Sneeze Fetish Forum

Legend of Bagger Vance (M)

allergyboy2001

I was watching "The Legend of Bagger Vance," which is not a great movie (psychologically implausible), but it is mildly entertaining -- golf fantasy with Matt Damon, Will Smith, Charlize Theron. Because it is set in the early 1930s, there are minor instances of handkerchief display.

At one point Matt Damon is hurriedly packing his suitcase, to try to escape town before the big golf tournament. He takes a bunch of clothes from his dresser and throws them into his suitcase in a chaotic heap. Then he goes and opens his bedside drawer and grabs a handful of handkerchiefs. He gives them a quick glance, as if he is counting them to make sure he has enough, before he puts them in his suitcase.

I thought this was interesting because the movie makers remembered that, realistically, people of that era would pack handkerchiefs. And the little glance to see if he had enough was a nice touch. Wonder if Matt Damon came up with that from real-life experience??!

To my recollection, at no point did the female lead Charlize Theron carry around a handkerchief (unrealistic but true). Even though the film was set in the heat of Savannah, Georgia!

Archived