Sneeze Fetish Forum

Day Off of Sorts

aggedy_ann

Title: Day off Of Sorts

Fandom: House MD

Pairing...if you squint, you could possibly make out House/Wilson in the distance

Summary: Wilson gets the flu. Written for Wilson_fest

500 word min

Wilsonfest #189

189. Wilson gets the flu.

Wilson groaned as he heard House come out of the bedroom. He buried his face further in the pillows and couch cushions as he felt House turn on the light. “Shouldn’t you be getting up?” He heard House’s rough voice demand.

“Called in.” He muttered, turning to look at House and putting up his hand to shield his eyes from the light, ignoring the wave of nausea that swept through his body in protest to the movement.

“Migraine?”

“I wish.” Wilson muttered. “Then I could take my Imitrex, and it’d be gone. But unless there’s a new type of migraine that comes with fever, body aches, coughing, congestion and sneezing, it’s the flu. I woke up at 4:30 and took some Nyquil, grabbed the tissues from the bathroom and called and left messages with the oncology secretary and Cuddy. You’re on your own today. Ehhshmmmpt, hehhtschhmpt…uhhchummpt, hetschht.” He turned back to the pillows, pausing to stifle a few powerful sneezes into his elbow and the pillow.

House nodded. “Alright. Just let me get breakfast, and I’ll be out of your hair. You want anything?”

Wilson felt his stomach protesting the thought of food. He reached under his pillow for his wallet and handed House a 10 dollar bill. “Here, buy breakfast. Just don’t cook anything here.” He pleaded.

House took the money. “Works for me. Go back to sleep.”

Wilson was already halfway there. He was briefly aware of House moving around the apartment, but the exhaustion from the flu and the effects of the Nyquil quickly took over, rendering him unconscious. He didn’t even hear when House left the apartment.

Wilson woke up several hours later with an irritating tickle in his nose. He reached out his hand to where he had left the tissue box to grab a few and felt his hand come in contact with something different, knocking it over. He managed to locate the tissues and bring them to his nose in time to catch a harsh fit that left him dizzy and breathless at the end. He slid his glasses on to see what he had knocked on the floor and was surprised to see the coffee table looked a lot different than he had left it.

There were a couple bottles of water sitting there, including the one he had knocked on the floor, another box of tissues, the thermometer, and another box of tissues. Someone, obviously House unless Wilson had suddenly started sleepwalking, had placed a second garbage can next to the bed. There were also a few extra garbage bags on the table. “Just in case.” Read the note on top of them. He also saw a box of cold and flu medicine and a bottle of ibuprofen sitting there with a sticky note reading “take me” on top of them. Looking around, he noticed that there was also an extra blanket draped over the end of the couch.

He chuckled hoarsely. House apparently could tell how awful he was feeling. He slowly sat up, ignoring the dizziness and sudden pain in his head and joints as his body protested the movement. He reached out and took two of the cold and flu pills and two of the ibuprofen. He was about to swallow them when he realized that he should get his temperature first. He slipped the thermometer in and waited for it to beep. 101.4°. Definitely the flu, he groaned to himself, swallowing the pills and trying to ignore the pain in his throat.

He picked up the remote and briefly contemplated turning on the TV, but the throbbing in his head convinced him that that probably wasn’t the best idea. He slumped back against the pillows, throwing the extra blanket over him and eventually burrowed in.

He was still somewhat asleep when House came home. Upon hearing his roommate attempt to be quiet, he slowly sat up. “Hey.” He whispered hoarsely.

“Feeling any better?”

He shook his head as House held out the thermometer. “Just a second.” He managed. “Huhhrishh, ehhhrishhh…rihhhshuhh, uhhchirshhh…hihhchuhh, uhhhrishhh…huhhhshehhhh, ahhhsheshhh.” After blowing his nose, he took the thermometer from House. “101.2.°” He reported dutifully. “It’s down.” He added, knowing House would ask that next.

“Eaten anything today?”

“Just some of the crackers you left out for me.”

“I brought some soup. Think you can handle that?”

He nodded. “Maybe just a little. I should eat.”

House helped him slowly sit up, placing a container of deli soup in front of him. “You know, if you plan on going back to sleep after this, we’re going to have to figure something out with the sleeping arrangements. There’s a fight on tonight.”

“I want sleep.” Wilson pointed out. “And you watching a fight is not going to get me any.”

House looked at him and sighed. “Eat your soup. Then go sleep in my bed. I’ll wake you later.” He paused as Wilson sneezed. “Take medicine lately?”

“Around 11. What time is it?”

House handed him the pills and a bottle of water. “Time for more.”

He watched as Wilson took the pills and at about a quarter of the soup. “That’s all I can handle for now. Although…” he looked at House hopefully. “Some tea would be nice.”

House sighed. “Go lie down. I’ll you a cup of tea in a minute.”

Wilson dragged his weary body to the bedroom and collapsed on House’s bed. A few minutes later, House entered with a cup of tea. He positioned the pillows around Wilson and draped the comforter over him. “Go back to sleep. I told Cuddy you were pretty sick and wouldn’t be in tomorrow. She said it was fine.”

“Uhhhruschhh, ruhhhschhh…hitschhhirshhh, ehhhchhhushhh.” Wilson nodded, sneezing again.

“Bless. I’ll wake you when I’m ready for bed. Feel better, Wilson.”

Wilson nodded carefully, blowing his nose. After he finished his tea, he slumped against the pillows and quickly fell back to sleep.

Man...poor Wilson. He just doesn't get a break, does he?

This was a very cute little drabble. Amazing how you can get so much into just a little bit of words! I liked the bit about the note that said "take me" on the medicines, that made me laugh.

Thanks guys.

And KK - nope btween tma and I, that boy will Never get a break. Except for the brief intervals where Chase is being tortured. But Chase likes to have Wilson suffer with him. And Wilson is Very good at coming up with ideas to torture Chase....I guess he learns from his own experience.

WOW! I loved it as usual! With Wilson/Chase/House you can do no wrong. :lol: And I also love when House takes care of poor Wilson! ;) (Now we know: he "loves" Wilson ;) )

I'd really like to see a fic btw, where House has to take care of Chase somehow without Wilson's help. (This is rather strange, I know. It just crossed my mind as I was reading through the comments. :bleh: ) I hope I gave you a new idea because I'm a fan of your stories whichever of the three you torture :lol:;)

Thanks for this one! :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I remember reading this a while back, and should have replied then, but failed somehow. This is one of my fave House fics (mostly because I love reading Wilson-torture), but also because having House actually be vaguely nice to Wilson is so cute!

I love this....I am such a fan of Wilson...My next fic is about him...I just can't get enough of him. :) I have yet to find a man like him but I'm determined! :drool:

You write him very well and writing caring House is hard but its done really well. House and Wilson are the best double act since Holmes and Watson ;)

This made me sooo happy I actually watched an old House episode.

Sarie

XXX

Archived