Sneeze Fetish Forum

5 Times Someone Took Care of Wilson (m) - (4 Parts)

tma

Author: tma

Title: "Five Times Someone Took Care of Wilson and One Time Someone Made it Worse"

Fandom: "House"

Disclaimer: Unless I got them as a present and didn't realise it- I don't own them.

Description: brigidmn's 5 thing- totally gave me this idea. This is going to be a series with each of the main characters on the show (alright... seasons 1-3) taking a turn at being nice to Wilson. The last drabble will be a surprise.

Foreman

Who's The Boss

Eric Foreman paced back and forth. The news that Cuddy had given him regarding having the potential to head his own department was overwhelming. He wasn't sure quite what to make of it. He had even tentatively asked Wilson about the possiblity, which showed how much the idea was consuming his thoughts.

Now he found himself outside the onocologist's office again, trying to question him about it further. Somehow, he thought, if Wilson gave his blessing than it would be fine.

He knocked softly on the door. In a minute, it was opened, surprise evident on the older man's face. Foreman hesistated, "Is... this not a good time?"

Wilson shook his head and cleared his throat, "No... no... come on in. It just was the knock..." he trailed off.

Foreman chuckled, "Not one that you'd generally associate with me?"

Wilson looked a little abashed, but threw up his hands in an "you got me" gesture, and gave a wry grin. Then he gestured for Foreman to have a seat. "So what can I do for you?"

Something was off, Foreman thought, the crisp efficent tone was dulled somehow.

"I was thinking..." he began.

Wilson waited for a moment and then asked, "About what we talked about the other day?" and tried to surreptitiously scrub a knuckle against his nose.

Foreman nodded. "I know that this puts you in an awkard situation."

"You think?" then Wilson held up a hand and turned quickly in his chair, and sneezed into a handkerchief. "huuuh... EiSchuh... huhRrreiiiShuh" He shuddered slightly, then cleared his throat and murmured, "Excuse me. I'm used to being put in the middle. House does it to me often enough. What is your rationalization for try to get me to go along with you?"

Foreman was caught between going over his reasons- reasons that were solid and (he thought) benefited the entire group, and asking Wilson if something was wrong. But of course, Dr. Wilson certainly wasn't someone that would confide in him. Nevertheless, as he started to outline the way that that his taking over would benefit each member of the team, House included, he noticed that the older man looked more than tired, and seemed to have his hand up to his face more often. It didn't just look like he was thinking... it almost looked like...

That thought was interrupted by a breathy, "'Scuse me." and then a quartet of harsh, wet sneezes that were barely suppressed into the same handerkerchief, that, now that he noticed was looking a bit worse for wear.

After the brief fit, Wilson apologized and looked to Foreman to continue.

"Look... Dr. Wilson... I really don't need to do this now. I still have another couple of weeks to decide. You can just go home." then he paused, and gave Wilson a pointed look, suitably veiled to show deference to the department head, but just as clear in it's intentions. "I assume that's where you were going."

Wilson's expression was a comination of puzzled and embarrassed. "Actually, I was planning on staying late tonight, and as I just told you, I don't mind helping..."

Foreman cut him short, "You need to be home." Then he softened his stance a bit, but keeping his tone authoritative. "You are obviously not feeling good."

Wilson stubbornly shook his head. "I'm fine. If you want to put this off, that's alright, then I'll just get back to work."

Foreman shook his head at the absurdity of Wilson's assertion. "I don't get it. House does anything he can to get out of doing work."

Wilson chuckled and sniffed congestedly, "I'm not House. Someone has to be the re... spon..." he trailed off, eyes starting to water and nostrils flaring. Foreman took a handkerchief from his pocket and held it out before the oncologist could pull out his used one.

Wilson's cheeks grew rosy, and he reached for it with trembling hand. He threw back his chestnut head and succumbed to a fit of sneezes "heeeeh... EiShuh... hehreiTchuh... EiChuh... heeeh.. huh ReiShuh...Chumpt... hehChumpt... ugh.. thadks"

The neurologist looked on with a look that was a cross between smug amusement and compassion. "Responsible one?" he finished. "Today that would have to be me." and he walked to the coat rack and grabbed Wilson's coat off the hook. Wilson looked on questioningly, and his watery brown eyes grew even wider when he saw Foreman flip open his cell phone and make a phone call.

