Sneeze Fetish Forum

Hot or Not?

Liberty Belle

Hot or Not  

43 members have voted

1. 1. In terms of fiction, which of these elements still ring true, and which are too stereotypical (or weird) to have much merit

• One character putting a finger under their own nose
    • One Character putting a finger under sneezer's nose
    • Character "talking up" an approaching sneeze
    • Twitching nostrils or noses
    • One character sneezing ON another
    • One character blowing the other's nose
    • "Productive" (ie, messy) sneezes
    • Sneezing from pepper
    • Sneezing from something purposely inserted in the nose
    • Sneezing from something inadvertantly inhaled into the nose
    • Character purposely making themselves sneeze
    • Sneezes strong enough to blow or scatter things
    • Build-ups that are articulated in some way (ie, "Ahh... ahh...")
    • One character holding a handkerchief in place for sneezer

Which of the above options are still "hot"?

I know I only write male-sneezing fiction, but I tried to make these as universally applicable as possible. I'm just trying to see where the very "traditional" elements of sneezing still fit in. I know there are probably some that are tired, and others that "never get old." The first time my husband put a finger under his nose and sneezed, for instance....... well, let me just reiterate, "it never gets old."

Are there any either very traditional elements you like to read about -- or, conversely -- what completely off-the-wall thing would you like to see in a story, that you don't see very often, or have never seen at all?

Sorry, I'm overly literal. :winkkiss: Are we voting on which elements still ring true, or which are too stereotypical? It can't be both, or the poll wouldn't make any sense!

Sorry, I'm overly literal. :winkkiss: Are we voting on which elements still ring true, or which are too stereotypical? It can't be both, or the poll wouldn't make any sense!

Which ones are still juicy and good. ;> If it lets me, I'll go back and clarify that.

Let's see... For me, both FUN (finger under nose) situations, talking about an upcoming sneeze, pepper induced, induced accidentally from the inhalation of, oh, let's say dust for example, and exaggerated buildups. I find all of them to be very sexiful. I always try to put a few of them into the stories that I write.

Which ones are still juicy and good. ;> If it lets me, I'll go back and clarify that.

Ah, ok. I thought so, but I didn't want to be stupid and vote for all the wrong stuff (I did that recently). That being said, I voted for finger under the nose, and talking through the build up, and articulated build up. Love it in real life, love it in fiction too!

Some of my choices came as a surprise to ME. Character holding a handkerchief in place, for example. Could be because I JUST got finished writing a scene like that, but it's not something I would have immediately thought of before as one of my "likes". Guess I just learned something about myself.

Anyway, I don't know how relevant my answers are because they're probably opposite to everyone else's. But I found it more easier to rule out the ones that really don't work for me and then pick my favourites from the rest.

I'm weird because "finger under the nose" situations don't always work for me, possibly because nobody actually does it in real life and it just reminds me of old fashioned mickey mouse cartoons or something. Ditto for sneezing with pepper. It's a total cartoon cliche but how often does that actually happen in real life?

And for some bizarre reason, I always skim over descriptions of what nostrils are doing before a sneeze. Description of the whole face, the whole body, or a mention of the nose yes. But too much "his nostrils flared wildly and then they twitched and then started to run and he rubbed his nose and it started glowing bright red" and I lose my focus.

Hmm...yeah, when noses in stories magically become red from someone needing to sneeze. THAT never happens in real life either does it. But that's a question nobody asked, so I'll save that particular pile of complaining for another day. :laugh:

There you go. My (completely useless) opinion.

I wanted all of the above, too! Sorry, um, I picked the character making themsleves sneeze, because lately, for some reason, I'm really into that. My second choice would have been the character inadvertently inhaling something.

I wanted all of the above, too! Sorry, um, I picked the character making themsleves sneeze, because lately, for some reason, I'm really into that. My second choice would have been the character inadvertently inhaling something.

I don't know if I should point this out since everyone who said so already voted but maybe it will help those who have yet to vote on it...

This is one of those ones where you can pick multiple answers. I myself picked four, but I think you can go ahead and pick all of them if you felt so inclined! :laugh:

The quoting function seems to work differently here than on other forums, so I'll just skip that...but yeah, KawaiiKitty, I agree with you completely. A lack of realism will completely throw me out of anything, no matter what the subject, and that includes sneezing. I've never seen anyone do the finger-under-the-nose thing, so that just strikes me as unrealistic and pointless.

Never seen anyone do the finger under the nose thing? WHAT?!?! :D I do that like.... really often! Is it like... out of fashion in some parts of the world?!?! I've seen it a lot too!

Yeah, I've seen people put their finger under their nose many times too. Not so often to stop a sneeze from coming (as we often see in old cartoons and such) but to rub a tickle away, or directly after a sneeze. And it never gets old. That is still one of the hottest gestures in the world to me. :D

I wanted to go for all the options too; but left a few out to make it look better. I didn't realise that we read stories for their rigorous realism.

