Sneeze Fetish Forum

10 ways to stop a sneeze

countless

Here are some methods that I found on WikiHow.

I do not like to stop sneezes :blushing: , but if I had to ... well, I would prefer nr 3.

What about you ?

1. Press your tongue behind your two front teeth, where the roof of your mouth meets the gum palate or alveolar ridge. Press hard with your most powerful muscles against your teeth until the tickling sensation dissipates.

2. Pinch the tip of your nose when you feel that first tingle.

3. If you tend to have long sneezing jags, blow your nose frequently to clear your nostrils of irritants.

4. Tickle the roof of your mouth with the tip of your tongue when you feel the sneeze coming on. Continue until the urge to sneeze dissipates. This should take 5 to 10 seconds.

5. Put your index and middle fingers out in front of you. Touch your nose with both fingers. Push upwards.

6. Press the top of your upper lip with a finger.

7. Spread the thumb of one hand away from the fingers. Using the sharp edges of the nails on the thumb and index finger of your other hand, pinch the flap of skin between the spread thumb and the fingers.

8. Look at the darkest and largest surface you can find. Examples may include a computer screen that is off, or someone's black clothing. Imagine yourself slowly moving into the blackness, as if you are zooming into outer space and being enveloped in more and more warm darkness. Focus deeply on imagining this, and the "sneezy feeling" will soon subside. Hint: the better you get at this, the smaller the dark surface will need to be. Also, while trying this, avoid looking or thinking of any lights or similarly bright-colored objects. This will be especially effective if you are prone to the Photic sneeze reflex (see Tips).

9. Think very intensely about the spot right between your eyebrows. Keep imagining that something is touching it until the sneezing feeling subsides.

10. It is often possible to stop a sneeze late in the build up by sucking the tip of your finger. This works right up until the point when you actually initiate the sneeze.

Hmm..

Number #1 actually does the opposite for me. It MAKES the sneeze more likely to come. I've yet to try some of the others..

Woah, those are some interesting techniques; I might have to try some of them!

If you tend to have long sneezing jags, blow your nose frequently to clear your nostrils of irritants.

You know what's funny, I was in class a few days ago and saw this kid blow his nose and then sneeze three times right afterward. Not so sure about that one!

1. Press your tongue behind your two front teeth, where the roof of your mouth meets the gum palate or alveolar ridge. Press hard with your most powerful muscles against your teeth until the tickling sensation dissipates.

2. Pinch the tip of your nose when you feel that first tingle.

These two work for me, especially number 1.

Jeez, I hope this won't spread world-wide, or we won't have any sneezes left to enjoy. :jawdrop::omg:

Well, I heard another thing... my friend claims that it works on her husband, but I've never tried it myself: if you're about to sneeze, the urge to sneeze may go away if someone blows air carefully in your face. :omg: Anyone tried that one?

"Sneezing Jags"... that's a new expression. Yeah, as some of you have said, I find that the nose blowing thing only works some of the time. Sometimes it will actually make me sneeze again.

7. Spread the thumb of one hand away from the fingers. Using the sharp edges of the nails on the thumb and index finger of your other hand, pinch the flap of skin between the spread thumb and the fingers.

Isn't this one sort of like, "If you have a hammer handy, bring it down hard on your outstretched fingers. The resulting pain and screaming and fainting will make the sneeze dissipate." :laugh:

Archived