"Dr. Cuddy? Dr. Wilson is going to be leaving early today. Does he have clinic hours? No? Alright. Thanks. Bye."

Despite being exsaperated and flustered, Wilson had to admit that he was impressed with the crisp, efficent, no nonesense approach that he took.

Wilson combed a hand through his hair and tried to figure out what to do. "But..."

"Your patients are taken care of."

"But.. I did have some files that I really need to do today." and he reached out to grab them off the desk, but found himself blocked by the younger man who grabbed them instead.

"Are these the ones? I'll be taking care of that."

An eyebrow quirked at that assertion, then the other brow rose slowly as well and Wilson turned and sneezed a pair of wet desperate sneezes into the depths of the borrowed handkerchief.

"Bless. Hey, if I am considering heading a department I ought to be able to handle paperwork. And how hard should it be to handle paperwork from a doctor that actually fills things out as he goes?"

He has a point. Wilson was forced to admit. He smiled and inwardly chuckled at the logic that Foreman had used to make his case. Then he shook his head and accepted his coat from Foreman. He got himself ready, and then just as he reached the door, he turned and looked up at the younger man with a questioning look. "Are you..."

"Dr. Wilson- just go home." he answered emphatically, arms folded across his chest, the neurologist was going to brook no arguments.

A hand went up in surrender. "All...rii... ReiShuh... EiChumpt... huhReiShuh... Chmpt.. 'cuse me. Alright. Thanks" And off he went to crawl into bed, secure in the knowledge that things were taken care of for the afternoon.

Okay...is it sad that I actually Squeed when I saw this? It just made me really excited to see this. And of course, it was totally delicious and yummy and *sigh*.

Foreman was totally how I'd picture him being. Very no nonsense and direct. Meet the needs without being fussy and well, overtly caring. And I love the timing on this. And out of all of them, FOreman would be the one with the handkerchief in his back pocket.

Mmmmm...I cannot wait for the next part. THis was amazing. :P What is it about sniffly sneezy oncologists that is just so endearing? (and intensivists of course)

Mmmmm...I cannot wait for the next part.

Hear hear!!! Loved this, can't wait for more. Are you gonna have all of them taking care of him during the same cold, or six different scenes, like brigidmn? Looking forward to the House scene...oooh, and is the last scene going to be Wilson attempting to look after himself? Can't think of a sixth main character, if not...

silentdreamer789

:cryhappy: Poor Wilson. He must be the sneeziest guy on thhis forum.

So much torture :cryhappy:

Thanks tma

:cryhappy: thanks guys!

I'm working on the next one. They aren't going to be all at the same time/same cold. In fact... they really aren't going to be in timeline order (at least I don't think that they are). This might sound lame- but my ordering is really more in terms of characters that I was finding it harder to come up with how they would sound/ how they'd connect with Wilson and then (hopefully) moving on to the easier ones. Foreman was really tough for me- he's got a strong personality, but he's not really sappy, but not House, and there really hasn't been too much Wilson and Foreman interaction on the show.

Anyway... enough rambling... I'm glad that you guys are liking it... next up will be Cameron.

Oh... and part six.... I'm being evil and keeping my mouth shut on who it will be. :cryhappy:

• 2 weeks later...

Cameron

"Resolution"

(Lame title... might change it)

A/N- (for those that care- I was debating on season 2 or season 3 Cam I decided on season 3- hope that it is semi-in character.

I woke up to an inssessant pounding. It was difficult at first to distinguish that there were two sources for this; only one being internal. I managed to roll myself out of bed without landing on the floor and opened the door.

Oh god... not Cameron The tight lipped brunette's eyes cooly gave me the once over. Her face offered neither sympathy nor concern. Which was fine. All I wanted to do was get her out and return to slowly dying from the flu from hell in peace.

"House sent me" she offered by way of explaination.

I nodded and gestured for her to sit down, Even the brief motion set my head back to spinning.

"He needs a consult" she said, her tone sounding shrill to my overly sensitive ears.