And let me celebrate KK's birthdayby agrreing that her view is probably the opposite of other people's. All these things do happen; pepper-sneezing, FUN, etc. I think we have one member at least whose nose goes red pre-sneeze; I have seen a nose turn red before someone cries, so there must be a mechanism of some kind; it's a good point.

Of those mentioned, sneezes blowing stuff around is much neglected, perjaps cos it is thought to be exaggerated, but films exist where eg papers fly up when sneezed on, so it seems an obvious possibility which is sldom mentioned; in fact what about the fact that a hankie held in sneeze-carchng position blows around when sneezed vaguely at? Never mentioned, but really good!

And I like nostril twitching etc.

Regarding the whole "finger under the nose" thing, I think part of it is how you define it. I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone put their outstreched finger directly under their nose to prevent a sneeze, the way you see in cartoons, etc., but I have seen many variations of the pose. The side of the finger placed at an angle to help stifle a sneeze, an outstreched finger (or all four outstreched fingers, usually at the knuckle, I've seen both) rubbed once up the front of the nose (as opposed to across) to try and rub away a threatening tickle, a knuckle to the side of the nose in a last-ditch effort to stop a sneeze...and that's only the ones that are variations on the original theme. If you stray from the original purpose of preventing a sneeze, you have even more possibilities: rubbing an outstreched finger under the nose post-sneeze, prolonged rubbing with fingers or knuckles against the nose to dispel a lingering tickle, a single curled finger under the nose to direct a sneeze downwards...there are SO MANY possibilites! (And yup, I realize that some of these were mentioned by other people, but I wanted to keep my train of thought; sorry for not crediting all of you.)

Abyssinia,

Barrie, considering trying a few of these out on a particular character she's been working over with lately... :twisted:

I didn't realise that we read stories for their rigorous realism.

Well... not all of us read stories for the same thing. ;) For me personally- it is ALL about the realism. Yes, I can suspend belief. But for me if I'm reading a fetish story and it actually seems like something that (in *my* mind could happen) then it makes things more enjoyable for me.

I am Extremely uncomfortable with aspects of the fetish that seem Really exaggerated, or "cartoonish". Some people really like that... and that is fine.

I LOVE interrupted speech. Especially when it is written out so that you can tell that they are losing it. Obviously not Overdone, but... LOVE it!!

Nostrils twitch... *Yuppers*

Somethings it depends on how well I feel that the author does it. There are things that in general I either don't care about one way or another or I usually don't like- but under the right circumstancess.... :twisted::P Like induced sneezing... if I feel like the person is making a good "case" for it, and/or they just write it really well then YUM. Otherwise... not so much.

heres my answers. i like the finger under the nose and the nose twitching, too. :laugh: dust and pepper and feathers and flowers are always pretty awsome, too! i don't have a problem with cartoonish sneezes, and warning or talking about a sneeze coming up is nice.

One character putting a finger under their own nose

One Character putting a finger under sneezer's nose

Character "talking up" an approaching sneeze

Twitching nostrils or noses

Sneezing from pepper

Sneezing from something purposely inserted in the nose

Sneezing from something inadvertantly inhaled into the nose

Character purposely making themselves sneeze

Sneezes strong enough to blow or scatter things

Build-ups that are articulated in some way (ie, "Ahh... ahh...")

^.^= kind of took me a while to get on with voting, but boy it makes ya think, I mean, I know there's some stuff I used to really like, but now I look for other things and well I suppose the whole thing comes and goes in waves :lol:

Anyway I suppose I did my patriotic duty :lol: by voting anyway, if not by sneezing :D I wonder what the results would look like after a lot more voters though :lol:

I'll admit, I've been surprised by the various responses :>

Personally, I chose:

One character putting a finger under their own nose

One character putting a finger under sneezer's nose

Character "talking up" an approaching sneeze (I find this more appealing IRL than in a story, but when used in moderation it's pretty hot. 8> )

Twitching nostrils or noses (nostrils cannot be described enough :wheels: )

One character blowing the other's nose

"Productive" (ie, messy) sneezes (much moreso in fiction than IRL, but only when it's TACTFUL)

Sneezing from something inadvertantly inhaled into the nose

Character purposely making themselves sneeze (see below, also)

Sneezing from something purposely inserted in the nose (I'm disappointed at what low numbers that pulled. I don't know why, but this has always struck me as incredibly sexy: either a character inserting something in their own nose to bring on a sneeze, or someone else doing the same to them. Not so much the standard things, like tissues, but a long blade of grass or wheat. I've always wanted to incorporate it into a story.)

Build-ups that are articulated in some way (ie, "Ahh... ahh...") (I like this much better IRL, but it's nice when it's done well in a story. I'm picky, though -- it's something that's very easy to do poorly. :> )

One character holding a handkerchief in place for sneezer (I think this is sweet. :>)

Archived