had probably helped contribute to my fetish. I loved that skit with the Count from Sesame Street (I do believe it's on youtube somewhere :winkkiss: ). I also loved quite a few skits on The Electric Company. In fact, there was one in particular where one of the actors was dressed as a cold germ, infecting people, and they'd sneeze. I wish I could remember that one more vividly. And my favorite book was "Stand back, said the elephant, I'm going to sneeze!" I still have it.

But, my mom told me a story once, that had me kind of wondering. I believe I was chatting with a fellow forum member on yahoo, and for some reason, my mom was hanging out with me in my den. I don't even know how we got on the subject, I think it was something one of my kids did, and my mom said, "Well, when you were little, not even walking yet, I wasn't watching and your sister sneezed on you." And that made me shudder to hear it. Is it possible that one moment in time changed me forever? I'm not complaining, mind you, I LOVE having this fetish. But, it's just scary to think that perhaps it came from a family member sneezing on me. :o

Yep, ohhhh yep, the Sesame Street bit with Count von Count when he was counting pot plant flowers and kept sneezing...then he was counting his sneezes. I LOVED that one...sadly though, it wasn't on very much. LOL.

I feel ripped off! In all of my Sesame Street years I NEVER saw this!

I feel ripped off! In all of my Sesame Street years I NEVER saw this!

Well.... that was a 1970's skit. Do they still show the old Sesame Streets?

BTW.... its on YouTube. :winkkiss:

I have no clue how I go this fetish... I remember when I was 3 years old I asked my mom a question about sneezing, but only because I already liked sneezing :winkkiss: it's sad but I remember that right after that I thought about this boy I had seen before sneezing and liked it... but no clue how I got classically conditioned to enjoy sneezing...

I've been thinking about the origins of my sneezing fetish lately since it is only recently that I realized that I have this fetish. I remember that everyone outside of my immediate family had allergies when I was a kid. My summers were spent with an array of kids who spent most of their time dealing with their seasonal allergies: coughing, sneezing, wheezing, etc. My bestfriend, and neighbor, was always sneezing and rubbing her nose. Since I was never a sneezer, I almost always felt left out, but intrigued that someone could spend all day sneezing. When I was a child, parents and doctors didn't routinely prescribe or administer antihistamines to children unless in addtion to their allergies, they also were asthmatic. I also believe that I became aware of my own sexuality the same summer that my male cousin and a female friend spent the entire summer in our household sneezing their heads off. TThey were both highly allergic to ragweed, tree spores, and pollen. They also liked each other a lot and were 13 years old at the time, so they bonded over their mutual allergies and would even count each others' sneezes to see who sneezed the most that day, while I stood on the sidelines observing their pleasure. Interesting, hum, how this fetish developed, or so I believe.

Now that I am fully aware of my fetish, I am enjoying it. However, as someone posted earlier, because people routinely take antihistamines, I can be out all day and not hear one doggone sneeze. :wacko:

I think part of mine came from a beloved Christmas book about Donald's nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louis, who got sick on Christmas and dreamed about visiting Santa at the North Pole. I wish I could find it! :yes:

Well, in my manifesto I wrote about all these sneezing things in the media that I remember liking as a kid. Books, movies, TV shows, etc. But I wouldn't say that these things make up the reason behind my fetish. For one thing, there are so many other activites that I engaged in naturally as a kid that had nothing to do with anyone else's influence. I used to draw comics of people and animals sneezing and I used to play with my toys and make them sneeze and stuff like that. My opinion is that we were all born with the fetish and all this media stuff, well, we just happened to notice that we liked them at a young age. It doesn't mean that that's where the fetish came from. I mean, if that were the case, wouldn't almost everyone have it?

Guest pookie77

I was a HUGE fan of the Baby-Sitters Club books, and I believe book 13 was something like, "Mary Ann Saves the Day" or something like that --- I don't know the title anymore. Mary Ann was dating Logan, who had a brother and sister, whom she would babysit for ~ the brother had really bad allergies, and the WHOLE DAMN BOOK was filled with sneezes and descriptions of sneezing ... I felt wrong while reading that book, but could not put it down ~ I would just continue to re-read it over and over ... all the descriptions of why the little boy had to sneeze, and all the things he was allergic to ~ I was definitely more affected by allergy sneezing than anything else ...