I started to nod and my eyes began to dim as the itch in my nostrils intensified. I grabbed for a handkerchief, and turning as far away from her as I could manage, stifled two wet and miserable sounding sneezes into it.

"Salue" she offered matter of factly.

I generally would have offered an apology, but merely nodded again, too exausted to manage anything else. She didn't seem to respond.

I sighed, ran a hand down the length of my face and got down to buisness. "Alright. And the problem is?" I encouraged, struggling to keep my composure and wincing both at how rough and congested my voice sounded. It was amazing how the simple act of talking, even just for a moment felt like a Hurculean task.

Something changed the moment that she spoke the name of the patient. The patient in question had been a former patient of mine. Unbelievably brave, unwaveringly patient and was the type of person who, even at 10, inspires others by their simple act of Being.

As Cameron went over the details with me, I found strength returning to my legs and I started pacing back and forth, urging my congested, fever-addled mind to press on, to give me the answers that I was looking for. I was praying to whatever deity might exist that I could have House's mind for just a minute.

I was so consumed in trying to figure things out, that I had forgotten that Cameron was even in the room. That is, until I was pitched forward by a fit of harsh sneezes that bent me nearly in two. I tripped and nearly avoided knocking myself out on the coffee table, only to end up stumbling backwards, falling and hitting my head against the wall.

At least that's what I think occured. There were the sneezes, the tripping, falling and then.... a pair of brown eyes hovering over me.

"Doctor Wilson..."

I struggled to try to sit up, but somehow her tiny arms restrained me. Has she been working out?

"Just lay back." I did as asked, and I felt something cool lightly resting on my forehead. "You're burning up." she said with a note of incredulity in her voice.

I chuckled roughtly, "all part of the lovely flu of dehhh.." I broke off as the urge to sneeze intensified. "'cuse me... hehChuh...huhruShuh...EiShuh... Eichmpt... ugh.. sorry."

I held my head, trying to keep the spinning contained and blinking back tears of pain. The bump to the head made the act of tossing my head forward more painful than I had anticipated.

"You need to have some ibroprofen for the fever and your head. Let me..."

"No!" I cleared my throat and rubbed at it. That had come out much louder and more hoarsely than I had planned. I took a breath, then began again, more softly and under control, "No, thank you. I took some earlier. I have another hour left."

She looked at me with wide brown eyes, just blinking; mouth slightly parted. I had the urge to laugh but then I remembered why she was here. "Andie" I fought harder to get up and managed to sit up, but as I tried to pull myself up, the room spun faster and darkness started to descend.

"Dr. Wilson, House obviously made a mistake sending me here. You need to lay down."

I was exhausted, indignant, worried, and not sure how to read either the meaning in her words or the expression on her face.

She at least read the concern on my face, "We'll be fine." she said.

I shook my head, "I'm just not thinking of it. Just let me try." It ws humbling and a little bitter having to ask a fellow (and this one in particular) for more time in helping with a diagnosis, when I was supposed to be a department head.

She sighed softly and shook her chestnut hair, "I... I didn't realise..." she said slowly and then stopped.

"What?" I quarried, not entirely certainly that I wanted the answer.

"How dedicated you are to your patients."

"How... what... did you think..." I was left sputtering and gesticulating. I had no idea what on earth she could be implying.

She hesistantly reached out her hand and brushed her cool fingers along my brow, sweeping a few errant bangs back into place. She kept her gaze downward, and I couldn't read her eyes, but I noticed a faint trace of color in her cheeks.

"You are a good doctor and your patients are lucky to have someone that lets himself invest in them." The words came out slowly and softly, in a tone that I hadn't heard out of those lips in so long that I wasn't entirely certain that I hadn't imagined it.

"Will you...?" I started to ask.

She covered my lips with a finger and nodded. Then cleared her throat, and pronounced, "Here's the deal. I help you to the coach, get you some cammomile, and then you can dictate to me as much as you want, but... in an hour you've got to take the ibuprofen and you have got to rest. Not "take a break", not "relax your eyes", not "take it easy", Rest. Alright?"

I nodded slowly and as embarrassed as it made me, allowed her to help me up. As I stood up, I realised that I needed to sneeze again, and I needed some tissues. Mercifully, Cameron somehow read the look on my face and gently pressed a few into my slightly trembling hands. "Thank you." I managed shakily before launching into four spaced-out sets of doubles. When I had finished I gently blew my nose and apologised.

