Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Sneeze blamed in fatal crash"

Guest nosey

Yup. Page 1 teaser to inside story ...

"Driver (26, male) claims sneeze caused head-on crash that killed 76-year-old man."

Yeah, thank god I wasn't in the newsroom last night. I would not want to have been caught up in the conversation I'm sure that generated!!!!!

Earlier this year, we had the situation of the has-been game show hostess who was in a car accident because she had a sneezing fit and lost control of the car.

The matter went to court. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall there while it was all explained in the greatest of detail that the processes of law require. :rolleyes::drool:

When I was a senior in college I was in a car accident. I got rear-ended while sitting at a stop light because some fucking freshman came sailing over the hill and couldn't stop in time. He hit the woman behind me, and then she hit me. I managed to stop my car short of rolling over a cliff, and I got out to see if everyone was ok. The idiot freshman claimed he sneezed as he was coming over the hill, and that's why he wasn't prepared to stop. However, in his car I saw a cell phone flipped open, and it was laying in the floor board. I can't help suspecting that had more to do with it. :byewave:

I suppose it doesn't seem as irresponsible to cause an accident because you sneezed rather than because you were flapping your jaw on the phone. I don't know, it sounds like a scapegoat to me. Maybe I'm biased because I'm still bitter about my own allegedly sneeze related car accident.

How crazy...I think VFP may be onto something, it does sound like a scapegoat reason. I don't know how many times I have sneezed while I was driving but I do it on a fairly regular basis and have done it in everything from stop and go traffic to the motorway. And nothing bad has ever come CLOSE to happening. I mean, sneezing just takes like a second...

Still...er, sad for the guy that died though. I don't want to be facetious enough to overshadow that.

Archived