Sneeze Fetish Forum

Untitled, F (surprise surprise?)

army-girl

So ... I've been known to draw (despite the lack of ANY evidence presented from anytime during the last century) and I've been on this visual-graphic-roll (mostly with the designer fever that I've seem to have contracted) and I found myself spending the last 2 days working on this:

ftzatbdtma.jpg

Now... before you say anything, this is my first time drawing anyone/thing sneeze and it's also my first time inking in photoshop (up till now I've dodged vector graphix like the plague, but I think I'm really getting the hang of this pen tool business) so the lines are probably kinda rough or harsh looking I guess ...

Anyway I've also been known to suck with humans in drawings (unless it's staring straight forward and not giving out any signs of life... suppose I could be drawing stiffs? :)), so I did a lot of learning and observing on "how to draw manga" sites and what not before approaching this and took up a lot of stuff in my early sketches of it till I got something I was relatively happy with (this is said mostly to make sure you understand that NO I'm NOT GOOD :P). Oh yeah, and you know what? ZOMG! hair is a biatch (always knew that, now I just know it BETTER :blushing: ) the hair makes so very little sense >.< 'specially the pony tail *sigh* ... I'll probably change it a 100 more times till it complies to the laws of physics (or at least anime-physics). I imagine I'll be colouring it sometimes soon too ... I'll keep you posted.

OH! and if anyone's got input or feedback it'll be really welcome and appreciated - if you have an opinion, please express it very specifically so I can seriously consider implementing changes/fixes/modifications, I wanna make it work better (especially the frigging HAIR :P ).

Awwwww :blushing: its super super super adorable!! the nose is really cute and the facial expression too! Plus I love the hair :) I really like it! thanks for sharing

If THAT is your first time drawing something sneezy...I may just have to hate you. :blushing: Seriously, the facial expression is AMAZING! Want to know how much I like that? I almost never comment on F stuff, but that just made me go "whoa" when I looked at it! The eyes and the mouth look great and I love how the hair has a sense of movement to it.

Damn, we have so many amazing artists here...there must be something in the water!

Hmm, you're going to colour it, you say? Can't wait!

I don't have any experience with vectors but I must say I also love the lines and how their thickness varies. Makes it look really professional. :yay: And I think you did the expression really well.

If THAT is your first time drawing something sneezy...I may just have to hate you. :innocent: Seriously, the facial expression is AMAZING! Want to know how much I like that? I almost never comment on F stuff, but that just made me go "whoa" when I looked at it! The eyes and the mouth look great and I love how the hair has a sense of movement to it.

Damn, we have so many amazing artists here...there must be something in the water!

Hmm, you're going to colour it, you say? Can't wait!

Awwww :lol: I'm so moved by that comment :hug: you're too kind :laugh: made my day (2 days in a row :innocent: ) :hug:

You managed that with Vector? ZOMG You rock :yay:

Vectors is probably the only way I could've done it and get that result, ever since I started using the pen tool it's been impossible to stop me from practicing it (3 whole days now), I've inked before in many-a-stupid ways, but nothing is quite as effective and smooth (and then later on useful for scaling) than vectors, I embrace! (FYI, it's made of about 96 different shapes, most of which have 4 anchor points if that means anything to anyone ... ).

I don't have any experience with vectors but I must say I also love the lines and how their thickness varies. Makes it look really professional. :laugh: And I think you did the expression really well.

I think my next step is further improving on the line dynamics, I've been reading about using a path and stroking it with different settings but so far I didn't get results I was happy with, so this is all full-shape filled .... but I'll give it a better effort soon :twisted:

As for the rest of you lot, gosh-darnit, I really appreciate the positive feedback, I'm totally motivated to ink stuff, I even picked up a drawing (Subaru from .Hack//SIGH which I started aaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago and gave up on ... )and retraced all the inking on my source image just for the sport of it and it came out really spiffy, though errr, it IS just glorified-computer-tracing :lol: I'm not sure what sneezy thing I'll do next and when I'll do it but errr, it could happen :lol: you guys will be mmm probably not be the first to know (since I have a friend I exchange art with for input and we give each other pointers during the process) but you'll definitely be high on the to-show list :lol: (even more so since I don't need to explain to you why she's sneezing :lol:

Holy crap, Army-Girl! I never knew you were an artist! I love it when people surprise me like that. :huh: You're pretty damn good! We'll be seeing more of your work in the future? :blink:

Girl you have been holding out on us :hug:

That picture is great! :blink: I love the expression, exspecialy around the eye's which I have always found to be the most difficult and important part of a sneeze drawing :yuck: .

Way to go! Your so VERY talented ;)

Girl you have been holding out on us :laugh:

Just imagine what else you don't know :P:hug: thanks for the kind words!

Gah, that's so cute!! :laugh::blush::lol: Seriously, I love the scrunched-up face and the cute, bobbing hair! WONDERFUL job and I hope you'll post more!

It's funny you should mention, because I've been thinking of that image in retrospect and kept going back and forward with the expression in my head (kind of animating it) and one of the things that really came to mind was this really adorable pre-sneeze scrunched up expression that I'm thinking of drawing sometimes soon I hope.

- - -

General note, I started colouring it a couple of days ago using my normal methods of burn/dodge tool and then I realized it's total rubbish because it's clashing with the style of the image, but today I ran into this tutorial about colouring that I actually *understood* and liked, so now I'm learning to cel shade! yeay! YEAY! WOOO! :lol: I'm excited about this, hopefully I'll have results to post soon (though I'm working on something else right now so I'm not sure how I'll divide my time).

Archived