She helped me over to the couch and offered me the file while she made some tea. I sipped at it gently and this time Cameron gently prodded me to expand or question some of the points that I made. And then finally it clicked.

"That's it!"Cameron announced with a note of triumph, her eyes sparkling brilliantly at me. "I've got to get back and let House know."

I nodded; too tired to speak, it was as if having found the solution all the heavyness and miserableness had chosen to descend en masse.

She looked over at me, "Just a minute", and rummaged through her purse. She handed me some ibuprofen and said, "Come on... break the rules. Fifteen minutes is close enough." and gave me a little grin.

I decided that I must be hallucinating and quickly swallowed the offered pills.

She fluffed the pillow, her eyes scanning to see if I was comfortable. I snuggled into the blankets, turning to sneeze into my elbow twice before getting myself settled.

"Take care, Dr. Wilson." she said, tenderly, and somehow, even though it was from the resident atheist, it felt like a blessing.

I smiled and drifted off to sleep, secure in the knowledge that at last I could rest in peace.

You wrote the second part in first person...I just love that. There's something about him talking about his OWN misery that is just so fun to read in that. You should give yourself a pat on the back, that's really hard to pull off without making the character sound whiny but you did it beautifully! :laugh:

I can't wait to see who takes care of him next!

This is a great idea, making short stories of different characters taking care of the one character. May I steal it? Not to torture Wilson of course, I have my own certain someone to torture... :P

Just lovely, as usual.

I think you have Cameron down in this. And Wilson's reactions to her *sigh* Poor guy. Until the end, of course.

Now, hopefully he'll get lots of rest before the next person takes care of him.

Oh I'm so tired just now I can't think of anything intelligent to say except.....I love it! :)

Thanks.

thanks guys! ;):)

KK- you most Certainly can snag the idea- Cannot wait to see what you do to him... errr... the random character. :drool:

I'm sorry... this one is getting to be rather longer than I had anticipated so I'm going to break it up into 2 parts- I'm working on the second part now- not sure on when it'll be done-but...

Cuddy

"Be My Baby Tonight" (title may change...)

The day was as grey as she felt. It was just one of those days- woke up and stubbed her toe on the bed, then discovered that her cycle had started, which meant another failed attempt at motherhood. Next came the board meeting from hell where she'd had to pretend that lecherous old men were charming and witty, and defend her administrative choices, in particular House. She was getting so tired of having to have the same conversations over and over again; both with him and in regards to him. Sometimes she thought that she would save herself time if she simply recorded her responses and programmed them to spit them back out whenever the need arose.

By noon, she was desperately looking for a break. Her eyes perused the list of scheduled appointments for the department heads. I wonder who might be free. She knew that she was trying to fool herself into believing that she was just looking for any of the heads that were available to have a nice lunch with, and have a break. If she was honest with herself there really was only one name on the list that she was looking for. She smiled as she noted the open slot in his appointments.

She dialed the number, finding with surprise that as it rang her heart was pounding with nervous anticipation.

"Dr. Wilson," came the voice at the other end of the line. Maybe it was her imagination, but it sounded a little bit deeper than usual today. Kinds of sexy… wait where did that thought come from?

She quickly cleared her throat, “Dr. Wilson, this is Dr. Cuddy. I was wondering if you might be free next hour for lunch.”

She could almost hear the wheels turning in his head as he weighed his response. Trying not to feel too disappointed, she tried passing the event off as work related. "I was just thinking that with the meeting that we have the end of the month…" she trailed off, letting him factor that bit of information into his decision.

She thought that she heard something in the background. It was almost as if the phone had been moved away and there was a noise, but she figured between the buzzing of the machines in her office, and the day that she had been having that she was probably imagining it.

Wilson cleared his throat. "Sure… that would be fine. I do have a two o’clock though."

"All right, meet me over by my car in twenty minutes and I’ll find someplace nice."

She saw him standing by her car. He hadn’t seen her, so she observed him in silence as she walked closer. His hands were pushed into the pockets of his tan trench coat. His head was bent down slightly, and his hair was a bit tousled from the wind. He withdrew a handkerchief from out of a pocket, and scrubbed at his nose. Cuddy wore a puzzled frown at the gesture.

