Sneeze Fetish Forum

and snuff mills and shop !

countless

As there is a risk of starting threadjacking I made a separate post of this.

http://www.snuifmolens.nl/doc2E.htm

In Rotterdam / Holland there are still 2 'snuff mills' in operation.

At the height of the Dutch imperium snuff was very popular in the Netherlands. Windmills were making snuff out of regular tobacco and herbs.

Nowadays those can still be visited (I never did) and there is a (on-line) shop were several kinds of snuff can be ordered.

Check it out !

C

Most interesting. I wonder if the Welsh professor in the linked site is one of us; I fear not. The Dutch mills are much more glamorous than Wilson's of Sharrow's [which is now mostly what Smith's sell].

I am convinced that I can remember Fribourg and Treyer's shop in the Haymarket, though I never dared go in; I can't remember if they still had shops at the universities, though I do remember buying their snuff . Indeed I've just found one of their little tin cylinders [sadly bashed] and realised that that was what I was thinking of in my brilliant Lexx fic.

Until all this anti-tobacco stuff started a few years ago, it was usual in the Senior Combination Rooms at the universities [ with good potential for obsides]. In fact I recall the senior fellow reprimanding someone who had used the cigarette-box {" Turkish on the right, Virginia on the left"]; "You must pass the senior tobacco first" !!

I suspect it was quite common among men of what I call the older generation, ie born around WWI.

Yes, I really remember it all, and I am still almost alive.

Archived