Man, I wish I could find that book.

hmmmm....well....i didnt have the fetish as a child. i only recently "caught it"....but i can say that i got it from talking to Aku about it....and contemplating the science behind it (sorry i am a mad scientist) and finding out what made it happen and such..and the more i was intrigued by it...the more it started to affect me...and then one day i just had it.....the more i studied it and thought about it, i guess i conditioned myself to have it. *shrugs* kinda wish i had a better response here.... :D

I was a HUGE fan of the Baby-Sitters Club books, and I believe book 13 was something like, "Mary Ann Saves the Day" or something like that --- I don't know the title anymore. Mary Ann was dating Logan, who had a brother and sister, whom she would babysit for ~ the brother had really bad allergies, and the WHOLE DAMN BOOK was filled with sneezes and descriptions of sneezing ... I felt wrong while reading that book, but could not put it down ~ I would just continue to re-read it over and over ... all the descriptions of why the little boy had to sneeze, and all the things he was allergic to ~ I was definitely more affected by allergy sneezing than anything else ...

Mary Anne and the Search for Tigger. Good LORD it's sad that I know that. But I was really into them too. Oddly enough, I did not like that book though. I wished Logan was the one with the allergy and felt ripped off the whole way through. It's more than likely on Amazon.

Chui, you give me hope. :-) I've never heard of anyone acquiring the fetish late in life before, but I'm hoping I can get a lover into it.

I used to love Junie B. Jones! :) I think that the two biggest things for me that maybe have started my fetish are, the Frosty the Snowman movie/thing and Arthur.

Mary Anne and the Search for Tigger. Good LORD it's sad that I know that. But I was really into them too. Oddly enough, I did not like that book though. I wished Logan was the one with the allergy and felt ripped off the whole way through. It's more than likely on Amazon.

Oh man, I so totally remember that book. Read that a good number of times in elementary school while I was working my way through all the BSC books in the library. (I have a BSC necklace up in my room that I found the other day...I think it came from one of the Super Specials...)

Let's see...contributors to my fetish in early childhood:

-Several skits on the early '90's Sesame Street: An animated bit on counting with kids bringing this one boy flowers, only to result in the boy announcing that the doctor said that flowers made him sneeze (thus he destroyed all the flowers the kids brought him!! Pity!), plus a skit where several muppets put together a musical piece with what, snoring, sneezing, and a few other bodily noises. Made me good and embarrassed.

-Rosenshontz video: "Feel Better Friends". The kid brought the freakin' panda to life with really big (and fake) sneezes! Terrifying! Plus a song sequence with many, many close-ups of noses, which probably triggered embarrassment in me - not to mention it ends with a big fake sneeze! Aaaaaah >_< (That song scares me even to this day, and I'm 19!)

-Book: "Germs Make Me Sick" - this is not a sneeze fetish trigger specifically, but a fascination with/phobia of germs

But of course, that's talking like...preschool.

There's plenty of other guilty pleasures I had as I was going through the grades :); (And still have...) Of course I have a greater memory for media pieces if they have sneezing in them, so, yeah. I could probably list like, everything, but that'd be a little ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't know how I got it.. it's kind of weird. After reading this topic, I'm remembering things from when I was a kid, but they all seem like I had already had the fetish before the memories I'm remembering. I do remember watching a home movie from when my younger sister was born, when I was 2. I went to the hospital to see my mom the day after she was born with my dad and my grandparents. My sister sneezed and I thought it was funny, and my grandma faked sneezed a few times to make me laugh. So, that could probably be why I have it, but, if I thought sneezes were funny/different/interesting at the time, couldn't I have already had it before then?

I love Junie B. Jones!! I'll never think about that girl in the same way ever again. But I don't know if anything in particular got me started. Sneezes were something I always noticed with particular interest.

I don't really recall any particular event that triggered the fetish. All of my memories take place after I had it. But I think it was due to the fact that many of my friends when I was young liked sneezing, because I don't recall having it before I met friends in kindergarden who liked it. I think that the fact that when I was young most of my friends had the same fascination with sneezing as myself and would often play games centered around it......that certainly helped me to keep my interst, if not boost it as well.

I've noticed that since I've been comming on to the forum here and other sites my fetish has become much stronger than before. I believe that is similar to how I acquired the fetish in the first place: frequent exposure.

Archived