Stuffing the handkerchief back into his pocket, he turned and looked right at her. A slightly self-conscious smile lit up his features and he lifted a hand in greeting.

"Sorry." She offered, slightly breathless, "Things just got a bit crazier than I expected."

He shook his head, "It’s alright. Not a problem," and then cleared his throat, and they got into the car.

Was it her imagination or did Wilson look a little off today? She wondered if something had happened with a patient. She hadn’t heard anything. Then again, Wilson wasn’t the type to offer up any problems that he might be having. His personal life seemed to be as empty as hers was, so she was guessing that there weren’t any problems on the home front.

Evidently, she had been lost in her thoughts for a little bit and started when she heard him softly clear his throat. "Something wrong?" he asked, with a look of concern.

She shook her head.

"Long day?" he questioned, sympathetically.

She nodded and smiled a bit at that. "I’m sorry. I know that I’m probably going to make a lousy lunch companion."

At the puzzled look that immediately flitted across Wilson’s face, Cuddy bit her lip. Drat! She wasn’t supposed to say it like that.

As she began to part her lips to correct herself, Wilson put up a hand, as the expression on his face grew distant. He quickly turned to the side and smothered three wet sounding sneezes into his handkerchief.

"Bless you." Cuddy replied, as Wilson fumbled over an apology.

"I… I thought that this was supposed to be a business lunch." He absently rubbed at his neck, a gesture that he usually employed when frustrated, flustered or embarrassed. Secretly Cuddy thought that it was rather adorable.

"It… it is." She tried, but then was forced by the quirk of Wilson’s brow to amend, "Well… it could be. I just…" she wasn’t sure how to explain herself. She wasn't used to reaching out for anybody at all. After all, isn’t showing weakness how people, particularly women, end up getting used?

"Needed a friend?" he supplied easily.

She smiled at that. "I can order you something to go if you want. You really don’t have to stay."

He chuckled and shook his head, "And pass up lunch on someone else's dime?" He questioned.

"How does Thai sound?"

"Sounds great."

They arrived at the restaurant and Wilson helped Cuddy with her coat and then pulled out her chair. She found herself starting to blush a little at the gestures.

Wilson excused himself and returned a few minutes later. Cuddy wasn't certain but something still seemed off.

As they waited and talked about hospital business, Cuddy noticed that every so often Wilson seemed to be rubbing at his nose.

They ordered. Wilson seemed rather adamantly against the notion of sharing two different entrees. Lisa was a bit disappointed. That was one of her favorite things to do when she went to eat with someone with similar tastes. It was the best way to get to try different things. Still… she supposed that having half of one’s meal confiscated on a semi-regular basis might lead one to be a bit more possessive.

They sat in silence for a little while; Wilson looked like he was thinking something over. Finally, she decided to break the silence. "So are you all prepared for the speech that you are giving at the benefit at the end of the month?" she questioned.

He looked up, and cleared his throat, "Ummm… yes. At least… I think that I am." He added with a bit of a self-deprecating grin, running a hand through his hair.

"If you need someone to run it past…," she offered.

He sat forward, a disbelieving, yet eager expression on his face. "You… you’d do that?"

She nodded, smiling and biting lightly on her bottom lip.

"You’re sure that it wouldn’t be a prahhh…" he paused for a split second, hand fumbling for a handkerchief before tossing his chestnut head forward and stifling a set of harsh sneezes "HehChMpt… EiShumpt… heeh… ehhh… exchmpt… chmpt… pardon…. Problem?"

"Bless. No. Anytime." She said slowly.

Wilson meanwhile turned his head as far to the side as he could manage and softly blew his nose.

"Are you feeling alright?" she asked softly, reaching out to touch him lightly on the forearm.

He flushed and nodded, "I’m… I’m fine."

Cuddy raised one perfectly manicured brow. She wasn’t convinced.

He tried to blow it off. "You’ve obviously been spending too much time around House. Not everything is a conspiracy. Not everyone is out to play you," he quipped lightly.

Thankfully, their lunches arrived just then to spare him from further embarrassment.

As they ate and talked, Cuddy noticed more things that fit a pattern. Wilson put on a decent show of eating, but he mostly pushed things around, and there was a rough, slightly congested quality to his voice. He was drinking a lot of water, but seemed to be sipping it gingerly. Combined with the pinkened nostrils and everything else, it definitely added up to having caught the latest cold that was going around.

Cuddy was determined to figure out a way to take care of Wilson. If anyone deserves a bit of babying it is James Wilson. She suddenly felt energized for the first time that day. She was a woman on a mission.

The meal progressed without incident. There were a couple of fiercely suppressed fits. Cuddy bit her tongue and forced herself to offer only a neutral "Bless" each time. This caused a look of puzzled mistrust to appear in Wilson’s brown eyes. He seemed to settle down a bit at the continued lack of response.

When he excused himself, Cuddy worked her Blackberry and cleared them both for the afternoon. Executive privilege. Any work that she needed to get done could be done via Blackberry or laptop, and really tending to James was a much more appealing prospect than either the day that she had been having, or the rest of her day as it had been scheduled.

Mmmmm...I'm loving this.

Cuddy needs to smother Wilson with TLC (and yes, Wilson, dear, you need to Let her...c'mon, it's no trouble for her and it's really more for her to feel useful and motherly, so you're doing her a favor. :drool:)

And of course it is logical for her to assume that Wilson doesn't want to share food because he's tired of having it stolen rather than the contagin factor, although I'm sure now that she's figured it out, she sees that that's the reason.

And I can just see her making a recording of everything she says at least weekly to House. Give her a break.

I can't wait to see what's in store for him next. Oh, and her cancelling appointments/rescheduling them/assigning them to other doctors...how cute is that. And of course it is executive privelage.

Now if she could just convince WIlson that stifling his sneezes is only going to make him sneeze more....Oh, wait, that's not necessarily a bad thing. ;)

Cuddy was determined to figure out a way to take care of Wilson. If anyone deserves a bit of babying it is James Wilson. She suddenly felt energized for the first time that day. She was a woman on a mission.

*Squeeeeeeee*

A woman on a mission. :wallbash:

This is wonderful as usual tma! :yes:

And we get an extra part. Too long???? Not possible! :frust:

I am really loving this. I love how you have given each part it's own tone, and I can really see the distinct characterisations and how you've made each scenario fit to the character that's in it.

And I know it would make more sense to quote a cute, sneezy bit as my favourite bit but THIS line:

The day was as grey as she felt.

is SUCH a fabulous opening line. It's so visual and emotive at the same time and really grabs you from the very, very start.

:wallbash:

And part b ) the end of Cuddy taking care of Wilson

He came out of the bathroom cheeks and nostrils appearing a bit flushed. She offered no comment, only smiled politely. As Wilson sat down, he brought his hand up to the breast pocket of his suitcoat. When she saw him start to pull out his brown leather wallet, she shook her head. "Taken care of. Everything's been taken care of."

He gave an incline of his head and thanked her. "Quite efficient, aren't you?" he asked with a teasing note to his voice.

"I do what I can." she answered smoothly. "We should be leaving, though." It was with a note of satisfaction that she observed the hint of disappointment on her companion's face when she made that announcement.

He helped her into her coat and they walked out to her car. She had to supress a giggle as Wilson picked up his pace as they reached the car to try and open her door for her. It was a very sweet, though of course throughly unnecessary gesture especially as she was driving- but she let him make it all the same.

In the car Wilson tried and failed to suppress a yawn.

"Afternoon slump?"

His hand reflexively moved up to rub at his neck and he nodded. "Little bit." then sniffed.

"Just close your eyes."

He gave her a look, and she laughed lightly. "I promise that I'll make sure that you are awake when we get there."

He nodded, closed his eyes and lay his head back. Soon it was slumped over in what looked like a horridly uncomfortable position. Well we'll get there soon enough. she thought.

When the car came to a stop, Wilson opened his eyes with a start. Lisa's house... but.."What are we doing here?" he questioned in his no-nonsense oncologist voice- the same one that he generally reserved for House interrogations.

Lisa's eyes dropped down momentarily, but she quickly recovered. After all she was in charge. "We're just swinging by my place for a couple of minutes. There are a few things that I need to grab."

He sighed. "Al...Alright." He had the feeling that she wasn't being entirely truthful, but in all honesty he was too tierd to try to sort out truth and fiction at this point. Too tierd and too foggy. His head felt stuffed with cotton. He scrubbed at his nose. Itchy cotton. He craned his neck to see if the coast was momentarily clear. Yes.

Wilson grabbed for some tissues that sat on an end table by the sofa. He brought them up slowly, his nostrils twitching with anticipation. Two shakey inhales later and his head tipped back and he delivered a forceful quartet of sneezes into them. They were louder and wetter than he'd anticipated, and he felt his face grow warm as he prepared for a comment from the owner of the house. When none was forthcoming, he sighed, blew his nose, and ended up sneezing twice more in the same throaty, forceful way. It felt good not to have to squelch them.

When she came out, he noted that she had removed her blazer and was carrying a cup of tea.

"Lee.." he cleared his throat. "Dr. Cuddy, really. As lovely as the gesture is... I do have patients this afternoon."

"Actually." she commented while attempting to feel his forehead, "You don't."

He stood gaping. Fortunately for Cuddy, it enabled her to raise the back of her hand to his forehead. She tried to ignore the vein starting to protrude on the side of his neck.

"You...no you wouldn't... you didn't... you...how.." he fumbled and as he apparently was at a loss for words, started gesticulating, to try to make his point.

She calmly nodded. "I'm the Dean. If an employee- especially a valued department head- can't figure out when he needs to take it easy, then I need to lay down the law." she said putting her hands on her hips.

"But.." he started and ended up turning swiftly on his heel to sneeze into his elbow. He tried to stifle them, but it wasn't happening, and he lauched into a fit that tossed him back and forth, making his eyes water.

As he was sneezing, Cuddy softly pressed a small pile of tissues into his hands, he nodded his appreciation.

After the fit, as he apologised, Cuddy sighed, "Bless you. James... come on. You're congested, sneezing, pale, and I'm quite sure even without a thermometer that you're running a temp. Would it be that difficult to lay down?" she said the last while slightly batting her long, dark lashes at him.

Amazingly that actually drew a begruding little grin from him. And as he studied his shoes intently while massaging his neck he managed, "If you don't mind."

She gave him a look that suggested that if he was going to protest further that she might get physical. Although... that might not be such a bad thing.

He raised up his hands and meekly sat down. "Is this alright?"

She nodded and gave him a brilliant smile, passing him the mug of tea.

As he sipped at it the congestion looseed and he began to sniff. Then he got a blank look and went to put down the mug. Cuddy grabbed in before it spilled. While he sneezed, she went to get him a decongestant and some ibuprofen, and gave it to him. He swallowed them down with the tea.

She reached over to him. He flushed with embarrassment and drew back. she gave him another hard look. He stayed still while she loosened and discarded his tie and undid the first couple of buttons on his shirt. She put in a movie and lay a blanket over them both; though mostly on him.

Wilson's eyelids slowly started to droop. Once his head fell onto her shoulder and he came to morified and determined to try to sit straight.

But she gently laughed. Then she bit her lip- nervous at what she was going to suggest- but deciding to brave it. She patted her lap. His face flamed.

"Come on. Nobody will know. Let me baby you" she purred softly, "Just a little." she added, afraid that she'd frighten him.

He looked at her thoughtfully, and then finally lay his head down where she'd suggested.

When she had thought that he had fallen asleep she did what she'd been wanting to do... actually since she saw him standing by the car. She ran her fingers through his hair lightly and tenderly. Then she leaned in ever so gently and kissed his still slightly warm forehead.

He stirred and she kept still. Then she thought that he had settled down, she heard him murmur, "You'll be a great mother some day." then he snuggled under the blanket and the gentle snores began.

She chuckled softly, and wiped at her eyes. That was the best thing that anyone had said to her in a long time. Definately worth clearly a couple of schedules for.

Next up... Chase.

He sighed. "Al...Alright." He had the feeling that she wasn't being entirely truthful, but in all honesty he was too tierd to try to sort out truth and fiction at this point. Too tierd and too foggy. His head felt stuffed with cotton. He scrubbed at his nose. Itchy cotton. He craned his neck to see if the coast was momentarily clear. Yes.

Wilson grabbed for some tissues that sat on an end table by the sofa. He brought them up slowly, his nostrils twitching with anticipation. Two shakey inhales later and his head tipped back and he delivered a forceful quartet of sneezes into them. They were louder and wetter than he'd anticipated and he felt his face grow warm as he prepared for a comment from the owner of the house. When none was forthcoming, he sighed, blew his nose, and ended up sneezing twice more in the same throaty, forceful way. It felt good not to have to squelch them.

:shifty: I can just see him checking to see if anyone was around to hear him sneeze, and still being embarrassed by it. And yes, Wilson, it feels better if you don't supress them all the time.

"You...no you wouldn't... you didn't... you...how.." he fumbled and as he apparently was at a loss for words, started gesticulating, to try to make his point.

She calmly nodded. "I'm the Dean. If an employee- especially a valued department head can't figure out when he needs to take it easy I need to lay down the law." she said putting her hands on her hips.

"But.." he started and ended up turning swiftly on his heel to sneeze into his elbow. He tried to stifle them, but it wasn't happening, and he lauched into a fit that tossed him back and forth, making his eyes water.

As he was sneezing, Cuddy softly pressed a small pile of tissues into his hands, he nodded his appreciation.

After the fit, as he apologised, Cuddy sighed, "Bless you. James... come on. You're congested, sneezing, pale, and I'm quite sure even without a thermometer that you're running a temp. Would it be that difficult to lay down?" she said the last while slightly batting her long, dark lashes at him.

I love take Charge Cuddy. And even slightly flirting with him? :whistle:

She gave him a look that suggested that if he was going to protest further that she might get physical. Although... that might not be such a bad thing.

Absolute favorite line. Settle down boy, you're sick. Yes, I love the idea of Wilson/Cuddy.

Wilson's eyelids slowly started to droop. Once his head fell onto her shoulder and he came to morified and determined to try to sit straight.

But she gently laughed. Then she bit her lip- nervous at what she was going to suggest- but deciding to brave it. She patted her lap. His face flamed.

"Come on. No body will know. Let me baby you" she purred softly "Just a little." she added, afraid that she'd frighten him.

He looked at her thoughtfully and then finally lay his head down where she'd suggested.

When she had thought that he had fallen asleep she did what she'd been wanting to do... actually since she saw him standing by the car. She ran her fingers through his hair lightly and tenderly. Then she leaned in ever so gently and kissed his still slightly warm forehead.

He stirred and she kept still. Then she thought that he had settled down, she heard him murmur, "You'll be a great mother some day." then he snuggled under the blanket and the gentle snores began.

She chuckled softly, and wiped at her eyes. That was the best thing that anyone had said to her in a long time. Definately worth clearly a couple of schedules for.

The end....OMG...total puddle of goo here. :drool::blushing: :blushing: I can just see him blushing and just....gahhh....lack of coherency here.

And that was the perfect thing for him to say to her. Just awww. I loved it.

Guh, this is so GUH!!! :wub:

I absolutely love seeing Wilson all miserable :twisted: with, of course, everyone pitching in to help. :innocent:

And CHASE is next! OMFG! I love you! :D

Oooh, I loved the rest of the Cuddy bit. I like how you write her as a sympathetic character without making her go OOC at all...I never thought much of her in the show but I like her in your stories because you are really good at writing her into tender scenes while still showing that she's still perfectly in character by showing her internal thoughts, doubts and "Should I? Can I?" moments.

This little series in particular shows what a great writer you are because you do SUCH a good job of capturing each character's "voice". Each little chapter is on the same theme, but each one is a completely different read. I think that's not always an easy thing to pull off and you SO did.

But I cannot quote my favourite scene because it would ruin the surprise... :laugh:

Guest No More Lies

How perfectly Wilson all of this was! Ugh, I love him so much. Oh Jimmy, you tempt me with your floofy hair and neatly pressed shirts. Not to mention his push-overyness. It's unexpectedly endearing. And I'm very excited for the Chase chapter. Love the Wombat. I just love this overall.

Archived